Total greater than sum

HI Guys,

Got a storage issue taht lies probably in the fundamentals of exchange
databases.  My Priv1.ebd is 9GB and the corresponding stm is 2GB.  Problem
is that the sum of my mail boxes sizes only comes to around 3 GB.  Where is
the difference?  Do I need to do a  reindex to shrink that database?

I was thinking that this came from the dabase with no deleting deleted mails
or not being reallocating the space elsewhere.  I recall makring not to
delete mail from the boxes for 30 days after deletion (for user stuff-ups),
but I have no idea where the "pending file" lives nor how to restore.

What should I do?

THanks,

Michael.

"Michael" <Michael@commercial_.com> wrote:

>HI Guys,
>
>Got a storage issue taht lies probably in the fundamentals of exchange
>databases.  My Priv1.ebd is 9GB and the corresponding stm is 2GB.  Problem
>is that the sum of my mail boxes sizes only comes to around 3 GB.  Where is
>the difference?  Do I need to do a  reindex to shrink that database?
>
>I was thinking that this came from the dabase with no deleting deleted mails
>or not being reallocating the space elsewhere.  I recall makring not to
>delete mail from the boxes for 30 days after deletion (for user stuff-ups),
>but I have no idea where the "pending file" lives nor how to restore.
>
>What should I do?
>
>THanks,
>
>Michael.

That is quite a difference and is worth investigating.
Have a look through the logs for this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186291
If it is a significant amount then it's probably worth your while
doing an eseutil with the /d switch.
Only do the eseutil if you are short of disk space and the amount of
white space is a large percentage (40% or so) of the total store size.
Otherwise just leave it alone, safe in the knowledge that the actual
file size won't be growing for quite some time.

If the difference is not a significant amount you will need to check
the Deleted Items retention (& Mailbox retention) as you may have a
larger number set there than you think.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)

VBA required to total numbers to match closest to target (complex one...)
I have a range of numbers as follows (sheet2, A1:A30): 1, 2, 2, 5, 10, 20, 20, 50, 100, 200, 200, 500, 1000 (and so on) The user enters an integer (in cell B1) to be matched, however..... The number entered by the user needs to be rounded to the nearest value that can be obtained by combining any of two numbers from the range given above, and the two values used returned. A couple of examples: If the user enters 10, then 10 should be selected. If the user enters 15, then 10 and 5 should be selected. If the user enters 13, then 10 and 5 should be selected. A couple of complications: 1. O...

Sum based on criteria in list
Let's say I have column headings in A1..G1. And let's say I have numbers in A2..G10. And in K1..K5 I have a list of criteria. The criteria would match certain column headings in A1..G1. I want a function to return the sum of the numbers in A2..G10 but only if the column heading (A1..G1) is found in the criteria range (K1..K5). I don't want to insert any rows or columns to do it. It's always nice to give an example (no attachments please) with a desired result. "Joe" <joe.williams@verizon.com> wrote in message news:005d01c37943$918ecb10$a301280a@ph...

Summing dates
I have table like this Date 1 Date2 Diff Date2-Date1 19.12.05 10.01.06 0Y 0M 22D 14.01.05 26.02.05 0Y 1M 13D Which formula to use to sum dates in column 3. For easyer calculations assume that month have 30 days. Tahnx See: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=558873 -- Vito ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vito's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29182 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=558872 Just subtract =B2-A2 -- HTH Bob Phi...

Sum a count total
Hi, I have a query that shows the following information It looks at a specific table (table 1) then groups by sales agent, then groups the tariffs that have been sold by that sales agent and then the query has a count on tariffs. I have then built a report to display the results which would look like this :- Dave Brown Standard Tariff 1 EDP Tariff 2 What I want is a nother function in the query that will then sum the count coloumn so the example above the sum coloumn would be 3. i then need the report to sort by the sum. Thanks Glenn wrote: >I hav...

Sum according to cell info
I want to sum three column of numbers according to a category number that lies in three columns, The category numbers are in columns B5 - B61 and then starting at N5 - N61 and then again starting at Z5 - Z24. The category numbers are 1 - 6. But may add categories later. I would like the sums to go into cells AH32 - AH37. -- Thank You in Advance Ed Davis I am sorry I forgot to mention where the data is I am looking for. F5 - F61 R5 - R61 AD5 - AD24 -- Thank You in Advance Ed Davis "Ed Davis" <ed@danverssoftware.com> wrote in message news:uumtXNdGKHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP...

Sum of 3 nos. into 1 cell in another sheet relevant to specific da
I have the following sample sheet: W/C 12/09 Total Loads Total Cases Failure Loads Failure Cases 12-Sep 13-Sep 14-Sep 15-Sep 16-Sep 0 0 0 0 Having had some fantastic and much appreciated help on the Failure Loads column, it now seems that the Failure Cases column is to be looked at also. The above is my 2nd sheet in a workbook, with a 1st sheet containing the core data. Basically this 2nd sheet is summarising the data entered onto the 1st sheet. 1st sheet is as follows: Column B = date Column C = load Column H = cases per date/load entry So far I have come up with the f...

Totals Query with Join
I have a simple table with the following fields: ModelType text ModelID number SaleMonth date (mmm-yy) SalePrice number The table contains approximately 150 ModelTypes, each of which is made up of several dozen ModelIDs. However, the ModelIDs which make up each ModelType can vary from month-to-month, and this is the cause of my question. I want to query, grouping by ModelType and SaleMonth and averaging the SalePrice. However, I want to query just two months, and for the two months being queried only use fields where there are ModelID fields in common between both months. So it re...

Today price(Total change in the value of a mutual fund) not being updated in portfolio
Hello all, I have encountered a pecuring problem. I have a bunch of mutual funds with a brokerage firm which I track in my Money Software 2003 Deluxe running under windows XP. Two of the funds that I own are Janus Mercury and Janus Special Equity. The closing price of the mutual fund yesterday (12/11/03) was respectively $18.67 and $10.20. The closing price today (12/12/03) is $18.83 and $10.28. I update the price of both the mutual funds everyday. E.g. lets assume I own 100 shares each of the above two mutual funds. In the change column heading in my portfolio view the value is incorrectly...

Rounding & Totalling Error
I am using Windows XP/Office 2003 and have the following problem Tools-Option-Calculation = Precision as displayed (ticked) A B C WT RATE AMOUNT 1 24.975 2125 53,071.88 (=A1*B1) 2 24.979 2125 53,080.38 (=A2*B2) 3 49.954 2125 106,152.25 (=Round(A3*B3,2)) 106,152.25 (=Sum(C1:C2) As can be seen the total should be 106,125.26 and not .25 as displayed. I have tried using the ROUND formula with 2 decimal places and normal SUM Formula but did not achieve the desired result Can anybody point me in the right direction to achieve this? TIA Rashid Khan Hi, The end result must be 1...

Sum an IIF
I have a control with a data source as follows: =(IIf([chktaxable]=-1,[txtPriceNet],0) I'd trying to set up another control that would sum this as follows: =Sum(IIf([chktaxable]=-1,[txtPriceNet],0)) but I get an error. Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks. SAC, try this: =IIf([chktaxable]=-1,Sum([txtPriceNet]),0) Jeanette Cunningham "SAC" <some@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:utfgfSuVIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a control with a data source as follows: > > =(IIf([chktaxable]=-1,[txtPriceNet],0) > > I'd trying to set up another...

Summing the top 100 numbers in a selected range
I have a worksheet which I would like to sum the totals of the 100 cells with the highest values in them and place this resultant in a cell of its own. Can this be done? Thanks, Eric Hi Eric, If the cells are in a contiguous range like column A: =SUM(LARGE(A1:A500,ROW(INDIRECT("1:100")))) Entered as an array - CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER If the cells are all over the place - well, that'll take someone else to help! Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a worksheet which I would like to sum the totals of the 100 cells >with the highest values in them and place this r...

Annual monthly total sales report
How can i generate a report that will show total monthly sales and total by category for a whole year. I this would help i preparing a annual sales graph Thanks Robert Robert, I have the report develop for someone but can't attached here can you send your email to me. "Robert" wrote: > How can i generate a report that will show total monthly sales and total by > category for a whole year. > I this would help i preparing a annual sales graph > Thanks > Robert hi akber, can you sent me also the report ? pern0671@yahoo.com Thanks "Akber Alwani&quo...

Selecting and viewing sum in status bar across worksheets
I know how to CTRL-select non-contiguous cells within a worksheet to view a sum in the status bar. But how do I do this across multiple worksheets? The cells across the worksheets will have different addresses. I don't want to enter a formula ... I just want to select cells across multiple worksheets and view a quick summary in status bar. You have 2 responses to your post of 2 hrs. earlier. Please don't post the same question multiple times. Regards |:>) "JMS" wrote: > I know how to CTRL-select non-contiguous cells within a worksheet to view a > sum in the...

Blank PO Status with incorrect PO Total
Hi all, My user has a problem with one of her POs. When she looks it up, it's not there in the lookup. But when she keys in the number and tabs, the PO is displayed. She has 2 items of $36000 and $1800. But the total PO only displays $1800. When I search in Smartlist the PO status is blank. What could the problem be? Thanks in advance. Regards, Saras Saras, I'd suggest you to run Reconcile Purchasing Documents by selecting this PO which might let you troubleshoot this. For doing the same Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP Menu=>Purchasing=>Utilities=>Reconcile Purchasing ...

In excel
I am attempting to track mileage within an excel spreadsheet... with each entry being enter into the spreadsheet similar to that of a checkbook register... I have no idea how many entries there will be for the year, so my question is how to have a running total of sorts whereby the last entry (be it 2 or 200 cells later) will have a total? Hi Say your data is in columns A to D, and your mileages are in D, In cell E1, put =SUM(D:D) This will sum everythin in column D, and your total will always be in the same location regardless of column length HTH Michael -- Michael Mitchelson &q...

Summing based on dates
I go running and have a mileage log. I have a list of non-continuous dates in column A (i.e. I don't run every day), and mileage figures in column B. On a separate part of the worksheet I want to put a summary table that shows a summary by week. So the first column will be "weekending" date and the second column mileage for the last seven days. I can't work out how to put an automatic formula in this second column. Sure, I could do a manual formula that just sums up the 3 or 4 days in that week that I ran, but there must be a better way? Ok, for everything on the...

sum sub levels.
Hi there, My name is Jerome. I would appreciate your help with the following problem. I have an excel sheet whcih contains data displayed in various levels. There are 11 levels in total. There are over 5000 rows. However each level has different categories. I have to add the values of level 2 in level 1 and all the values of level 3 into 2 and so forth. See tteh format below. You'll notice that I have to add (PAYMENTS, TRANSFERS AND SUBSIDIES, PAYMENTS FOR CAPITAL ASSETS - which are in level 2 ) in level 1 (PAYMENTS) I should do the same for (TAX RECEIPTS, SALES GOODS & SERV NO...

Sum field shows sum of all records, not just related records
My apologies if this answer is already out there ... I looked, but couldn't find what I needed: I have a form which is based on a query of tblCamperInformation and tblCurrentRegistration. I have three tabs, one for the tblCamperInformation, on for tblCurrentRegistration and a third which has a subform for tblPayments. tblPayments is comprised of payment information for each camper. I have primary keys in each table, CamperID, RegistrationID and PaymentID. What I would like is to have the balance of camp due to show on my tab of tblCurrentRegistration, however, when I create a field to...

Convert summed data into 'real' data #2
Thanks Julie I knew it was easy. :) -- Stage2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Stage2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15265 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=268863 Hi Stage2 only easy if you know how :) thanks for the feedback Cheers JulieD "Stage2" <Stage2.1e2n8m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Stage2.1e2n8m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Thanks Julie I knew it was easy. :) > > > -- > Stage2 > ------------------...

Sum amount of days in another coloumn
Hi all, I am using the below spread sheet Task Working days Start date End date 1 7 days 28/05/2010 07/06/2010 Analysis 1 2 days 28/05/2010 31/05/2010 Develop 2 1 wk 01/06/2010 07/06/2010 2 4 days 01/06/2010 04/06/2010 Analysis 1 1 day 01/06/2010 01/06/2010 Develop 2 3 days 02/06/2010 04/06/2010 3 7 days 02/06/2010 10/06/2010 Analysis 1 2 days 02/06/2010 03/06/2010 Develop 2 1 wk 04/06/2010 10/06/2010 I need to calculator the amount of working days based on if the days are for analysis or development. I woul...

H ow do I add time (h:mm) that is a sum of calculations
I have built a time card where I calculate start and stop times using standard times, (not military which would be a no brainer) I use the following formula: =text(a2-a1),"h:mm" for total time for a day. I wish now to total each day but can not add the sum. Switch from =text(a2-a1),"h:mm" to: =A2-A1 and sum the range of interest while the cell housing the sum is custom formatted as [h]:mm. "arcticron" <arcticron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82A180D8-83C6-4D9F-8B28-024ECE8C9274@microsoft.com... >I have built a time card whe...

how to use the =sum function
I am trying to make a Sum of some set of cells, but are not always i the same position, I have this code.... am I missing somthin :confused: Cells(irun.Row, ultima) = "=Sum(cells(" & po1 & "," & ultima "):cells(" & (irun.Row - 1) & "," & ultima & "))" This does put the text "=Sum(cells(20,1):cells(25,1)" on the cell i the sheet, but it doesnt sum the cells.... or what can i do? I cant us specific cells cause I am geting information from diferent ranges..... : -- Warur ---------------------------------...

Totals in Pivot Table Using Access Data Page
Hi, Would someone be able to help me? I am trying to create a pivot table in an Access Data Page, which adds a grand total. However, instead of showing: 1123456 125 126 127 128 129 : 634 It shows: 1123456 125 126 127 128 129 : 125 126 127 128 129 Al...

totals and subtotals in a report
I have one query that extracts a number of records with amounts of money. In a second query based on it I narrow it into one line per client with a total of the money field ('feeval'). Then I generate a report from the second table. The trouble is I don't seem to be able to get a big total at the bottom, and also I want to on each line put the percentage the amount is of the whole total. Can someone please help me as I have no manuals, no experience and no training and no support from the 3rd party people either. PS I would also like to be able to limit the report to display...