Tracking email messages

Our company policy requires us to obtain a copy of all
incoming/outgoing email messages.  How can we set this up
with Exchange 2003? Ideally we would like all messages
stored in one mailbox.  Thank you
0
mjimenez (1)

Create it and they will come.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173

On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:49:29 -0700, "Michael"
<mjimenez@genesis-consulting.net> wrote:

>Our company policy requires us to obtain a copy of all
>incoming/outgoing email messages.  How can we set this up
>with Exchange 2003? Ideally we would like all messages
>stored in one mailbox.  Thank you

0
adavid (8731)
5/15/2004 9:27:12 PM
How can read the archived message?

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:6o2da0hphtpqk4fd4s0ad8nbpedjk7ekbm@4ax.com...
> Create it and they will come.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173
>

> On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:49:29 -0700, "Michael"
> <mjimenez@genesis-consulting.net> wrote:
>
> >Our company policy requires us to obtain a copy of all
> >incoming/outgoing email messages.  How can we set this up
> >with Exchange 2003? Ideally we would like all messages
> >stored in one mailbox.  Thank you

0
x7977 (1)
5/16/2004 4:43:12 PM
If you choose to journal to a mailbox, you can open it via Outlook or
exmerge to a pst etc...

On Mon, 17 May 2004 00:43:12 +0800, "X" <x@test.com> wrote:

>How can read the archived message?
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>message news:6o2da0hphtpqk4fd4s0ad8nbpedjk7ekbm@4ax.com...
>> Create it and they will come.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173
>>

>> On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:49:29 -0700, "Michael"
>> <mjimenez@genesis-consulting.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Our company policy requires us to obtain a copy of all
>> >incoming/outgoing email messages.  How can we set this up
>> >with Exchange 2003? Ideally we would like all messages
>> >stored in one mailbox.  Thank you

0
adavid (8731)

Tracking restriced stock and SAR's
Is there a way in Money 2004 Deluxe to track Restriced Stock grants and Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR's)? ...

Hide "You are about to" message box
How do you bypass all of the "You are about to" messages that pop up when you run an append or delete query so it just runs without you having to hit the yes button in the message? From the Access menu Tools, Options, and select the Edit/Find tab. In the Confirm section, uncheck the warning messages you don't want to see. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Supe" wrote: > How do you bypass all of the "You are about to" messages that pop up when you > run an append or delete query so it just runs without you having to hit the > yes button i...

Cannot receive incoming internet eMail
Hi, all: I ahve a win2003 network, with Exchange 2003 running. The DC was down for about a week, so the email was not working, either. When the DC came back, email started working, partially. Now I can send email to outside, but I cannot receive any email at all. Any idea?? Thanks! From an outside connection, say your home computer, can you telnet to port 25 of your Exchange Server? Check your Event Viewer on the Exchange Server for any Errors. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Can an email be read without internet connection?
Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Hula Girl wrote: > Am downloading an email to CD, but the computer I need the CD for has > no internet connection at present. Can I read & print the email > without access to internet? This is an HP notebook & the computer I > need to read & print the CD in is an IBM Aptiva 247. Not sure what you mean b...

some emails not coming through since going to exchange, no details on why
Have a user that got 2 daily emails. One from a partner of ours that was an automatic email sent, with a status of things. Has an attachment that is a .docr The other is a daily list of canadian exchange rate. No attachments. He no longer recieves these emails and ht doesn't get any emails explaining why. Any idea's? Reply Check your SMTP protocol logs - are these emails getting to your server at all? Are you receiving other emails from outside on that email address? Other addresses? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------...

Default Email Acct
I have two email accounts at my ISP. When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? Can it be set as a default? Thanks! "Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d9ee01c43ab2$5c49d9f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have two email accounts at my ISP. > > When I send email, how can I select which acct is sending? > Can it be set as a default? > > Thanks! > What version of Outlook? 2000 >-----Original Message----- >"Numenorian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:d...

Text Wrapping and received Emails
I have received an email that has lines in it longer than the page width and dont wrap. I have tried help and searching here but cant find a way to have outlook automatically word wrap incoming messages to fit the text to the window any ideas please? Cheers JD Are you sure this is a Plain Text e-mail? These should be wrapped automatically for Outlook 2002 and 2003. HTML messages will be displayed in the way got formatted. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for...

Sent emails not moved from Outbox to Sent folder
Using Windows Live Mail (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) I often find that sent emails are not moved from my Outbox to my Sent folder. When first discovering this I would resend the email in the Outbox or query the intended recipient (with apologies), asking if the email had been received. In each instance the email HAD been sent, just never moved to the Sent folder. 1) Is there any way I can determine if mail sitting in my Outbox has actually been sent -- without querying the recipient? 2) Is there any way I can get Windows Live Mail to properly move sent emails from ...

Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot with "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

Parent/Child window message processing
I have a problem with VC++ window message routing(not command message routing) I have a ControlBar(pParent) window and inside this window, I create a child window(pChild devied from cview). This pChild window is constrained to pParent's client rect. The problem is that all the mouse messages are sent to the parent window instead of the child window. I've traced it to AfxWndProc(), if I click on the child window, a mouse message targeting the parent window is generated(the target window handle is the parent window). Maybe this is related to windows not mfc. The child could re...

New ISP, no incoming emails....
Hi all, was up late last night VPN-ing into my network, and had to go to bed after failing to solve this... I hooked our work up with a new T1 yesterday... from the minute I did, we have gotten no emails incoming.... We use an exchange 5.5 SP6a server for our email on a NT4 machine (Please hold all your jokes and MS-doesnt-suppot-that-anymore comments haha) and a seperate server to relay and filter our emails running GFI mail essentials. I made all the new DNS and new IP address changes on my firewall, they configured my new router remotely, I changed all the info on my DHCP server and can ...

Outlook Hangs when checking email addreses with directory service
I'm using Outlook 2000 service pack 3 in Internet Mail Only configuration Outlook hangs about 75% of the time when looking up an e-mail address in the university of bristol directory service however outlook express can look up an address successfully in the directory service 100% of the time and both outlook and outlook express have the directory account settings exactly the same. I would ask for help from the university's computing service but Outlook is currently unsupported by them. Any ideas why it hangs? Thanks James ...

how to get Outlook Express to continue after failing to read a newsgroup message
I use outlook express as a newsreader. Sometimes I want to get the entire server holdings of a particular newsgroup. Trouble is, OE seems to snag when it was able to read a message header but for some reason it can't retrieve the body. It snags with Outlook Express could not download the requested message. It is likely that the message was removed or expired from the server. Subject 'Simple security??', Account: 'news.nevrona.com', Server: 'news.nevrona.com', Protocol: NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C006F and the only op...

outlook web access
Hello, Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" in the top left corner. The same thing happens when I open a new message. Any ideas? Amy "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA46A8B-3116-4850-BE0F-AB2B9590F20A@microsoft.com... > Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I > attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" > in > the top left corner. The same t...

Error Messages #4
I just bought a computer that has Windows XP and I installed my Office XP programs. At least 20 to 30 times a day when I am using Outlook 2002, I get an error message that asks me to send the info to Microsoft and then I lose the e-mail address or address that I had typed in the new message I was about to send Does any one know what is happening? How about telling us what the message is that you got? Error messages are there for a reason, not just for annoyance and we arent the Amazing Kreskin. :-) First, you should read the error message and attend to that. Taen that should solve your pro...

Error message in Outlook #9
I have just got a blackberry and am trying to set up outlook to use with it. I have had my computer 5 years, but never tried to use outlook before. When I click on it, I get the following error message: "The extension configuration file c:\Program Files\microsoft office\office\addins\fldpub.ecf could not be installed. There is an error in the syntex or format of the file" This is then followed by "Unable to alter your defualt email folders. Create a new profile, make it your default by selecting it, and then clicking Always use this Profile". When I try to open th...

I can't send or receive email
I have a new computer with Windows XP & Microsoft Office for Small Business. I have never tried to use my email account until today. For security reasons, I first installed Norton Internet security. I then configured my email account. Everything seems to be working in the programs except for the fact that I can't send or receive email. Do you have any solutions? First disable Norton completely, and try a send/receive. Then get back to us. "Arnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067e01c3a5c2$78970ef0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I hav...

Interactive email
I want to create a form that I can email to friends with boxes they can check and then send back. Can this be created in MS Publisher? Well, thanks XXZFZFCJKCGHXGFBJXFFO.. I was hoping for something a little more informative.. Anyone Are your 'friends' incapable of typing - Yes - No - Maybe - Perhaps -- Well, I guess thats one way to "solve" a problem.. thanks... ...

Problems when person reply to my emails
When persons reply to my emails they are not delivered. The persons get an undelivery message Wayne What type of e-mail account is it? If it's pop3 then in Outlook make sure that in the account settings the e-mail address supplied there is correct. The e-mail supplied in that box could be anything, as long as it's valid, and this is the address the person will see and also reply to. If there is a spelling mistake in that then it won't be delivered Hope that makes some sense. Let us know how you get on Regards Ash. Hi - not enough info to go on. What kind of mail account? What...

moving email to a new computer
anyone know how i can move my email from outlook express 6.0 on my desktop to outlook express 6.0 on my laptop? the export command does not allow me to export to a disc. any other way to move old emails to my new computer? thanks. Copy your DBX file from your desktop to your laptop that should work.for your messages. -- Michael Rothermel {465165} "Lowell Goodman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05cd01c395d8$f0ee00b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > anyone know how i can move my email from outlook express > 6.0 on my desktop to outlook express 6.0 on...

Problems getting access to my emails
I am having trouble getting into my eamils, when I go to open or delete an email a meesage bar appears telling me that for my protection you sometimes ask to sign in again, when I click the link a message appears saying that the webpage you are trying to view is trying to close the window, wether I click yes or no nothing happens and I am still unable to access my emails. You need to ask your question at www.windowslivehelp.com . The group is for Windows Live Mail questions. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Michael Smith" <Michael Smith@discussions.micros...

Exchange 2003 not sending emails
Hello, What should I do about this error: a.. Numeric Code: 5.4.6 Possible Cause: A Categorizer forward loop was detected. The targetAddress attribute is set on a mailbox-enabled user. Hosting Pack: This is a common hosting configuration problem when someone creates a contact in organizational unit (OU) 1 and then creates a user in OU 2 that has the same e-mail address by using the user provisioning tool. Troubleshooting: a.. This issue occurs when contactA has an alternate recipient that points to contactB and contactB has an alternate recipient that points back to contactA. Check the ...

How do I set up a header in my emails that I use in publisher.
I like the "marker" format for all my business publications. I would like to permanetly export that look to my outlook express 6. But when I try to save an email from publisher as stationary it tells me it won't work because the email contains no background images. Help please ...

Authenticating email addresses
Hello, I recently installed Outlook Office over ME Outlook. Now when I try to send emails to various people, they are getting bounced back to me with the message that I need to "Authenticate their email address". Any suggestions on how to "authenticate someone's email address so it gets sent. Thanks What is the exact text of the message you're getting back? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Ken" <anonymous@disc...

error message #14
I am trying to open my Money program, version 5.0 and am getting an error message that reads "One or more entries could not be written to registry" What can I do to fix this problem and what might be causing it! I am able to get into the program after clicking the cancel button and continuing with "My Money Account" Thanks! Allen ...