Unable to display the folder. (Additional mailbox)

We are using Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2003.

I have tried to add User Y's mailbox to User X's Outlook under Exchange
(open these additional mailboxes). No matter what, I keep getting a gray
screen when clicking on the Mailbox in user's Folder List with the
following error message:

"Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access
the specified folder location."

I have made sure of the following:

1. User Y has given User X delegate privleges for Inbox, Calendar,
Tasks, Contacts & Notes. All privileges are set to Editor.

2. I have set the security privileges for User Y's account profile in
Active Directory so that User X has what basically amounts to full
control. I have also given User X "Send as" privileges in User Y's
account.

3. I have checked the settings per KB 839531 and they are OK.

Note that User X can open User Y's Inbox using File / Open / Other
User's folder so the privileges are working.

So why can't we get the Mailbox to open successfully in User X's
Outlook? I'm pulling my hair out over this.

--
Tom G.
Send replies to tom |att| geldner /dott/ com

Display Text in the Data Area of a Pivot Table
I would like to simply display text in the data area of a pivot table without summarizing it. For example, take the following database: Date Time Instructor 8/9 8am Jones 8/9 9am Smith 8/10 8am Anderson 8/10 9am Doe ....etc and display it in a pivot table like so: | 8/9 | 8/10 --------------------------------- 8am | Jones | Anderson 9am | Smith | Doe thanks. ...

prolem displaying Business Portal webpart
Dynamics GP 10 on Windows 2003 SP2: I got this Webpart error on all GP Business Portal pages under Employee Center, Manager Center, etc. I tried to rerun teh Sharepoint config gizmo but rthe problem persists: Web Part Error: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe. I found all the webparts (.asmx files) under C:\Program Files\ Microsoft Dynamics\Business Portal\ and the URL in Sharepoint seemed to point to the correct path. Somehow the link was broken! If I cannot fix it, then I may have RE-In...

Recovered Folder
How can I stop having a post from going into the recovered Folder and also why does it go there?? Thank You In Advance Doug That typically happens when Windows Live Mail wasn't closed down properly. One cause is power failures. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Doug" <DugGliss@removemegmail.com> wrote in message = news:OGkdgo8aKHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can I stop having a post from going into the recovered Folder and = also=20 > why does it go there?...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

Unable to print page with graphics
I put out a four page newsletter, any page that has an image with text, the printer spits out a blank page. However, if I use "Print current Page" the page prints fine! I am using JPEGS for the images, most are desaturated in Photoshop, so these images are not in color. I tried changing from JPEG to TIFF on the images, made no difference. Wonder if it a print spooling problem and not with publisher, any one have any ideas! Rick C When you open the print dialogue, be certain you clear "do not print any graphics". It is under the Advanced printing settings in 2002-...

how do i import all emails and folders from sbcglobal.net into out
Do you have a question ??? Read the following http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "sysdyne" <sysdyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:40E4C3CA-74DA-4534-AC01-F48E98772648@microsoft.com... > "sysdyne" <sysdyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40E4C3CA-74DA-4534-AC01-F48E98772648@microsoft.com... <nothing> When you ask a question, don't limit yourself to the subject. It can be ...

Question About Junk Folder/Mail
When one looks at the Junk Mail folder for either a POP or otherwise server, and does the ongoing Let-Em-In method as follows: 1. Highlight Junk Mail 2. [Right-Click] Junk Mail->Add to Safe Senders list 3. then (on the same message) [Right-Click] Junk Mail->Mark as Not Junk , these two commands certainly work, but one other annoying item is that it assigns the message or messages highlighted as Read. A look in the folder where the [erm] mail rules are supposed to place it shows the message having been processed, but marked as Read, thus not highlighted and fairly dif...

Unable to save username or password
I have been unable to save my username or password since the lock out problem has been fixed. Anyone have any suggestions? -- Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D. Hope, New Jersey You could log in with the passport, remove it and restart Money. Then reattach it and see whether it remembers the information. However, if you use any online services, I'm not sure whether there will be any effect on these, so take a backup if you do decide to do this. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. T...

Unable to send email to a certain address
I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send email to it or reply. I get the following error message: The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:35:25 -0500 from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us> (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.: >>> MAIL From:<rjaekel@dicararubinoarchitects.com> <<< 550 Can't ver...

Mailbox Permissions #5
Hi I recently migrated mailboxes from 5.5 to E2003. There was multiple mailboxes owned by one account. This account was a service account for SQL and was a member of domain admins. The Ex2003 wizard created seperate accounts for these mailboxes. What are the required permissions so that the original SQL service account can access these mailbox. or pointers to articles. Thanks ARaji "Raji Arulambalam" <rajia@ebopdotgovt.nz> wrote: >I recently migrated mailboxes from 5.5 to E2003. There was multiple >mailboxes owned by one account. This account was a service accoun...

Unable to view remote Exchange Server from ESM
I have several Exchange servers worldwide and all are up and running without issue, however when I attempt to view our Exchange servers in one of our remote sites, I am unable to and I receive the following message: The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Be sure the service is running and you have network connectivity to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Operation: Retrieving mount information ID no: c1041721 Exchange System Manager This is strange since I can ping the server. I am able to Remote into this server...

OL2003
In Outlook 2003, I am unable to turn on the Reading Pane for the Drafts folder. Is this by design? Or is there something I am overlooking? Neither the Reading Pane button or menu selections are available when the Drafts folder is selected. Thanks, David By annoying design. I think Chilton preview will work, but it's bottom only. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID .. Please HELP
I get the following error when I try to access my email from the Messanger icon (Messanger knowes the number of unread emails). I have been experiencing the problem for several months and have been searching for a solution but have not been able to find one. I am able to login to my Windows Live Email via the web. I have deleted my account and reinstalled it and I have coppied all my email to a backup folder neither of these have worked. Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (Kellyr02) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. ...

Password Protecting Folders.
My pc will be going in for repairs shortly. I'd like to protect some of my folders. Can folders be individually password protected under Vista? Thanks "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message news:7769caff-d403-44b2-b68a-980e962a05ff@j27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com: > My pc will be going in for repairs shortly. > > I'd like to protect some of my folders. Can folders be individually > password protected under Vista? Not directly. Even if they could be, any good repair technician worth his salt could figure out how t...

Mailbox move adds Deny Permission
Hi, Got a really weird problem, that we noticed after moving mailboxes from an older Exchange, to an Exchange Cluster. We have a helpdesk mailbox that the tech team accesses. Once it was moved, we could no longer gain access to it. Looking at the Helpdesk permissions (Exchange Advanced tab) I noticed that the Administrator, Domain Admins, Exchange Admins, etc. all have full control attributes (Greyed out), but now there is a DENY permission as well (Full Mailbox Access). I didn't add that permission....and cannot remove it...seems to be inherited from somewhere...but have no i...

displaying comments
Is there a way to make Excel display a comment when a cell is selected (as opposed to moving the cursor over the cell)? And, is it possible to make the comment disappear when the cell is deselected? Thanks, tj Hi, Have you tried applying a Validation message to a cell rather than comment? This has the effect of only showing a message when the cell i selected. To apply: 1)Choose Data-Validation 2)Choose Input Message Tab 3)Check Show Input Message when cell is selected 4)Type message in Input Message Box After applying Data-Validation to one cell, it can be Copied an PasteSpecial-Validat...

allow folders in access
It's pretty common to have logical groupings of queries, reports and so on. It would be great if Access provided a grouping mechanism - via named folders or something similar - within the object management panes. For example, if I'm creating a report - MyReport - that has several subreports - MySubreport1, MySubreport2 and MySharedSubreportA - I could set things up in the Reports pane like this: - MyReportFolder [folder] MyReport [rpt obj] MySubreport1 [rpt obj] MySubreport2 [rpt obj] - MySharedSubreports [folder] MySharedSubreportA [rpt obj] Two things to note: ...

unable to edit bill series
When I make changes to the details of a bill or deposit, the OK button doesn't work. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be completely frusstrating. The only way around it is to make a completely new entry, which can be very involved for a paycheck with a lot of details. I have tried restarting money and the whole computer, but that doesn't work. ...

Mail Folder Scrollbar too fast?
Whenever I try to copy messages from my Favorite Folders to the Mail Folders, the folders move very fast. Is there a way to control these Folders - stop them from moving fast? thx they always move too slow for me. :) The only way to control the speed is by the position of the mouse - usually higher (or lower) on the window will speed it up. It's hard to explain, just play around with the mouse position. also, if you have so many folders that the mouse speed is a problem, you might want to consider different mail management techniques. Using hundreds of folders is not necessarily...

Can message journaling be done on a single mailbox in Ex2000
Hi all, Can message journalling be done on particular mailboxes. Or is there any other way to get copied all outgoing & incoming of PARTICULAR DEPARTMENT employees to its manager's mailbox. Thanks in advance Ivar "Ravi" <ravialahan_p@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1108009914.921986.318760 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Can message journalling be done on particular mailboxes. > Or is there any other way to get copied all outgoing & incoming of > PARTICULAR DEPARTMENT employees to its manager's mailbox. You'll either need an event sink or a third...

what control should I use to display a bmp file?
Hello everybody, Like in subject: what control should I use to display a bmp file? I've created a dialog with 'picture control', but can't seem to find any way to display a bitmap on it having path given. It's not one, special bitmap. It's user-defined, selected from 'Open file' dialog. What method should I use to display a bmp on a 'picture control'? Any ideas? The following tutorial shows one way to load a bitmap. http://functionx.com/MFCFundamentals/Lesson11.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] --------------------------------...

Copy Posts from one Public Folder to Another
I have an Exchange 2003 Public folder tree that has multiple levels. I have a need for users to Post to one public folder and then have a copy of that Post copied to another public folder automatically. I have set this up for emails (plain forwarding) and it works fine but I have yet been able to get the Posts to duplicate to the other folder. Does anyone have any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Glenn There are two ways to forward email out of a public folder: 1. Used a rule on the public folder. As owner of the public folder go to properties and to the folder assistant ...

Custom Search Folder
Hi! I would like to know if there is any way to programatically create your own custom Search Folder from an Outlook add-in, and of course, add it's own search criteria (I would like to search after a custom fileld added in certain MailItems). Also, if this is possible, how do I access it afterwards? It doesn't matter if this is done via OOM, CDO or Redemption (or something else?)...is it possible? Thanks a lot, Doru Use the Application.AdvancedSearch method to return a Search object, = then use Search.Save to create the search folder. You will be able to = use a custom field ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Move Problem
We are currently running Exchange 2003 in a single domain/site on Windows 2000 platform servers. Although still in mixed mode, all of our mailboxes and public folders have been migrated to the E2K3 servers. In an attempt to isolate then fix a Blackberry problem, two months ago multiple users mailboxes were moved from E2K3 Server A to E2K3 Server B. Once the problem was resolved, our administrators began moving the mailboxes back to their original E2K3 Server/Storage Group/Mail Store. All of the moves were successful except for two. Each attempt to move these two mailboxes to their origina...

Help Files not displaying in 2004
Has anyone who has loaded 2004 seen this anomoly. The help guide comes up on the right of the screen, but when I click on topic, I get nothing. I can search for a topic, and the topic appear, but when I click on what I want to review, I get a "unable to load topic". I wrote a new FAQ last weekend that should be posted shortly: --- Q): Money Help keeps whining about script errors or similar nonsense. Why? What can I do about it? A): Nobody really knows what causes this. For most people, this issue has been resolved by going into IE Internet Options (from IE Tools or from the des...