two stations same login, one gets "you do not have permission to send to this recipient"

Exchange 2003 on server 2003, stations are running windows xp with
outlook 2003.

They are connected to a mailbox for a different login but they have
full mailbox rights.

I can send fine from one station, but the second station gets this
error.

0
kharnal (10)

On 4 Jan 2007 09:57:28 -0800, "kharnal" <kharnal@gmail.com> wrote:

>Exchange 2003 on server 2003, stations are running windows xp with
>outlook 2003.
>
>They are connected to a mailbox for a different login but they have
>full mailbox rights.
>
>I can send fine from one station, but the second station gets this
>error.

Create a new Outlook profile on the one that doesnt work.
0
adavid (8731)
1/4/2007 6:12:47 PM
Andy David {MVP} wrote:
> On 4 Jan 2007 09:57:28 -0800, "kharnal" <kharnal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Exchange 2003 on server 2003, stations are running windows xp with
> >outlook 2003.
> >
> >They are connected to a mailbox for a different login but they have
> >full mailbox rights.
> >
> >I can send fine from one station, but the second station gets this
> >error.
>

> Create a new Outlook profile on the one that doesnt work.

you mean delete the old profile and add it back again?

did that.

0
kharnal (10)

I have a user who is not able to send e-mail, she gets the following message: skeeter@aaahawk.com on 1/30/2006 9:46 AM You do not have permission t osend to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=ORG/DC=PEOPLESCU:PCCU-MAIL and another user that gets the following message: danny.castro@us.army.net on ... You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <pccu-mail.PEOPLESCU.ORG #5.7.1 smtp;530 5.7.1 Authentication required to relay.> I appreciate any ideas on thes...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

Hi Im hoping someone could help with this one. I have a customer where i set up the ability for secretary to be able to access her bosses mailbox as well as the hope to send as that user (boss). Well i followed both of these articles, MS 327000, 281208. as well as information that i found from searching other post and still the user gets the message when trying to send as the other user: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: u...@xxxxxxx.net on 11/21/2005 10:14 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system adminis...

Local Domain
We use Exchange 2003. One user in a group is having problems with Outlook 2003. When they try to send an email on behalf of the group distrubution list, they get the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=com/DC=mycompany:exchangeserver All email addresses involved are in the same domain, but no other users are having this problem. The emails are all within the same building so no spam filters are involved, nor firewalls. I have renamed the cache files .old and it didn't work. ...

NDR's You do not have permission to send to this recipient.
We recently upgraded our exchange to 2003 and we have since been having random NDR's as listed below. They are coming from domains that we can normally mail most of the day except later in the afternoon we get these NDRs. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Subject Sent: 3/31/2005 6:00 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Shultz, Ed on 3/31/2005 5:58 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.mydomain.com #5.7...

Hey there! I have a user on Exchange that has a default email address of ab@cs.bla.com. He can send and receive mail to and from that address fine. In his user account on the Windows Server, I have an additional email address set up for that user of ab@boo.com He can RECEIVE mail to that address fine... But when he tries to send a message out to any other external email address (using Outlook 2003 linked to the Exchange server) specifying ab@boo.com as the FROM address, he gets the following error message (xxx@yahoo.com changes depending on the destination email address, of course...

I administer an Exchange server 2003 in the office, the client side is POP3/IMAP4/SMTP in Outlook Express. One of my user sent an email to a recipient to another company and got the Non-delivery report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------- Your message To: Recipient A Subject: Re: Meeting with Intel Sent: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:32:44 +0800 did not reach the following recipient(s): RecipientA@abc.com on Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:33:37 +0800 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system adm...

Hi Guys, Please help me. We have a multiple exchange organization with 1 bridgehead server that has an SMTP connector to the ISP. All servers are connected to bridgehead server via Routing group connector. One of my servers is having an issue sending mail outside the organization. They get the following error message when sending outside: 'Mwafulirwa, Natasha' on 12/7/2005 4:29 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <ncgs1.nc.illovo.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for n...

Hi, I have a service account that I use AD to give rights to a user on. For example, John Doe has been given rights to ServiceAccountA via ADUC (Exchange Advanced tab). So, if we login to ServiceAccountA like a normal user all mail functionality from Outlook works great. The problem is if we add the ServiceAccountA to any other mail profile (we've tried several) all mail (even local) gets bounced. Any ideas why the mail only goes from the main account and won't work when it's added to someone else's Outlook profile even though they have all the rights necessary? ...

exchange 2003 trying to send as the email address assigned to a public folder. I have given my users group send as rights on that public folder yet continue to get this error. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=inteligro:SERVER any ideas where to look? ...

I have a user that sporadically can't send mail to random people. When the problem occurs, the user sends mail and is NDR'ed with You do not have permission to send to this recipient However, if he send the same mail 5 minutes later it will go through with no issue. I've checked the A.D. stuff for delivery restrictions and all looks fine. If I track the message in ESM that failed all I see is the following: Report generated internally Report delivered to user How do I figure out what's causing this? Thanks, Dan Where does the recipient's mailbox reside? -- Bhar...

Sending on behalf of mail-enabled folder > "You do not have permission to send to this recipient"
Hi all! A customer of ours is having this problem: * There's a mail-enabled Public Folder, e.g. "Test" test@mycorp.com * User John (john@mycorp.com) has full access (including Send As) permissions on folder Test and has been granted "Send on behalf" privileges for that folder as well. He is also entered as Owner for that folder. * Upon sending a message with "Test" (or "test@mycorp.com") in the From field (e.g. to himself), John gets an NDR from the mycorp Exchange Server with the message "You do not have permission to send to this recipient...

two stations same login, one gets "you do not have permission to send to this recipient"
Exchange 2003 on server 2003, stations are running windows xp with outlook 2003. They are connected to a mailbox for a different login but they have full mailbox rights. I can send fine from one station, but the second station gets this error. On 4 Jan 2007 09:57:28 -0800, "kharnal" <kharnal@gmail.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 on server 2003, stations are running windows xp with >outlook 2003. > >They are connected to a mailbox for a different login but they have >full mailbox rights. > >I can send fine from one station, but the second station gets this &...

Hi, from my company we could not send e-mail to one domain we get e-mail from them. My company is not blacklisted, we do not have any problem sending e-mail except this company. This is the error message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/20/2005 1:22 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxx@xxxxx.com on 2/20/2005 1:22 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <server name#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> Thanks "...

I am getting this error message when a user trys to send an email to another user outside the domain. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For Assistance, contact your system administrator. <server name> SMTP Access Temporarily Denied. IP Name lookup failed (65.x.x.x) Thanks ...

Veritas
I have two member servers on a Small Business Server 2003 network and each of these member servers has a tape drive and BackpExec 10d installed. I have a backup notification from each server e-mailed to a public folder and to my desktop outside the organization. The backup notification is getting e-mailed to the public folder, but I am getting a NDR to the administrators mailbox saying "You do not have permission to send to this recipient" On my Small Business Server where Exchange resides, I have added the internal IP address of the two servers sending notification to the S...

Exch 2003: You do not have permission to send to this recipient
Uh, I should have stated: we are getting more and more of these. Usually it's when we are sending to small firms (xyz is not the real domain nor is abc.com my real domain name). Are there any debug or logging tools that might help? Thanks > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > Subject: When Life Was Simpler > Sent: 9/28/2004 11:25 AM > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > rjohnson@xyz.com on 9/28/2004 11:28 AM > > You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, > contact your system administrator...

This is the returned message. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: mailorder@fatcity.co.uk on 9/19/2006 10:56 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail01.kingrecords.com #5.7.1 smtp;501 5.7.1 67.106.198.131 xo.net dynamic source IP detected - sender, please use your ISP's mail server> ANY IDEAS??? On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:26:01 -0700, MikeO <MikeO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This is the returned message. > >The following recipient(s) could not ...

Greetings, I have a user that has multiple mailboxes in different Outlook profiles. One of her accounts just recently started acting up. When she tries to send an e-mail from she receive the following message: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=com/DC=DOMAIN:SERVER The wierd thing is that she does not receive this DNR in the same account she is sending the e-mail to. The DNR comes in through a different account. My theory is that she is sending an e-mail out from Profile1 and the actual mess...

I have enabled a public folder to be mail enabled. got an email address, it it receiving ok. But i am trying to allow some users to send on behalf. I added the users under properties in system manager of the folder properties. But still not working and i am getting the error our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 3/30/2005 10:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxx on 3/30/2005 10:44 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. ...

I've had one particular user (Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003) who occasionally would get the "Do not have permission" error, even though others in the office could email to the same external address, and all my tests suggested there was nothing "out there" stopping him from sending email to these external recipients. It seems these messages were composed by copying and pasting from another source into Outlook, and then adding an intro and sending the message. I found today that when the clipboard contents are pasted into the new message, at the very bottom of the messag...

Hi Im hoping someone could help with this one. I have a customer where i set up the ability for secretary to be able to access her bosses mailbox as well as the hope to send as that user (boss). Well i followed both of these articles, MS 327000, 281208. as well as information that i found from searching other post and still the user gets the message when trying to send as the other user: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: u...@xxxxxxx.net on 11/21/2005 10:14 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system adminis...

Few of our Exchange users receive the following NDR (edited for privacy) at random times. Mail is being sent to other internal Exchange users. -------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: aaa Sent: 9/6/2006 8:25 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: abc defg on 9/6/2006 8:24 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=EDU/DC=bbb/DC=AD:ccc -------------- Running Exchange 2003 and clients are using Outlo...

Any idea what would generate this message? It's repeatable But seems to be limitted to mail fromone user to a particular few. FWIW I was able to send to this external SMTP recipient. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Lisa Bedard Dupee on 1/20/2005 2:24 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=pri/DC=domainname:exchangeservername Thanks, Steve From http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/tips/Trblsht_Tip01.asp: The four most common causes for these NDRs are the following: ...