The modified permissions could not be saved

I am trying to grant permissions on a public folder.  When I try to add a
group as reviewer of the folder I get the message, "The modified permissions
could not be saved."  I am in a mixed mode environment, 5.5 and 2003. Any
ideas?

Thanks
--
James
0

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:01:02 -0700, James
<James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to grant permissions on a public folder.  When I try to add a
>group as reviewer of the folder I get the message, "The modified permissions
>could not be saved."  I am in a mixed mode environment, 5.5 and 2003. Any
>ideas?
>
>Thanks

Is Active Directory in mixed mode as well?
It may be failing trying to convert to a USG.
0
adavid (8731)
9/19/2006 3:09:40 PM
It is a Win 2000 domain with some Win2003/Exchange2003 servers on the
network, so yes.  Failing to convert to a USG?
--
James

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:01:02 -0700, James
> <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to grant permissions on a public folder.  When I try to add a
> >group as reviewer of the folder I get the message, "The modified permissions
> >could not be saved."  I am in a mixed mode environment, 5.5 and 2003. Any
> >ideas?
> >
> >Thanks
>

> Is Active Directory in mixed mode as well?
> It may be failing trying to convert to a USG.

0
James6891 (359)
9/19/2006 8:24:02 PM
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:24:02 -0700, James
<James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It is a Win 2000 domain with some Win2003/Exchange2003 servers on the
>network, so yes.  Failing to convert to a USG?

Universal Security Group. Generally, its recommended that your AD is
in native mode to facilitate this.
Check out:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898082/
"Users cannot access public folder resources that are members of a
nested Universal Distribution Group (UDG) in a mixed-mode Exchange
Server environment"

0
adavid (8731)

Saving web form fields in Access DB
Today, if a customer completes a web-based form for training, the form information is submitted via an email to an outlook mailbox. We would like to develop a macro that parses this outlook email content to a Microsoft Access Database. How would one go about this? uh pick up a copy of DreamWeaver and move to SQL Server "sunflower" <sunflower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07B4313C-73E7-4A7F-B65C-6778F72A02DF@microsoft.com... > Today, if a customer completes a web-based form for training, the form > information is submitted via an email to an ou...

Permission denied for a certain domain.
Could someone please explaing the following error message: ------------------------------------------------------------------ You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <Servername.domainname#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <Email.address@domain.com>... Access denied> ------------------------------------------------------------------ We have Exchange 2003 and it seems that no-one on our domain can send to this one specific domain without the mail getting bounced (it seems from our own SMTP server). Everyone gets the ...

Saving a chart as a picture file
Hi everyone. It is possible to save a chart as a picture (*.gif, *.jpg, etc.)? What I've been doing so far is saving the file as a web page, opening the page in internet explorer and then saving the chart as a picture file. However, when I do this the chart is not saved as a large file - this method is also too time consuming, since I am dealing with 70+ charts. Thanks for any help. Fred. I think he wants Walkenbach's chart tools: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm Jon Peltier wrote: > Fred - > > You want VBA's Chart.Export method. Here's...

Gray status boxes -- saving, repagination, ""
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Today I started getting gray rectangular &quot;status boxes&quot; any time I pasted a word. The &quot;Edit&quot; in the Menu would flash every time I pasted a word (Command-v). Then the &quot;status box&quot; would have a horizontal line fill from left to right. <br><br>This new development also has the same type of box for indicating that Word is checking for smart quotes or repaginating a 100 page document. When the show codes option is turned on, the &quot;status box&qu...

"save" button not requerying as coded
Using Access 2007 I have a form (frmNewFamily) that is opened when a NotInList event is triggered from a subform in a different form (frmAttendance/sfrAttendee). I have a "Save" button on the frmNewFamily that will save the record, close the frmNewFamily and requery the combo boxes on sfrAttendee. I have it working just great, but I want to delete one of the combo boxes. But as soon as I comment out the requery line, the Save button stops functioning properly. It will save the record to the table, but not close the form or requery the combo box. The same thing...

OWA Permissions Question with A.D.
Hi everyone Here is my dilemma. Last year we added a group to our AD to block the "Department" field in our A.D. As long as users are in this group they can not read the "Department" field. Even when using outlook, the "Department field is there, but the content is blank due to the permissions. Recently we discovered the using the OWA for exchange 2003 we could read the contents of the "Department" Field. I know that OWA/Exchange pulls data from the A.D> but i can not figure out why OWA bypasses this permission. Does anyone know what why OWA is bypa...

Check if a form has changed since it was last saved
I am developing an application using an ms access front end and a visual foxpro 8 backend. The application uses adodb connections to add/ update/edit data in the back end database. When a user clicks the save button on main data capture form the user input is programmatically inserted into a new record or an existing record is updated by creating SQL INSERT INTO or UPDATE statements on the fly. I was wondering if anyone knew of an efficient way of coding a mechanism to check if the form had changed since the save button was last pressed. I guess this can be achieved by capturing the On Chan...

You Don't Have Appropriate Permission To Perform This Operation
Using Outlook 2010 Beta, Get this error warning when I try to send and receive. Went to e-mail account settings, set everything up like I had in Outlook 2003, clicked "test account settings..." and all worked fine. Go back into the outlook program and keep getting this warning. Go back into account settings and my Logon Information (password) keeps coming up blank. ...

Save As #7
I am running Microsoft Excel 2003, however I've had the same problem since running Excel 2000. Whenever I go to save an excel spreadsheet for the first time, more than 3 directories down, I get the error: "The file cannot be accessed try the following:" followed by a list of options to try, none of which work. Is there a limitation on the length of the directory name recognized in Excel. I don't have this problem with any of my other Microsoft Office applications, solely Excel. Please HELP. P.S. I can move the file to the directory after saving it two or three ...

Can I save my toolbar
In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with Excel. Thanks in anticipation Ken When you exit Excel the current menu and toolbar setup is always saved (to your XLB file). And it will be restored from the XLB file when you start Excel. If this doesn't help perhaps you can elaborate. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ken" <noone@nowhere> wrote in message news:420b1b44$0$4097$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... | In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my...

changing directory in which Outlook saves attachments
Hi! Is it possible to change the folder/directory in which Outlook 2002 saves attachments and from which you get files to send as attachment? If yes, how? Thanks for your attention, Andre Laarakker Hello Andre Laarakker, you wrote on Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:43:16 +0200: > Is it possible to change the folder/directory in which Outlook 2002 > saves attachments and from which you get files to send as attachment? > If yes, how? I am not sure, if [1] works in Outlook 2002 too. If not, please do what in [2] is described. [1] http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;25273...

Asking to save for new entries thorugh SDK
I'm uploading some invoices through a program in c#, but when the user opens the invoice, it asks to save it. Once you do it, it doesn't ask again. I was looking at the record in the InvoiceBase table and looks like the record was not changed. The fields that I use in the invoice are: + name + description + customerid + ownerid and other custom fields. Any idea if any other field must be initialized. It happens the same with the invoice detail, for it I upload: +description + productdescription + actualdeliveryon + quantity + priceperunit (equals 0) + ispriceoverridden (equals 1...

2003 Public Folder permission errors
I created a number of public and made a single account the owner. The account owner's user account became corrupted and I had to recreate it. No user including the domain administrator can access the permissions tab within outlook, or change account permissions using exchange admin tool. "Michelle" <mfenn1957@hotmail.com> wrote in news:220a01c3fc68$42c4fbf0 $a501280a@phx.gbl: > I created a number of public and made a single account the > owner. The account owner's user account became corrupted > and I had to recreate it. No user including the d...

printing the saved date/time
is the a field code or something to print the save date in a footer i.e there is a field code for the current date in excel &[date], but i would like it to be the last date it was saved thanks in advance!!! You need VBA to do this If you copy this in the ThisWorkbook module it will print the Last Save Time in the RightFooter of every sheet you print Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Last Saved : " & _ ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDoc...

Allowing and Saving Data in Form Fields
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a Word document with form fields that is password protected. When I saved the document, I selected &quot;Track Forms&quot;. However, my recipient is unable to save the data they input into the form field. How do I allow this? I am not quite sure what you are doing, because your terminology does not exactly match what I see in Word. I suspect the issue is that the document must be protected for forms to enable the form fields. If the document is not protected for forms, the user cann...

What, Why three areas to save code
Hi My questions relate to the "Why", "Where" and "What" type of macro code should be stored in (I believe 3 places) that Excel has. 1. in the worksheet. 2. in a module/s. 3. in the Personal.xls. I understand the reasons for the No.3. Personal.xls is opened but hidden at Excel Start-up. This allows the user to add a command button to a toolbar to carry out a specific task on any workbook opened and call up any procedure within Personal.xls. Could someone explain the "Why", "Where" and "What" of the other two places; What was e...

Permission to access all mailboxes:Exchange Services or Exchange Domain Severs
I am setting up Commvault backup software and I need to grant ability to an AD account access all mailboxes during backup. Question here: Security wise, which one is more viable, make an account member of Exchange Services or grant such backup account "Full Exchange Administrator" rights ? I think it is the former but I would like to confirm. Depending on which version of Exchange you are running, neither one may be viable. Delegating control and granting Exchange Full Admin will result in an inherited deny on the mailbox stores for Send As/Receive As permissions, which resu...

How do I modify expense template to fit my needs?
I need to create an expense report for a woman I occasionally work for. She has given me her files that she wants included. Each file (office, auto, etc.) includes the receipts/statements with totals. I want to be able to update and add data to it each month. She does not care how I do it nor what it looks like since she just doesn't want to deal with it at all-she just wants to look at it when its time to pay taxes and have all the info right in front of her. I am very profficient with Windows (except Excel, of course) and -given the time- could come up with something on my ow...

Denying local saves of spreadsheets...
I have a question on the possibility of denying a server residing spreadsheet from being saved on a client computer. While the data in ? has been write potected, and, therefore, altered versions cannot be sent back to the server from a user, I am wondering if there is some way (Perhaps an Excel Macro?) to deny the user saving this spreadsheet to his machine. I welcome any help on this matter, and thank you in advance. In article <E8A6111D-5956-4B5F-9F97-C3B92CD9B97A@microsoft.com>, proy4 @csc.com says... > I have a question on the possibility of denying a server residing spread...

Unofficial Daylight Saving Time Workaround for Entourage X
Office 2004 was updated for the DST changes (11.3.3) however, Office X will not be updated by Microsoft. Officially, Office X has reached the end of it's life-cycle. Support for Entourage X ended January 9, 2007. A workaround for the DST change has been provided by a group of anonymous contributors in the Entourage Mac community for Entourage X. It is provided "as is" with no warranties or support. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/articles/unofficial_dst_workaround.html> This is a workaround not a fix. Any questions about using the workaround should be addressed on the mi...

saving ppt file with animation- excel graph animated by series
I have an ppt file that has excel graph copied in the slide. I have created an animation using the custom animation by series. This enables me to animate each series of plotted data in the graph. The problem is that I only need 3 of the 6 series to be animated. I remove the other three series from the animation pane and I preview the results and everything is perfect. The three series of data that I need animated are in fact animated. When I save the file, it reverts back to animating all six series of plotted data. Is there a different way of saving a file with animation that I ...

Adding *** to modified check total
We are trying to modify our check to place asterisks before and after the check amount. For example, if the check is for $300.00 we want the check to display ***300.00***. We would also like the written our portion to say: ***Three Hundered and 00 Cents***. Thus far, I have been able to get a "***Three Hundered and 00 Cents" format to work, but I can't get the second group of asterisks at the end. Also, I saw that I can change the format to include asterisks as a "filler" for the check amount, which gave me ******300.00 but that is not what we are looking for. Any ...

default user in "manage full access permission"
I'm trying to see the member of "manage full access permission". For all my users, in my exchange 2007 enviroment, I see that instead of username or group name ther is SID. Is normal? What are the default group or user that must exist? Thank you On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 05:47:31 -0700 (PDT), big <d.digrego@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to see the member of "manage full access permission". >For all my users, in my exchange 2007 enviroment, I see that instead >of username or group name ther is SID. >Is normal? It is if the account's n...

.tif high res save?
I am baffeled as to how i may save my created bussiness card to a 300 dpi .tif . It will save as a 96 dpi by default. but my printing company said it comes out too grainy due to the low Res. My printer works for half the cost of every one else if i give him the file as a .tif this is very discuraging to not be able to use what i have worked so hard on. any help will be nice, thanks hans A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am baffeled as to how i may save...

"Save As" function issues
Every time I try to use the "Save As" function in Microsoft Word, my PC tries to open a completely unrelated program (AutoManager WorkFlow 6.1 - by Cyco software). I am running Microsoft Office Word 2007 (12.0.6504.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6514.5000) on Windows Vista Enterprise (Service Pack 2). Is this most likely an issue with the settings in Microsoft Word, or in the AutoManager Workflow program? Are you accessing Save As with a keyboard shortcut (presumably one you assigned to it)? If so, it may be being overridden by a different assignment to that combination in Windo...