The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted

I have enabled in Active Directory restricted login to computers for various
users allowing them to only log on to their personal workstations. Doing so
has made it so they can no longer access the Outlook Web Access. When I set
the user to be able to log on to all computers then OWA works fine. Does
anyone know how to enable restricted workstation logon and still allow the
user to access OWA. I did allow the user logon rights to the mail server,
but that didn't work. The error displayed to the user is: The Local Security
Authority cannot be contacted. There are no additional errors in the event
log.

Thanks!

0
jason

I've been struggling with the same exact issue all day. I checked every
post I could find on Google, and ended up here w/ the correct solution.

I had to add both of our Front End Servers and the Mail Server the
Mailbox is on, to the Log On To... Button on the Account Tab in AD.

Thank you.

Outlook 2007
I created an email and addressed it to one of my Contacts. When I printed the email, it printed an additional field at the top called "Contacts" with that contact's name. This is not a customized form. Why is this field printing at the bottom of the TO, SUBJECT, and ATTACHMENTS fields in the header as an additional header. Thanks so much! Jean ...

Contacts Tab
Hi Under the Contacts tab of an Account record the only two columns displayed are Full Name and Company Phone. Is there any way to add other columns, for example, job title? If not in this version (v1.2) is there any word of this being included in version 2? Thanks Lee You can customize tables, view and forms - add or remove fields, columns, and textbox using CRM Customization. So answer to your question is YES, it is possible "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8.0409220250.5d5658e@posting.google.com... > Hi > > Under the Contacts tab of...

Using contact categories as distribution lists
Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 I select a category name "Robinson Family". Actions->Create->New Message to Contact. (get msg "this action apply to all items in the selected groups". Click OK). A new email message window appears but only email1 shows up for each person, not email2 and email3. I found this tip by searching microsoft.com How to Use Contact Categories as Distribution Lists in Outlook http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_category_dis.htm This tip says that all the email addresses for each person will automatically be plac...

Using Advanced Security
1. We need to roll out some changes in security. What I want to do is make changes to the user classes, roll these changes to the test system and validate them, thereafter roll these changes to production. How can I roll down class changes/copy class security only to one company at a time? 2. When we to use import/export functionality, while importing, should we mark "only import non-default security"? What does this flag do? Hi Jack The followin KB has lots of information that you will find useful. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;89470...

How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message.
How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message. Basically when you type in a email address/name it finds it in a another users "SHARED" contacts... (So you don't have to manually find/add it.) Can someone point me to some instructions? Thanks Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0736_01CAFD9B.F594AC40 C...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

printer security settings in registry from MFC or Win32API
Hi to all, I am trying to make a service for controlling print jobs for Win NT/2000/XP platform. I realized it would be very convenient to set the following printer security settings for USERS or Everyone Groups: Allow Print, Deny manage documents. I saw that it is possible to do that for 2000 and XP, but I did not find anything about setting Deny manage documents for NT. So, my first question is: Is it possible to set Deny manage documents for NT 4.0 in some other manner?? Later, I realized that registry value KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printe...

Cookie Authorization Enablement
Does anyone know what this feature is and what it does???? Thanks If you Enable Forms Based Authentication feature on the virtual servers then you can have otpion of authentication cookies to be enabled or disabled. If you enabled this, IE will store the logon info on the PC, that means when u open the OWA, all the logon info will show. "Help" wrote: > Does anyone know what this feature is and what it does???? > > Thanks ...

Email&Contacts Backup
I exported my emails and contacts to a file called "backup.pst" and saved it to a cd. After formating my hard drive and installing office I tried to import the file and get message "you do not have required permission for this action". Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Brian Booker copy the pst to your hard drive and remove the read only flag. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http...

problem getting my hotmail contacts into outlook
I am new to outlook and want my hotmail contacts to be in outlook it says that you can do it and believe me I have tried, using all the help features available but no luck it says you need an MSN connector which I have tried to find. Hi , have a look on this site : "Download Microsoft Office Outlook Connector for MSN" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=aa0ad3b0-e1a4-4990-a2be-dde78fed0709&displaylang=en Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public...

Global Contact List in a Public Folder???
Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to display the contents of our Global Contacts List as a Contacts Public Folder? Obviously i would like to use some LDAP filtering and break it up into different lists for different people to have access to.. but first things first. Do I need to make an Exchange App? or there an easy way to do this? Any help would be appreciated, Rick Hello, one solution would be a synchronization on a specific schedule... read the GAL and create/update a contact entry in the public folder. Should not be so hard to write... Greetings, Henning Krause "R...

Retrieving Emails Locally
Currently having issue with not receiving emails through local server. Can access from internet which pulls from same server. Using XP and Outlook 2003. Any ideas to fix problem. Thanks. Key West <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Currently having issue with not receiving emails through > local server. Can access from internet which pulls from > same server. Using XP and Outlook 2003. > > Any ideas to fix problem. First you have to describe the symptoms. What, if any, error messages are displayed? What behavior are you seeing? What type of accoun...

Missing Contacts
Hello, HELP I installed Outlook 2000 (and I tried 2002) on a system here at the school and while the contacts do show up when either the contact rolladex or folder Icon is selected.. they do not show up when you use the address book when addressing a message. If you select TO: CC: or BCC and then change the drop down list to contacts - no names appear HELP THANK YOU ALL T First of all, right click the contacts folder, left click properties, Outlook Address Book Tab. Is the option to display as an Address book checked? If not check it and test. If it is, Click Tools, services, remove ...

Security
when I try to send a link from a web site I get a message that Outlook block potentially unsafe attachments, if I send the e-mail to myself I get teh same message back that out has blocked bla bla bla HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF>..... if I send the link to my aol account rather then comcast I can read the link (or attachment) no porblem, HELP..... phil Can't really be turned off, but it can be customized to need. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be de...

MSN Sync
Is anyone aware of any reviews or studies establishing the security of the information on MSN? As I mentioned in another post, I've been hesitant to sync all my financial info with MS servers, but if there has been any 3rd party validation of security and privacy I may consider it. Thanks! Carlos, Very tempting....., but DON'T DO IT!!! JB "Carlos G" <cgnjunkregDELETE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#ggc5ALUEHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>... > Is anyone aware of any reviews or studies establishing the security of the > information on MSN? As I men...

Outlook Security Settings
When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form I receive the error "Could not load some objects because they are not available on this machine" I click OK and the add button is disabled/doesn't work. I am simply trying to get into the Trusted Code tab so I can add one dll. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:54:03 -0800, Th3man <Th3man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form >I receive the error "Could not load some ob...

WebDav Update Public Folder Contact cannot be Opened by outlook 2000
Exchange Version: 2003 Outlook Version: 2000 with SP3 Problem: I used WebDav to insert / update Public Folder Contact, which is successful. I can navigate to the public folder and see all the items there with correct updates. However, when I click on individual items to view details, I get "can't open this item. you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. see the folder contact or your system administrator microsoft outlook public folder contact" This works with OutLook 2002 and 2003, my company has not and will not upgrade outlook for ...

Business Contact
I have a long list of business contacts sorted by Accounts. Unfortunately, I clicked the Accounts column while in the Business Contacts view, and all those accounts disappeared from the column. The title of the column shows, but nothing is populated or organized based on account. Now, all my contacts are ungrouped (over 3,000). If you click on an individual contact, the person still retains its Linked Account designation, but those accounts are no longer linked and organized via that filter. Can anyone help with bringing back that category to my Business Contacts view? I hope this...

Duplicate Contacts mess
The pc has Office/Outlook 2003 with one user. It was originally configured, for some reason to do with importing, with several data files. To simplify I moved all the messages within Outlook then hid the extra data files in Data File Management. The problem is that there are two Contacts lists. I have it so that one pops up when the Address Book icon is pressed but when I do Rt-Clk Add to Contacts it gets added to the other one, which I assume is part of one of the other .pst files. When I look at the dialogue that is supposed to display a list of Contact folders none is displaye...

Local settings
In my app I need to display and enter values in a (derived CEdit) using ',' or '.' depending on localsettings. Regardless of the setting of 'Control Panel | Regional Options | Numbers | Decimal Symbol' it will use the '.' How can I make sure both possibilities will be handled correctly. If oneone has an example it would help a lot I think Here is a function I wrote to insert comma separaters... This might help. The function takes a "value" and creates a string formatted with commas. In this case I don't use decimals, but this could easily be ...

Unable to see Outlook Free/Busy calendar published locally
Folks, We've upgraded to Outlook 2003 recently and would like to post and share calendars to our own server (not on the net). I cannot for the life of me find this *.vbf file. Also, once data is published...how will I bring up "Fred's" calendar on my screen? Lots of bright ideas....hmmm...guess not. plastic_man1968@yahoo.co.uk (Plastic Man) wrote in message news:<e275250f.0409300230.769f63da@posting.google.com>... > Folks, > > We've upgraded to Outlook 2003 recently and would like to post and > share calendars to our own server (not on the net). &...

Conversion of lotus notes address book to microsoft outlook contacts
I just bought Microsoft Outlook. I have all my addresses in Lotus Notes. Is there a way to import the addresses into Microsoft Outlook contacts? ...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

Local Data Queries Stored? Client or Server?
I have 3 complex queries I need to deploy to 35 users. After creating the 5th one from scratch, I figured the data's gotta be stored somewhere! I looked around in the registry and couldn't find any clues. Where are the local data queries stored? I'm thinking I could copy the queries (update for any unique GUIDs, of course). Thanks. It is stored on server -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Avogadro" wrote: > I have 3 complex queries I need to ...

How do I save Contacts and e-mail to jump drive?
I want to backup, on a jump drive, my Outlook information (contact list and e-mail messages). What is the step by step procedure? "dalejellison" <dalejellison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCB38D5C-D3E4-431B-A6D2-A3ED62956494@microsoft.com... >I want to backup, on a jump drive, my Outlook information (contact list and > e-mail messages). What is the step by step procedure? All your Outlook data is contained in one file, your Personal Folders file or PST. See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- ...