Unable to delete empty database

I recently moved a group of users out of one database into another Database
within the same storage group.  After successfully moving all users (except
SMTP and SystemMailbox) out of the 1st database I attempted to delete the
database only to receive an error:

One or more users currently use this mailbox store.  These users must be
moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this
store.

Id no: c1034a7f
Exchange System Manager

Can I delete this mailbox via ADSIEDIT?  Is this the recommended
alternative?

Thanks,

BJ
0
BJ (832)

Use the AD Users and Computers snap-in and, from the domain, select
"Find". Click the "Advanced" tab and select "User" from the "Field"
button. From there, select "Exchange Home Server". Now select "Ends
with" in the "Condition" field. Now put the name of the server you
want to remove into the "Value" field and click "Add". Click the "Find
Now" button and you should be presented with a list of all user
objects in the domain that have been assigned a mailbox on that
server.

Remember that being assigned a mailbox does not mean that a mailbox
actually exists!

You can select the whole group of users in the results list and use
the "Exchange Tasks..." menu to delete the mailbox (you may not be
able to move the non-existant mailbox).

Compliments of Neil H.

Todd

"bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I recently moved a group of users out of one database into another
> Database
> within the same storage group.  After successfully moving all users
> (except
> SMTP and SystemMailbox) out of the 1st database I attempted to delete the
> database only to receive an error:
>
> One or more users currently use this mailbox store.  These users must be
> moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting
> this
> store.
>
> Id no: c1034a7f
> Exchange System Manager
>
> Can I delete this mailbox via ADSIEDIT?  Is this the recommended
> alternative?
>
> Thanks,
>
> BJ

0
tbooher (148)

Opening Access Database from Internet Explorer
sWe currently have a site where we can upload files and then a user can access these files. Currently we have an access database which when you click on the link you get the option to either save it or open it. When you click Open the Access database opens just fine on the machines that have Access 2003 but not the case for the machines that have Access 2007. At first I thought it was because I was trying to open a .mdb on a machine that has Access 2007 but then I created an Access 2007 database and the same error when I tried to open it through the site. Is anyone aware of c...

CButton derived class unable to take away the heavy black border(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON) from another button(CButton)
I have 4 buttons on a dialog insert, delete, ok, cancel. The ok button is the default button. Three of the buttons(delete,ok,cancel) are normal CButton and the remaining one(insert) is DerCButton which is a derived class from CButton. When tabbing from one button to another i notice that when the focus moves to insert button the heavy black border (BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON style) is set on the ok button (default button). When the delete button gets focus the ok button is no more highlighted. How can i ensure that the ok button is not highlighted when insert button gets focus?. The insert button class ...

Unable to Read File #2
I cut and paste another part of the file to an existing excel file, When open the file again, the page is blank and a dialog box states: "Unable to open file". I saved my work every step of the way. I made a backup copy and have tried it several times. Each time the dialog box states : Unable to read file. What is the problem? Are you by any chance running XL97 or XL2K, and within the range that is being cut and pasted have any references to names that use formulas such as GET.WORKBOOK etc? I would have expected it to crash Excel if you do, but worth asking the qu...

Outlook Express
Help. I am running OE Ver 6 on Windows ME. I am unable to add new identities - only my main ID shows up. When I go to add a new ID it simply asks for a name (I Add a New Name) then it asks if I want to switch to tht ID now - if I do OE dissapears into Cyberworld. My wife is getting a little annoyed about this and has threatened "ACTION" if the problem is not fixed soon. Help Me PLEASE DAvy ...

Style Pane is empty
Hello, I am using Word 2007 on Office XP. I am editing a file created by another user. When I display the Style Pane, it's empty. Any ideas? I have had the same experience with a few documents that I received by e-mail from one of my students. I don't know what is causing it, but it might depend on the version of Word the document was created in (judging by the compatibility options, the person used Word 2002 to create the file). The following procedure seems to fix the issue, though: In the Styles pane, click Options and choose something other than what is currently...

Trying to delete info in a cell
I have 1 column of information with over a thousand rows of info. I want to just delete some info in the cell and keep the rest. Anyone have any idea how to do this? Here's an example of my info: AABERG 0.000 83.839 38738 AADLAND 0.000 87.245 58868 AAGAARD 0.000 85.690 48524 I want to delete all the numbers. Ay help woud be greatly appreciated. ASAP Utilities, a free Add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a built in feature that will strip out all numerical characters from a string. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "E2K3Tek" wrote: >...

Unable to unhide some hidden rows
I have been using Excel 2002 to track events. There are about 950 rows and 15 columns. As events are completed, I hide the rows so that I can see only active events. However, I occasionally need to unhide a row in order to see some data. Then I rehide it. When I say "I", I set it up but a receptionist has been using it. I've found lots of mistakes in her entries and she no longer works for me. A few days ago, I tried unhiding all rows, double checking data. I discovered three rows that I cannot unhide - row 776, 790, and 807. I closed the program and a couple of...

Deleting unwanted "Temporary" files
A web site has downloaded several files (gif, css and js) to my Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files folder. I do not want them on my PC since I don't know what they do and they were downloaded without my knowledge. I have tried to delete them, but can not do so. I used CCleaner to remove them, but when I reboot, theye are still there. They seem to be "permanent" and I can not remove, rename, edit or anything. Properties tell me nothing. In Windows Explorer, they file name is truncated and the internet address is listed. How can I get rid of them? I wil...

Can't delete message in outbox
I can't delete a corrupted message in my Outlook 2000 outbox through any regular means. I am running Windows 98 second edition. Does anyone know how to delete the message by other means? >-----Original Message----- >I can't delete a corrupted message in my Outlook 2000 >outbox through any regular means. I am running Windows >98 second edition. Does anyone know how to delete the >message by other means? >. >Have experienced same problem (OS-XP), believe associated with Email Worm? Messages sent w/multiple copies rec'd? Messages remain in Outbox c...

Deleting ODBC data files relating to Access 2007
I had Office 2003 on my machine with some Access database files. The machine was reformatted and Office 2007 was installed. This caused some problems with the existing database files. I then created some using Access 2007. I then reverted back to 2003 and that made things worse. The bottom line is that Office 2007 has been reinstalled and I'm sticking with it. The problem is that there are a few ODBC data files that will not delete. I go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) Shortcut. The files will not delete. I'd appreciate any help or ...

"" is an empty cell?
Dear All If I insert ="" in cell A1 and =2 in cell B1, then when I insert =A1*B1 in cell C1, I do not get 0. Does not "" correspond to an empty cell? Thanks in advance, Paul No it doesn't. "" in a cell is a null string which means it isn't empty but contains "". You're formula =A1*B1 is multiplying "" by 2 which is effectively multiplying a text value by 2, so it will return #VALUE! Regards, Alan "Paul Smith" <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159970351.191296.70950@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com......

how can I open MS SQLsharepoint database files
how can I open MS SQLsharepoint database files MSDE 2000 format I have a copy of the whole SQL folder from c:\program files. From a SBS 2003 instalation that crashed and oem does not allow me to do a repair and just would lieke to see what the data contains, even if I can get to to an excel or Access database to print out would help. Maybe... (haven't tried it myself) Using SharePoint Database Explorer on SBS http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2007/01/05/using-sharepoint-database-explorer-on-sbs.aspx -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ============================ ...

Using Delete Dialog
Hi NG, I try to create a Custom Web Page, which will insert to the CRM by NavBar. This is working fine. Now the should be a seperate Button, for deleting. I found a way to call the standard delete dialog with: window.showModalDialog("/grid/cmds/dlg_delete.aspx?iObjType=112&iTotal=1&sIds=") My Problem now: How can I set the id for the Case which should deleted? When I set the argumten like: window.showModalDialog("/grid/cmds/dlg_delete.aspx?iObjType=112&iTotal=1&sIds=", "{C1B55815-104E-DB11-9C89-0003FFA2910B}") I get the error: "XML Parse...

How do I make a database to import AOL address book to Outlook Ex. #2
I exported my friends AOL address book to a text file and a HTML file. Is there a way to make this into a database I can import into Outlook Express? Thank you ...

Logon user name is empty
ASP.NET 4.0 I tried to get the Windows Logon user by: HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.ToString(); But it return empty. What I want to do is to get the full name of the logon user from Active Directory. Alan T wrote: > ASP.NET 4.0 > > I tried to get the Windows Logon user by: > > HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.ToString(); > > But it return empty. > > What I want to do is to get the full name of the logon user from Active > Directory. > Are you using authentication before allowing access to the applicatio...

Import external database query not working with other users?
Help! I set up an import external database query (ms access) for an excel report used on our network that works fine for me, but will not refresh the data for anyone else. It does not appear to be due to any difference in user access or mapping. I set everything up through folders and files that all users have access to. I can't figure out why it only works for me. Is the query set up by the wizzard somehow tied to the user? Thanks, Dave. -- devbox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ devbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

SharePoint 2007 search databases
Hi, I have always wondered what is kept in the search databases within SharePoint 2007. Does anyone know exactly? I am talking about two databases in particular: WSS_Search (this database is always quite small) SharedServicesN_Search_DB (this database seems more directly related to indexing as it can get quite large, and it can generate large SQL transaction logs during an index crawl) I have read the following page, but it is not very informative: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc678868.aspx My main confusion lies in the fact that I know the search index itse...

Access unable to create an MDE

Outlook 2003
Just recently, I am unable to create new appointments or open current appointments. I double-click, but nothing happens. Any ideas? I don't believe I have changed anything... There are numerous reports that users are unable to create new Calendar items after installing Outlook 2003's SP2. While we have no idea what is causing it and it doesn't appear to be very widespread, the solution is to restart Outlook. If Outlook doesn't close completely (look in Task Manager) you'll need to force it closed (select Outlook.exe and click End Process), otherwise you'll nee...

mail removed from control panel
Hello, My mail shortcut is removed from my control panel. I did a search, I must have deleted it. How do I create a new one? Boe <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote: > My mail shortcut is removed from my control panel. I did a search, I > must have deleted it. How do I create a new one? Perhaps a Help>Detect and Repair in Outlook. -- Brian Tillman Boe, you wrote on Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:06:15 -0800: > My mail shortcut is removed from my control panel. I did a search, I must > have deleted it. How do I create a new one? May it be that you mean "Desktop...

Delete Payees
Is there a way to delete multiple payees at once? I have many with no transactions I would like to delete all at once. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >Is there a way to delete multiple payees at once? I have many with no >transactions I would like to delete all at once. No. One at a time. Bob wrote: > Is there a way to delete multiple payees at once? I have many with no > transactions I would like to delete all at once. > A suggestion I saw last spring was to File > Archive, with an archive date older than any transaction (I used 1967 when I tried this). ...

How do I delete duplicate entries in excel?
I have been given a large database in excel and need to distill it by removing duplicate entries. I would like the results to be displayed in a new worksheet so I won't lose the original data. I have a basic working knowledge of excel but I can learn. Here's an approach to try (it might seem a bit long, but it's really pretty easy): Example Assumptions: Sheet1 contains your data in cells A1:Z100 Sheet2 is where you want the extracted data to be displayed (of course, you'll need to adjust the range references to suit your situation) Using Sheet2: Insert>Name>Defi...

Unable to open calendar

I'm unable to open Outlook due to a Runtime error (in Visual C++ .
Just installed Office XP (from Disk) and I keep getting a statement that Outlook can't connect to Microsoft Exchange Server. Hi, Are you actually connected to an Exchange server? If not, it sounds like your Outlook profile is not set up correctly, and is trying to locate an Exchange server that doesn't exist. To correct this problem, first open Outlook, click on Tools > Email Accounts > select View or change existing email accounts. If the email accounts box refers to a Microsoft Exchange server, highlight that entry and click remove. Outlook will no longer look for an E...

Deleting a full contact list
My Live Mail contact list has many old contacts (about 600) and I want to replace it by importing a clean one (in .csv form). But when I import it adds the new list to the existing one. How do I either (a) get teh imprted list to replace the existing one, or (b) erase all the existing entries then import? Export the current as insurance. Delete all the contacts Import the 'clean one' -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Martemagne" <Martemagne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68BFCE1F-88B4-4386-A33A-6CB4DF6EAC2C@microsoft.com... > ...