The Questions part 4

1- Changing Admin group name in the production exchange server can make any
trouble ... if yes then please tell me the solution

2- In routing group bridgehead server is elected by poll or we have to
define it

3- What is the Difference between Dir Sync Requester and Dir Sync Server

4- What is the difference between routing connector and smtp connector

thanks for answering me those questions ... i will appreciate your
participation.
0
Feelings (19)

1. Should not be a problem.

2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822929/en-us. I'd recommend
specifying more than 1 server if possible.

3. In what context are you referring to. A Groupwise migration?

4. Routing group connectors connect Exchange routing groups. SMTP
connectors provide a number of capabilities
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294736/en-us

Nue
Feelings wrote:
> 1- Changing Admin group name in the production exchange server can make any
> trouble ... if yes then please tell me the solution
>
> 2- In routing group bridgehead server is elected by poll or we have to
> define it
>
> 3- What is the Difference between Dir Sync Requester and Dir Sync Server
>
> 4- What is the difference between routing connector and smtp connector
>
> thanks for answering me those questions ... i will appreciate your
> participation.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/22/2006 3:02:26 PM
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:30:02 -0700, Feelings
<Feelings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>1- Changing Admin group name in the production exchange server can make any
>trouble ... if yes then please tell me the solution

Why the need to change it? Ive alwasy been a bit sketchy about doing
that once there are mailboxes in place.

>2- In routing group bridgehead server is elected by poll or we have to
>define it

You define it or select the button that any local server can send on
the connector.

>3- What is the Difference between Dir Sync Requester and Dir Sync Server

More information required.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314961&sd=tech

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319416

>thanks for answering me those questions ... i will appreciate your
>participation.
0
adavid (8731)

Outlook across firewall #4
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

CRM 4.0 queue issue
Hi, I've run into this in CRM 3.0 (and honestly, I don't know what I did to fix it). But now it's happening in CRM 4.0. I have a queue, and a user with an email address. I want all email that is sent to this user to also appear in the CRM queue. I have it working, it's just that I'm getting everything twice. Once as an email from the original sender, and once from the recipient to the recipient, with the original email as an attachment. For example, kbriscoe@domain.com sends an email to ITSupport@domain.com (Our queue's email address is ITSupport@domain.com). T...

Registry question
Hello Group, I have an application that saves some configuration data in the registry system (under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MyApp\ConfData) of the currently logged on user. This way, every user who runs this app will have his own configuration data. When a user runs for the first time this app, the 'MyApp' registry key will be created along with all its subkeys. Now suppose we have 3 users and all of them have already used the app. We will then have the 'MyApp' subtree created for these 3 users. What I want to know is that when the PC admin wants to uninstall the app, how...

Question #3
Hi I have some data that I graph. Column A has a date [has data in 12 rows] Column B has a data entry (number) [has data in 1st 6 rows] Column C has a data entry (number) [has data in 1 st 6 rows] Column D has a formula that calculates a % on column B & C [formulas in 12 rows] The graph range I have covers the whole 12 rows but it seems to read the formulas in col D and plots every row Is there something I can add to my formula that stops the graph from plotting it unless there has been an answer returned in it? Formula I have is : =IF(B5+C5<1,"",(B5-C5)/B5) Thanks ...

CRM 4.0: WebSite deployment problem
CRM 4.0: I cannot deploy my WebSite in the CRM WebSite, below is the error: 'Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthentica­tionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' doesn't exist. Parameter name: Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthenticat­ionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request....

Puma P280730 Stainless Steel IP 4 Star Mini
Price:$24.99 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000VB1FVG Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000VB1FVG Puma 4 - star Stainless Steel Pocket Knife. Carry the best of best for LESS! Packs all the quality of Puma in a tiny easy-to-carry package... a big bargain on top German craftsmanship: Plain edge, 2" stainless steel blade; Stainless steel handle; Lockback mechanism; Puma medallion inlay; 5" overall, 3" closed.; Craftsmanship that can't be beat! Order Today! WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Cutlery. Cutlery cannot be...

Question about Application behaviour,...
Hi, i have a simple MFC Application, that shows me the System Memory Usage. But after a while the Applications GDI Objects Count grows to something about >8.000 GDI Objects and its Virtual Memory (not much but step by step too) in less than 5 Minutes. I can see with ProcessExplorer that the application does have a high count of page faults. I cant figure out why! The System then starts to react slowly. The Timer invokes every seconds the member function with the code following this text, sets the Position on a progress bar control and raws a transparent text on the surface of the prog...

Defrag question #3
I have a windows 2000 server that's a file/print server and Exchange 2000 also installed and running on the same box. I was wondering what is the best way if I want to run defrag and scandisk on the disk drive? I guess I'm asking because exchange is running on the box and I don't know if I run defrag and scandisk will I run into problems or cause the database problems. Thanks for your help. John In article <4D7A888F-B293-400C-A77C-DC379DDF4BDF@microsoft.com>, John@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a windows 2000 server that's a file/print server and Ex...

ADMT Tool Question
I'm trying to run this tool without success from a Windows 2003 native domain to extract accounts from an NT4 domain. Is this possible? Windows 2003 server Domain: Windows 2003 native mode Forest: Windows 2000 NT4 server sp6a http://www.petri.co.il/active_directory_migration_tool_usage_nt_windows_2003.htm "bobs" <myname@yourdomain.com> wrote in message news:e27m%23Km4FHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to run this tool without success from a Windows 2003 native > domain to extract accounts from an NT4 domain. Is this possible? > > Window...

MS CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 error Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available
Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows - CRM is on premise - 60 Outlook clients - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server - 64 bit DB CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine. Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the rollup 2 .EXE: "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available" These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install. About...

2K7 question
Is there a way in E2K7 to make a particular message always send a message out in plain text format? Is that just an Outlook setting? Thanks! ...

Question about Status Reason field
I am looking into what the Status Reason field is used for in relation to the Account object. There are two default values, Active and Inactive. I want to add values so that when an Account is inactive, we can state the reason that is inactive. I can add values to the Inactive state without a problem, but then how do I choose any of the values that I defined since when an account is Inactive, I cannot edit any of the fields? I can define a default value, but that again is of no use, because I can't change it. This seems to be a bug or oversight on the part of the CRM developers. You nee...

2008 SBS questions... 07-04-10
I am trying to get a 2008 sbs running as efficiently as I can & was wondering about a couple of things. 1) I know it wants to be the DHCP server on a network, but what about for wireless clients? I have a wireless sonicwall TZ-170 for wireless laptops to connect to. They really don't need network access, just internet, so can I leave this running, as long as the addresses it hands out aren't in my same network? 2) Although the bought an SBS, the customer is not & probably won't be running exchange for a while. Can I remove exchange all together? I really see no rea...

Page Setup #4
I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it. The next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the default settings of 8.5x11? Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky behavior? -- Chips and Charlie Is your stock actually 8 inches? If it is you must setup your printer for 8 X 11 as well as your page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chips and Charlie" <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E619DDBA-9FF3-4E26-8D3...

Multi-language support question
We have an MFC application that uses ADO, ATL components to communicate with a SQL Server 2000 database. Our application is currently English only and we are making the conversion to support multiple languages. The text in the application is read in from a table so translating the text itself won't be a big deal programmatically. The text is loaded at log in and we can just autoswitch to the appropriate data based upon who the user is. My concerns are with different character sets, how the different languages impact the OS (how we set the character set in the OS automatically)...

trying to split a stock 1:4
When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000, Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still have 18G left on my hard disk. In microsoft.public.money, Wei wrote: >When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000, >Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not >be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still >have 18G left on my hard disk. I would try booting into Safe Mode and see if you can do the split. I don't expect it to solve the problem, but it is ea...

DNS Question
Hello All, I am working with a customer that has 2 Small Biz servers in the same office. These are on 2 domains, but the same subnet. I am having trouble getting mail to route between the 2 domains. Each is Small Biz server 2003. Domain A has a public IP of 72.151.19.122 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.78. Domain B has a public IP of 72.151.19.123 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.250. We are using a Netgear firewall and inbound and outbound mail between each of these domains and the rest of the world works fine. They just can't seem to talk to each other. I would think this woul...

A SQL error has occurred. Going off line with Outlook CRM 4.
I have seen this in multiple workstations. Running the diagnostics, does not report any errors, however removing the temprary data under advenced fixes the problem by deleting the content of the off line database. The problem with this fix is that it may take up to 12 hours for some of our overseas employees to do their initial off line. When is SP1 due? ...

Question about CRM and Great Plains Integration
Can I create invoice when I invoice a contract in CRM and then show the record in the Great Plains ? Thanks in advance ...

Question re:clustered column w/3D visual effect
I have Excel 2003 Why wont the 3D chart allow you to drag it more open? There is a large open area between the left side and the axis that looks jerky :) In a plain clustered column chart you can click inside to make the frame appear and drag it larger or smaller as you desire. In the 3D, clicking only allows you to change the angles of the 3D box. Am I missing something? thanks, Meenie This should be a hint to avoid the 3D effects. 3D charts are inflexible, but more important, the 3D effects mask the information in the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc....

4 page publication onto a website
I am trying to put a 4 page publication on to the website so that it can be opened by people who don't have publisher. I managed to do it last month but for can't remember how I did it. When I convert it to a web page it only shows the first page of the publication. Last months issue, when I checked back is a mht.doc but I don't know how I converted the publisher document to this. Can anyone help please? How about converting the Publisher file to a PDF. This way more visitors will have the capability to view it. Many folks here recommend the free primopdf which can be ...

Check box question 04-23-07
I have a form with a check box used to indicate if a receipt is voided or not. What I'm trying to do is go to a new record after the checkbox is marked. I have the following code in place and it works. Kinda. The problem is that if I then go back and UNCHECK the check box, it sends me to a new record again. Here's the code: Private Sub Check43_AfterUpdate() If Ckeck43 = Yes Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Thanks for any help! End Sub The following works fine for me. If Me.Check3 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec so try If Ckeck43 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecor...

CHtmlView question #3
Is there an easy way to get the source of the HTML document? On MSDN online, there's a GetSource(CString& str) listed but that's apparently not implemented in VC++ 6.0. ...

A simple mail merge question
How do you change the return address on envelops printed using mail merge? I don't understand the question. The return address will be whatever you tell it to be when you set up your merge document. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Nina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b16b01c3ec17$335b99f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you change the return address on envelops printed > using mail merge? ...

Data Import/ Data Map Questions
Hello, I am developing a solution that will allow various new and updated entities to be loaded from several source systems into a Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 installation on an ongoing basis. There are some up- front components to the solution that detect new/changed source system data that are custom but I wanted to be able to use the built-in Data Import facilities within 4.0 to take the data from Excel files and load it into the CRM. I've looked at the sample code in the SDK and have been able to write code that will do this, including use of Picklist and Lookup (ie parent account) type ...