The Microsoft Exchange Information Store Won't Start

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service
terminated with service-specific error 4294966746

Running on Backoffice 4.5 Server

Exchange 5.5 build 2653.23 sp4
0
jrattner (1)

well this is a jet level error...4294966746  -551 0xFFFFFDD9
JET_errConsistentTimeMismatch

I would start by running eseutil /mh against the priv.edb and pub.edb to see
if they are consistent or not. Depending on the outcome of this you may need
to either restore from backup or repair. Let me know what the outcome is of
the header dump.
812597 XADM: HOW TO: Interpret Eseutil /m Dump Headers

--
Tyrone Cowart
Microsoft PSS

purposes only.

"jrattner@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:68b601c3e67f$1a579b90$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service
> terminated with service-specific error 4294966746
>
> Running on Backoffice 4.5 Server
>
> Exchange 5.5 build 2653.23 sp4

0
tyronec (67)

Set FROM field default > Replying to messages in somebody else's mailbox in Outlook 2k3 + exchange 2k3
Scenrio...... I have exchange server running with 1 main mail account where fresh emails come in from customers eg info@mycompany.com now this mailbox is opened by every users account so in the folder view they see their own account lets say dave@mycompany.com and the main info one...... dave inbox sent items outbox info inbox sent items outbox All fine and dandy and emails are working in and out. But if "Dave" for instance wants to answer an email int he info accounts inbox he must select his name in the "from" field everytime (I know I can al...

Exchange 5.5 fails to load following IE6 update
I had another client server that exhibited this symptom, but I cannot find anything in the KB about it. A client with a slow internet connection ran the windows updates and the first update was for IE6 that had to be run by itself. Following the installation of the upgrade to IE6, Exchange MTA does not load and no error is given in the event logs to disclose what is causing the failure. Has anyone else come across this issue? Thanks, Allen Not heard of that. What message is displayed in the Services applet if you try to manually start the service? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exc...

Off topic but in the Microsoft Famgilia
Mary, JoAnn, Mike, David & Ed (hope I didn't forget anyone) Any of you, able and willing to write four Word doc sorting macros? I have a Word 2002 table consisting of three columns, Name, Lodge, e-mail address. I would like to be able to have four executable titles, Create new Address, Sort by Name, Sort by Lodge and Sort by e-mail address. (Create new address to add new table row to make available the new name, lodge and address) Presently this is six 8�"x11" pages and will grow in time. Willing to trade, beg, pay for slave wages......... -- Don - Publisher 2000� V...

Cannot see Access querry in Microsoft word
I cannot access a Microsoft Access querry when I try to do a mail merge in Microsoft Word. (Microsoft Office 2003) See response in the mailmerge fields newsgroup -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Guy Delaney" <delaney@unitedsolution.net> wrote in message news:e7ccT6hnKHA.5700@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I cannot access a Microsoft Access querry when I try to do a mail merge in > Microso...

Hosted CRM w. exchange integration
Hi there, Found the post below from ages ago and am wondering if anyone has come across clever solutions for this situation? We have a client with their own domain with exchange, and a hosted CRM environment (citrix enabled) which only a single department of the company use - and we're trying to get some sort of connectivity between their email domain, and the CRM system. Ideally we'd like for them to have Sales For Outlook access from their desktops, which includes CRM email functionality. I realise the complications of this! The only potential solutions we've come up wit...

Exchange 2003 Info Store Backup with Veritas 9.x
I have an 80 GB Info Store. When I was using Exchange 2000 it took < 12 hours to backup the database across the network. We converted to Exchange 2003 in September. It now takes 17 hours to backup the info store. Why is Exchange 2003 so slow to backup? Is there anything that can be done to increase performance? Thanks, Scott There maybe more data travling across the network compared to the past. "stosti" wrote: > I have an 80 GB Info Store. When I was using Exchange 2000 it took < 12 > hours to backup the database across the network. We converted to Exchan...

Exchange Server status during DST change over
Can anyone point me at a resource for what to do during DST change back to normal time? I'm not talking what patches to install or how to "fix" your computer, I'm asking what do you do with the server during the hour rollback. Every resource on the web (that I can find) just talks about patch this, run that, etc. It may be an obvious answer but what do we do during the period of change over, when the clocks go back one hour? Leave the server on, shut it down so it doesn't have any connections, or what? Let it roll into the new time or shut it down during the proble...

Exchange 5.5 Active Directory Connectory
Is there a way to configure the e-mail display name, alias name, and smtp e-mail address that is created with the ADC when a new user account is created. We currently have a 2-way connection setup. when a new user account is created, a new e-mail account is automatically created on the Exchange 5.5 server. This account however does not use our standard display name and alias name convention when created and has to be modified after creation. Is there a way to control this with the connector? ...

Exchange 2003 Problem after Windows 2003 SP Installation
Hi! We have Exchange 2003 (front-end and back-end). After we have installed Windows 2003 SP1 on servers we cannot create Mail-Enabled-Group in Exchange. We get error message: "Unspecified error" code="0x80004005" execut eSeqNo="28" How can we fix this problem? Best Regards Cicek ...

Microsoft CRM V.2.0
I have one question about next CRM V.20 that Will CRM V.2.0 be integrate with Lotus Notes and Citirx? and i need your comments on this articel http://www.webpronews.com/enterprise/crmanderp/wpn-15-20050214MicrosoftCRMIntegrationwithLotusDominoEmailServer.html Where can i find this MS CRM connector? Regds, -- Olav Click Soft http://www.albaspectrum.com/ "Olav" <Olav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAD1DA7C-54F3-4EFC-BE56-6621AB6FA921@microsoft.com... > I have one question about next CRM V.20 that Will CRM V.2.0 be integrate > with Lotus Notes ...

MSExchangeFBPublish error 8207 Exchange 2007
We have just migrated from exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 and the exchange 2003 server has been removed, we now gewt the ablove error in the event log any ideas, Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine servername. The error number is 0x80004005. ...

Removing Exchange attributes in Exchange 2003
Hi, does anybody know an easy way to mailbox disable a user without making the user disapear in the Global address list. What are they using the get their mail? If they have no way of receiving mail why would you want them to appear in the GAL? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Pete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1df9e01c4549b$2ff92e20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > does anybody know an easy way to mailbox disable a user > without making the user disapear in the Global address > ...

Which Exchange-aware Anti-Virus can I use ?
Is it not wise to use Symantec AV Corporate edition client (8.00.9374)on Exchange 2003 ? I had to rebuild our Exchange Server and I want to be sure which AV client is best. thanks chrism. WE have been using trend micro for exchange where we have to.... You do not want to be scanning the drives with a 'regular' AV client. "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message news:%23TD1hNgOFHA.544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it not wise to use Symantec AV Corporate edition client (8.00.9374)on > Exchange 2003 ? > > I had to rebuild our Exchange Server a...

Auto configure outlook for exchange users
We use roaming profiles, along with outlook 2002 and exchange 2000. Is there a way to auto configure outlook for the users, instead of having to do them all individually? Many many thanks, I really need help with this. There is a way to do it using GPO's and scripts. But I use Scriptlogic logon scripts to configure the users profiles and settings for everything including Outlook. www.scriptlogic.com :-) >-----Original Message----- >We use roaming profiles, along with outlook 2002 and >exchange 2000. Is there a way to auto configure outlook >for the users, instead...

Microsoft Outlook 2002
I want to be able to use the "Out of Office" function, but "Help" says I need Microsoft Exchange. What is this and how do I get it? Hi Barry, that`s true. If you want to send a message, that you are out of the office, what means that you are not currently working with Outlook, which system should send the message? At least you need any mail server, which will do it for you. -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps. Freundliche Gr�sse, Alfred G�bel (MS) (Microsoft kann f�r die Richtigkeit und Vollst�ndigkeit der Inhalte in dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung �bernehm...

Display of hyperlinked information
Hi...when I hyperlink from one worksheet to another, the cell referenced comes up at the bottom left of the page. I'd like, when I hyperlink, to see the hyperlinked referenced cell in the upper left hand corner of the screen - wher A1 normally is! Hope this is clear, it's harder to describe than to demonstrate! Thanks. Warfighter ...

wsdl for exchange 2007
Hi. Does anyone know if wsdl (web services descriptor) for exchange 2007 is available somewhere in Internet? I know it is accessible after installing exchange through https://<your domain>/ews/services.wsdl, but for now I cannot execute the installation. thanks in advance! jk. ...

Microsoft Excel #10
I have microsoft worksuite 2004 for XP and task(which has a limited excel like program) however I would like to have the full capabilities of excel. Do I need to purchase the entire Excel program or is their a download that would upgrade my system to similar capabilities? "Sir Knight" <Sir Knight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >I have microsoft worksuite 2004 for XP and task(which has a limited excel >like program) however I would like to have the full capabilities of excel. >Do I need to purchase the entire Excel program or is their a download that >wou...

EFT transaction file generation on Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
Customers find it inefficient that Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 creates one transaction file per unique check batch. They prefer the design of previous versions with which they are able to generate only one transaction file for multiple payment batches on the Generate EFT Files window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

How to Start or End logarithmic X Axis in other than decades i.e..
How to Start or End logarithmic X Axis in other than decades i.e Start=20 - End=18000? See Flexible Log Scale http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/flexible_log_scale/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Multi-disciplinary business expertise + Technology skills = Optimal solution to your business problem Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2004 In article <92E029EC-5873-478B-A21E-3AF10B123C18@microsoft.com>, gfeni@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How to Start or End logarithmic X Axis in other than decades i.e Start=20 - > End=18000? >...

Tool or Script to Export particular AD User Information
I would like to export the mail address, phone number, mobile phone number, contacts of my user in AD - does anyone have a script to share or point me to? Thank you. You could look at ldifde. You would just need to use the "-l" and then specify the attributes for which you would like the values ( in your case, the mail address, .... contacts ). And, that is a lower case letter 'L", not the number "1". -- Cary W. Shultz Roanoke, VA 24014 Microsoft Active Directory MVP http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com "...

How do I configure Exchange 5.5 to use a particular NIC card to transport mail?
First some info on my network. Recently our ISP changed its pricing so we could no longer afford to have a block of 32 static assigned IP's. As a result we now have 2 static IP addresses. One is being used by the PDC/Web/Exchange server, the other has been assigned to our Symantec Firewall appliance allowing us to move all of our workstations behind the firewall and allowing us to use the firewall appliance DHCP server to supply enough internal IP's so we could maintain access for all the workstations. I also added a second NIC card to the Server and connected it to the firewall as wel...

Information Store won't start after installing exchange (in child domain) #2
We are installing exchange 2003 in a child domain of a domain tree where an exchange 2003 server already exists in the parent domain. Netdiag and DCDiag were both performed before installation and indicated no problems with the general setup. The account used to install exchange has Full Exchange Administration rights at the org. level. The installation completes without any error messages, but it is impossible to start the information store. The store refuses to start and events 9153, 1121 and 5000 are then logged in the event log. Event 1121: Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Ac...

errors on exchange server
we are generating a report only of our mailbox manager and i noticed we just started getting a 1031 error. we haven't run our mailbox clean up in a few (7) months and has been running for a few hours. we have no problem withthe routing engine and i am assuming this message cam up because of the resources being dedicated to the Clean up engine. is this correct? ...

Start-up Macro
hello, is it possible that when i double click on the workbook a macr automatically runs to close all toolbars and sheet tabs and everythin ??? so in other words all you can see is the sheet and no toolbars ? and then when i close the workbook it puts them all back ??? many thanks Benn : -- cassy0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=78 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27318 ...