Unable to access Mailbox of Re-Enabled User

Hello!  We are running Exchange Server 2003 SP1, and the issue I am
experiencing is that if we disable a user account and then re-enable it to
get the mail, the mailbox won't be accessable.  I have even reset the users
password, logged in as him/her and it still won't work.  It keeps prompting
for authentication in Outlook (2003).  The only way I have gotten it to work
is to delete the mailbox, remove all Exchange attributes from the User
Account, and then reattach the mailbox to the User Account.   Any thoughts as
to what the problem is? Thanks!

Check the permissions on the mailbox. I've found that sometimes it takes a
REAL LONG time for the permissions to "stick". Particularly, make sure the
user account has rights and the SELF. both should be Full Mailbox Access.

"Jack Dobiash" <JackDobiash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!  We are running Exchange Server 2003 SP1, and the issue I am
> experiencing is that if we disable a user account and then re-enable it to
> get the mail, the mailbox won't be accessable.  I have even reset the
users
> password, logged in as him/her and it still won't work.  It keeps
prompting
> for authentication in Outlook (2003).  The only way I have gotten it to
work
> is to delete the mailbox, remove all Exchange attributes from the User
> Account, and then reattach the mailbox to the User Account.   Any thoughts
as
> to what the problem is? Thanks!

0
Mary

Cannot access this form because the dictionary containing it is no
I am receiving this error in Purchasing for all companies, Cannot access this form because the dictionary containing it is not loaded. I performed a default install of Dynamic GP 10.0 with the following additions, Analytical Accounting Audit Trails Check Amts to Words Payment Doc Mgt Professional Services Tools Library. No problem in test environment. Driving me nuts! thanks, -- Phil Gilbert Free Radical, LTD. Phil, This would happen (especially for Purchasing related forms) due to Project Accounting. Check whether in the Alternate Modified Forms/Reports, the Purchasing forms are ...

Access 2007 Navigation Pane Frozen
I maximixed my form for viewing purposes and now my navigation pane that shows the tables, queries, etc. is about 1/4" wide and there is no longer a shutter option - << (to expand or collapse). Has anyone had this happen and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks for your input. Try pressing the F11 button. See if that maximizes it. If you can see the words "Navigation Pane", try clicking on them. If that doesn't work, try to grab the edge using the cursor and holding down the left mouse button. Then move it out. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP...

Outlook 2k re-downloads POP mail
Outlook 2k re-downloads POP mail Hi all, Every so often outlook 2k decides to re-download all the messages on my POP mail server. This translates into hundreds or thousands of duplicate emails. Help! I don't want to set outlook to delete messages off POP server since I sometimes use the webmail features to check mail when on the road. Thanks in adavance, Joe Letter Hi Joe maybe this could solve your problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=321174 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Joe Letter" &...

Cannot Convert Access 2002 DB To Access 2007
I have a very small, simple Access DB that converts web site log files into easy to read Access reports. I can open and use the 2002 version in 2007 just fine, but every attempt to convert to 2007 file format fails and generates an error message that says the file is already in use by [me] on my PC. I've tried opening exclusively, etc; nothing helps. So the conversion never happens. I am the only user [and am the admin] on the PC. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. I have been able to make a new, blank 2007 DB and import all objects; but even with co...

unable to send emails
I too am new to Live Mail and cannot get any messages to send. I am receiving fine, but when I try to send it keeps showing an error with "server does not support ssl connection" Server Error 250. I couldn't understand the instructions in successive replies to 'Gary's' question; I couldn't even find the 'Advanced settings' box he refers to - no 'Tools' tab as in OE visible David E David, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this question to a group that ...

How to avoid user closes the app
Hi, I have an application and under certain circunstances I would like to avoid user closes it. How could I control this option? Thanks, jige JIGE wrote: > Hi, > > I have an application and under certain circunstances I would like to > avoid user closes it. How could I control this option? > > Thanks, > > jige > > Handle WM_CLOSE message in you app. But if I write this: void CMyAppView::OnClose() { AfxMessageBox("I�m gonna close this window"); CScrollView::OnClose(); } and I close my app pushing the "x" but...

Users on point of sale
We have a new installation of a Point of Sale hardware/software bundle that's had all of the inventory & pads set up. The problem is that in the shuffle the manager username & password got misplaced. We're pretty sure that we know what the password is, but is there a way to get the names of all of the users created in the system? We can currently login only as one of the cashiers. If we can't get the username, is it possible to create a new database and clone the pads & inventory items from the old database? Thank you EZ one! Go to the RMS Administrator and...

Inviting other users to an appointment
When we create a new appointment in CRM, and invite other users also in crm, they don't get meeting invitiations. If we open the appointment in Outlook, we see the organizers name "First Last" and then the other users in the form "domainname\user1", and no free busy information is available. Their "Domain Logon Name", is set to "domainname\username", should it have been just "username"? Thanks, Len Ott ...

CRM 4.0 More than one user queue was found for the given object
Hi, I upgraded CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and when trying to assign an account to another user get this error: "More than one user queue was found for the given object". This is the error with deverrors turned on in web.config. In the event viewer, I get the following: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 4/14/2008 Time: 9:03:57 PM User: N/A Computer: CRMSRVR Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 4/14/2008 9:03:57 PM Event time (UTC): 4/15/2008 2:03:57 AM Eve...

Simple Access Query/Form Question
Hello all, I know this may be a stupid question but i'm a newbie to Access. Here the background on what I'm designing. I'm creating a database to track special orders for our store customers. Employees enter information about the order including customers name, contact information, item to be ordered and etc. The main form has multiple check box to note if the customer has paid, the order has been placed, arrived, when the customer was notified and when the customer picks up the item. I'm looking to create a query that checks the field to see if a specific check box is checke...

Sending on behalf of mail-enabled folder > "You do not have permission to send to this recipient"
Hi all! A customer of ours is having this problem: * There's a mail-enabled Public Folder, e.g. "Test" test@mycorp.com * User John (john@mycorp.com) has full access (including Send As) permissions on folder Test and has been granted "Send on behalf" privileges for that folder as well. He is also entered as Owner for that folder. * Upon sending a message with "Test" (or "test@mycorp.com") in the From field (e.g. to himself), John gets an NDR from the mycorp Exchange Server with the message "You do not have permission to send to this recipient...

Items in IMS Mailbox Exchange 5.5
I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 on WinNT SP6a. If I view the Private Information Store Properties and then view the Mailbox Resources tab, the Internet Mail Service mailbox has over 17,000 items. How do I view these items or clear them out? Thanks! Doug http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;183057 "Douglas P. Dobrynski" wrote: > I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 on WinNT SP6a. > > If I view the Private Information Store Properties and then view the Mailbox > Resources tab, the Internet Mail Service mailbox has over 17,000 items. How > do I view these i...

Undoing User Change
Hi I'd like to have a Change event macro that will prevent a user from changing cells O12 and in my worksheet. My rationale is that, when a user changes either or these cells, the macro will undo their change, and then display a message box telling them that they can't change the cell. The current code is as below -------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range If Target.Address = "$O$12" Or Target.Address = "$H$5" The Application.Und MsgBox "Sorry, You are not allowed change this cell!", vbOKOnly, "Permi...

Access 2007 and MDE file Question
I have a Access 2003 MDE file that links to an Access 2003 MDB file. I understood that Access 2007 is not able to work with an MDE file. This is according to Microsoft KB article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178973.aspx However, unbenknownst to me, one of my customers somehow installed Access 2007 on a machine and ran the MDE file with it. I saw it with my own eyes! The application had been working fine for years, but now all the sudden they claim it is "losing" data. First, how come it can even run the MDE file? Second, could the Fact that i...

accessing member function of a class fm other class
Hi all, I am very badly struct up at one silly problem. class CMfc_clientDlg : public CDialog { // some editbox member variables defined here public:Cstring m_v1; // m_v1,m_v2 so on..............for editbox } // class A is some class i have put that class in CMfc_clientDlg.cpp class A:class B { public : void onnewvalues(); } void A::onnewvalues() { // i want access the edit box present in dialogbox here //here i tried to set event here but in thread fn i was not able to access edit box or updatedata(false); // i should not use any timer is one condition //how do i? } Please g...

Auto reply message without user being logged on.
Can I setup a rule that auto rplies to the sender even if the user is not logged on to the network. -- Mike C yes you can. Create a rule in outlook that replies or forwards mail to a contact. with this the administrator must also allow "automatic replies" and/or "forward to Internet", this is done i the Global Settings in ESM and the recomendation is not to allow this. /Lasse Pettersson "Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D89A021-72E2-42C0-BD93-573E73568E24@microsoft.com... > Can I setup a rule that auto rplies to ...

Mac user sending Japanese characters are received as question mark
I have a Mac user using Safari to access OWA hosted on a Exchange 2003 server. He can read and type Japanese characters but when he sends a new message or a reponse to a message the Japanese characters are received as question marks. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Mac user using Safari to access OWA hosted on a Exchange 2003 >server. He can read and type Japanese characters but when he sends a new >message or a reponse to a message the Japanese characters are received as >question marks. Does any...

Mac accessing Exchange 2003 Address Book
We have a MAC which is on a workgroup and it needs to access the Exchange 2003 Address book. Basically it needs to access active directory. The MAC is not on the same domain as Exchange, but we can configure an LDAP server, which i have by entering the IP of DC, but the MAC comes back with LDAP error cannot find server. Is there anything we need to do on AD or a domain controller to allow the MAC to access AD. The MAC is running OS 10.4.8. The MAC could access the address book when we were using exchange 5.5. We added on the MAC the ldap server IP as the IP of the exchange 5.5 serv...

Re: Picture not going out in receiver inbox
"fatima daoudi" <fati.services@homail.fr> a écrit dans le message de news:... > > "pposhes" <pposhes@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de > news:0E00B147-AA5F-475C-93AF-EDDB420EC406@microsoft.com... >> Does anyone have this problem? I created an e-mail with an image, when I >> send >> the e-mail. The e-mail goes to the receiver inbox without the image or >> picture. Anyone experience this and what was your solution. Please help > ...

Email ACCESS data collecting from Mac to Win!
In a school district most teachers use Apple computers However data coordinators and administrators use Windows machines. Now I am working with an ACCESS DB and I need to collect data via e-mail messages from teachers (apple computers) to me (windows computer). Unfortunately I noticed this process works well for Windows to Windows computers but does not work for Mac to Windows! Do we have chance to set up e-mail collection for Mac to Windows? Thank you, S!mon I'm not sure if it's possible at all, but if it is, it would only work from an Internet Explorer browser....

Re: Update 1017 failed to mount
I suggest using the Microsoft Autoupdater under Help in the Menu bar. It sounds like the download was corrupt. -- Diane On 5/30/09 8:42 PM, in article 59b7598e.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kcharbel@officeformac.com" <kcharbel@officeformac.com> wrote: > Does that mean that the file is corrupted and microsoft should be notified? or > am I doing something wrong? ...

Can't import OLE object into Access without getting an error mess
The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it. am copying in stuff I saved when I ran across this problem....there is a page on this at the microsoft support area but I can't find the url: -- NTC OLE Embedding uses the registered OLE Server application for the particular file-type to store the object when you insert it. If you have different registered OLE servers on the different machines you will get different behaviour. This is one of the drawbacks of OLE Embedding (but by no means the most serious). O...

Unable to recover .PST file
Hi, Some problems are not letting me recover a .PST file that in which some errors had occoured. I ran SCANPST utility on the .PST and following is the error log that was generated. Please guide me, how to resolve this issue. ********************************************************* Microsoft (R) Inbox Repair Tool Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1995-1996. All rights reserved. **Beginning NDB recovery **Attempting to open database **Attempting to validate header ??Header NDB version mismatch (read=0023, expected=0015) **Attempting to validate AMap !!PMap page @17920: CR...

Accessing other mialboxes
I am the administrator for our domain using SBS 2003 with Exchange. I need to access other user's mailboxes while they are away and I don't want to have to go into their office everytime I need to. I am an admin/domain admin for the domain and when I try to go to File -> Open other user's folder, I get a message saying "Unable to display folder. The inbox could not be found." Is there something else I need to do on the server level? I thought I would have all access rights set. Thanks for any help! By default admins don't have permissions to open other users&#...

Add email account to existing user
Someone in my company before i was there, created a user, in SBS 2003 and said do NOT create a email address, soo all the tabs for exchange in AD are not there. Is there a way to give the user a email address now in exchange? and if so how? In Active Directory Users and Computer right-click the user and select Exchange Tasks. Choose to create a mailbox or e-mail address as you wish. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "WayneC" <WayneC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B1A85A2-857C-4668-8051-6F2C3A4...