The database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (2000SVR)" has 38 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has terminated.

Hello,

I have a Windows 2000 Server (SP4) Exchange (SP3) Box and the Exchange
Database hit his Limit With this Error.

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	ESE
Event Category:	Space Management
Event ID:	445
Date:		5/13/2004
Time:		6:15:02 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	2000SVR
Information Store (2272) The database D:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb has reached its maximum size of 16383
MB. If the database cannot be restarted, an offline defragmentation
may be performed to reduce its size.

However I did fix the retention policy to 0 and unchecked the
permenantly delete mailboxs after full backup has passed.  The Server
DID an Online Defragmentation and reduced the Size by Half!  This is
the Event ID:

(The database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (2000SVR)" has 8158
megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has terminated)

However this is my Problem now... The Mailbox Store is fine but I am
getting this 1221 for the Public Store.  (FYI-the public folders has
about 40 MB total in them)

Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	MSExchangeIS Public Store
Event Category:	General
Event ID:	1221
Date:		5/14/2004
Time:		4:15:00 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	2000SVR
The database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (2000SVR)" has
38 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has
terminated.

What can I do about this?  The Public Folder Store isn't even that
big.  Will this crash the server, how can I fix this??

Thank you in advance!!!
David

that 1221 message is just telling you how much whitespace is in the
database...how large is the priv.edb?

"David Nelson" <davidpnelson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a Windows 2000 Server (SP4) Exchange (SP3) Box and the Exchange
> Database hit his Limit With this Error.
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: ESE
> Event Category: Space Management
> Event ID: 445
> Date: 5/13/2004
> Time: 6:15:02 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: 2000SVR
> Information Store (2272) The database D:\Program
> Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb has reached its maximum size of 16383
> MB. If the database cannot be restarted, an offline defragmentation
> may be performed to reduce its size.
>

> However I did fix the retention policy to 0 and unchecked the
> permenantly delete mailboxs after full backup has passed.  The Server
> DID an Online Defragmentation and reduced the Size by Half!  This is
> the Event ID:
>
> (The database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (2000SVR)" has 8158
> megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has terminated)
>
> However this is my Problem now... The Mailbox Store is fine but I am
> getting this 1221 for the Public Store.  (FYI-the public folders has
> about 40 MB total in them)
>

> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 1221
> Date: 5/14/2004
> Time: 4:15:00 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: 2000SVR
> The database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (2000SVR)" has
> 38 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has
> terminated.
>
> What can I do about this?  The Public Folder Store isn't even that
> big.  Will this crash the server, how can I fix this??
>
> Thank you in advance!!!
> David

0
susan7353 (1225)
5/14/2004 5:22:24 PM
"If the database cannot be restarted, an offline defragmentation may be
performed to reduce its size."

You need to offline defrag the priv.  This can require up to 18GB of free
space.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"David Nelson" <davidpnelson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a Windows 2000 Server (SP4) Exchange (SP3) Box and the Exchange
> Database hit his Limit With this Error.
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: ESE
> Event Category: Space Management
> Event ID: 445
> Date: 5/13/2004
> Time: 6:15:02 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: 2000SVR
> Information Store (2272) The database D:\Program
> Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb has reached its maximum size of 16383
> MB. If the database cannot be restarted, an offline defragmentation
> may be performed to reduce its size.
>

> However I did fix the retention policy to 0 and unchecked the
> permenantly delete mailboxs after full backup has passed.  The Server
> DID an Online Defragmentation and reduced the Size by Half!  This is
> the Event ID:
>
> (The database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (2000SVR)" has 8158
> megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has terminated)
>
> However this is my Problem now... The Mailbox Store is fine but I am
> getting this 1221 for the Public Store.  (FYI-the public folders has
> about 40 MB total in them)
>

> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 1221
> Date: 5/14/2004
> Time: 4:15:00 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: 2000SVR
> The database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (2000SVR)" has
> 38 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has
> terminated.
>
> What can I do about this?  The Public Folder Store isn't even that
> big.  Will this crash the server, how can I fix this??
>
> Thank you in advance!!!
> David

0
dtown (976)

The database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (2000SVR)" has 38 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has terminated.
Hello, I have a Windows 2000 Server (SP4) Exchange (SP3) Box and the Exchange Database hit his Limit With this Error. Event Type: Warning Event Source: ESE Event Category: Space Management Event ID: 445 Date: 5/13/2004 Time: 6:15:02 PM User: N/A Computer: 2000SVR Description: Information Store (2272) The database D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb has reached its maximum size of 16383 MB. If the database cannot be restarted, an offline defragmentation may be performed to reduce its size. However I did fix the retention policy to 0 and unchecked the permenantly delete mailboxs...