Transfer Email address?

I have a user, say user1, with email setup in exchange 2003, as
user1@domain.com

I now want to delete user1, but keep his email and assign it to user2, so
user2's email will be user1@domain.com (will not have a user2@domain.com
email)

How do I go about doing this??

0
fake3845 (77)

Change User1@email,com to something else, like User1234@email.com

Add user1@email.com address to user2 as an SMTP address.  Make it default.

Delete user1 account when ready....

"James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
>I have a user, say user1, with email setup in exchange 2003, as
>user1@domain.com
>
> I now want to delete user1, but keep his email and assign it to user2, so
> user2's email will be user1@domain.com (will not have a user2@domain.com
> email)
>

> How do I go about doing this??

0
tfelts (292)
12/19/2005 6:45:56 PM
remove the address from user1's mailbox, and after a few minutes, you'll be
able to add it to to user2's mailbox...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
> I have a user, say user1, with email setup in exchange 2003, as
> user1@domain.com
>
> I now want to delete user1, but keep his email and assign it to user2, so
> user2's email will be user1@domain.com (will not have a user2@domain.com
> email)
>

> How do I go about doing this??

0
sconkey (3059)
12/19/2005 6:47:48 PM
will this save all email's that were in user1's inbox?

"Tom Felts" <tfelts@nospam.mckennalong.com> wrote in message
> Change User1@email,com to something else, like User1234@email.com
>
> Add user1@email.com address to user2 as an SMTP address.  Make it default.
>
> Delete user1 account when ready....
>

> "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
>>I have a user, say user1, with email setup in exchange 2003, as
>>user1@domain.com
>>
>> I now want to delete user1, but keep his email and assign it to user2, so
>> user2's email will be user1@domain.com (will not have a user2@domain.com
>> email)
>>

>> How do I go about doing this??

0
fake3845 (77)
12/19/2005 6:57:15 PM
no...you could use exmerge to export the contents of the original mailbox
before you delete the account...then make the resulting pst file available
to user2...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

> will this save all email's that were in user1's inbox?
>
> "Tom Felts" <tfelts@nospam.mckennalong.com> wrote in message
> > Change User1@email,com to something else, like User1234@email.com
> >
> > Add user1@email.com address to user2 as an SMTP address.  Make it
default.

> > Delete user1 account when ready....
> >

> > "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
> >>I have a user, say user1, with email setup in exchange 2003, as
> >>user1@domain.com
> >>
> >> I now want to delete user1, but keep his email and assign it to user2,
so
> >> user2's email will be user1@domain.com (will not have a
user2@domain.com
> >> email)
> >>

> >> How do I go about doing this??

0
sconkey (3059)
12/19/2005 7:05:01 PM
sounds like a plan
thanks
"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> no...you could use exmerge to export the contents of the original mailbox
> before you delete the account...then make the resulting pst file available
> to user2...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
>> will this save all email's that were in user1's inbox?
>>
>> "Tom Felts" <tfelts@nospam.mckennalong.com> wrote in message
>> > Change User1@email,com to something else, like User1234@email.com
>> >
>> > Add user1@email.com address to user2 as an SMTP address.  Make it
> default.
>> >
>> > Delete user1 account when ready....
>> >

>> > "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message

> so
> user2@domain.com

0
fake3845 (77)

Prioritize Internal Email
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email to a higher priority than internet mail? -Patrick What specific issue are you trying to address? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FD55EB5-475C-46B6-AB3A-1C697E62DF72@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email > to a > higher priority than internet mail? > -Patrick ...

Set default address book automatically (registry)
I know I have done this before a few years back in another site - but I cant remember how. We need to set the default lookup address book for all our 2000+ OL2k3 users and to use a specific lookup order. I know they could each do this manually but we have 2000+ users and the support overhead would be huge. We dont want to users to use the GAL as their default lookup (which it is out of the box) because it contains lost of confusing system addresses and duplicate names for the same person in different security level networks; which the users find VERY confusing to distinguish between). We wan...

recieving emails
I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) and when I hit the button again it starts recieving from the begining again resulting in duplicate messages then it ends in an error like the beginning again. My email is Yahoo mail plus Dorisall wrote: || I get an error message Which is? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Dorisall <Dorisall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) > and when I hit the button again it starts reci...

Can't receive EMail #5

email icon
I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this mean? -- xgdude It indicates that you replied to that message. A green arrow pointing right indicates that you forwarded the message. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "xgdude" wrote in message news:04BCD8E8-B64A-4385-B601-55095BC34F42@microsoft.com... I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this...

some emails not coming through internally
Hello, I have a 3COM NBX phone system. It has the capability of sending an e-mail to a user with the voice message attached. That system is on my 10.1.x.x network. My exchange server is on my 10.3.x.x. network. There's a place in the NBX system to put the name of the SMTP server. I've tried both the email.mydomain.com and the IP address of the server. The messages do not come through. If I change the e-mail address for delivery to an account such as yahoo.com, it comes through no problem. I have a test exchange server at home. If I set it to go to that, goes no where. I ...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

email
How can I change the time that it takes for message to shift from BOLD (unread) to PLAIN TEXT (as read) in my inbox. If I open MS OUTLOOK it will change within 30 seconds to PLAIN TEXT from BOLD appearing as read, even if I don't want to read them at that time. Therefore, later, I don't know if I read that one or not. I have seen the time limit change on the setup somewhere, but can't find it now! joe@dixiesteamway.com Outlook does not have this option to mark an email as read when viewing in the Preview pane. Only Outlook Express does. "Joe Dobbins" <joe...

Re: Outlook wont send to emails hypered to from the net
No. I installed the Google Bar recently which does have one, but it isnt in use. I was having this problem beforehand anyway. (Google bar = 1 day old, Problem = since I got the PC). Amb "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message news:OPXxDqeuDHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > are you using a popup stopper? > > -- > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours > Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) > > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ > > Search for ans...

Send Quote via Email
I have created a quote and would like to send it via email Is this possible without getting too technical! Hi Andrew, (1) In Outlook client using Mail Merge * Open the quote * File-->Format for Customer * Walk through the mail merge steps using "quote.dot" template This template could potentially be modified for more/less data. (2) Download the sample quote report by EdMar from CRM Sandbox The rdl file is at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm under the Downloads section with title "Quote Sample Report". Download this file and import it to your reports s...

Launching URLs from email
URLs in my emails suddenly will no longer launch when clicked. I am using Office/Outlook 2000. Only recent change is the installation of Norton Internet Security, but I think I had ok launches since then. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Inbound email being processed as folder under Inbox
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I got a database daemon error, and Entourage forced me to rebuild the database. <br><br>Once the database was rebuilt, I relaunched Entourage and my new messages were processed as folders with a .EML extension under the Inbox. If you click on them, there is no content in the folder. Entourage has also stopped receiving new mail messages entirely. <br><br>While my database was being rebuilt, I accessed my Exchange account via both Webmail and an Outlook client on Window...

Transfer address bk and messages
How do I transfer fromm outlook 2003 my info to 2003 on anew computer. Can it really be that hard? Nope. This is your second post. One is enough: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010771141033&CTT=98 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "diggy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37da01c469f6$b6172d20$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer fromm outlook 2003 my info to 2003 on > anew computer. Can it really be that hard? ...

incoming email not being automatically tracked
Hello, I have the following: Email router used for both incoming and outgoing email in both the web client and Outlook I've configured the router (correctly as far as I know) per the MS documentation. I've selected to track emails from leads and contacts (the last option) please do not confuse this with the middle option to track emails that are responses from leads and contacts. This last option implies it will track incoming original emails, not just replies an important distinction. With this configuration, I would expect an unsolicited email from a contact to be tracke...

Cannot Email from Outlook 2003..no "send" button present
I cannot send letters or attachments of any kind..I tried reinstalling Outlook 2003 didn't solve the problem..Help You have to close your new message and then the send/receive button appears on your inbox screen. Click that and then it will send. ...

Forward email from Sendmail to Exchange
Hi all, Has anyone successfully used the LUSER_RELAY feature of Sendmail to forward any unknown users to an Exchange server? I have defined LUSER_RELAY as host.mydomain.com, but when an email gets forwarded the domain portion of the email is stripped off and replaced with the value of USER_RELAY. This causes the email to bounce since the email domain is @mydomain.com not host.mydomain.com. I have tried using the FEATURE(preserve_luser_host), but that did not fix the problem. Is there a way to set up an SMTP connector pointing to host.mydomain.com and have the email deliverd to a users mail...

Outlook 2007 missing emails until restart
I have a user running Vista Business Basic along with Office 2007 Professional that is having a problem with emails not showing up in the inbox. The user has a PDA that does get the email and if you search of the email on the computer, you find it and can open it without issue. However, the email still may not show up in the inbox until a restart of Outlook. Currently the user has caching enabled and other then the missing emails, runs stable. However, if we turn off the caching we experience an application crash with the following: Event Name: APPCRASH Applicatio...

Deleted email not going to Deleted Items folder
I am using Outlook 2003 on WinXP Pro SP2 setup with POP3 accounts. When I delete an email it does not go to the Deleted Items folder - it does not pormpt me it just disappears. The shift key is not being pressed. This also happens when I drag an email to the Deleted Items folder - it just disappears. However, if the email is Unread then it does stay. As soon as I open the email it too disappears. I have tried to upgrade to Office sp2 but is did not fix the problem Change your View, Arrange by settings to All Messages instead of Unread ones. "techie_comps" wrote: > I am usin...

Email to multiple people but show only the recepient name
Is there a way to send to ten people at once but only have one name in the To: box at a time? So that the entire list of people is not sent. Use the BCC field. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Terry asked: | Is there a way to send to ten people at once but only | have one name in the To: box at a time? So that the | entire list of people is not sen...

embedded pictures in emails
I often receive emails with pictures embedded (not attachments) . the pictures are meant to have moving objects such as cars, people etc when you open the email, however when I open the email in Outlook 07 (vista), my pictures are still. Could this be my settings ?????? -- Mars Mars <mars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I often receive emails with pictures embedded (not attachments) . the > pictures are meant to have moving objects such as cars, people etc > when you open the email, however when I open the email in Outlook 07 > (vista), my pictures are still. Co...