Transfering to new EXCH Server.

We are trying to transfer to a new Exchange 2003 server so we can
reformat the old machine.  Mailbox transfers are complete and the new
box is hooked up internally and to our outgoing IP.  I am able to
receive mail from outside the network, but all outgoing mail is stuck
in the queue.  I have set the Virtual Smtp server to all unassigned,
and I have nothing in routing.  Im not very familiar with these
settings.  Is the problem the old exchange server?  Is there a way to
remove it without uninstalling exchange from the old machine?  My non
deliverables come back with this error message.

      A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to
bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.
Contact your administrator.

Any help would be appreciated, please ask if you need more info, as you
can tell exchange is not my speciality.

Thanks.

0
lankard (6)

On 17 Apr 2006 10:41:54 -0700, "Mathew  Lankard" <lankard@gmail.com>
wrote:

>We are trying to transfer to a new Exchange 2003 server so we can
>reformat the old machine.  Mailbox transfers are complete and the new
>box is hooked up internally and to our outgoing IP.  I am able to
>receive mail from outside the network, but all outgoing mail is stuck
>in the queue.  I have set the Virtual Smtp server to all unassigned,
>and I have nothing in routing.  Im not very familiar with these
>settings.  Is the problem the old exchange server?  Is there a way to
>remove it without uninstalling exchange from the old machine?  My non
>deliverables come back with this error message.
>
>      A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to
>bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.
>Contact your administrator.
>
>Any help would be appreciated, please ask if you need more info, as you
>can tell exchange is not my speciality.
>
>Thanks.

On the properties of the SMTP Virtual Server, do you have an address
or IP in the "Smarthost" box?
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/17/2006 6:14:30 PM
I have DNS selected.

0
lankard (6)
4/17/2006 6:19:47 PM
What do you mean you have DNS selected?

"Mathew Lankard" <lankard@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have DNS selected.

0
nick5968 (262)
4/17/2006 6:48:15 PM
On 17 Apr 2006 11:19:47 -0700, "Mathew  Lankard" <lankard@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I have DNS selected.

On both servers?
If you're routing via DNS then all messages should be dispatched
outbound without a problem.
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/17/2006 6:52:33 PM
Sorry I was thinking of the SMTP connector.  RIght now the internal IP
is selcted under the virtual server, but I have tried combinations of
that and the external IP.

0
lankard (6)

Branch Transfers
Hi Does anyone use inter-branch transfers? I am looking for the 1st branch to be able to initiate the transfer and the 2nd branch to be able to recieve it, also I want to be able to see in HO what transfers are pending etc. Can anyone explain the easiest way to do this Thanks in RMS-speak, that is an inter store transfer. There are options in HQ that determine if matching transfers are automatically sent to the receiving store. Once those options are selected: Store 1 creates a transfer OUT Select "Inter Store" as the transfer type select the receiving store (Store 2) save...

MsExchange 2003 Server problems
Please anyone help me out i'm in a jam.. I installed a server running Windows 2003 server and ontop of that Exchange 2003 server.. I did the automatic updates and I installed Trend Server protect and Trend Scanmail for Exchange... I moved users from Exchange2000 to the new box fine.... All of a sudden now the machine restarts itself atleast once a day and the errors I get in the eventlog are Error initializing session for virtual machine FIJI. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. Then when i restart the box, all the stores mount fine but the actu...

Exch 2003: Do I need an SMTP Connector?
Hi all I am currently in the pre-deployment stages of migrating one of my 5.5 Sites to 2003 but have a quick question or two. *Background: I have 4 connected 5.5 sites, only 1 has an SMTP connector and this does all Internet SMTP mail transfers for all 4 sites. This 5.5 site is getting a 2003 server added to it and will slowly be decommissioned once the site connector is replaced with a routing group connector and mailboxes are moved etc... I will also remove the Internet Mail Service (connector) from this server at some point. On to the questions, do I still need to add an Exchange 2003 SMTP...

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Hi, I setup CRM Router on Exchange 2007 server. We are using email forwarding rule for incoming email. For all users and CRM mailbox I am getting this error when I am running test after “Load Data”: Name: CRMSystemMailbox-CRMRouter Incoming Status: Failure - The remote Microsoft Exchange e-mail server returned the error "(401) Unauthorized". Verify that you have permission to connect to the mailbox. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. What I'm doing wrong? Thanks! This may not apply but it worked for me with Exchange 2003. I had the same error unt...

transfer inbox
I have a new computer with Outlook Express 6. I would like to transfer the contents from inbox of OE5 on my old computer. (I can alrady here the experts laughing as this one is probaly so easy) ...

scatter plot in new version of Excel
I used to make scatter plots where my first data column would be my y axis and the second data column would be my x axis. I would make them and they would be sideways. Then I would go into view source data or something and manually type in the column letters I wanted for x and y. Now I tried the same thing and got the same sideways graph. I tried the button that said switch x and y, but that made a disaster where each point had its own data series. I tried to edit the source data, but somehow Excel kept switching it back every time I typed anything or just put in new random letters...

Frontend Server
Any ideas or best practices for setting up a Frontend Server in Exchange 2003 SP2? Just fishing to hear what other people have to say. Thanks here is front end back end topology guide http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E64666FC-42B7-48A1-AB85-3C8327D77B70&displaylang=en and exch 2003 client access guide http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123645(EXCHG.65).aspx -- Dhruv Raj "Nik" wrote: > Any ideas or best practices for setting up a Frontend Server in Exchange > 2003 SP2? > Just fishing to hear what other peop...

More than One Exchange Server
Is it possible to access two separate exchange e-mail accounts using one Outlook 2003 client? I use a hosted exchange solution for my personal e-mail and of course my work uses its own exchange server. I want to be able to access both using the same client. Is this possible Thanks. No, not within the same profile. You can only connect to one Exchange server at a time. If available you should connect to the other Exchange server by IMAP instead. Otherwise you'll have to create a separate profile; Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook....

Unique Identification of a database server
Hi All, I'm looking for a unique identification of my MS SSQLServer 2008 R2. The DB_ID() is not enough, because I would like to have a unique number/Id/GUID/MACAddress or similar of my SQLServer. This Id must be unique for each installation. Is such a number available? (In sybase it was @@nodeid) Thanks Marcel schaf (dlocke@mysunrise.ch) writes: > I'm looking for a unique identification of my MS SSQLServer 2008 R2. > The DB_ID() is not enough, because I would like to have a unique > number/Id/GUID/MACAddress or similar of my SQLServer. This Id must be > uni...

Create new picture (company logo)
I am trying to copy our company logo and place it in a modified report in Great Plains Enterprise Report Writer. What I did is go Tools > Customize > Report Writer. Then Choose Picture from the Resources menu to bring up the Picture Definition window. My problem is when I copy a picture and paste in the Clipboard, nothing appears on the Clipboard. Does the picture or object had to be in a specific file format? Thanks Quintin Don't know about ver 8.0 but for previous versions, it is recommended that you use a .bmp file. Please note that you have to copy and paste the ACTUAL ...

Terminal server support
I got a notice from Microsoft support that explained that CRM 3.0 is not supported in a Terminal Server enviroment when roaming profiles is used. (And there is no plans that it will be) Has anyone succesfully deployed the "Microsoft CRM Desktop Client" in a multi TS enviroment using roaming profiles? If so, How? Regards Jakob Hi Jakob, I have sucessfully installed in a TS environment and it has worked fine for many months without issue, but that wasn't using roaming profiles. I installed on the server from the client disk while logged in as the required user. This...

New install of IE8 makes my disk light flash 12-19-09
I usually use Firefox but I recently installed IE8. If I launch IE8 then my hard disk starts to do a lot of work all the time while it is launched (even if I don't browse anything). When I close IE8 the disk activity stops. I hope IE8 isn't trying to index its way through my disk data because I've got 500 GB! Could IE8 be downloading a lot of special data to identify dangerous web sites like Chrome does? I can't see any data being downloaded but maybe IE8 is doing a hidden download or something. What is happening? How can I stop it? Are you running W...

PivotTable Filter Automaticly adds new data
Hi, I have a strange problem. MS Excel 2003 pivot table linked to SSAS 2005 Cube. One of the dimensions let's say Customer is filtered on the pivot table. 5 from total of 100 Customers are selected in filter. Next day assume 2 new customers added to customer dimension and when the pivot refreshed those 2 new customers are automaticly added to filter and the result is 7 customers selected out of 102 total. Do you know any ways to prevent this and keeping the only original filter without adding new records? Thanks in advance erdal On Mar 20, 12:45=A0pm, "erdal akbulut&q...

Access and Team Foundation Server
I have an Access application (adp) that is under source control at work using TFS (Team Foundation Server). When I check-out the application I can use it in any way I want (to modify it). However, I need to bring the .adp file at home to study the code on my free time. I managed to duplicate the SQL Server database it's connected to. But when I try opening the adp file at home, I get the "lock" icon next to all my access objects (forms, modules, etc). I'm no expert in TFS but we use it at work to manage our Access applications with the rest of the team. How can...

Install DPM 2007 in a 2 server setup
I need to install the dpm server using an external sql server. the sql server instance is available using the name of the server (it's the default instance) but the reporting services is accesible using a host name. sql: SERVER1 rs: reports.SERVER1. the dpm setup only asks about the sql server instance name, but not aboutn rs url. how can i install in this setup? i've managed to install dpm in my configuration registering a new spn for http/server1 so that the dpm setup see the reporting services server. "Catalin Adler" wrote: > I need to install t...

Users cannot change password in win2k8 terminal server
We only have one win2k8 server in our domain and it is a terminal server. If I set a users account to require password change after first logon, the user gets a "username or password is incorrect" error. The user has no problem changing their password from an xp workstation. I've checked the common gpo's and I cant see anything that is preventing them from changing passwords while rdp'd in terminal server. Thoughts? ...

Transfers of INventory between Sites
Hi, GP 8.0, SQL We have two sites set up under one company. However, each site is technically a separate legal entity with it's own financial reporting needs. We transfer a lot of inventory back and forth between sites and need a good way to accomplish this. It needs to be simple and trackable. We originally tried using the Inventory Transaction, but that required associates to manually change GL accounts - didn't happen. Now we set up each site as a customer and are "selling" and "returning" inventory back and forth. This is simple enough for associates to...

Drill down to new window instead of worksheet
Hi folks, I've been working on putting our old sales file into a pivot table form and the results look pretty good. My only concern is drilling down in the pivot table. I would prefer to be able to drill down to a new excel window instead of a new worksheet. The reason for this is the people that will primarily use the pivot table may not delete the drilldown worksheets and the workbook could turn into a bloated mess before very long. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Kyle You can't change the settings for the drill to details feature. Maybe you could create a te...

New Email Message in Outlook 2007 starts in Body of email not in To: field
I have a number of users who have been upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when click on New - Email the Email window opens with the cursor in the body of the email first. In previous versions the focus was always in the To: field. I can't find anywhere to change this. Anyone know? It should open in the to field fn new mail, in the body for replies.. Try Help, Office Diagnostics -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outloo...

Sharing a money file on a server
Money 2004.... I have my Money file on a shared folder on a server. I have two client computers that I wish to be able to access this file from. I have Money 2004 installed on both clients. The trouble seams to be that if one computer is running the Money fike is locked even if Money 2004 is not running on that computer. Thus the second computer cannot acces the file. Is there a fix for this? Thanks Kevin Maybe. You're lucky you haven't corrupted the file outright. Money was not designed for simultaneous access to the data file from two apps. It can get ugly. Consider yoursel...

How to extract mailbox from EDB on a server that does not have exchange installer
hi all, has anyone ever been able to extract a mailbox (via a PST file) from an EDB file on a server that does not have exchange server installed? What are the files that I need to have locally in order to run exmerge.exe on that box. I know that exchmem.dll, libxds.dll are needed, but I want to find out what else is needed for a successful extraction. Any hacks out there :-) thanks a lot, Mike Have a look at this link http://nkibben.excelrecovery.com/exchangeserver/index.htm "Mike" <michmike@cs.stanford.edu> wrote in message news:9978dd46.0404291626.60bfa58b@posting.g...

Cost Basis of Transferred Stocks
I transferred stocks from my IRA to another account as part of a mandatory distribution. The stock now has a new cost basis based on the price at the date of transfer. What is the best way to enter these transactions so that when the stocks are sold from the new account the capital gains (or loss) are correct in the tax report?? In microsoft.public.money, Dad wrote: >I transferred stocks from my IRA to another account as >part of a mandatory distribution. The stock now has a new >cost basis based on the price at the date of transfer. >What is the best way to enter these t...

Keep users from logging into Exch 5.5 mailbox
We are in the middle of an Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003 migration. On this Friday when some of our users come in they will have been migrated to Exch 2003 but some will still be on Exch 5.5. We are using exprofre.exe in their login script to redirect their Outlook profile if they have been migrated to Exch 2003. Here is the problem --- if for some reason the profile redirection does not work the user can still get into their Exch 5.5 mailbox. Even though the Exch 5.5 mailbox will be hidden Outlook still lets them access. We have to leave this Exch 5.5 server running because there are still users...

Check Printing Question
I just opened my business account and ordered LaserPrinter checks compatible with Money from Harland. I purchased Money05 Small business because it has that function. I dowloaded all my bank info. But what I'm really trying to do is find a way to print checks. I followed the instructions per F1 Help; basically select a transactions, set number field to print check, then go to File/Print Checks, but then I get a ERROR message saying that there are no checks to be printed...I've tried EVERYTHING...and I'm pretty computer saavy...but no avail. Money05 Small business may ha...

Visibility of new users in Contacts
I have done this many times with no problems. Now I have one user and one user only who does not show up in the list of users in Outlook. I made sure it is not hidden. Any idea why this one user is not visible? It is the third 'Mark' in my list of users, not that it should matter. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated. -- Keith Baca kbaca@baytekgames.com On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 06:21:02 -0700, Keith Baca <KeithBaca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have done this many times with no problems. Now I have one user and one >user only who does not show up in t...