To view GAL in Head office exchange

Hi all,

We have 2 regional offices and a Head office, I would like to allow the
users from regional offices to view the Head office GAL, is it possible.

Regional offices have Exchange 2003 as well as Head office and are link
through VPN.

Appreciate all help

Thank you !!
0
RoySton (13)

=?Utf-8?B?Um95IFN0b24=?= <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> We have 2 regional offices and a Head office, I would like to allow the
> users from regional offices to view the Head office GAL, is it possible.
>
> Regional offices have Exchange 2003 as well as Head office and are link
> through VPN.

They should share a GAL if they are in the same org. "Linked through VPN"
means?

Regards,

--
R. Arlo Clizer
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org

I forgot to mentioned although we are the same organisation and linked thru
vpn,, they use a different domain name e.g they use xyz.ie and head office
uses xxx.co.uk
Can it still be done ???

"Arlo Clizer" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?Um95IFN0b24=?= <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > We have 2 regional offices and a Head office, I would like to allow the
> > users from regional offices to view the Head office GAL, is it possible.
> >
> > Regional offices have Exchange 2003 as well as Head office and are link
> > through VPN.
>
> They should share a GAL if they are in the same org. "Linked through VPN"
> means?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> R. Arlo Clizer
> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
> Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
RoySton (13)
4/24/2006 10:25:01 AM
Yes. The GAL should be the Exchange org (one per Forest).

Nue
"Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for reply Arlo,
>
> I forgot to mentioned although we are the same organisation and linked
> thru
> vpn,, they use a different domain name e.g they use xyz.ie and head office
> uses xxx.co.uk
> Can it still be done ???
>
> "Arlo Clizer" wrote:
>
>> =?Utf-8?B?Um95IFN0b24=?= <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>
>> > We have 2 regional offices and a Head office, I would like to allow the
>> > users from regional offices to view the Head office GAL, is it
>> > possible.
>> >
>> > Regional offices have Exchange 2003 as well as Head office and are link
>> > through VPN.
>>
>> They should share a GAL if they are in the same org. "Linked through VPN"
>> means?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> R. Arlo Clizer
>> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
>> Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/24/2006 8:07:26 PM
Thank Nuevo for the reply ,,

I can't really understand what you said ,,can you please be more specific
,,,or direct me to an article.
thank you

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Yes. The GAL should be the Exchange org (one per Forest).
>
> Nue
> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for reply Arlo,
> >
> > I forgot to mentioned although we are the same organisation and linked
> > thru
> > vpn,, they use a different domain name e.g they use xyz.ie and head office
> > uses xxx.co.uk
> > Can it still be done ???
> >
> > "Arlo Clizer" wrote:
> >
> >> =?Utf-8?B?Um95IFN0b24=?= <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> >> They should share a GAL if they are in the same org. "Linked through VPN"
> >> means?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> R. Arlo Clizer
> >> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
> >> Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
RoySton (13)
4/24/2006 8:33:01 PM
Sorry about the confusion. The GAL by default should include all mail or
mailbox enabled accounts unless the LDAP query has been modified or the
object hidden.

> Thank Nuevo for the reply ,,
>
> I can't really understand what you said ,,can you please be more specific
> ,,,or direct me to an article.
> thank you
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Yes. The GAL should be the Exchange org (one per Forest).
>>
>> Nue
>> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for reply Arlo,
>> >
>> > I forgot to mentioned although we are the same organisation and linked
>> > thru
>> > vpn,, they use a different domain name e.g they use xyz.ie and head
>> > office
>> > uses xxx.co.uk
>> > Can it still be done ???

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/24/2006 9:07:21 PM
Thanks Nue,
How do I configure to share it with our 2 regional office, each of them has
got their own Exchange server and default GAL. how do I make them view the
Head office GAL from their outlook client ??

thanks please help

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Sorry about the confusion. The GAL by default should include all mail or
> mailbox enabled accounts unless the LDAP query has been modified or the
> object hidden.
>
> Nue
> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank Nuevo for the reply ,,
> >
> > I can't really understand what you said ,,can you please be more specific
> > ,,,or direct me to an article.
> > thank you
> >
> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes. The GAL should be the Exchange org (one per Forest).
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RoySton (13)
4/25/2006 3:46:01 PM
Are they in separate Exchange Orgs? If not then the GAL LDAP filter has been
modified. What about using address lists to organize recipients:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us

> Thanks Nue,
> How do I configure to share it with our 2 regional office, each of them
> has
> got their own Exchange server and default GAL. how do I make them view the
> Head office GAL from their outlook client ??
>
> thanks please help
>

> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Sorry about the confusion. The GAL by default should include all mail or
>> mailbox enabled accounts unless the LDAP query has been modified or the
>> object hidden.
>>
>> Nue
>> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank Nuevo for the reply ,,
>> >
>> > I can't really understand what you said ,,can you please be more
>> > specific
>> > ,,,or direct me to an article.
>> > thank you

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/25/2006 10:27:14 PM
Yes Nuevo ,,they are separate Exchange orgs,
will try using address lists to organize recipients--- is this the best
method ?

thanks Nue

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Are they in separate Exchange Orgs? If not then the GAL LDAP filter has been
> modified. What about using address lists to organize recipients:

> Nue
> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Nue,
> > How do I configure to share it with our 2 regional office, each of them
> > has
> > got their own Exchange server and default GAL. how do I make them view the
> > Head office GAL from their outlook client ??
> >
> > thanks please help
> >

> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry about the confusion. The GAL by default should include all mail or
> >> mailbox enabled accounts unless the LDAP query has been modified or the
> >> object hidden.
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RoySton (13)
4/25/2006 10:51:02 PM
Not with separate Exchange orgs. You will need to use another piece of
software to share GALs between Exchange orgs. Look for the Identity
Integration Feature Pack  on the MS web site. This will allow you to share
GALs between Orgs.

> Yes Nuevo ,,they are separate Exchange orgs,
> will try using address lists to organize recipients--- is this the best
> method ?
>
> thanks Nue
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Are they in separate Exchange Orgs? If not then the GAL LDAP filter has
>> been
>> modified. What about using address lists to organize recipients:

>> Nue
>> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Nue,
>> > How do I configure to share it with our 2 regional office, each of them
>> > has
>> > got their own Exchange server and default GAL. how do I make them view
>> > the
>> > Head office GAL from their outlook client ??
>> >
>> > thanks please help

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/26/2006 1:10:32 AM
Thanks Nuevo,,

Will try that today

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Not with separate Exchange orgs. You will need to use another piece of
> software to share GALs between Exchange orgs. Look for the Identity
> Integration Feature Pack  on the MS web site. This will allow you to share
> GALs between Orgs.
>
> Nue
> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes Nuevo ,,they are separate Exchange orgs,
> > will try using address lists to organize recipients--- is this the best
> > method ?
> >
> > thanks Nue
> >
> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> Are they in separate Exchange Orgs? If not then the GAL LDAP filter has
> >> been
> >> modified. What about using address lists to organize recipients:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RoySton (13)
4/26/2006 6:42:01 AM
Hi Nuevo,

I have tried to install the Identity Integration Feature Pack and it failed
because it only support Window Server 2003 Enterprise Edition,, and we only
have Window Server Standard Edition.
Is there another way or tools or software ??

thanks

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Not with separate Exchange orgs. You will need to use another piece of
> software to share GALs between Exchange orgs. Look for the Identity
> Integration Feature Pack  on the MS web site. This will allow you to share
> GALs between Orgs.
>
> Nue
> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes Nuevo ,,they are separate Exchange orgs,
> > will try using address lists to organize recipients--- is this the best
> > method ?
> >
> > thanks Nue
> >
> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> Are they in separate Exchange Orgs? If not then the GAL LDAP filter has
> >> been
> >> modified. What about using address lists to organize recipients:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "Roy Ston" <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RoySton (13)

Unable to add Exchange DNS name to Recipient Policy
Hi there We recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 2000, and I noticed that an entry in the default recipient policy - @servername.domainname - which in turn stamps each user account with a username@servername.domainname address, was missing. On trying to add the rule to the policy again, we get this error:- This domain address cannot be used for a recipient policy because it matches the name of an Exchange server. ID no: c1031340 Exchange System Manager We need the @servername.domainname address to be configured for each user as our workflow system uses this to skip our Linux serve...

how to get same sent items on multiple pc's (exchange)
Hi there! I run Outlook 2003 and use two different PCs (home and work) to access my mail which are both set up as microsoft exchange. It is a webmail account at my university. I love how it works, except that I have this one problem: When I send a mail from home, it does not appear in the sent items at work and vice versa. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now, but to no avail. I think I m missing something simple... Thanks for reading my post. Any help would be much appreciated! Pieka You have not set the default delivery location your Exchange account then ...

more office assistants?
Hi, are there more office assistants to be found somewhere? out-of-the-box there is only Max available. In article <1128921895.277237.18420@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Andrei" <andre5151@gmail.com> wrote: > are there more office assistants to be found somewhere? out-of-the-box > there is only Max available. If you have MacOffice v.X (or can borrow a v.X CD), you can copy the assistants from that version to the HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Assistants folder. JE McGimpsey schrieb: > In article <1128921895.277237.18420@g47g200...

XML 2004 just 3 weeks away -- view program updates -- reserve room -- register today
XML 2004 Conference & Exposition –“From Syntax to Solutions” November 15-19, 2004 – Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C. http://www.xmlconference.org XML 2004 is just 3 weeks away. The largest continuously running, independently organized XML conference, XML 2004 is produced by IDEAlliance http://www.idealliance.org and partnered by other industry and standards –making organizations, such as OASIS, W3C, WS-I, NISO, DISA, and LISA. XML 2004 taking place November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. offers over 140 presentations, 30+ exhibitors, to...

view email in html format
i just switched from express to outlook 97 v8.02 and now my email opens in text format. it did open in html if required when i was using express v6.0. how can get my email to open in html format instead of text? ...

GAL and Exchange 2003
I am simply(?) trying to set up some external contacts for our church office so that everyone has access to them all. I have added a contact to AD (and a distribution list) but they refuse to appear in all users or the GAL. We are running SBS2003 with Exchange. I have looked for solutions on Microsoft tech net but cannot seem to find anything. Any help would be very much appreciated.. Andrew/ On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 05:02:02 -0800, AndrewOfAzotus <AndrewOfAzotus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am simply(?) trying to set up some external contacts for our church o...

how do i create an access code sheet to number my office files an.
im new to this office. the former person made an access code sheet (looks like it was made in excel, but im not sure) the sheet numbers and color codes files that are in the office. i guess the former did not save the sheet, and i need to add new files. So if i need to make a new access code sheet to number and color code all files, which way will be the easiest to do this. (and i've never used excel or word to do this, so please leave how-to instructions) you may want to use word to do this so you can use the label function. you could just as easily do it in excel as well simpl...

Inhouse Exchange vs. ISP POP
Hey, I've been out of the Exchange loop for a couple of years, perhaps somebody can fill in my gap in knowledge. Back then I moved my company from ISP pop mail to in-house Exchange MAPI/POP/OWA. Although Exchange gave them great calendaring and contact sharing capabilities I always wondered if it was worth it for the extra admin I had to put in. Plus a major factor was the slowness of OWA coming in through the 2MB ADSL line. It seemed I always regretted it because you can't beat the simplicity and speed of ISP-hosted POP/webmail. Two years later I am a consultant I am faced with th...

Exchange 2000/2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide
Hi NG, where has the "Exchange 2000 ASP Deployment Guide" gone? Is there any "Exchange 2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide" out there? Any comments, tipps around hosting Exchange 2003 for many "virtual organizations"? Tobias Redelberger StarNET Services (HomeOffice) Schoenbornstr. 57 D-97440 Werneck Tel: +49-(0)9722-4835 Mobil: +49-(0)179-25 98 341 Email: T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net Try this link http://www.kapilaggarwal.com/pdf/Exchange%20Deployment%20Guide.doc "Tobias Redelberger" <T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net> wro...

Exchange user Administrative Group
Hello, We have 25 sites world wide. We close our office in Turkey and all user's inside this site moved to other site. The DC has been decomissioned. Now, after 3 weeks, we wanted to remove the site OU from AD. But, when I checked the user properties under Exchange Advance Tab in AD console, I found user is under the site OU that need to be remove. We would like to remove that site OU from Active Directory. Does it create problem?, when site OU deleted from AD? if yes, can we change it to the site where all the user's belongs currently? appreciate your advise and help. Yonkey...

Outlook 2007 and Office H&S 2007`
This has probably been asked and answered somewhere before but I'm not up to weeding through years of postings trying to locate it. The problem is this. I have Office 2007 Home and Student Edition and Outlook 2007 (purchased separately), on my Toshiba laptop computer. It's running Vista Home Premium with 4gigs of memory and a bunch of other typical crap. The computer came with Office pre-installed and I thought I had uninstalled it as it wasn't the edition I had bought. At any rate, whenever I go to use either program, it goes basically into an endless loop of wanting to d...

How many computers can I install ms office basic edition 2003 on?
We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is dying and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? What does the EULA say? Generally a retail version can be installed on 2 working devices "scrumpyjill" <scrumpyjill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7126D521-E248-4733-B7CA-30D30D9114FB@microsoft.com... > We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is > dying > and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? To my knowledge all MS Office Basic Editi...

Custom View: Keeping worksheet hidden?
(Excel 2003) I've got a workbook with several worksheets (some hidden). I'd like to use "custom views" to basically set the print/page setup for each worksheet---the setup varies per sheet. Custom view allows me to do this, but it also unhides the worksheets. Question: Is there anyway to keep a Custom View from hidding/unhiding a worksheet? I tried saving the view with the sheet hidden and unhidden, but when I select the view, it shows everything as the view was saved. Problem is, the worksheets that are hidden are unhidden by other events....the custom view is interfering ...

Can a Table be opened in datasheet view from a form
Trying to figure out how to open a table in datasheet view using a control button on a form and not use a split form view. Any help? On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:00:01 -0800, ksgolfer wrote: > Trying to figure out how to open a table in datasheet view using a control > button on a form and not use a split form view. Any help? I'll assume you meant to say "open a 'form' in datesheet view". To open a form in datasheet view by means of code you must explicitly code it to open in datasheet view: DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", acFormDS -- Fred Please re...

Two identical graphics, one visible in Draft view, the other not
A Word 2007 document contains several graphics (flowcharts) that were created in Visio (2003), copied to the clipboard (Ctrl-C), and pasted into the Word document (Ctrl-V). I have been working on this document for some time as well as others like it. I usually view these documents in Print View because the graphics are not visible in Draft View (they display as empty white space or the light blue field if selected). Today, I happened to shift to Draft View and discovered that most, but not all, of the graphics were visible. In one case, the same graphic was in the document twice r...

Cannot access the "Help" files in Office 2007
Cannot access the "Help" files in Office 2007. I have ran "repair' from the installation CD and still have the same issue. Every time I click the question mark , or hit "F1", for help I get the following message: "There is a problem with one or more installed help files. Please repair your office installation and try again". Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Britaa: My suggestion would be to just completely reinstall Office 2007 beacuse if you have allready tried to repair it im guessing a file somewhere has been deleted. Hope...

Exchange Stores
Hi We are running Exchange 2000 + sp3. (Build 6249.4) We have 4 mail stores + public folder store. The stores vary in size up to about 96gb, and are located on their own san drive. The transaction log files are also on their own san drive (65.9Gb drive with currently 62.9Gb free) . We have a problem here that happens infrequently, once every 2 months. The stores dismount (IS still running) and nobody can access email. When attempting to remount the stores they fail, suggeting restart of ESM and IS services. We then restarted the IS service which causes an error to appear on the screen ...

exchange 2003 public folder sync, which one is updated
If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and someone makes a change, which one is updated? The one they are connected to is the one that is updated. Users are connected to the one referred to in the properties of the Mailbox Store that houses their mailbox. "Trey" <Trey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:271997FD-E0BD-469B-A64D-2FC52FB68575@microsoft.com... > If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and > someone makes a change, which one is updated? ...

M.S. Office
Every time I open M.S. Office I get the message "C:\Documents and Settings\Robert J. Rensel\Application Data\Microsoft\ Addins\infoladin.dll is not a Valid Office add-in". I have re-installed Office a number of times, still get the message. What to do! ...

Slide Bar 'jumps' the view
Running Word 97 on Win98 The slide bar at the side to pull down the image has the irritating effect of changing nothing UNTIL you let go of the bar, then the whole image jumps. Almost every application, except this MS Word product, allows the use of the slider bar to adjust the iimage to where you want. With this blind jump it's impossible to use the slide bar for any effective adjustments, practically rendering the function useless. Has this been changed on later versions? If so, that makes a good reason to update. Somewhere - I can't remember where at the moment - ...

ms outlook
Hi , Is there a way to make the folder the message was sent to open up expand to show the actual folder the message has been filtered too? Thank you all for your help on this mater. Bye, Philip PS: That is the problem; I have a huge list of subfolders and dont necessarily want all of them open. Someone told me that they thought there was a way that you could have the proper set of folders open to display the new message but I cant seem to find anything like that. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post use...

Exchange RPC
I'm having terrible trouble getting RPC to work. Is there an article somewhere that shows how to do it step by step for the stupid? Thanks in advance, Beth In Alaska Beth, can you be a bit more specific as to what does not work? RPC just sort of works with Exchange and Outlook. Unless you are going through a firewall. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "Beth In Alaska" <bethinak@spamfreeclearwire.net> wrote in message news:12shqul9t59i21@corp.supernews.com... > I'm having terribl...

Help with exchange 2000 standard
I am new to exchange still reading a text book but love exchange and ad services…. My boss setup exchange 3 years before I started working here and all is well….. However I have encountered a problem with the pop3 segment of exchange… A few of our clients use a Treo 650 with different providers as their carrier. I configure pop3 access from within their mobile devices and it works. The devices are set to leave email on the exchange (instead of like behaving like outlook express would….). The problem here is that the emails on the exchange server are flagged as read. I monitored a us...

Change Exchange server via scripting
We are going to be migrating our exchange server to another machine as part of an upgrade. Is it possible to change the users' account setup from one server to the next via a login script, or does anyone know another way to do it other than visiting each machine. Thanks, Brad Depending on the details of the migration, you might not need to do = anything at all, or this tool might be handy: = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D56F45AC3-448F-= 4CCC-9BD5-B6B52C13B29C&displaylang=3Den --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ...

OWA/Exchange 2003 and Dictionary for Spell Check
Does anyone know how to add words to the dictionary that OWA uses for spell check on an Exchange 2003 server? thanks, Jason "Jason" <jdheltne@compassnet.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to add words to the dictionary that OWA uses for spell >check on an Exchange 2003 server? > >thanks, > >Jason > The custom spell check is not supported: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825430 You'll need to have a look at http://www.slipstick.com/exs/owa.htm I've not yet looked into which packages are certified with E2K3 though. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,...