Two Domains - One Exchange Server permissions

Due to a company merger we have two  Active Directory forests and one
Exchange 2003 server - the problem is that I can not share a mail box or
contact list between users. I get an access denied if I try to share the mail
box with an other user. When I try and trust the two ADs I get errors on the
RPC server?

The staff logon to SYSTEM A and the mail server is on SYSTEM B - both
systems have the same staff IDs and LOGIN information.

0
B1 (229)

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9lIEI=?= <Joe B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Due to a company merger we have two  Active Directory forests and one
> Exchange 2003 server - the problem is that I can not share a mail box
> or contact list between users. I get an access denied if I try to
> share the mail box with an other user. When I try and trust the two
> ADs I get errors on the RPC server?
>
> The staff logon to SYSTEM A and the mail server is on SYSTEM B - both
> systems have the same staff IDs and LOGIN information.

I'd suggest using ADMT to move the accounts to the forest that owns the
Exchange server. This isn't really the place for RPC errors, but I'm sure
you could find some help configuring a trust.

Regards,

--
R. Arlo Clizer
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org

Mailbox delegation
 No. Because a user or group from another forest is represented as a
contact, you cannot delegate mailbox access to someone in another forest.
Contacts cannot be designated in a mailbox's access rights. Also, mailbox
delegate permissions are not preserved when you move mailboxes from one
forest to another

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/PlanE2k3MsgSys/7b55088b-60fb-41e5-a5a2-ad8ae3c3cd49.mspx?mfr=true

"Arlo Clizer" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lIEI=?= <Joe B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > Due to a company merger we have two  Active Directory forests and one
> > Exchange 2003 server - the problem is that I can not share a mail box
> > or contact list between users. I get an access denied if I try to
> > share the mail box with an other user. When I try and trust the two
> > ADs I get errors on the RPC server?
> >
> > The staff logon to SYSTEM A and the mail server is on SYSTEM B - both
> > systems have the same staff IDs and LOGIN information.
> >

> I'd suggest using ADMT to move the accounts to the forest that owns the
> Exchange server. This isn't really the place for RPC errors, but I'm sure
> you could find some help configuring a trust.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> R. Arlo Clizer
> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
> Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
JoeB366 (18)
4/11/2006 4:26:02 PM
You would need to open up your firewalls to allow the necessary RPC traffic
to form a trust. Or create a VPN connection (I'm assuming that these two
forests are in different physical locations). You could associate a mailbox
with an external account, which would the account in the other Forest.

Nue
"Joe B" <JoeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I get around this ??
>
> Mailbox delegation
> No. Because a user or group from another forest is represented as a
> contact, you cannot delegate mailbox access to someone in another forest.
> Contacts cannot be designated in a mailbox's access rights. Also, mailbox
> delegate permissions are not preserved when you move mailboxes from one
> forest to another
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/PlanE2k3MsgSys/7b55088b-60fb-41e5-a5a2-ad8ae3c3cd49.mspx?mfr=true
>
> "Arlo Clizer" wrote:
>
>> =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lIEI=?= <Joe B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>
>> > Due to a company merger we have two  Active Directory forests and one
>> > Exchange 2003 server - the problem is that I can not share a mail box
>> > or contact list between users. I get an access denied if I try to
>> > share the mail box with an other user. When I try and trust the two
>> > ADs I get errors on the RPC server?
>> >
>> > The staff logon to SYSTEM A and the mail server is on SYSTEM B - both
>> > systems have the same staff IDs and LOGIN information.
>> >

>> I'd suggest using ADMT to move the accounts to the forest that owns the
>> Exchange server. This isn't really the place for RPC errors, but I'm sure
>> you could find some help configuring a trust.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> R. Arlo Clizer
>> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
>> Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Trying to copy address book from one laptop to another
I exported a Windows CSV file from Outlook called contacts.CSV, containing all the names and addresses from the folder, "Contacts". I installed Office 2003 on the new laptop and copied across the datafile ok, but I'm having problems setting up the Address Book. I'm thinking the CSV file is not the way to transfer the address book details, in which case, how can I get the Address Book on the new laptop to work in the same way as the Address book on the old laptop? I used to be able to click Tools > Address Book and all contact details would be there. The same list as is i...

Lost message served up by exchange
Hi all, Here is an interesting one for you. We are running an Exchange 2003 (SBS) server with a user connecting to it with Outlook 2003. The user said that a mail alert was shown for an email that had been delivered. However when going to the inbox the message could not be found. We have done a search through all his folders to see if we could find the message but to no avail. Upon checking the exchange 2003 server's message tracking centre, it had recorded that a message had been sent to the user and had been delivered to their local store. Thus the email has been lost. Could anyon...

ODBC server changed
Hi I have some Excel 97 files that used to pull in data from a Unix box using an ODBC driver (U/SQL from Transoft). We have upgraded to a new server which has a different IP address and now the embedded queries have stopped working. Is there any way to change the data source in the Excel 97 file? I noticed by opening the file with a text editor that the old IP address is buried in there but I can't change it as it corrupts the file. The query was created with Data > Get External Data > Create New Query. It has not been saved as a separate MS Query file. If I do manage to edi...

Exchange System Object Container
Hi, My Exchange System Object Container has been accidently moved to a different OU in the AD. Since then there were other changes to Exchange Public Folders new Stores etc which has rcreated a new Exchange System Object Container in the. Is this going to cause any problem? thanks Simon Simon: I have never seen this happen before, but I'll bet it is NOT GOOD. :-) Exchange can sometimes be really picky on the location of objects in Active Directory (such as the Exchange Domain Servers and Exchange Enterprise Servers groups MUST be in the CN=Users container!!!!) ...

Exchange Calendar update tool = unable to find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005
When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the following message "Unable find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005". I have given my user account full permissions to each exchange store. What else could be causing this problem? alos how do i grant exchange view only admin, exchange full admin, and send as rights to my user account manullay. This script is not working for me? thanks "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in message news:%23AssN4YYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the follow...

2 cash drawers, one closing ????
We have a POS computer with 2 cash drawers, since its two cashiers that works the station at the same shift. My question is, is there a way to have 2 closing? one per cash drawer / cashiers? This sins since both cash drawers are in the same shift and both start with a petty cash. Whats the recommended way to work a shift with 2 cash drawers/cashiers and to properly square off the shift? ...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

Exchange 5.5 & W2k SP4 #2
Hi, Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 and Windows2000 server sp4. thnx Michiel Runs just fine here. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821543 MightyM wrote: > Hi, > > Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 > and Windows2000 server sp4. > > thnx > > Michiel -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

Only show one name of DL in To Field
I would like to use a distribution list and when the recipients receive the message have them only see their name in the To field and no one elses. Is this possible. Thanks Have you tried just putting the distribution list in the Bcc (blind carbon copy) field. If it isn't showing click View > Bcc field "Ann" <trotto@beckercollege.edu> wrote in message news:123e01c3c3f4$ba55fd60$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to use a distribution list and when the > recipients receive the message have them only see their > name in the To field and no one elses. Is this...

Migration Exchange
Hello. I am getting ready to migrate another domain into my domain. They have exchange and so do I (2003). They want to be able to continue receiving emails from their old email addresses and their account on my server will be their new primary eamil address. My question is this, if I add their domain names (3 all together) into my exchange server, will it populate to all of our current staff as well. I thought about using their old email addressess as an alias, but I am not clear on how to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Kathy would you be able to create Receiptant Polic...

SelfSSL for Exchange 2003 HTTP/RPC
Will using the SELFSSL utility still allow me to use Exchange 2003 RPC /HTTP? I just want to make sure that my users are not prompted to accept a certificate when they fire up their Outlook 2003 form afar - its okay to be prompted for OWA. Server certs are quite cheap now... as little as $20. Why not get one from a trusted CA? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "<<JP<<" <jp@msn.com> wrote in message news:ugM9f43KGHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Will using the SELFSSL util...

Portfolio Server
I am an admin on the entire account and it will not allow me to do so. ...

Exchange outbound mail
Hi Exchange Users, i'm new to exchange and wondering if you can help. MS Exchange is working fine but there is a minor thing with the outgoing side if things. Can i configure Exchange to sent mail to my Domain Providers SMTP Server ? (belive you can since it could be done in Exchange Server 5.5) I use POP Beamer to download from my Domain Providers POP3 server and forwards to the Exchange Server. specify your Domain Provider's SMTP server as a smart host "Steven Jones" <steven45@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:Xns9595AB1002D8Csteven45ntlworldcom@194.168.222...

error with exchange 2003
since last week, the application log is full of following message: the service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\src\lra\abv_dg\serveragent.cpp(4511) this is domain controller (win 2003 server) and exchange server (exchange 2003. the network is running with 8 local computers. i could not find any help related to this error message and i need some help with this issue. thanks Any help from http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=service%20threw%20an%20unexpected%20exception%20which%20was%20caught&safe=images&ie=ISO-8859-1&as_ugroup=microsoft.publi...

XEXCH50 issue with smtp mail incoming from an external MS server
Hi, I received a complaint that an external contact could not send mail to our exchange 5.5 SP 4 mail server, but had no problem sending to our non-MS mail servers. I have applied the patch from MS03-046, to prevent denial of service hacks with XEXCH50. When I examined the logs I found multiple entries like... The event log shows an entry MSExchangeIMC, SMTP Interface Events, ID 4153 x.x.x.x attempted to submit without using authentication. The submission was not allowed. and the SMTP log shows 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : A connection was accepted from x.x.x.x. 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : <<&l...

Two Inboxes in Outlook 2000
Something weird happened recently and as a result I now have two complete sets of folders containing calendar, contacts, inbox, etc. One set is under "Archive Folders" and the other set is under "Personal Folders". All of the desired folders (calendar, contacts, inbox, personal folders, etc.) are under "Personal Folders", but all of my incoming mail arrives in the undesired inbox under "Archive Folders". I've tried to close the Archive folder set but a message tells me I can not do that. Does anyone know how to get rid of the undesired set of fol...

Should write history for more than one HR change per day
Currently, Human Resources only allows writing a history record for one change per day per employee when the Enable Reason For Change is marked. If an employee changes departments and positions both in the same day, only one of the records will be written. It seems logical that multiple changes could happen for an employee in a day. Why not allow writing more than one history record per day? -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" but...

Exchange Certificate HowTo
I am looking for a howto on implementing Verisign Certificates into the Exchange environment. Currently all of our users have Digital ID's from Verisign to encrypt e-mail messages. We attempted to install these certificates into Outlook 2003 with no luck. When sending to user while attempting to encrypt it says that we are unable to send encrypted mail to this user even though we have his/her digital ID locally. My question involves how to get the server to recognize the certificates or how to enable exchange to see the certificates. We are using WIn2003 SBS with Exchange 2003 and on the c...

Exchange 2003 SMTP log monitor?
Is there a simple and free tool to watch the contents of the SMTP virtual servers log in real time much like the Unix tail command? I have tried some free tail implementations and none of them seem to be able to update the screen as events are written to the file. I am logging in W3C Extended format if that helps. ___________________________________________ Remove dots before at to reply direct - Jon ...

load generator against exchange 2007 virtual instance in ESX
Anyone tried Load Generator against Exchange 2007 in vmware esx environment? I understand that this isn't supported by Microsoft, but it's very important for us. In our case (similar hardware, dedicated raids for database etc), physical instance OUTPERFOMS virtual instance dramatically... *** Physical instance results**** Action Profile: MMB3 Length of a 'simulation day': 1 hour length of the simulation: 1 hour Client type: Outlook 2003 Cached mode User Count: 300 TaskName Count AverageLatency 95th percentile Latency BrowseCalendar 30874 60 256 CreateContact 1040...

Multiple ADD COLUMN in one shot?
I have a statement in a query like: ALTER TABLE EXP ADD COLUMN first_name TEXT(75); If I wanted to add 5 columns in one shot, how would I do this? Trying to save this for repeatitive execution when I remove and recreate the primary table from the DB. Putting even 2 alter table statements in a row error. Guessing because this is a "Query", singular, and not a script but wondering if this is possible. Thanks. JR To get slightly better DDL facilities, use ADO or 'ANSI mode' instead of DAO or 'Access SQL' mode. Application.CurrentConnection.Execute("my DDL&...

One primary key per table? Access 2003 newbie
I'm under the impression that there is only one primary key per table in an Access database. I've got a class project where the professor asks to create a table of music categories. He tells me what categories are used (6 total) and he then explains that "the primary key for each category should be a short code consisting of letters. Another field will be a description of the category". I am completely lost as to what the professor is expecting. Can anyone shed some insight as to what he is expecting me to create? Please no flames about me going and asking the professor...

Money 2007 Deluxe OFX import error on only one account at bank
I have multiple accounts at R1CU and have them all set up for web imports. Today, I added two additional identical-type accounts that have been existing for a month at the R1CU website. The first account, let's call #14, imported transactions just fine. The second account, #15, will not bring anything in. It won't even search for the new account on import or ask me to which account the import should post. It just gives me the "import complete" window and transfers me to my list of web-enabled accounts and their download history. There, the #15 account isn't even lis...

Download a new addressbook to server
The head of our business wants to take an entire addressbook and make it public for all users attached to the Exchange2003 server. How do I go about taking an entire users's addressbook and integrating it into the server so that it becomes a public addressbook? Will it show up in that "Addressbook Drop-Down List"in Outlook2003 so it's easier for the users to find? (I don't want to have to go to each computer and add a shared contact list) Will I be able to make contact categories? (ie: engineering, administration, finance) Once this is downloaded to the server wi...

move cursor to 4th column with one press of tab key?
i want to know how to change the setting of cursor with tab key from one column to the other, can it be set to move directly to the 5th or what ever the number of column we wish to with one hit on tab key? I'm not sure whether this will work for you, but it's a harmless play (hang around for better suggestions ..) Let's say we want to tab from A1 to F1, then hard return to A2, tab to F2, and so on In a new sheet, Hold CTRL down, select cols A and F Click Format > Cells > Protection tab > Uncheck "Locked" > OK Click Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet...