Unable to delete messages in Deleted Items Folder #2

Hi,

We have recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 SP2.

All has gone well, with the exception of one minor problem.
Most users (not all) are unable to delete messages in the Deleted Items
Folder. Nothing happens basically, when you select and click delete, or
manually with the delete key.

Have tried the following with no success: -
Remove outlook/reinstall.
Remove outlook profile/recreate.

We are using Outlook 2000 as a client.

However if a user uses OWA, they can delete the messages ok.
If I logon to an unaffected pc and create a user profile/outlook profile
this seems to work as well.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

"Glyn Williams" <orange_email@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:eQwQY1kEHHA.3396
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

> We are using Outlook 2000 as a client.
>
> However if a user uses OWA, they can delete the messages ok.
> If I logon to an unaffected pc and create a user profile/outlook profile
> this seems to work as well.

What happens if they try and empty the deleted items folder? Any event log
entries? Any thoughts on upgrading your client anytime soon?

Regards,

--
R. Arlo Clizer
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org

"Arlo Clizer" <aclizer@online.googlemail.com> wrote in message
> "Glyn Williams" <orange_email@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:eQwQY1kEHHA.3396
> @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
>
>> We are using Outlook 2000 as a client.
>>
>> However if a user uses OWA, they can delete the messages ok.
>> If I logon to an unaffected pc and create a user profile/outlook profile
>> this seems to work as well.
>
> What happens if they try and empty the deleted items folder? Any event log
> entries? Any thoughts on upgrading your client anytime soon?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> R. Arlo Clizer
> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
> Archives: http://groups.google.com

After decommissioning the old 5.5 server and setting the 2003 server to
native mode, this problem disappeared.

The old 5.5 server must be decommissioned correctly though.

"msnews.microsoft.com" <orange_email@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> If we try and and empty the deleted items folder nothing happens also.
> I will check the logs, but haven't yet.
> I have found if I upgrade a 2000 client to 2003 and start outlook with the
> /resetfolders it seems to work ok, unforutnately I have 200 outlook 2000
> clients.
> Thanks,
> Glyn
>
> "Arlo Clizer" <aclizer@online.googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> "Glyn Williams" <orange_email@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:eQwQY1kEHHA.3396
>> @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:
>>
>>> We are using Outlook 2000 as a client.
>>>
>>> However if a user uses OWA, they can delete the messages ok.
>>> If I logon to an unaffected pc and create a user profile/outlook profile
>>> this seems to work as well.
>>
>> What happens if they try and empty the deleted items folder? Any event
>> log
>> entries? Any thoughts on upgrading your client anytime soon?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> R. Arlo Clizer
>> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
>> Archives: http://groups.google.com

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Unable to llaunch FRx
Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today. When users try to launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen flashes for a second then disappears. There is no error message and no entry in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs. I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam Canada) reports show up. This was working fine yesterday. I reran the FRx index scripts but that did not resolve it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. -- Jim Maybe the program is corrupted...perhaps a reinstall. But bac...

Outlook 2003

Message comes as an attachment

sharing of folders

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

matching contents #2

Please ignore #2

reason codes #2
I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for discounts. However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report. HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)! ...

Installation Error Message
I am attemting to install CRM4 or W2003 server running SQL 2008. I get the following message: Setup requires SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 Hotfix for role creation on SQL Reporting Service SP2 Workgroup edition at the specified Reporting Services Report Server http://XXXXX/reportserver. It is asking for SQL2005 hotfix yet I am running SQl2008. Any suggestions? ...

Rendering iframe in an outlook message
what settings (is it security) do I need to make to outlook 2003 to enable it to render an iframe HTML in a message? ...

Server-Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg.
Help. This error message displays when my user opens Outlook 2002. The only fix I can find is to update my exchange server.. which is already up to date. Any suggestions? ...

Exchange Message Archive/Availability
I have Exchange 5.5 currently. I've posted a few messages this morning on store limits. Thanks for the replies! This quetion is a geared a bit differently. Our users receive a lot of email that they want to retain, but business-wise it does not belong in their mailbox. Meaning, its an email that other people in the organization should have access to. A quick example of this would be a customer service rep receiving an email PO. This may be an attachment or it may be just in the body of the email. Currently, this rep creates a folder in their mailbox called customer A and retains the email...

Recording Macro Error Message
While recording the macro, I access the cell I need the formula in and write the formula. After writing the formula and hitting ENTER, I receive a microsoft GUI with "Unable To Record", and ackknowledge the GUI by hitting OK. The forluma is written to the cell - all even has the desired result/calculation. When I access the code, the navigation within the worksheet is listed in the code, but the furmula is not listed. I tried exiting the file and trying a second time, yet the same results. How do I "reset" the macro recorder to again begin to record all as...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...