Unable to add Exchange DNS name to Recipient Policy

Hi there

We recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 2000, and I noticed that an entry
in the default recipient policy - @servername.domainname - which in turn
stamps each user account with a username@servername.domainname address, was
missing.  On trying to add the rule to the policy again, we get this error:-

This domain address cannot be used for a recipient policy because it matches
the name of an Exchange server.

ID no: c1031340
Exchange System Manager

We need the @servername.domainname address to be configured for each user as
our workflow system uses this to skip our Linux server and send mail to our
Exchange box directly.  Is there any way to get around this?  Is it perhaps
fixed in Exchange 2003 SP2?  The policy worked just fine in Exchange 2000.
We can possibly look at changing the way the workflow emails get sent, or use
a different domain name, but would prefer to keep it working the way it is
now if possible.

Thanks!

0
ray.diack (6)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

how many receivers i can add

Renaming Partial File Names

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Need to add to current formula

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

If a worksheet name is = to test then a msgbox appears
I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. For example, if the name of a sheet in a workbook is equal to test then display msgbox saying sheet already exists. Thanks Vick dim ws as worksheet set ws = nothing on error resume next set ws = worksheets("test") on error goto 0 if ws is nothing then msgbox "doesn't exist" else msgbox "already exists" end if Vick wrote: > > I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. > > For example, if the name of a sheet in a w...