unable to change password via OWA

Hi,

I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click
on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and
asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have
is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the
password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met."
But I didn't define any password policy on DC.
What can I do ?

Kindly please give me some idea.

Thanks

Losa
0
Lisa1 (290)

If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password
requirements that need to be met. To see what you have them set to, look the
domain policy for passwords complexity.
run secpol.msc from your command line and under accout polcies, you will see
password policy.
Kip

"Lisa" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click
> on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and
> asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have
> is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the
> password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met."
> But I didn't define any password policy on DC.
> What can I do ?
>
> Kindly please give me some idea.
>
> Thanks
>
> Losa
0
Tessio (1)
10/19/2004 10:31:04 PM
Thank you, Kip. The password policy for password complexity is disable. I
still get the error message.

"Tessio" wrote:

> If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password
> requirements that need to be met. To see what you have them set to, look the
> domain policy for passwords complexity.
> run secpol.msc from your command line and under accout polcies, you will see
> password policy.
> Kip
>

> "Lisa" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click
> > on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and
> > asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have
> > is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the
> > password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met."
> > But I didn't define any password policy on DC.
> > What can I do ?
> >
> > Kindly please give me some idea.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Losa
0
Lisa1 (290)

Change of recipient/sender display name
Hi All, Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role) Outlook client :- 2003, 2007 We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange 2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address, each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example, display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is fin_manager@hdemea.com I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email a...

Change default font format in Excel
I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold, red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks. Michael, Copy the code below, right-click on your sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Cou...

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

changing the cell information #2
Hi I have files I tried to change the cell information to another cel that have to be the blank for a row that contains director name in cel A and for the movie titles I have to have director names instead of th title names.Please help me, the data in cell B sholuld have to be, A 1 D:B.Jane 2 T:Back to the future 3 T:Aliens 4 T:X-files 5 D:Adam Mathew 6 T:Core 7 T:Titanic B 1 (empty) 2 D:B.Jane 3 D:B.Jane 4 D:B.Jane 5 (empty) 6 D:Adam Mathew 7 D:Adam Mathew thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Change links to hyperlinks in a workbook?
I have 5 Income Statement sheets in a workbook. The first sheet is an Income Statement summing four departments (listed by columns). Column B has Dept 1 data, column C has Dept 2 data, etc. ALL data on this sheet is linked (referenced) to the other four sheets which are the individual departments. I know I can set hyperlinks one at a time, but is there a way for me to have each of those links (every cell containing the data from the other four sheets) become hyperlinks? If I have to add another sheet that mirrors the summary sheet but has hyperlinks, that would be fine. I am just ...

Access OWA during exchange offline
Dear All AS we know, we can access Our inbox (via Ms Outlook) during exhange server down or offline. My concern is, can wee access our inbox or calendar during exchange server is offline? thank you.. In news:%23YTtmu97FHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, Muhamad Taufik Khasim <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> typed: > Dear All > > AS we know, we can access Our inbox (via Ms Outlook) during exhange > server down or offline. > My concern is, can wee access our inbox or calendar during exchange > server is offline? > > thank you.. No.....only when your mailbox is accessibl...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

Unable to switch to native mode
I am trying to convert from Mixed to Native mode using the steps in Q272314. Our environment is 4 sites that were upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2k3 and we have moved all mailboxes, public folders to the new servers. I have followed all the steps in the Q article above and made sure that all recipient CA's were removed. I've removed all the Directory Replication Connectors (except ADNAutoDRC) When I get to the final Step 11 and 12 I get an error that the "SRS is function9ing as the bridgehead for one or more directory replication connectors and cannot be deleted.&qu...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Unable to enter correct product key
I have purchased a Mac G4 PowerBook and installed my Microsoft Office (student and teacher edition). Not understanding the significance of the Product Key, I entered a code that I have already used on another computer. Now I am unable to open Microsoft Word on my hew computer because I also have the same product key used on my old computer. I have three product keys. How can I install the program in my new computer using the correct product key? In article <d10c35c6.0408302116.39c1cc84@posting.google.com>, gstoddard@charter.net (george) wrote: > I have purchased a Mac G4 PowerBook ...

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

Changing the Selection Fields in a Combo Box
Hi, I've created a Combo Box using the Controls Wizard. In creating the control, I specified that my unique value to be stored in the table is an ID. When the user views the selection options in the Combo Box, I'd like to have the ID field hidden and only see the text values, while still storing the ID in the appropriate column. This is probably a second question. Also, when the user views a form that has been populated, I'd like them to see the actual textual values on the form, as just the stored ID value. Is that possible to do with the one Combo Box or is that...

APAY Frequency changes mysteriously
Has anyone noticed that if, for example, you set up an APAY bill monthly, that all of a sudden the next pay date is many months later? It will be cruising along fine, sending bills monthly via MSN Billpay automatically and then one day I go to look at BILLS AND DEPOSITS and some of the autopay's that should be due next month say something crazy like it wont be paid until three months from now or even Jan of next year. I have to cancel the autopay and resubmit it with the proper information. This has happened to me several times in Money2003 on XP... p.s. I tried out the archive feature t...

Background changes conditionally
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that shows the floor plan layout of my call centre. On each desk, the desk number and identity are displayed. I would like to colour the background for those pcs that are on the same subnet. I have a sheet called data - it contains Table Number, Desk Number, PC ID, IP Address. How could I get it to change the background colour if the pc is on subnet 162, and set a different colour for those on subnet 167 any ideas? -- PeterG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeterG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

OWA & "User must change password at next logon"
Current Environment: Running EX2K3(SP2), and using OWA as the ONLY option to get e-mail; using certificates (https:\\owa.domain.com\exchange) & forms based Authentication. Problem: I create a NEW user in AD; e-mail enable it, and select "User must change password at next logon". Now when the user tries to log in (VIA OWA) s/he is not prompted to change the password / it won't even log them in. It use to work with our old exchange 2000 environment, where it gave them the opportunity to change the password at sign on. Answer: ? There is one property in MetaBase: ...

OWA Sessions
Our configuration consists of 2 FE servers and multiple BE servers. Is there a way to determine the number of OWA sessions open on the FE servers? If I have a need to reboot one of the FE servers (which I currently do) I would like to know how many users are currently connected via OWA, or even RPC over HTTP. If I go to the BE servers I can view Logons but I would have to do that for every BE server and even that wouldn't tell me which FE they are connected through. Not sure how or if this is possible, either through ESM, IIS or a performance counter. Thanks. Performance Counte...

Changing default Print copies
Hi, I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of 3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how to change this permanently? Thanks in advance. Pach >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up > the print dialog. Look at the defaults for you...

HOW DO I COPY FORMULA WITHOUT CHANGING CELL REFERENCE
My cell c1 contains the formula b1-a1.when i copy this formula to cells d1 and e1 the cells d1 and e1 have the following formula : d1=c1-b1 e1=d1-c1 but i want the following d1 should be b2-a2 and e2 should be b3-a3 how do i do this? One way... In C1 enter & copy across: =INDEX($A:$A,COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$1)+1)-INDEX($B:$B,COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$1)+1) anantth wrote: > My cell c1 contains the formula b1-a1.when i copy this formula to cells d1 > and e1 the cells d1 and e1 have the following formula : > d1=c1-b1 > e1=d1-c1 > > but i want the following > d1 should be b2-...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...

Password Security #2
I have one server for DC/DHCP/DNS etc. and one other server for Exchange Enterprise. I am trying to add users/mailboxes to the exchange server and get an error that it does not meet the password security. ie 1 uppercase Letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number and 1 special char. Where do I change this? I don't need that much security. DG In you default domain GPO, under Computer ConfigurationWindows Settings/Security Settings/Password Policy/Passwords Must meet complexity requirements. You can disable the policy there. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:29:53 -0500, "Dan" <gill_dani...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...