Trigger Exchange query AD for mailbox quota changes?

Any tools to trigger exchange server check with AD immediately for a recent change in user mailbox quotas
Becox when i changed users mailbox quota (ofcox they have over the limit) it takes half day to reflect the changes. Pushy user always want it take effect immediately

0
anonymous (74722)

I feel your pain. Restarting the store seems to be the only way to
make it happen quickly.

On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:21:01 -0700, Michael Chan

>Any tools to trigger exchange server check with AD immediately for a recent change in user mailbox quotas?
>Becox when i changed users mailbox quota (ofcox they have over the limit) it takes half day to reflect the changes. Pushy user always want it take effect immediately.

0
adavid (8731)
5/5/2004 3:06:48 AM
Different versions recognize the change at different intervals. Which
version of Exchange are you on? The store in Exchange 5.5 may take up to 2
hours to re-read the change from the directory, and Exchange 2000/2003 may
take 15-20 minutes. Restarting the store will indeed cause an instant
re-read.

Then after the store has recognized the changes, the user has to logoff the
mailbox (exit Outlook) and then log back in again for the quota to take
effect.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: Andy David - Exchange MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>Subject: Re: Trigger Exchange query AD for mailbox quota changes?
>Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 03:06:48 GMT
>
>I feel your pain. Restarting the store seems to be the only way to
>make it happen quickly.
>

>On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:21:01 -0700, Michael Chan
>
>>Any tools to trigger exchange server check with AD immediately for a
recent change in user mailbox quotas?
>>Becox when i changed users mailbox quota (ofcox they have over the limit)
it takes half day to reflect the changes. Pushy user always want it take
effect immediately.

0
rroddy (682)
5/6/2004 12:08:59 PM
Its running on W2k3 with E2k3, however, the dc at site are w2k based (as GC as well). It sounds that 15mins to 20 mins are reasonable however, I found that it takes longer then i expect. (half day always). Client are using outlook2000, are this combination does matter?

Any handful tools to verify the effective quota at the moment? Basicially prohibiting user send mail is the key point I want to get rid of

     ----- Richard Roddy [MSFT] wrote: ----

     Different versions recognize the change at different intervals. Which
     version of Exchange are you on? The store in Exchange 5.5 may take up to 2
     hours to re-read the change from the directory, and Exchange 2000/2003 may
     take 15-20 minutes. Restarting the store will indeed cause an instant
     re-read

     Then after the store has recognized the changes, the user has to logoff the
     mailbox (exit Outlook) and then log back in again for the quota to take
     effect

     Thanks
     Richard Rodd
     Microsoft Exchange Suppor

     -------------------
     >From: Andy David - Exchange MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admi
     >Subject: Re: Trigger Exchange query AD for mailbox quota changes
     >Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 03:06:48 GM
     >>I feel your pain. Restarting the store seems to be the only way t
     >make it happen quickly
     ><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
     >>>Any tools to trigger exchange server check with AD immediately for a
     recent change in user mailbox quotas
     >>Becox when i changed users mailbox quota (ofcox they have over the limit)
     it takes half day to reflect the changes. Pushy user always want it take
     effect immediately

0
anonymous (74722)
5/7/2004 2:36:02 PM
Oh were it so! I have personally seen it ( E2003/Server 2003)take more
than few hours before the change sticks! :)

On Thu, 06 May 2004 12:08:59 GMT, rroddy@online.microsoft.com (Richard
Roddy [MSFT]) wrote:

>Different versions recognize the change at different intervals. Which
>version of Exchange are you on? The store in Exchange 5.5 may take up to 2
>hours to re-read the change from the directory, and Exchange 2000/2003 may
>take 15-20 minutes. Restarting the store will indeed cause an instant
>re-read.
>
>Then after the store has recognized the changes, the user has to logoff the
>mailbox (exit Outlook) and then log back in again for the quota to take
>effect.
>
>Thanks,
>Richard Roddy
>Microsoft Exchange Support

>--------------------
>>From: Andy David - Exchange MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com>
>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>>Subject: Re: Trigger Exchange query AD for mailbox quota changes?
>>Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 03:06:48 GMT
>>
>>I feel your pain. Restarting the store seems to be the only way to
>>make it happen quickly.
>>

>>On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:21:01 -0700, Michael Chan
>><anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Any tools to trigger exchange server check with AD immediately for a
>recent change in user mailbox quotas?
>>>Becox when i changed users mailbox quota (ofcox they have over the limit)
>it takes half day to reflect the changes. Pushy user always want it take
>effect immediately.

0
adavid (8731)
5/7/2004 11:08:56 PM
yea..i think its quite common ....any method to solve it?

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:lo5o909gqimvrrms65sru6vu9hdtdd3e8e@4ax.com...
> Oh were it so! I have personally seen it ( E2003/Server 2003)take more
> than few hours before the change sticks! :)
>

> On Thu, 06 May 2004 12:08:59 GMT, rroddy@online.microsoft.com (Richard
> Roddy [MSFT]) wrote:
>
> >Different versions recognize the change at different intervals. Which
> >version of Exchange are you on? The store in Exchange 5.5 may take up to
2
> >hours to re-read the change from the directory, and Exchange 2000/2003
may
> >take 15-20 minutes. Restarting the store will indeed cause an instant
> >re-read.
> >
> >Then after the store has recognized the changes, the user has to logoff
the
> >mailbox (exit Outlook) and then log back in again for the quota to take
> >effect.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Richard Roddy
> >Microsoft Exchange Support
> >
> >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

> >--------------------
> >>From: Andy David - Exchange MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com>
> >>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
> >>Subject: Re: Trigger Exchange query AD for mailbox quota changes?
> >>Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 03:06:48 GMT
>
>ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!newsfeed.wirehub.nl!news2.euro.net!news.cambrium
..

>nl!news.cambrium.nl!border1.nntp.ash.giganews.com!border2.nntp.ash.giganews
..

>com!nntp.giganews.com!elnk-atl-nf1!newsfeed.earthlink.net!cyclone.tampabay.
>
>r.com!news-post.tampabay.rr.com!twister.southeast.rr.com.POSTED!53ab2750!no
> >-for-mail
> >>
> >>I feel your pain. Restarting the store seems to be the only way to
> >>make it happen quickly.

> >recent change in user mailbox quotas?
> >it takes half day to reflect the changes. Pushy user always want it take
> >effect immediately.

0
laikwong (3)
5/10/2004 9:32:40 PM
Well, there was a fix in E2000, hopefully the same thing will be fixed
in E2003. As an aside, I have found that message size restriction
changes work as expected, i.e. I make the change and 15 minutes it
sticks. Otherwise, the only way I have been able to consistently make
the send limits changing thing work is to restart the store :(

On Mon, 10 May 2004 17:32:40 -0400, "Michael" <laikwong@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>yea..i think its quite common ....any method to solve it?
>

>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>message news:lo5o909gqimvrrms65sru6vu9hdtdd3e8e@4ax.com...
>> Oh were it so! I have personally seen it ( E2003/Server 2003)take more
>> than few hours before the change sticks! :)
>>

>> On Thu, 06 May 2004 12:08:59 GMT, rroddy@online.microsoft.com (Richard
>> Roddy [MSFT]) wrote:
>>
>> >Different versions recognize the change at different intervals. Which
>> >version of Exchange are you on? The store in Exchange 5.5 may take up to
>2
>> >hours to re-read the change from the directory, and Exchange 2000/2003
>may
>> >take 15-20 minutes. Restarting the store will indeed cause an instant
>> >re-read.
>> >
>> >Then after the store has recognized the changes, the user has to logoff
>the
>> >mailbox (exit Outlook) and then log back in again for the quota to take
>> >effect.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Richard Roddy
>> >Microsoft Exchange Support
>> >
>> >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>rights.
>> >
>> >--------------------
>>
>>ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!newsfeed.wirehub.nl!news2.euro.net!news.cambrium
>.
>>
>>nl!news.cambrium.nl!border1.nntp.ash.giganews.com!border2.nntp.ash.giganews
>.
>>
>>com!nntp.giganews.com!elnk-atl-nf1!newsfeed.earthlink.net!cyclone.tampabay.
>>
>>r.com!news-post.tampabay.rr.com!twister.southeast.rr.com.POSTED!53ab2750!no
>> >-for-mail

>> >recent change in user mailbox quotas?
>limit)
>> >it takes half day to reflect the changes. Pushy user always want it take
>> >effect immediately.

0
adavid (8731)

2 Locations (exchange mode)
SBS2k3, Exchange 2k3, Outook2k3 I am in HQ, using exchange2003, only SMTP service open, POP3 stop. I'd like branch office accessing Exchange 2003 by exchange mode also, not POP3. Can I setup a VPN line and run the above module over the VPN line? Thanks for answering Yes you can. Another option would be to use RPC over HTTP(s) this would mean you do not need a VPN connection. Nue "Smith" <Smith@Micro> wrote in message news:%23vKHe$1mGHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > SBS2k3, Exchange 2k3, Outook2k3 > > I am in HQ, using exchange2003, only SMTP service open, ...

Change the file name in Macro
I created Macro that open several workbooks (actually 17 of them) at the same time like this; Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\01 - Feb09 CFW.xls" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\11 - Feb09 CFW.xls" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\21 - Feb09 CFW.xls" It works fine till I have to use it for the following month. I have to go back to my Macro and change manually the directory from 02-09 to 03-09 and file name from Feb09 to Mar0...

2007 excel autofilter change back to 2003 autofilter?
Is it possible to change the 2007 autofilter back to like the 2003 autofilter worked? I see you have a response to one of your other posts -- in a different forum. jonnybrovo815 wrote: > > Is it possible to change the 2007 autofilter back to like the 2003 autofilter > worked? -- Dave Peterson ...

Outlook 2007 ignoring "don't save changes" in calendar
HI, I have a strange problem with Outlook 2007 and am hoping someone can assist. It goes something like this: - I create a meeting request for 3pm today (the time doesn't matter) and send it to someone. - I then open up that appointment/meeting in my calendar and change the time to 5pm. - Before saving or sending the update I decide that I actually don't want to change the time of the meeting. - I press the X button to close the window and I'm asked whether I want to save the changes and send an update, or don't save changes. - I click don't save changes...

Change Business unit for Team
Is there a way to move a team from one Business unit to another? I can't find one. Ketil You can set the parent business unit of a team by using the SetParent method http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/crmsdk/htm/bizteamsetparentmethod.asp there are examples for C# too I hope this helps Andreas Donaubauer [MVP f�r CRM] MCP since 1999, MCSE, MCSA andreas[at]donaubauer.com http://www.crmfaq.de "Ketil Samuelsen" <ketilsam@frisurf.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5cdab81a.0501250110.3daad9fd@posting.google.com... > Is there a way to move a team from one Business...

Changing file in all upper case to upper and lower case
I have a file of names and addresses that were entered in all upper case. Is there a fast way to change this file into upper and lower case? Thanks for any help you can give me. -- S Jan http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Sagit" <Sagit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99B059C4-F5D8-4DD4-BABC-A16AFA3AA6D1@microsoft.com... >I have a file of names and addresses that were entered in all upper case. >Is > there a fast way to change this file into upper and lower case? Thanks &g...

Formula to sum in columns that change weekly
I enter a column of data weekly into a spread sheet and then total each row for the last 4,8& 12 weeks. As the column numbers to be added change weekly I have to change the formula weekly. Is there a way to do this automatically? Assuming no blanks, this will total the last 4, 8 and 12 weeks in row 2: =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,0,COUNTA($2:$2)-4,1,4) =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,0,COUNTA($2:$2)-8,1,8) =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,0,COUNTA($2:$2)-12,1,12) In article <lf%Lb.3326$Z%4.1704@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>, "Robert L. Salisbury" <rlsalisbury@c-air-s.com> wrote: > I e...

Unable to logon to mailbox as administrator even after granting service account access
The reason I'm trying to do this is because I want to use EXMERGE to extract some mail. After reviewing the EXMERGE.LOG file, I notice that it must be permissions related so I went through the process of granting the Administrator account service access at the organizational level as well as removing explicit deny to Send As and Receive As to other groups this account is part of. I've even set explicit permissions on the Mailbox store. If I try to access the mailboxes via OWA I gut the logon prompt and after 3 attempts get an "Unauthorized" message; consistent with the EXM...

Excel printing query
How do you print an excel worksheet with row numbers? <File> <PageSetUp> <Sheet> tab, And *check* "Row & Column Headings". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:808D8884-3E22-4018-90EC-932C90EC8570@microsoft.com... > How do you print an excel worksheet with row numbers? File | ...

Can't enter data in query datasheet
I have a query (involving multiple tables) that I want to execute and then use to enter/change data via the datasheet which results from the query. On most queries, I am able to do that. One this one, I can't. What is the criteria for determining what queries will allow data entry and which queries won't? What do I have to do to this query to allow data entry? SELECT [4GateMeetingTimes].Time, ActivityTbl.Activity_ActivityKey, ActivityTbl.Activity_Deployment, ActivityTbl.Activity_Name, ActivityTbl.Activity_Status, ActivityTbl.Activity_Type, ActivityTbl.Activity_Pl...

How to Run query based on txtbox value that is part of control source
Hi guys I've created form using wizard. Later on i created listbox where I want to show data based on my quiery SELECT EmpEquipmentSkills.EmpNum, EquipmentTraining.Equipment, EmpEquipmentSkills.Status FROM EquipmentTraining INNER JOIN EmpEquipmentSkills ON EquipmentTraining. EqNo = EmpEquipmentSkills.EqNo WHERE (((EmpEquipmentSkills.EmpNum)=[Forms]![Employee1]![txtEmpNum]) AND ( (EmpEquipmentSkills.Status)="x")); That is assigned to row source table/query type And in VBA I have added Event : Private Sub txtEmpNum_AfterUpdate() List20.Requery End Sub But when I start for...

how do i change the default directory in Outlook?
I do not use the My Documents Directory. The bulk of the files I save are kept on a server drive which is backed up daily. I wish Outlook to default to this server directory when I am saving. Outlook 2003. Jeff Bryenton <Jeff Bryenton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I do not use the My Documents Directory. The bulk of the files I save > are kept on a server drive which is backed up daily. I wish Outlook > to default to this server directory when I am saving. Outlook 2003. One way is to change the definition of "My Documents" so that it points to the server. A...

OWA2003 "Change Password" button problems?
The following link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823175 describes how to change the urlscan.ini file to allow things to pass through unaffected. However now that I've got the "Change Password" button to appear, I get a "file not found" error when I click on it. I've used their ..ini file with a few modifications (to loosen it for my environment). I think I understand that because I run Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2000, that I have to allow .htr files. I've done this but it still doesn't work. It says in one unqualified s...

How to ensure recipient can't change message
Is there a setting I can put on a message I send so that the recipient is prevented from changing any of the content, including attachments? Would this apply even when the recipient forwards the message? Use F1 help to read up on the topic of message sensitivity. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Hall asked: | Is there a setting I can put on a message I send so that the | reci...

can i change plot area colors for different date ranges
if i want to shade the plot area of a chart diferent colors, for example gray from Jan 1 through Fed 17, then white until March 10, is that possible? Will want to change the shadinging preiodically and fairly frequently. Thank you Hi, You should be able to use the technique explained on Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredVerticalBand.html Cheers Andy steve wrote: > if i want to shade the plot area of a chart diferent colors, for example gray > from Jan 1 through Fed 17, then white until March 10, is that possible? Will > want to change the shadinging pr...

Exchange 5.5 #17
Hi, i have one site with four exchange servers 5.5. Two of them are on NT4 and the other two are on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Just one server is sending mail to other domains. Is there anyone that could help-me to track the problem? ...

Forumla to change values on situation
Hi all, I have a table of items with "value" "vat" and "total" Columns. I would like to write a formulae to say When value is less than 140.5 then change value to 85.5, vat to 14.96, total to 100.46 Else no change. so im guessings its something like: X=1 If AX<140.5 then AX=85.5, BX=14.96, CX=100.46 Else AX=AX,BX=BX,CX=CX Increment x Or i could just copy and paste the If Then statment down all the columns and forget the increment. Hopefully you will see what im trying to do. Thanks in advance, any help is much appretiated as always. Ernest Lai...

Column Heading Query
I am using Outlook 2003. I have created an extra folder to move sent items into. There is no 'To' column displayed. I have been able to create a 'To' column. But, the 'To' address of each entry is not displayed in this column. How do I achieve this objective? TIA "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:h9bkks$kfh$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... >I am using Outlook 2003. > I have created an extra folder to move sent items into. > There is no 'To' column displayed. > I have been able to create a 'To' column. > But,...

Adding a button to a spreadsheet that runs a macro
I would like to add a button to a spreadsheet that runs a macro. I have completely forgotten how...brain dead!!! I'm up in the arctic circle without any reference books and "Help" isn't doing it for me. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Doc, Add a button from the Forms menu (View -> Toolbars -> Forms) If it doesn't automatically pop up the dialog Right click the button and choose Assign Macro. Dan E "doc" <do...

Change Status by Worklfow not working!
I had a simple workflow to change account's status to active. The workflow is an "On demend" one. The workflow is running succeeded. The line in workflow isfor change record status is done. But the inactive account is not changed to active!!! No error found at all. The same workflow is working at another CRM installation(with rollupdate 2). The one has porblem is on rollupdate 4. Any help is great. Thanks -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ ...

Tax free exchange of stock shares
On nov 12 2006 McDonals (MCD) corp offered a tax free exchange for Chipotle (CMGB) shares using a ratio of .8879 shares of CMGB for each share of MCD exchanged with fractions remaining being convereted into cash (Cash-In-Lieu). If I traded a portion of the shares of MCD I own, how would I proceed in Money 2006 to record the transaction? Spin-off does not seem to fit the build as CMGB already exists as a stock. In microsoft.public.money, Wade wrote: >On nov 12 2006 McDonals (MCD) corp offered a tax free exchange for Chipotle >(CMGB) shares using a ratio of .8879 shares of CMGB f...

change build of myClassLib to Release instead of Debug?
I created a class library (dll) in "Active Debug" mode. After testing it out and seeing it works correctly I went to the Properties page of my Project to the Build section and changed the configuration to "Release" from "Active Debug". The Output Path says "bin\Release\" But when I click on Build myClassLib -- it is still building it in bin\Debug. How do I change this to bin\Release\? Thanks Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Rich P wrote: > I created a class library (dll) in "Active Debug"...

Time log adding time from separate sheets
I have a time log I am keeping on separate clients however, I would like to create a sheet that adds up time from each client sheet. How do I pull time from sheet 1 and time from sheet 2 to create total time on sheet 3? -- teastman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ teastman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30030 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497161 Try something like ='Sheet1'!A1 + 'Sheet2'!A1 or =SUM('FirstSheet':'LastSheet'!A1) --...

Mailbox Manager not processing mailboxes
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C635FE.83D69000 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm new to exchange 2003 and have a silly question. Once a week, I receive an email from the system with the following: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing = mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-18 00:10:29 Completed at: 2006-02-18 00:10:30 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB I...

Outlook XP and 200 Clients talk to Exchange 2003
Can Outlook XP/2000 clients who are using MAPI communicate with an Exchange Server 2003 installation or do the clients need to be Outlook 2003 also They will work fine. Outlook 2003 offers some additional capabilities with Exchange 2003 but other versions will work fine. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Kevin Wilson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A51109B-F0D9-4398-A5C0-82F8DDE491D9@microsoft.com... > Can Outlook XP/2000 clients who are using MAPI communicate with an Exchange Server 2003 insta...