Two smart hosts on Exchange 2003

How do I set up two smart hosts on a Exchange 2003? I read on
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821911 that the
syntax is [ip address;ip address], but it will not accept this syntax.
What to do??

Are you trying to configure this on the SMTP Virtual Server properties, or
are you setting up an SMTP Connector?  Have you tried entering FQDN instead
of IP?  FQDN will not require brackets surrounding it - only IP's require
that.

Also, if you are going to enter IP's, you need to change it to
[IP.IP.IP.IP];[IP.IP.IP.IP]

Each separate IP must be enclosed in brackets - this is why it won't accept
it in the format you have specified.  As to the above, make sure you are
using an SMTP connector for this.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Ulla Justesen" <UllaJustesen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I set up two smart hosts on a Exchange 2003? I read on
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821911 that the
> syntax is [ip address;ip address], but it will not accept this syntax.
> What to do??

0
Ben
12/19/2005 2:51:02 PM
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:33:01 -0800, "Ulla Justesen"
<UllaJustesen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I set up two smart hosts on a Exchange 2003? I read on
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821911 that the
>syntax is [ip address;ip address], but it will not accept this syntax.
>What to do??

How is it not accepting it?
That should work within the connector dialog box.
0
adavid (8731)
12/19/2005 2:55:56 PM
Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:33:01 -0800, "Ulla Justesen"
><UllaJustesen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>How do I set up two smart hosts on a Exchange 2003? I read on
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821911 that the
>>syntax is [ip address;ip address], but it will not accept this syntax.
>>What to do??
>

>How is it not accepting it?
>That should work within the connector dialog box.

Not with that format, but this works: [1.2.3.4];[2.3.4.5]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
<richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:33:01 -0800, "Ulla Justesen"
>><UllaJustesen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>How do I set up two smart hosts on a Exchange 2003? I read on
>>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821911 that the
>>>syntax is [ip address;ip address], but it will not accept this syntax.
>>>What to do??
>>

>>How is it not accepting it?
>>That should work within the connector dialog box.
>
>Not with that format, but this works: [1.2.3.4];[2.3.4.5]
	My mistake! Drats!

0
adavid (8731)