There is not enough space on the Exchange Server to store all of your rules.

Here is the problem we are having.

We have been doing a server upgrade for a domain. The new
and old servers are running Windows NT 4.0 and Microsoft
Exchange Server 5.5.

The Exchange Server was installed on the old PDC, but
according to government standards, it must be located on
the new BDC.

We used the ExMerge utility to backup all user mailboxes
(approximately 130) to a workstation. We then restored
the mailboxes to the new BDC where they belonged. All
users are able to access their old mail, and all of their
old folders. Unfortunately, when some users try to
activate the rules they previously had, they are greeted
with this error.

There is not enough space on the Microsoft Exchange
Server to store all of your rules. The rules that failed
to upload have been deactivated.

It is vital that these users are able to create rules to
send incoming mail to the appropriate folders. The mail
coming into this domain is of an extremely sensitive
nature.

The exmerge and restoration worked fine on the first
enclave we upgraded, with no problems. Users are able to
activate and create rules. The second enclave is where
they are having issues.

To the best of my knowledge, the only difference in the
two ExMerge's is that the 2nd locked up midway through
the process and had to be restarted.

This problem does not seem to effect every single user,
but approximately 90pct that we have tested.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

I think cleansweep will allow you to blow out the server
based rules and allow to to reconfigure them. Do KB query
on cleansweep...

0
anonymous (74722)

how do I take off the double spacing in publisher
how do I take off the double spacing in publisher High-light your text, format menu, paragraph -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gb" <gb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0695A413-3720-4A33-9EBC-F39F6F9940A0@microsoft.com... > how do I take off the double spacing in publisher ...

Information store seems to hang
Every 2-3 days I have to restart the System attendant, MTA stack and information store service because outlook clients get a message that they are unable to connect to the exchange server. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks Janelle Not without more information.... How about checking your event logs for errors or warnings for starters? Run the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer and see if it comes up with any problems. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Janelle" <Janelle...

Rules Wizard #26
I have Office 2002 and I am trying to select Rules Wizard. When I do nothing happens. I did a compete install of office and tried the repair and fix. Is there anything else I should check. Thank you I'm not sure if it will help, but since rules are stored in the .PST file in Outlook 2002 and later, you might try running the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) against the .PST to see if it finds any errors. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:09...

Ports for Outlook on Exchange
We are about to move our Exchange server onto a different VLAN from the workstaions. The server VLAN will have ACL. Not sure what ports we need to allow on the ACL for the Outlook clients. Any ideas. Thanks in advance. YOu would do better to post this to an Exchange group - microsoft.public.exchange.admin would be a good place for this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dc asked: | We are about to move our Exc...

Please help I'm in the middle of a activating the Exchange 2000 mailboxes
Hi everyone: It's Saturday argh!!.. and I'm activating the Exchange 2000 mailboxes on each computer 4 computers are working so far with Outlook 2002 and 2003. But there are bunches of pc's Outlook 2000, 2002 who can send emails to people within our domain and to email addresses outside our domain, I can confirm that all the messages are being delivered, but when I reply to the user using an outside account ex. from yahoo.com the message is never downloaded to the user. When I try send and receive from the Exchange user mailbox I don't see the reply message from my yahoo acco...

Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style
Hi, In Word, when defining a style, there is a paragraph format property titled "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style". It's very convenient to add extra space before/after a block of paragraphs, such as a list. Is there any equivalent in Publisher or do I need to change the settings of each paragraph? Thanks. Raph ...

Password rules for Novell environment
Hello, I'm new to the world of GP 9 and have some questions about password settings. Can password settings like minimum length, complexity, lockout after a number of failed attempts...be set in GP 9 independent of Active Directory? The reason I ask is that I'm operating in a Novell environment and was told by someone that it is not possible to set these parameters outside of AD. If anyone has a document or site that can provide this information, I would be very appreciative! Thanks in advance! Check out Rockton Software's OmniPassword tool. -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Building Full text index on Exchange 2003
Hello all, I am trying to build a full text index of the mailstore. The catalog is build fine but when performing a full population of the mailstore no mailboxes are indexed. The following messages show up in the Event log ------------------------------------------- Event Type: Information Event Source: Microsoft Search Event Category: Gatherer Event ID: 3018 Date: 28-7-2006 Time: 8:35:05 User: N/A Computer: TBG-VMS Description: The end of crawl for project <ExchangeServer_TBG-VMS privD88B396F> has been detected. The Gatherer successfully processed 1 documents totaling 0K. It failed...

DNS or SMTP Virtual Server Issue?
Hello, We host a website for www.abc.org but not their email. Until 4 months ago we were running Ex 5.5 and we've upgraded to Ex 2003. A year ago, ABC.org had an asp page where anonymous users could fill out a form, it send and the web server (not the Ex 5.5 server) would send the email to whoever@abc.org. They took that asp page down for the past few months and just put it back up since our upgrade to Ex 2003. Recently, I found out that the emails never reach their intended recipient, and ALSO WE can't directly email them internally from Outlook. Emails come back undeliverab...

Migration sbs2008 from sbs2003 exchange best practices shows sbs20
I still see a first administrative group and the original source server in the best practices analyzer. Everything seems to be working fine even with original server shut off. I don't understand why these objects are still here. the Exchange administrative group is fine. I have fqdn errors on the first administrative group. I'm not sure how to proceed to clean this up. Missing fqdn in exchangeMDB service principle name missing fqdn in exchangerfr service principle name missing netbios name in exchangemdb service principle name missing netbios name in exchangerfr service pri...

Exchange 2007 address list (OPATH RecipientFilter syntax)
Hi, In Exchange 2003 we had a few address lists that were populated purely by membership in AD groups. The LDAP query to do this was pretty easy. How do we achieve the same thing in Exchange 2007 with the OPATH RecipientFilter syntax? Is there a way to see a list of every attribute that can be used in a recipient filter? Regards, David You can look at these articles http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/01/11/432158.aspx and http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/01/10/432143.aspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldma...

Exchange 2003 System Manager upgrade to SP2
It's easy to install the System Manager on a file server that does not contain Exchange but how do you update that copy of the System Manager to SP2? When I try, SP2 complains that Exchange is not installed on the server. -- Jim "=?Utf-8?B?Sktyb2VzY2g=?=" <JKroesch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1DAD5E6C-52DF-45E5-879C-7C541DA86C2A@microsoft.com: > It's easy to install the System Manager on a file server that does not > contain Exchange but how do you update that copy of the System Manager > to SP2? When I try, SP2 complains that Exchange is not...

Migrate Mial Box (windows 2000 server) to Exchange
Hello all actually use microsoft windows 2000 server and Mail Box (Oficina de Correos), but i want migrate to exchage server. What is the requieriment for this migrate to exchange?. somebody can help me. thanks Harold Microsoft's web site has lots of information about migrating to Exchange. That's a great place to start. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "Harold" <Harold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4B0653F-3798-4FBE-BF14-3BA5A52B0146@microsoft.com... > Hello all > > actually use microsoft windows 2000 ...

Send E-Mails to 2 SMTP Server
Hi, we have two companies sharing one SBS 2003 Server. Lets say one has the domain company1.com and the other one has company2.com The problem is, that company1.com and company2.com are hosted by two different hosting companies. We use PopCon to recive the E-Mails from all the pop3 accounts at company1.com and company2.com and forward them to our exchange server. Now we need to setup exchange in a way that some user use addresses at company1.com and some at company2.com for outging mail. I've read how to add the domains to the recipient policy, and how I can set the default smtp...

Refetching pop3 emails left on server
How do I refetch (fetch again) emails that I've left on the server? I am attempting to configure Outlook and would like to use emails on the server as tests of folders, filters (rules) etc? As it stands now, the first fetch will retrieve emails from the server but when I delete these emails from the INBOX then try to fetch the from the server again, nothing comes down even though I have instructed Outlook to leave messages on server. I have confirmed that the messages are being left on the server by visiting the server. TIA Deuxdad What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Be...

adding a user to Exchange only
We have a consultant working, my boss wants him to be able to logon to Exchange to receive his email, but only Exchange 2003. When he closes outlook, it should log him out. How can I give this person an Exchange mailbox, but not allow him on the domain? We want to allow him to use the global address list and have domain users set up appointments in his calendar if he's going to need an exchange mailbox, he's going to need an AD account in your domain... "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6DD3B90-B924-42E6-BA6C-6ADBBB45EE1A@microso...

Store/HQ Out of sync
One of our store databases has differing data from the HQ for yesterday's sales. It appears 7 records are missing from the trasactions table on the HQ DB that exist in SO DB. We have run worksheet 401 and still the records do not come over. The store is otherwise communicating normally - today's sales are showing up just fine in HQ. Is there a way to force a reconcile? May be silly question, but did you back-date the 401? "Daniel S." <Daniel S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D241E13-27E2-41C9-85B8-7DEAFAA89298@microsoft.com... > One of...

Rules Wizard
Hi, I have a question about rules wizard, and exchange. Currently on a stand alone Outlook 2000 install with the ISP mail server, I can use the Rules Wizard to move emails, print them, and do simple things. When I move to Exchange 2000 and bring my email in-house, and use the Exchange Outlook Client, will I be able to gain any functionality at the Exchange Server Level in terms of the Rules Administration. For example, printing attachments, and saving attachments, or executing scripts on specific emails. On the stand alone version of outlook, we had to purchase a third party add-in tha...

two post office on one exchange 2003 server
I have 2 groups of users I would like to setup on one exchange 2003 server. The one group is teachers and staff. And, the other group is students. I would like to keep them isolated from each other, except for being able to send e-mails to each other, i.e. teachers can send e-mails to students and vice versa. Is this possible to do on one exchange 2003 server? If so, how would I do this? Thanks! Not sure what you mean by "separated" but if you mean different databases for students & teachers/staff, the Enterprise version of Exchange supports multiple storage groups, eac...

Message Tracking in Exchange 2003 #2
I need to delegate permission for message tracking. Default, only the administrator has share permission in this log folder. The problem is that if I add a new share permission, it's removed after a restart. The background is, to enable message tracking between different Exchange organisations. Please let me know if anybody has a solution for this issue. Thanks in advance. Far easier to assign Exchange View Only Administrator at Admin Group or Org level, imo. For granular permissions to enable message tracking, w/o assigning Exchange read-only admin, you will need to grant th...

Exchange Mailbox quota's
Does Microsoft have a recommended Mailbox size quota that they stand beside as a recommendation (ie: 200MB) or does this number very depending on the Hardware/Software configuration? Thank Scott It depends on your business needs as well as the hardware / software configuration. You also need to take into consideration the overall size of your database and how long it will take to recover in the event of a disaster. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Freakasssticks" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Help: Outlook pop account server timouts
Hoping that someone has a solution for this. I'm running Outlook 2007 connected to an Exchange server. I'm also poping several other accounts. Occasionally, one of the POP servers times out and I get a message asking me to type in my access credentials (which aren't actually needed as they're already there). I've extended the server timeout on the culprit account and so help alleviate the problem. The thing is, if I'm not at my computer to resubmit the credentials manually when I receive a server timeout popup, the mail for that account will go unchecked. No...

Can an Exchange 2003 Server be renamed ?
Hi, We have an Exchange 2003 Server I have added a new Exchange Server & moved all my mail boxes to it I have also moved all of the other services to it. I have uninstalled Exchange 2003 Server from the original server, Ran DCPROMO and remover the server from the AD. My Question is can I now rename my new Server back to the name that my origanal server had? Many Thanks Jack... Nope. If you do, the services won't start. Does it matter that much? The client Outlook profiles will have already automatically updated to reflect the new server name, so you shouldn't have any...

rule deployment wizard 10-06-07
I am running CRM 3.0 and server 2003. I am trying to deploy rules to the users with the rule deployment wizard. However i am getting an error: 'Failed to initialize the managment subsystem'. Any thoughts? thanks! The user who is running the rules deployment wizard is CRM user? /Aamir yes "Aamir" wrote: > The user who is running the rules deployment wizard is CRM user? > > /Aamir > > > Are u using exchange 2007 ? Have you tried re-installing exchange router and in this way ,if there is problem in exchange router set- up , it will come befor...

Joining windows server 2003 to windows 2008 domain
Good morning. I'm having a problem joining a windows 2003 member server to a 2008 domain. The forest level and domain level are 2008, DNS is installed on 2 root dc's, but wins isn't installed. When i try to join the 2003 server to the domain using the FQDN global.ifsmifa.com, I'm prompted for the password, but then recieve the network path was not found. The dns servers are configured correctly and if I nslookup global, the name server is returned correctly and the 2 domain controller ips. I've had no problem joining other 2008 servers to the domain. Also if...