Unable to Display the folder. The operation failed.

I am migrating from 5.5 to 2003 , when I try to look at someone's e-mail
from Outlook 2000 or 2003 as the domain administrator I get the error
"Unable to Display the Folder. The Operation failed". I notice on the
mailbox that Full Mailbox Access is set to Deny but it is grayed out so
therefore I unable to take it off. Thanks in Advance Kevin.

0
emer777 (10)

Try the following article making your account a memeber of the security
group

292509 HOWTO: How to configure an account to use ExMerge on Exchange Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292509

--
Alan Williams
Microsoft Exchange Support
"Kevin" <emer777@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am migrating from 5.5 to 2003 , when I try to look at someone's e-mail
> from Outlook 2000 or 2003 as the domain administrator I get the error
> "Unable to Display the Folder. The Operation failed". I notice on the
> mailbox that Full Mailbox Access is set to Deny but it is grayed out so
> therefore I unable to take it off. Thanks in Advance Kevin.

0
alanew (21)
8/13/2004 3:20:16 PM
Why would send as and receive as deny access change the Full Mailbox Access
to Deny for Domain Administrators ?

"Alan Williams [MSFT]" <alanew@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Try the following article making your account a memeber of the security
> group
>
> 292509 HOWTO: How to configure an account to use ExMerge on Exchange
Server
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292509
>
> --
> Alan Williams
> Microsoft Exchange Support
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
rights.
> "Kevin" <emer777@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am migrating from 5.5 to 2003 , when I try to look at someone's e-mail
> > from Outlook 2000 or 2003 as the domain administrator I get the error
> > "Unable to Display the Folder. The Operation failed". I notice on the
> > mailbox that Full Mailbox Access is set to Deny but it is grayed out so
> > therefore I unable to take it off. Thanks in Advance Kevin.

0
emer777 (10)

Business Portal should be able to display FRx Reports with drill .
Currently, FRx reports with drill down capabilities do not appear properly on the Business Portal page. There should be a security option for the drill down information to display on the Business Portal page. ...

Unable to create new user mailbox. event id 9562
Trying to setup a new users and I can create the account just fine but no mailbox is created. When I look in the event log I see ID-9562 and that talks about the RUS. All teh info points to a rebuild or RUS which i did and still no luck with the mailbox. I tried to delete the users and re-create him with the same luck. I also tried to create a different user and still can't create a mailbox. All the KB articles point to a rebuild and that doesn't get it done. Anyone have any thoughts on this. This is pretty frustrating. Any help or KB articles would be greatly appreciate...

Lotus Notes clients unable to open attachments from outlook mails
I m sending mails from Exchange server / outlook but only lotus notes clients unable to open attachments got file extension change to ctf or dtf ...

I do not have access to a folder and I am the administrator how d.
Attempting to save a Word or Excell file onto a CD in my CD drive I get the message: 1st "incorrect Function"; 2nd "You do not have access to the folder 'D:\", see your administrator for access to this file". I am the only one on this computer and I am the administrator. A solotion? Don't try to save to the CD from within Excel. Save to your hard drive, then copy to the CD. On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:57:03 -0800, "bocathunder" <bocathunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Attempting to save a Word or Excell file onto a CD in my CD dr...

Follow-up Windows Failing on Load
When I click Follow Up, it says LOADING and then nothing comes up. Tried an uninstall and re-intall of the software into a fresh program directory... What's wrong? HELP!!! rml It should be on the right hand side of the window (try clicking the arrows on the top right to expand the pane)... Also check if javascript is blocked and also popup blockers. Yes, I checked all that... It says "loading", which then disappears, then nothing. It's doing this on ALL of our machines, whereas before it was working on all of them... It's sometihing with the server I'...

Personal Folders: "Top of Personal Folders" as recepticle?
Had a client lose some e-mails the other day. Finally figured out that he moved the e-mails to "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]". It took the Advanced Find to find them. So, is this by design? Allowing e-mails to be moved to the "Top of Personal Folders" but not in a legitimate personal folder? And if it is by design, how does one display them as a list (like the Inbox displays e-mails)? -- Remove INVALID from e-mail address. it's a legitimate folder. you can also disable the folder home page (right click, properties) to see if anything is there Brian Smi...

Two Personal Folders showing in left panel
For some unknown reason I have the default Personal Folder as well as a second copy of the Personal Folder showing in my folders list panel. I can not close the duplicate because that option is unavailable (presumably since Outlook 2003 thinks this is the default) I am running Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I have tried the repair inbox tool as well as the detect and repair outlook options. Help anyone? Create a new profile. Yours is corrupt. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeff" <jarneberg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23jzedAl9DHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...

Unable to send with Exchange 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C3D3A0.4B3839F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I try to send to one specific address with my Exchange 2003 server, = I get the following error bounce message: and the following event in the = application log. I can't find anything on the MSKB site about this = error or Event ID. I can successfully send to his address from a = personal account on a different domain. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The ...

Workbook loads but does not display
This is a weird one. Excel 2003 SP2 running on XP Pro SP2 in a SBS 2003 SP1 environment. If Excel is closed and you double-click on an Excel document, the workbook does not display. There is just a big, empty grey window. Status bar says "Done" and there are no error messages. If you minimize/maximise Excel or click on the New Document button, the document then displays fine. Any ideas, anyone? TIA, Bill Bill Couple of things 1) Look at Tools>Options...>General>Ignore other applications - Uncheck 2) Search (hidden files also) for a file called *.xlb (This is a ...

Displayed Name and Email Address
Hi, Our company email account is actually a distribution group in the exchange server of our SBS2003. There are two members in this group. In other words, any inbound email to the company email account, both members (accounts) get an email copy. The emails of these two account are retrieved via outlook 2003 (which the type of the account is exchange server). Now the question is: how can I set the outlook so that the recipient "see" the email address is the distribution group address and name. This can easily be done in pop3 account. But for exchange server account, there is n...

Folder Limitations
Hi, Scenario is Exchange 5.5 w/ SP4 on NT 4 w/ SP6. Using Outlook 2000 on all desktops. CEO decided to create subfolders under his inbox for many of the employees in the address book ( about 200 )...then attempted to create, using the Rules Wizard, a rule moving email from each specific user into related folder. At about rule # 75...Outlook issues an error message indicating that he does not have rights to the specific folder... So, question is...are there limits on rules and/or sub-folders within Outlook 2000 -> Exchange 5.5? Thanks. -- C.Egge There are limits. I would have exp...

Folder Status Does Not Update When New Mail Arrives
Some of the outlooks 2000, xp and 2003 we have in our network do not have their folders` number of unread items updated when a new mail arrives in that folder. If I click another folder, all the folders have their stauts up to date. This only happens when the Outlook is open, when it is minimized, it works properly. Has anyone go under this before ? Thanks a lot, Rafael. ...

display "from" email account
Is there any way to setup Outlook so that it behaves the same as Outlook Express with regards to the way it displays the "from" email account that's being used in a new email??? In OE, the "from" address shows in a drop down list right above the "to" field of any outgoing email. And it displays the current account being used. In Outlook you have to click on the "accounts" button in the toolbar to see the current account. This is incredibly inconvenient since I use different accounts all the time. Or at least have Outlook display the "from&quo...

Displaying a single field or two fields together
I have a chemical database that I'm working on, and in a report on each chemical, I would like it to display the contents of two fields, like this: Label: [field one] & [field two]. However, not all records have the second field. So I'd like for the ones with only field one used to just display: Label: [field one], but the ones with both to display as I've shown above. Is this possible? thanks! JJ JJ1109 wrote: > I have a chemical database that I'm working on, and in a report on each > chemical, I would like it to display the contents of two fields...

Symbols not displayed properly in Excel chart
Hello. I am trying to create a chart of percentages with the data table represented with the chart in Excel 2003. My problem is that I have symbols in my original data table (e.g., <1%) that are not displayed properly when I chart the data with the data table displayed as part of the chart (the cells with symbols show up as zeros). I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to get these symbols to show up properly in a chart's data table. Thanks! -Aaron ...

Setting a default open folder
Hi- I'm using Outlook 2002 using Imap. The folder list always starts at Outlook Today, I want to have my imap inbox be the default open folder when I start Outlook. At the very least have the imap account expanded. I'm transferring a bunch of people from Netscaoe mail to Outlook and want to make the transition an easy one. Thank you ...

rss feeds directly into public folders
Does anyone know of any sort of tool or add-on that I could use to pull RSS feeds directly into e2k3 public folders for all to see? TIA, Jeremy Jeremy, While I have used neither of the following, I found them promising. Please check them out: http://www.ingorammer.com/Software/OutBlog/ http://www.hanselman.com/blog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=212 Regards -- Nagendra Sitharamaiah MCSE, CCNA, MCT, CISSP Microsoft Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and co...

Excel unable to read file
Greetings, I wanted to find out what could be causing my current problem. I have installed the latest Office updates last Friday to a Windows XP SP1 and Office XP PC and now neither Excel nor Word will open a file. The message received is "Unable to read file" in Excel. Word does the same thing but also tells me that the Normal.dot already exists and would I like to save anyway. Anyone have any similar problems after downloading and installing the latest office updates? Oh and if you know how I can get Office to work again without uninstall/reinstall of the software I would gre...

Precision as displayed for certain cells only
Is this possible? Precision as displayed is exactly what I need, but only in certain cells, not the entire sheet like you get when you select the option under the calculations tab of the options dialog. I have a bunch of formulae that work on various numbers that result in a figure that is formatted to currency. Of course, these are rounded to two decimal places. But, any further calculations on that number are done on the whole decimal, not the rounded currency value. For example, I have a cell whose final output in currency is $3.21, and when I multiply that by ten, I get $320.88 sin...

Unable to view others free time
Good Day.. After we upgraded to Exchage 2003 from 5.5 we are unable to see free time of others when scheduling a meeting. Any ideas TIA.... Also all the clients are getting a error message " unable to update public/busy data. Could not complete the operation. "Ray" wrote: > Good Day.. > > After we upgraded to Exchage 2003 from 5.5 we are unable to see free time of > others when scheduling a meeting. Any ideas > > TIA.... This typically occurs when you do not replicate and rehome your System folders, including the Free/busy folder, to the new ser...

RPC Fail
We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Server 2003. the Virtual SMTP server just keeps stopping. Mail is still being queued, but none is being sent in or out... We are continually getting RPC failed error messages, and event viewer shows a kind of loop showing all protocols failing. (IMAP, HTTP, SMTP etc). Could be something to do with IIS ??????? (inetinfo.exe) ...

OLK5 Folder
I have a client who if he opens an attachment in Outlook 2003 and then while open he attempts to save it sets the default as the hidden folder OLK5. This folder appears to be in \documents and settings\owner\local settings\temporary internet files\olk5. I cannot find this during a search, etc even when showing hidden system and protected system files. The client is concerned as how can he clean out this folder. Any previously opened attachment is listed and can be accessed there. If he saves the attachment in Outlook 1st and then opens it from the My Documents folder, etc. it ...

New mail envelope non inbox folder
I created a few rules to move messages into different folders. When new mail comes in however it doesn't show the envelope icon as with new messages in the inbox. Is there a way to make new messages in folders other than the inbox show an envelope or am I stuck with the pop up notifications? Thanks. "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E5AF737-C92B-490B-B5E6-F3F2052358BE@microsoft.com... >I created a few rules to move messages into different folders. When new mail > comes in however it doesn't show the envelope icon a...

Unable to open message
I'm running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. Both have the latest service packs. Just this morning one of my users started having a problem. She can send mail to other users in the domain, but they can't open the email. She can send emails to outside domains and everyone can open her emails. Then in the Event Viewer on Exchange I get event id 12003 source MSExchange IS - an error occurred while processing the message. Why is she the only this is happening to on every internal message she sends. We can send her emails and she can read them without a problem. Any ideas/advice would ...

unable to load client print control CRM 4 report
Hi, we encounter a strange behaviour with some of our clients. We followed all the instructions to avoid the error message and it works fine for most of the clients. But there is an issue with the clients that are on 64-bit. It seems that there is a problem with the Print Control and the 64-bit IE, with 32-bit IE it is working fine and no error appears (same machine). Somehow the Outlook client is referencing to the 64-bit IE by default and printing out of the Outlook Client fails once again. When I call the same CRM deployment from 32-bit IE I can easily print reports. Any ideas how to...