This email already exist in this organisation. ID: c10312e7

Hello,

We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4
workstations)
I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder.
This email address previously was assigned to a (the only)
distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx gets
an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the
error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the group
either. If I send an email to this address the notification states
that it's refused by the public folder store.
Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7.

I have tried the following without success:
- KB 280765
- KB 286792
- KB 295652 
- ldifde export 
- search all the email recipients with "proxy address present".
- tried to resolve the address through the client with ctrl-k (name
appears equal to email address)
- I have switched to native mode and upgraded to level 2003.
- email disabled all public system folders and back to email enabled
to remove unnecessary email addresses. (they contained loads of
xxx1234@yy.nl addresses)

I'm out of resources and this email address is vital to our
organisation.
I'm allmost certain that this is a bug, so I hope this gets to
Microsoft somehow.

Best regards,
Piet
Haarlem, the Netherlands
0
pvz (5)
5/10/2004 8:31:34 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

6 Replies
520 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

Sounds like you've already tried quite a lot.  Here's some other possible
methods:

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html


-- 
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Piet" <pvz@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:813794f8.0405100031.62145bfd@posting.google.com...
> Hello,
>
> We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4
> workstations)
> I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder.
> This email address previously was assigned to a (the only)
> distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx gets
> an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the
> error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the group
> either. If I send an email to this address the notification states
> that it's refused by the public folder store.
> Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7.
>
> I have tried the following without success:
> - KB 280765
> - KB 286792
> - KB 295652
> - ldifde export
> - search all the email recipients with "proxy address present".
> - tried to resolve the address through the client with ctrl-k (name
> appears equal to email address)
> - I have switched to native mode and upgraded to level 2003.
> - email disabled all public system folders and back to email enabled
> to remove unnecessary email addresses. (they contained loads of
> xxx1234@yy.nl addresses)
>
> I'm out of resources and this email address is vital to our
> organisation.
> I'm allmost certain that this is a bug, so I hope this gets to
> Microsoft somehow.
>
> Best regards,
> Piet
> Haarlem, the Netherlands


0
neil.hobson (1158)
5/10/2004 8:42:50 AM
Hi Neil,

Thanks, but I tried that already. Do you know of a safe way to make a
clean reinstall without losing current data? Or a utility to correct
any corruptions?

Beste regards,
Piet

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in message news:<u4fnIrmNEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Sounds like you've already tried quite a lot.  Here's some other possible
> methods:
> 
> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html
> 
> 
> -- 
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
> 
> For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
> 
> "Piet" <pvz@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> news:813794f8.0405100031.62145bfd@posting.google.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4
> > workstations)
> > I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder.
> > This email address previously was assigned to a (the only)
> > distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx gets
> > an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the
> > error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the group
> > either. If I send an email to this address the notification states
> > that it's refused by the public folder store.
> > Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7.
> >
> > I have tried the following without success:
> > - KB 280765
> > - KB 286792
> > - KB 295652
> > - ldifde export
> > - search all the email recipients with "proxy address present".
> > - tried to resolve the address through the client with ctrl-k (name
> > appears equal to email address)
> > - I have switched to native mode and upgraded to level 2003.
> > - email disabled all public system folders and back to email enabled
> > to remove unnecessary email addresses. (they contained loads of
> > xxx1234@yy.nl addresses)
> >
> > I'm out of resources and this email address is vital to our
> > organisation.
> > I'm allmost certain that this is a bug, so I hope this gets to
> > Microsoft somehow.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Piet
> > Haarlem, the Netherlands
0
pvz (5)
5/11/2004 9:18:09 AM
If there is a corruption/bug it is in AD. I would guess that replication is not OK and change to pf, that owned e-mail addressm
did not replicate. I would suggest to call/e-mail MS PSS and ask for help.

Piet wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> Thanks, but I tried that already. Do you know of a safe way to make a
> clean reinstall without losing current data? Or a utility to correct
> any corruptions?
>
> Beste regards,
> Piet
>
> "Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in message news:<u4fnIrmNEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> > Sounds like you've already tried quite a lot.  Here's some other possible
> > methods:
> >
> > http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html
> >
> >
> > --
> > Neil Hobson
> > Exchange MVP
> >
> > For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
> > http://www.msexchangeblog.com
> >
> > "Piet" <pvz@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> > news:813794f8.0405100031.62145bfd@posting.google.com...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4
> > > workstations)
> > > I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder.
> > > This email address previously was assigned to a (the only)
> > > distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx gets
> > > an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the
> > > error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the group
> > > either. If I send an email to this address the notification states
> > > that it's refused by the public folder store.
> > > Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7.
> > >
> > > I have tried the following without success:
> > > - KB 280765
> > > - KB 286792
> > > - KB 295652
> > > - ldifde export
> > > - search all the email recipients with "proxy address present".
> > > - tried to resolve the address through the client with ctrl-k (name
> > > appears equal to email address)
> > > - I have switched to native mode and upgraded to level 2003.
> > > - email disabled all public system folders and back to email enabled
> > > to remove unnecessary email addresses. (they contained loads of
> > > xxx1234@yy.nl addresses)
> > >
> > > I'm out of resources and this email address is vital to our
> > > organisation.
> > > I'm allmost certain that this is a bug, so I hope this gets to
> > > Microsoft somehow.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Piet
> > > Haarlem, the Netherlands

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
5/11/2004 3:19:41 PM
Hi Kirill,

I would very much like to contact MS, but I don't know how. It's very
frustrating to see how MS hides in it's fortress. They refer to the
OEM provider (Dell), and Dell does not support Exchange ;-(.
Regards,
Piet

"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message news:<40A0EF0D.7277A7C9@nomail.phxint.please.ru>...
> If there is a corruption/bug it is in AD. I would guess that replication is not OK and change to pf, that owned e-mail addressm
> did not replicate. I would suggest to call/e-mail MS PSS and ask for help.
> 
> Piet wrote:
> 
> > Hi Neil,
> >
> > Thanks, but I tried that already. Do you know of a safe way to make a
> > clean reinstall without losing current data? Or a utility to correct
> > any corruptions?
> >
> > Beste regards,
> > Piet
> >
> > "Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in message news:<u4fnIrmNEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> > > Sounds like you've already tried quite a lot.  Here's some other possible
> > > methods:
> > >
> > > http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Neil Hobson
> > > Exchange MVP
> > >
> > > For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
> > > http://www.msexchangeblog.com
> > >
> > > "Piet" <pvz@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> > > news:813794f8.0405100031.62145bfd@posting.google.com...
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4
> > > > workstations)
> > > > I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder.
> > > > This email address previously was assigned to a (the only)
> > > > distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx gets
> > > > an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the
> > > > error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the group
> > > > either. If I send an email to this address the notification states
> > > > that it's refused by the public folder store.
> > > > Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7.
> > > >
> > > > I have tried the following without success:
> > > > - KB 280765
> > > > - KB 286792
> > > > - KB 295652
> > > > - ldifde export
> > > > - search all the email recipients with "proxy address present".
> > > > - tried to resolve the address through the client with ctrl-k (name
> > > > appears equal to email address)
> > > > - I have switched to native mode and upgraded to level 2003.
> > > > - email disabled all public system folders and back to email enabled
> > > > to remove unnecessary email addresses. (they contained loads of
> > > > xxx1234@yy.nl addresses)
> > > >
> > > > I'm out of resources and this email address is vital to our
> > > > organisation.
> > > > I'm allmost certain that this is a bug, so I hope this gets to
> > > > Microsoft somehow.
> > > >
> > > > Best regards,
> > > > Piet
> > > > Haarlem, the Netherlands
0
pvz (5)
5/12/2004 9:22:56 PM
It's fairly difficult (not necessarily impossible) to believe that the 
ldifde dump of the entire domain (ldifde -f dump.ldf -l proxyaddresses) and 
then searching the dump.ldf file for the offending address turned up 
nothing, as the address would have to exist in AD for Exchange to find it 
and throw the error. The one other possibility would also be to dump the 
mail attribute as well (ldifde -f dump.ldf -l proxyaddresses,mail) and see 
if maybe it's in that attribute.

What exactly is the address? Put it in your next reply without the domain 
name (to protect from address gethering spambots).

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
>From: pvz@xs4all.nl (Piet)
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>Subject: Re: This email already exist in this organisation. ID: c10312e7
>Date: 12 May 2004 14:22:56 -0700
>Organization: http://groups.google.com
>Lines: 73
>Message-ID: <813794f8.0405121322.7c5fc5b4@posting.google.com>
>References: <813794f8.0405100031.62145bfd@posting.google.com> 
<u4fnIrmNEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl> 
<813794f8.0405110118.6e1aae1c@posting.google.com> 
<40A0EF0D.7277A7C9@nomail.phxint.please.ru>
>NNTP-Posting-Host: 213.84.148.110
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>X-Trace: posting.google.com 1084396976 16789 127.0.0.1 (12 May 2004 
21:22:56 GMT)
>X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
>NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 21:22:56 +0000 (UTC)
>Path: 
cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.s
ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news-spur1.maxwell.syr.edu!news.maxwell.syr.edu!p
ostnews1.google.com!not-for-mail
>Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl microsoft.public.exchange.admin:427239
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>
>Hi Kirill,
>
>I would very much like to contact MS, but I don't know how. It's very
>frustrating to see how MS hides in it's fortress. They refer to the
>OEM provider (Dell), and Dell does not support Exchange ;-(.
>Regards,
>Piet
>
>"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message 
news:<40A0EF0D.7277A7C9@nomail.phxint.please.ru>...
>> If there is a corruption/bug it is in AD. I would guess that replication 
is not OK and change to pf, that owned e-mail addressm
>> did not replicate. I would suggest to call/e-mail MS PSS and ask for 
help.
>> 
>> Piet wrote:
>> 
>> > Hi Neil,
>> >
>> > Thanks, but I tried that already. Do you know of a safe way to make a
>> > clean reinstall without losing current data? Or a utility to correct
>> > any corruptions?
>> >
>> > Beste regards,
>> > Piet
>> >
>> > "Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in 
message news:<u4fnIrmNEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
>> > > Sounds like you've already tried quite a lot.  Here's some other 
possible
>> > > methods:
>> > >
>> > > http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > --
>> > > Neil Hobson
>> > > Exchange MVP
>> > >
>> > > For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
>> > > http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>> > >
>> > > "Piet" <pvz@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>> > > news:813794f8.0405100031.62145bfd@posting.google.com...
>> > > > Hello,
>> > > >
>> > > > We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4
>> > > > workstations)
>> > > > I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder.
>> > > > This email address previously was assigned to a (the only)
>> > > > distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx 
gets
>> > > > an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the
>> > > > error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the 
group
>> > > > either. If I send an email to this address the notification states
>> > > > that it's refused by the public folder store.
>> > > > Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7.
>> > > >
>> > > > I have tried the following without success:
>> > > > - KB 280765
>> > > > - KB 286792
>> > > > - KB 295652
>> > > > - ldifde export
>> > > > - search all the email recipients with "proxy address present".
>> > > > - tried to resolve the address through the client with ctrl-k (name
>> > > > appears equal to email address)
>> > > > - I have switched to native mode and upgraded to level 2003.
>> > > > - email disabled all public system folders and back to email 
enabled
>> > > > to remove unnecessary email addresses. (they contained loads of
>> > > > xxx1234@yy.nl addresses)
>> > > >
>> > > > I'm out of resources and this email address is vital to our
>> > > > organisation.
>> > > > I'm allmost certain that this is a bug, so I hope this gets to
>> > > > Microsoft somehow.
>> > > >
>> > > > Best regards,
>> > > > Piet
>> > > > Haarlem, the Netherlands
>

0
rroddy (682)
5/17/2004 6:53:48 PM
Hi Richard,

The address is: huiswerk@mydomain.nl
Best regards,
Piet

rroddy@online.microsoft.com (Richard Roddy [MSFT]) wrote in message news:<l0jMQBEPEHA.2224@cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl>...
> It's fairly difficult (not necessarily impossible) to believe that the 
> ldifde dump of the entire domain (ldifde -f dump.ldf -l proxyaddresses) and 
> then searching the dump.ldf file for the offending address turned up 
> nothing, as the address would have to exist in AD for Exchange to find it 
> and throw the error. The one other possibility would also be to dump the 
> mail attribute as well (ldifde -f dump.ldf -l proxyaddresses,mail) and see 
> if maybe it's in that attribute.
> 
> What exactly is the address? Put it in your next reply without the domain 
> name (to protect from address gethering spambots).
> 
> Thanks,
> Richard Roddy
> Microsoft Exchange Support
> 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> 
> --------------------
> >From: pvz@xs4all.nl (Piet)
> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
> >Subject: Re: This email already exist in this organisation. ID: c10312e7
> >Date: 12 May 2004 14:22:56 -0700
> >Organization: http://groups.google.com
> >Lines: 73
> >Message-ID: <813794f8.0405121322.7c5fc5b4@posting.google.com>
> >References: <813794f8.0405100031.62145bfd@posting.google.com> 
> <u4fnIrmNEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl> 
> <813794f8.0405110118.6e1aae1c@posting.google.com> 
> <40A0EF0D.7277A7C9@nomail.phxint.please.ru>
> >NNTP-Posting-Host: 213.84.148.110
> >Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
> >X-Trace: posting.google.com 1084396976 16789 127.0.0.1 (12 May 2004 
>  21:22:56 GMT)
> >X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
> >NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 21:22:56 +0000 (UTC)
> >Path: 
> cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed00.s
> ul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news-spur1.maxwell.syr.edu!news.maxwell.syr.edu!p
> ostnews1.google.com!not-for-mail
> >Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl microsoft.public.exchange.admin:427239
> >X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
> >
> >Hi Kirill,
> >
> >I would very much like to contact MS, but I don't know how. It's very
> >frustrating to see how MS hides in it's fortress. They refer to the
> >OEM provider (Dell), and Dell does not support Exchange ;-(.
> >Regards,
> >Piet
> >
> >"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message 
>  news:<40A0EF0D.7277A7C9@nomail.phxint.please.ru>...
> >> If there is a corruption/bug it is in AD. I would guess that replication 
>  is not OK and change to pf, that owned e-mail addressm
> >> did not replicate. I would suggest to call/e-mail MS PSS and ask for 
>  help.
> >> 
> >> Piet wrote:
> >> 
> >> > Hi Neil,
> >> >
> >> > Thanks, but I tried that already. Do you know of a safe way to make a
> >> > clean reinstall without losing current data? Or a utility to correct
> >> > any corruptions?
> >> >
> >> > Beste regards,
> >> > Piet
> >> >
> >> > "Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in 
>  message news:<u4fnIrmNEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> >> > > Sounds like you've already tried quite a lot.  Here's some other 
>  possible
> >> > > methods:
> >> > >
> >> > > http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > > --
> >> > > Neil Hobson
> >> > > Exchange MVP
> >> > >
> >> > > For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
> >> > > http://www.msexchangeblog.com
> >> > >
> >> > > "Piet" <pvz@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> >> > > news:813794f8.0405100031.62145bfd@posting.google.com...
> >> > > > Hello,
> >> > > >
> >> > > > We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4
> >> > > > workstations)
> >> > > > I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder.
> >> > > > This email address previously was assigned to a (the only)
> >> > > > distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx 
>  gets
> >> > > > an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the
> >> > > > error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the 
>  group
> >> > > > either. If I send an email to this address the notification states
> >> > > > that it's refused by the public folder store.
> >> > > > Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7.
> >> > > >
> >> > > > I have tried the following without success:
> >> > > > - KB 280765
> >> > > > - KB 286792
> >> > > > - KB 295652
> >> > > > - ldifde export
> >> > > > - search all the email recipients with "proxy address present".
> >> > > > - tried to resolve the address through the client with ctrl-k (name
> >> > > > appears equal to email address)
> >> > > > - I have switched to native mode and upgraded to level 2003.
> >> > > > - email disabled all public system folders and back to email 
>  enabled
> >> > > > to remove unnecessary email addresses. (they contained loads of
> >> > > > xxx1234@yy.nl addresses)
> >> > > >
> >> > > > I'm out of resources and this email address is vital to our
> >> > > > organisation.
> >> > > > I'm allmost certain that this is a bug, so I hope this gets to
> >> > > > Microsoft somehow.
> >> > > >
> >> > > > Best regards,
> >> > > > Piet
> >> > > > Haarlem, the Netherlands
> >
0
pvz (5)
5/17/2004 9:32:04 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Email Signature 11-17-09
When I reply to an email, my signature superimposes over the sender's message. What am I doing wrong? ...

Workflow question, regarding emailing to owner of another entity
I am trying to create a workflow rule to send email to account owner after two weeks when service ticket regarding to account is closed. When I'm creating email I can only find following available logical users (account/contact, account, contact,owner's manager, owner). I need to send the email to account owner. Is this possible somehow?? example case. Customer Test has owner Ted Tester, and his team member creates service ticket to Customer Test and closes it. I would like to send email to Ted Tester after two weeks after ticket is closed. As a reminder. I can send the email ...

email subject
Hi, When i want to email, the detail of 'Subject' should be equal to specific cell, eg Cell H3 = YP123. ie Recipient:abc@abc.com Subject:YP123 I have tried to read www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Introduction, bu i cant find or maybe i overlook. How can i do this? [I am using Excel Xp , Outlook Express] Raymon -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See the Tips section Raymond http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "raymondsum" <raymondsum.y9m1y@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

Wrong Email Size
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 (service pack 2). I have noticed that the size of emails with attachments are being displayed incorrectly. For example, there is an email with a pdf document (3MB) and a word document (800kb) and 4 lines of text in the body of the message - total size of 4MB. However, outlook 2003 is displaying the email size as 11MB. When I copy or move this email to a new folder the email size is displayed correctly as 4MB. Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 was installed last week on the exchange server. Is this a bug in SP2? Is there a fix available for this ...

Amount of Outgoing Email
Is there a simple way to determine home many emails are going out of our Exchange Server 2003 each day? You can do this with Third party software such Microsoft Management Pack for Exchange 2003 or you can turn on Performance Monitors and Counters, Brien Posey has written a great article explaining, http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid43_gci1190349,00.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51E318D1-AD08-4C62-ABD8-803A0F2D386A@microsoft...

***Delete UNREAD email >90 Days (Exchange 2003)
I'm trying to delete all UNREAD emails older then 90 Days. Recipient Policy will only let me select the date but there isn't a selection for UNREAD emails. Exchange 5.5 Cleanup Agent (I think that's what it was called) had a check box for UNREAD emails. Is there way to do this in Exchange 2003, or is there 3rd party app that will do this? Boy I miss Exchange 5.5!!! James jdduong@comcast.net when you create a recipient policy (mailbox-managed), you can set the age in days (i.e. 90 days) and size in KB for all items in the selected folder for which the policy applies t...

Back up failing due to corrupt email
Hello, I have been having an issue with backing up using Veritas ver 10d on an SBS2003 server. Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe2d - The backup of the item is bad. Final error category: Resource Errors It appears the back up is failing due to several delivery status notifiations that are corrupt. How can I remove these files and have our back up complete other then modifying veritas registry key. Can I remove these files manually? WARNING: "\\servername\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Administrator [administrator]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresŒ...

Can't open file: "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID"
I'm running Microsoft Excel v.X on a Mac with Panther (OS X). An Excel file which I used a lot now cannot be opened - it says "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID". I have no idea what this is - it's a single file with just 2 sheets in it, and is fairly simple - no links to outside objects, no graphics, etc. Just a single file. What can I do to get it opened?? Microsoft Word can read it, but I'd like to keep working on it in Excel... Thanks in advance! Mike Levin ...

Full email address showing on sent emails?
Using Outlook 2000 for email (I checked this time, Brian!). In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? And how can I arrange that on all outgoing emails (as I compose them) and in the sent mailbox the full email address (including the @billyboggs.com part) is showing? TIA aalaan <aalaan@tpg.com.au> wrote: > In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email > address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? What I suspect is that you have the Display Name define...

grabbing emails and paste into dist list?
Hi there, Okay, here's the scenario in Outlook 2003. I get an email from someone who has included about 50 important people in the cc field. I'd like to take all those email addresses and dump them into a distribution list in one fell swoop. So far, I hit "reply to all" and selected all of those cc email addresses, but I can not paste into a distribution list. How can I do this? Thanks, Gordon ...

Background Music/Outlook Email
I would like to add background music to an email message. I can do this so easily at home using Outlook Express, but Outlook stumps me. Any help greatly appreciated. Hi you may ask this in the Outlook Express forum and not in the MS Excel newsgroup :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rosemary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:38d401c48f7a$5b5fbec0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to add background music to an email message. > I can do this so easily at home using Outlook Express, but > Outlook stumps me. Any help gr...

Event ID in Application Log
I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP1 on both my Front-end and Back-end Servers. I am getting the Event ID 7200 on the Front-end Server. The error that I'm getting is "Background thread FDoUpdateCatalog halted on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (FRONT-END)" due to error code 0x80004005. " I am not running any Full-Text Indexing, it has never been installed. I am also not running any type of Virus scan on this server. It is occuring every 30 minutes on the dot. I have researched for the past two days and can very little information on how to re...

Entourage has stopped retrieving just one certain person's email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop I have been receiving all my emails normally apart from just one sender, who i previously had no problems with. The email is sitting in my inbox when i log in via the browser account, however it just doesnt get sent directly from the sender. if I then send this person's email to myself, it gets delivered to my inbox. THe problem ahs only started in the last week, no settings have been changed and every other email is getting delivered. <br> My hosting provider says it is not their issue and they don...

Is it possible to add my own header to an email in Office Outlook or Outlook Express?
Hi all, I mean something like followings: X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com or X-MyHeader: 123456 I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to this by an email application. Thanks in Advance Afshar Mohebbi > I mean something like followings: > X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com > or > X-MyHeader: 123456 > I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to > this by an email application. For Outlook, you'd need to do it via code. I'd start at http://www.outlookcode.com. For OE, you'll wan...

Creating Formula with Embedded Variable ID
I need to create a single formula for my workbook that references cells from various tabs (over 20) in another workbook. I want to copy this formula into multiple tabs within my workbook. My workbook and the external workbook have the same number of and identically named tabs. I want to embed a variable into the formula that will take on the name of the tab that the formula is copied to. I imagine the formula would look something like this: ='K:\Sales Reports\[Ohio Team, Mar-21-2004.xls]variable_identifying_the_tab_goes_here'!D1 I know I can use the following formula to derive th...

Email server 02-13-10
The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. Vista is not an e-mail client. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62A2017F-A531-4E34-89CC-7FE3BD9849F0@microsoft.com... > The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. ...

checking for existance of file before running macro
I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I want to be able to check to see if it's there first and if it's not send a msg to the user stating that the file isn't there. When the user clicks okay on the box I want the macro to end without error. Can anyone help? thx, Jim You can use the Dir() function: dim myFilename as string myfilename = "C:\autoexec.bat" if dir(myfilename) = "" then 'it's not there else 'yes, it is end if Jim wrote: > > I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I wan...

.wmv files will not play directly from my email attachments but ..
..wmv files will not play directly from my email attachments but they will play when I save it to my desktop. I tried the troubleshooting suggestion on the Windows Media website. i.e. go to tools, options, file types and de-select midi file, click on Apply. then re-select midi file and click on ok. But that did not fix the problem. It won't work, then. There's something in how the program is handing the link off to WMP that WMP doesn't like. You don't mention the email program - I believe some use a protocol/method/somesuch that WMP doesn't understand. =...

cant send email to certain accounts
I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday. Here is the error I keep getting. I also can not get the Windows Mail help to open up. I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else happens. Thanks The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, ple...

Saving email attachments
Receive the following error message when selecting File, Save Attachments on an email with several files attached: File name is not valid ...

System/Organisation Settings and Email tracking Settings
my platform: Windows 2003 sp1,SQL 2005 & SQL reporting services,CRM 3.0. exchange is installed on a seperate domain controller. two weeks now into deployment and have managed to overcome most of the installation issues however I have noticed the following BUG: If i try to disable email tracking,or modify any properties within the email tracking settings window,the mail router will fail. 3 times now this has happened. the only way to fix it is to re-install CRM and do not touch the tracking options. ...

email form script to show email adresses of all recipients
I see there is a field in the attributes called torecipients but I cannot add it to the email form. Is there a way I can script this into the email form to show the email addresses of all of the recipients. My idea involved creting a new attribute called all_recipients and adding it to the form then doing a onchange for each of the to, cc, and bcc fields to update all_recipients. SO far it doesnt work. All the field returns is "undefined". Any help is greatly appreciated!!! ...

Internal emails bounce
Hello. I have a guy who's email messages are being bounced back to him with an undelivery report. This only happens with addresses Internal to our company (when he uses the short name ie. Kris as opposed to long email address ie. Kris@company.com). This is only happening to him as far as I know. Once he sends an email to someone and it's bounced, if he tries again, the email goes through fine the second time. The problam has not repeated a second time yet with the same address. Nothing has changed over the past couple days (that I know of anyway). This was an issue for...

Email tracking
I have turned off from my client, outlook and exchange server 2k email tracking options. But still, sometimes I get spam from mail-address which does not excists anymore, I get "mail was unable to blaa blaa" I'm sorry for the bad description, please ask if I forgot to mention something usefull. If I understand correctly...you receive mail stating "mail was unable to be delivered to xxx@xxx.com" AND you really did not send this msg? We see this often in our Org, it's due to someone externally sending the email/SPAM as your address (spoofing), and when the ...

Problem when I send email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C6C872.7CE35CE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having this problem with a new exchange server that I had installed. = When I send an email it returns the email saying: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Tst Sent: 8/25/2006 3:53 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: userxx@yahoo.com on 8/25/2006 3:53 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, = contact y...