To schedule a recurring message delivery

Hello,

I want to schedule a message delivery on regular basis, say 3 times everyday.

I check with Outlook but it seems not for recurring message delivery.

I am running Exchange 2000 server, is there a way to configure on server or
on client side?

Many thanks
0
Pakeon (7)

Hi Pakeon,

Have a look at this link. Hope it helps.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041230.htm

Regards,
George Sang

"Pakeon" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to schedule a message delivery on regular basis, say 3 times everyday.
>
> I check with Outlook but it seems not for recurring message delivery.
>
> I am running Exchange 2000 server, is there a way to configure on server or
> on client side?
>
> Many thanks
Thanks George, I checked the link but I need a fully automated and free of
charge message delivery solution.

"George Sang" wrote:

> Hi Pakeon,
>
> Have a look at this link. Hope it helps.
>
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041230.htm
>
> Regards,
> George Sang
>
> "Pakeon" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to schedule a message delivery on regular basis, say 3 times everyday.
> >
> > I check with Outlook but it seems not for recurring message delivery.
> >
> > I am running Exchange 2000 server, is there a way to configure on server or
> > on client side?
> >
> > Many thanks
0
Pakeon (7)
1/2/2007 6:45:00 AM
Drop an RFC formatted email message into the Exchange server's pickup
folder.  All you'd need to do for scheduling purposes is to create a batch
file that re-copies the message into the pickup folder, then use the task
scheduler on the server to schedule it.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"Pakeon" <Pakeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I want to schedule a message delivery on regular basis, say 3 times
> everyday.
>
> I check with Outlook but it seems not for recurring message delivery.
>
> I am running Exchange 2000 server, is there a way to configure on server
> or
> on client side?
>
> Many thanks

0
neil.hobson (1158)
1/2/2007 8:27:26 AM
Hi Neil,

What is RFC formatted message? Where can I find the tech notes? Or if you
don't mind, could you give me an example message?

Thanks in advnce.

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> Drop an RFC formatted email message into the Exchange server's pickup
> folder.  All you'd need to do for scheduling purposes is to create a batch
> file that re-copies the message into the pickup folder, then use the task
> scheduler on the server to schedule it.
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
>

> "Pakeon" <Pakeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to schedule a message delivery on regular basis, say 3 times
> > everyday.
> >
> > I check with Outlook but it seems not for recurring message delivery.
> >
> > I am running Exchange 2000 server, is there a way to configure on server
> > or
> > on client side?
> >
> > Many thanks

0
Pakeon (7)
1/2/2007 8:39:00 AM
This should explain what you need to know:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297700

--

> Hi Neil,
>
> What is RFC formatted message? Where can I find the tech notes? Or if you
> don't mind, could you give me an example message?
>
> Thanks in advnce.
>

> "Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Drop an RFC formatted email message into the Exchange server's pickup
>> folder.  All you'd need to do for scheduling purposes is to create a
>> batch
>> file that re-copies the message into the pickup folder, then use the task
>> scheduler on the server to schedule it.
>>
>> --
>> Neil Hobson
>> Exchange MVP
>> http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
>>

>> "Pakeon" <Pakeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I want to schedule a message delivery on regular basis, say 3 times
>> > everyday.
>> >
>> > I check with Outlook but it seems not for recurring message delivery.
>> >
>> > I am running Exchange 2000 server, is there a way to configure on
>> > server
>> > or
>> > on client side?
>> >
>> > Many thanks

0
neil.hobson (1158)
1/2/2007 9:21:14 AM
Thanks Neil, it is very helpful.

I want to ask more. I need to enable the delivery receipt in this message,
how to do that in this way?

Many thanks

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> This should explain what you need to know:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297700
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
>

> "Pakeon" <Pakeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Neil,
> >
> > What is RFC formatted message? Where can I find the tech notes? Or if you
> > don't mind, could you give me an example message?
> >
> > Thanks in advnce.
> >

> > "Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Drop an RFC formatted email message into the Exchange server's pickup
> >> folder.  All you'd need to do for scheduling purposes is to create a
> >> batch
> >> file that re-copies the message into the pickup folder, then use the task
> >> scheduler on the server to schedule it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Neil Hobson
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/
> >>

> >> "Pakeon" <Pakeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Pakeon (7)

Resource message
I am getting a meassage in the resource sheet that sais "this resource should be levered based on a Day to Day setting"- what does that mean and what should i do? -- Petra Petra, You probably assigned this resource on 2 tasks running in parallel. So you have to level the workload of that resource: Tools / Level resource... Hope this helps, G�rard Ducouret "petra b�ckstr�m" <petrabckstrm@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: F72B886E-0ED5-4C3F-BFFD-EED239626E98@microsoft.com... >I am getting a meassage in the resource s...

outlook 2007 no message in preview pane
outlook 2007, the preview pane does not show any messages, sometimes there is just one alphabetical character, or there is just one character not always the same, i.e.. � �, sometimes there are none. -- Ride safe. Barry Sunny Ocala FL http://home.att.net/~b.lockyer/index.htm ...

outlook 2003 random messages disappearing
Hi Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP2 on back end. Messages are disappearing at random, no pattern, nothing in common between these and no rules or archiving involved... I am starting to pull my hair out... Any tips would be great. Thanks Dave ...

Block incoming messages for a certain user
I have what I think is a relatively simple problem, but don't know how to do it. I would like to block all incoming mail to a specific email address, with a list of exceptions that are allowed to send. Here's the situation: I have a young daughter that I'd like to give an Exchange account to. However, I'd like to block all but select addresses, but only for her account. Everyone else on the server should be unaffected. I'd like to do this on the Exchange server rather than in the client, since blocking it in Outlook, for example, would still show it in OWA. Ideally w...

Delay meeting request delivery
Is there a way to do that? Thanks. ...

Removing mail recived confirmation message
how to remove a recived mail confirmation message to outside incoming e-mail ...

OE suddenly not downloading messages
Hi all, Two days ago, my OE6 stopped downloading messages. This never happened before, and the following is the error message I keep receiving, and which I have no idea how to fix: The server responded with an error. Account: 'nsit- imap.uchicago.edu', Server: 'nsit-imap.uchicago.edu', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'Cannot find valid popper exec', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 any help? thanks, Yossi Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Inter...

To field is blank when a message is sent and saved to sent items
I have a user who recently was upgraded to Outlook 2003 for Outlook 2002. He has a third party app that sends out legal documents. What it does is compose the email and put the attachments in it and puts the messages in his draft folder. He reviews them and sends them out. Since going to Outlook 2003 the emails are in his Sent Items but the TO field is blank. When they were in his draft folder the TO field had the email address in it. if you bring up the email and click on resend it shows the email address in the TO field. My question is what would cause the email address to be hidden or disa...

Messenger no longer opens message window
When a Messenger contact is offline, I right click and select Send Email. In the past, a new message window would open for me to write the message. Outlook opens if it was closed, but the new message window doesn't; if Outlook was already opened, its icon in the system tray blinks, but a new message window does not open. I should point out that this started happening after I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird, another mail program, and used it for a few days. I have since uninstalled it and returned to Outlook. I am having another, likely related problem. I have downloaded Mozilla Firefox br...

0x8004210a error message when downloading email
i have a client (i am a computer consultant) who is using sbc dsl. she has two sbcglobal.net email addresses that have been added to outlook 2003. about every 4th time she checks her email, she gets the following error message: " Reported error 0x8004210A. The operations timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or Internet service provider ISP." she is using a brand new dell latitude d810 notebook running windows xp home edition. She has both a wireless and wired connection (she...

Error sending messages on Windows Mail
Have NOT been able to send emails from my Windows Mail account. Error message is as follows -- Unknown error has occurred - Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net Protocol: SMTP" Server response - '503STARTTLS command used when not advertised Port: 587 Secure (SSL): Yes Server Error #0x800CCC65 (this was for an outgoing message directed to a third party) I tried to send a message to my own email account and the Error Message was exactly the same, EXCEPT that the final line of the Error Message said - Server Error #0x800CCC90 I get error message numberox800ccc19 I wond...

Outlook message font suddenly too small when printed out
Gurus, Suddenly my Outlook 2003 emails that I print out to my printer are appearing in a much smaller font than while viewing them on screen. I went into Tools > Options > Mail Format > Fonts > Message fonts and changed 10 pt. to 12 pt. but this didn't increase the font as it appeared on my print outs. What am I doing wrong? -- Spin Assuming IE7 is installed and the machine is fully patched at Windows Update, see this previous discussion about Shrink To Fit printing which applies to both Outlook and Outlook Express: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public...

Exchange
We're looking for a tool that would allow us to run a report to see who hasn't read a particular email message. Obviously we can create an email and choose the read receipt option, but when sending an email to a very large group of recipients keeping track of the read receipts to know who hasn't read the message becomes very prohibitive. Is there some way or some sort of reporting tool out there either for use directly in Exchange or in Outlook that would allow us to run a report or something similar against an email message that would detail which of the recipients haven&...

Email an Excel file (automatically) or scheduled
I need to be able to send an automated email everyday to one address, with an Excel file as an attachment. I do not want to have to rely on Outlook, it's installed on our computers, however we use Lotus Notes (with an intranet) to send email. Are there any tools that can do this? JO Hi wojo Try the CDO option http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm Use Ontime to run the macro http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "wojo" <wojo36@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121001336.696767.260810@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com.....

Displaying the actual data that error message is referring to 10-12-07
Is there a way to display the actual records that are being imported from excel to access if they continue giving you an error message? ...

Certificate Error message
On many websites I visit, I get the message 'there is a problem with this website', even though it is a well know, safe site, as in bank, government, etc. I wrote one of the companies and they said there site was safe and offered me ways to get through without this message . . so far nothing has worked . .. . You're not actually asking a question, so I can't tell what you're trying to find out. However, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd probably be best off posting to a newsgroup...

Out of office message OLXP
I can't find the out of office feature and I also can't create an email template using word. I thought I used to be able this in OL2K but in XP I can't figure it out. HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!! Out og office is under the menu tools/out of office assistant >-----Original Message----- >I can't find the out of office feature and I also can't create an email >template using word. I thought I used to be able this in OL2K but in XP I >can't figure it out. HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!! > > >. > No, its not. Not on mine or my friends. That's my problem. Than...

View conversation containg unread message/s
Is there any way to set a view to make Outlook 2007 show whole conversations/threads containing one or more unread messages? I can show just the unread messages in a folder easily, of course, but can't find a way to make Outlook show the whole conversation whilst hiding all other conversations. -- Regards, Bob No, you can either show all unreads or all conversations but not only conversations with unreads. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Can't delete scheduled bill payment
I have an upcoming bill payment for natural gas heating for Nov 23/2003. Since I've paid before the due date of this account, when entering the the bill particulars, Money 2001 did not recognize this as an upcoming bill. When I went to skip this months transaction so as not to have two occurences in the same month, the upcoming bill remains as pending. I tried changing the bill payment to today, but receive an error "Cannot edit transaction". I tried deleting that bill account to rebuild the scheduled bill information and I cannot delete it. I also get an error message saying &...

CEdit & Message handling
I would like to let my CDialog class to know when a CEdit has recieved a WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK I know I can create a CMyEdit class and catch the event there, but I would prefer to allow my dialog to catch it instead Any help would be most appreciated, thanks Jonathan Only one - to use RichText and catch NM_DBLCLK Andrew Fedoniouk. http://terrainformatica.com "Jonathan L" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F2AD8F0-8B62-4984-991E-CE0631804AFE@microsoft.com... > I would like to let my CDialog class to know when a CEdit has recieved a WM_LBUTTONDBLCL...

Why are my messages being flagged automatically for follow-up?
When I click on an email, Outlook 2007 is automatically flagging it for follow-up without me doing it. I am searching high and low for a solution for this and i can't find one. It started doing it two nights ago. Now all my messages are being flagged as soon as I click on it. Anybody else experiencing this? Esmee K.;303433 Wrote: > When I click on an email, Outlook 2007 is automatically flagging it for > > follow-up without me doing it. I am searching high and low for a > solution > for this and i can't find one. It started doing it two nights ago. > N...

Add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages
Hi all: I need to add a disclaimer to all outgoing SMTP messages on Exchange 2000 SP2. I've tried to do what the article 317680 describes, but it didn't work because I have only one server and this solution is for a border server. I know that one solution would be to create a new virtual SMTP server and make some configurations in order to get the disclaimer working.... Could anyone explain how the smtp virtual have to be created and configured? Another solution would be to install GFI MailEssentials version 8 but it isn't available any more: the current version is version ...

Email message on server
My new netbook has WIndows 7. When I added my POP email account under the Advanced tab there no longer is a box to check leave a copy on the server. The only options under the advanced tab are Settings and Maintenace. There is no Delivery option anymore. There are 9 tabs General-Read-Receipts-Send-Compose-Signatures-Spelling-Connection-Advanced instead of the previous 5 tabs General-Servers-Connection-Security-Advanced Tools/Accounts/Properties/Advanced/Delivery "Leave copy of messages on server" "czp22" <czp22@discussions.microsoft.com>...

sorting the message "to" selector box
In the messaging utility, the default view on the “to…” selector lists the available recipients by their ID value the cashier table. Is there any way this list can be sorted alphabetically on their name? I don't think so. If no one comes up with a solution add that to the 'Wish List'. I'll vote for it. It is horrible to use with over 50 names on the list. Marc "Dave M" <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EDE3C19-31B6-47D6-A885-FEA8F6330D74@microsoft.com... > In the messaging utility, the default view on the “to…” selector lists...

Viewing date and time received for messages in Outlook Express
My Outlook Express has the incoming messages in my Inbox under colums for flagged, attachments, priority, Sender and Subject. I need to have the date/time received show up across the header bar with these other choices....how do I do that?? Right click on the column, select Columns - add it from the list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, H asked: | My Outlook Express has the...