Trouble creating black hole in exchange 2003

Hello all,

I need to create a "black hole" email address on my exchange 2003
server for a program I am writing, but am having difficulties. I
researched creating a black hole address and it seemed straight forward
enough, but it is not going as planned. My exchange 2003 server is not
a DC, it is running windows server 2003, and I have a DC that is
running Win2k server.

The instructions said to create a mail enabled distribution group with
no members, and then use that email address and all emails to it will
be ignored. On my DC in AD Users and Computers I am creating a new
group but no matter what options (local, global, universal or
security/distr.) the next screen is always completely greyed out for
the ability to create an email address.

Can anyone shed a little light on this for me? I'm running out of
ideas.

Thanks!

Hi,

Is exchange system manager installed on the DC?

Try to create the distribution list from the exchange server.

Leif

Leif Pedersen [MVP] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is exchange system manager installed on the DC?
>
> Try to create the distribution list from the exchange server.
>
> Leif

Thanks for the reply Leif. No the system manager is not on the DC. I
don't believe I can create the distribution group from the Exchange
Server since it is not a DC. This is Exchange 2003 and users/groups are
created in AD users and computers, right? If there is a way for me to
create a group on the Exchange server itself, I am unaware of it and
could use some guidance.

Thanks,
Dominic

Hi,

Sure you can create a distribution group on the exchange server. On the
exchange server, select start, all programs, Microsoft Exchange and active
directory users and groups and create the group from here.

> Leif Pedersen [MVP] wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is exchange system manager installed on the DC?
>>
>> Try to create the distribution list from the exchange server.
>>
>> Leif
>
> Thanks for the reply Leif. No the system manager is not on the DC. I
> don't believe I can create the distribution group from the Exchange
> Server since it is not a DC. This is Exchange 2003 and users/groups are
> created in AD users and computers, right? If there is a way for me to
> create a group on the Exchange server itself, I am unaware of it and
> could use some guidance.
>
> Thanks,
> Dominic

exchange 5.5 #30
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 251016 I was trying to following the instructions on how to troubleshoot this issue but the Kb doesn't show you how to resolve this issue. I found all tracking logs but it doesn't show the sender information. Doesn't anyone have a idea where i can find the sender info? Thanks, Al This issue may also occur if a user from the Internet sends an e-mail message to the public folder, and in the client permissions for that folder, the Default item under Name has anything less than Contributor permissions selected under Role. In this case, the NDR...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

Winfax 10 causes an error on Exit of Outlook 2003!!
Hi all Just installed Winfax 10 and since doing so, everytime I exit Outlook 2003 I get an error "Microsoft Office Outllok has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for this inconvenience." I did view the report prepared for sending to MS and there was mention of the Winfax plugin causing the problem. Anyone know of a workaround or perhaps I need to dump Winfax! Regards John Have you checked with Symantec yet to see if they have managed to get WinFax 10 to work with Outlook 2003? It usually takes them several months to bring WinFax up to speed, if they ever ...

No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to do?
No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to=20 do?=B4Can't move mail boxes either... Move Storage group? Can you install or add another hard disk? Drives are cheap now a days. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "John B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1255501c44294$a3ce0f00$a101280a@phx.gbl... No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to do?�Can't move mail boxes either... Move Storage group? then you need to get another, larger drive and move your database/s to it ...

VC .net 2003 IDE subfolder question
I've been using VC6 for a long time, but finally switched to VC .NET 2003 ... in VC6 I was able to put subfolders within a project. But now I can only place subfolders within a SOLUTION (i.e. subfolders are "outside" of the projects). Is there some way to add a folder within the project? When I say "subfolder" I don't mean Windows directories, I mean just in the classview to visually categorize my classes within a project. My projects are pretty large and I just don't want to have to browse the huge list of classes in class view if I'm only working on a spe...

EXCEL 2003
hi Im performing Logical boolean operations using MS Excel. The only problem is that its displaying result set as "TRUE/FALSE" and I want to have the result in binary. Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? please tell me ASAP. thank "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? =--(A1>A2) returns 1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE. Similarly for =1*(A1>A2) "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Forward in outlook 2002 / 2003
Hello, I have an e-mail which contains a form. This e-mail must be forwarded to a lot of recipients. I've tested some mail readers, without any problem. But, in MS Outlook 2002 / 2003, when I try to forward the message, the html code changes, converting my <form action='http://xxx' name='f'> into <form>. What I mean is that I lose the essential parameters to send the form. Of course, when I recieve the e-mail forwarded by outlook 2002/2003, and I try to submit the form, it can't be able to send the data, because it have no information about where and how ha...

create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function
Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table result in a formula and copy that formula as a relative reference. In Excel 2003 a GETPIVOTDATA fromula is created and uses an absolute reference. Is there a way in Excel 2003 to either make it arelative reference (without editing the formula) or revert to the method used in all prior releases? There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html ebergkes wrote: > Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table resu...

SBS 2k and Exchange 2k Help
Hi All I'm having a problem with Exhange 2000. I support an office of about 5 people, and they are running SBS2000 with Exchange 2000, during the past couple of days they haven't been able to send/receive e-mail, and they haven't been able to browse the internet. I initially thought the server was being used for Relaying, however the queues are not very high (about 14 e-mails) and the Telnet tests suggest it can't be used for relaying. When I got there last night the server was fine and after a quick re-boot I sent numerous e-mails to my home account which I received, and I...

how to create escalation form
How do I create escalation form. Abe wrote: > How do I create escalation form. Since you're the only one here who knows what you're escalating, to whom, in what way and for what reason, you are the only one who can tell what the form should look like. In general, you should create a Word template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm If the form needs to have text that doesn't change, and places to enter text that does change, then you should create it as a form template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.h...

Word as Editor in OL 2003
I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. Never mind. "hank" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:OlbM9zNvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a > setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. > Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. > > ...

Single Singn on to Exchange Mail Boxes
Hello, My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange server for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies, where the users are to change their domain password every 60 days. In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM to access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with most of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the ...

cached exchange mode enabled, not receiving email
have found several posts about Outlook not receiving messages when cached Exchange mode is enabled, none of them have solutions. I guess it's not a popular topic. However, I have a user with a laptop who cannot receive email with CEM enabled. As soon as it is disabled, and Outlook is restarted, it works fine. I've seen this before, but on a desktop, so I just disabled CEM. With this being a roaming laptop, I can't opt for the easy out. Does anyone have an answer for this? In news:1144771101.358073.182520@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, carlh@ccsweb.net <carlh@ccsweb....

Exchange web site appear Error in the IIS
Hi i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll up patched is installed on it when i checked the IIS that mornning i had found out that the exchange website folder appear in read Icon with error word so did any body know why its like so and how can i solve it Any support is appreciated Thanks Maged N. Roshdy On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:51:08 -0800, Maged N. Roshdy <MagedNRoshdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll >up patched is installed on it > >when...

Creating Forms
I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? On 26 Mar 2007 10:16:47 -0700, stromo wrote: > I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to > use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message...

view exchange email at home
Outlook 2003 is running in cache mode but when away from the office I can't login with my office profile (not connected to the server). How can I view my email when away from the office? Where is Outlook/Exchange storing my mail on my computer? Outlook/Exchange has a function where you can download your mails int your laptop (I assume you are using a laptop)... It's called offlin something... I have vague memory of the name :p You need to activat it when you are in the office. The other way (which I personally prefer) is Outlook Web Access. Th interface is very similar to t...

hyperlink troubles
how can you programatically move hyperlinks keeping the relative references, so that the hyperlink is recreated when it is moved. I have tried using the copy and paste hyperlink but this doesn't alter the link for the change in location when the workbook is in a different directory to the intial workbook that it is copied from. Thanks Does this mean you want to point at the new workbook? If yes, then I'd use the =hyperlink() worksheet function: David McRitchie posted this and it might help you: =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =H...

Exchange 2003 All Address Lists
In Exchange 2003, under System Manager | Recipients | All Address Lists, I do not want users in Outlook to able to see the default address lists: All Contacts, All Groups, All Users, Public Folders. I would rather create my own Address Lists which contain specific grouping of users. What is the best way to go about this? For example, should I delete the default address lists, and create my own? Yes you can do that. When you say "Groups", let's clarify something. You cannot filter them based on AD domain group membership. You must use an LDAP filter to identify groups...

2003 Ntbackup and Exchange 5.5
Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? Thanks in advance. You need to install the Exchange 5.5 admin program on the Win2003 box. This wouldn't be a supported config E55/Win2K3. "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote in message news:1148396571.906986.74070@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > > Thanks in advance. > On 23 May 2006 08:02:52 -0700, "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote: >Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > >Thanks in advance. Possibly not supported. The 5.5 admin is not...

Administrating an Upgraded Exchange 2003 Server..
This is really a preliminary enquiry... I have to perform an "in-place upgrade" of an existing Exchange 2000 Standard server, this is to take advantage of the max 75GB database size limit offered by Exchange 2003 Server SP2. I have performed a lab upgrade of a test 2000 Exchange Server and it worked perfectly, very straightforward it was too! My problem is that a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) communicates with the existing Exchange 2000 box and the BES box has Exchange 2000 Server Manager installed and working on it. The Blackberry people have posed the question ...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

Office 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am unable to view my received email messages in the Reading Pane; there is nothing in the pane but “from, to, and the subject”. The reader is blank where the message should be. I know that there is a button somewhere that I need to push. Can someone help me? ...

OE to Outlook 2003
Hi everyone! I don't need newsgroups anymore...so....I am changing from using OE to Outlook. After importing all of my personal folders, etc. from OE I want to get rid of OE Identities that are taking up over 5GB of space on my drive. How do I do this? Can I just delete them or is there a process that I need to follow so I don't destroy XP or other apps? -- drumfreak One you've got everything in Outlook that you wanted, then you can remove your account configuration from OE via Tools-> Accounts... Any remaining data files from OE (like dbx-files) can then be dele...

How to Create a Grid using CEditView
Hello There, I have an MDI Application. one of the view need to be Editable that should display the contents in a grid format. The Grid should be editable and should also be a scrollable. how to do it. Plz Reply Me Fast Hi Sreeram, I had sent you a msg at codeguru.com informing you that i've made a sample for you. I think that you havent read that msg. yet. I'll send it to you now. Regards, V.Girish ...

how to create referential integrity between two tables in diff dat
How can we create referential integrity relationship between tables in different databases. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. How to create integrity relationship between Empid of two tables in diff databases. Hi Ajay You cannot create DRI between databases, I mean create PK/FK... However , you can simple join the tables between databases like SELECT <columns> FROM db1.tb1 T1 JOIN db2.tb1 T2 ON T1.col=T2.col WHERE.... "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> w...