Templates and distribution list membership

For creating user-accounts/mailboxes we use Templates. These are disabled
used accounts with no mailbox and some predefined settings like group
membership. When creating users we copy from this Template.

But when you send mail to a Distribution list, the Template-user is also a
member of the list, and Exchange tries to send the mail to this user. But it
doesn't have a valid address and mailbox, so an error is returned for that
user to one using the Distribution list. This brings up all kinds of
questions.

What's a good way to avoid this ?

0
helpdesk1 (15)

How about using this hotfix and creating rules or event sink for those user
templates to get rid of mail.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903158

DW

"RichardW" wrote:

> For creating user-accounts/mailboxes we use Templates. These are disabled
> used accounts with no mailbox and some predefined settings like group
> membership. When creating users we copy from this Template.
>
> But when you send mail to a Distribution list, the Template-user is also a
> member of the list, and Exchange tries to send the mail to this user. But it
> doesn't have a valid address and mailbox, so an error is returned for that
> user to one using the Distribution list. This brings up all kinds of
> questions.
>
> What's a good way to avoid this ?

0
DW (78)

How can I create a Mailing List?
We need to use CRM for Direct Mail purposes. I used Advanced Find to get the list of contacts that Allow Email. Is it possible to save this information in a form of mailing list for further reference? Out of box, you would have to create "views" in the System customization. If you get the SearchPaq from c360, you are allowed to save groups. Stephen P.S. The second post tonight that I mention c360's seachpaq - I don't work for them! ;-) "Galia" <Galia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93896DA0-5D70-4363-8EC1-1C150FD542EF@microsoft.com....

compare 2 lists #2
I import into Excel 2 reports, One report is today's machine status, the other report is yesterdays machine status. Each report has 2 columns. One column is the machine number. The other is the lot number running on the machine. If the lot number changes during the day, that machine number will show up 2 times, once with the old lot number, and once with the new lot number. The only way to tell which is the new lot number, is to look at the old lot on the machine yesterday. I currently do this manually. Is there a function or functions I can use to automate this? Below is an example. Toda...

Money 2005 Standard payee dropdown list
My list of payees (approx. 30-40) is visible in the payee list but none are there when clicking the dropdown box in the transaction form. Adding a new payee in the dropdown box adds it to the general payee list though. Typing the first letter of a payee will allow the "hidden" payee to appear in the payee field but I wish to see the entire payee list in the dropdown box. Searched settings and setup info without finding solution. The payee list normally shows those payees used in the last year... could any of the ones you don'#t see be ones older that that? It would be...

importr csv into excel template
Hello, I have some data (contents of some tables) from a Oracle database a csv list and would like to inport the data into a predefined exce sheet (template). The sheet contains a structure of tables and the data from csv shoul be imported into these tables. Is it possible to import csv lists into excel and to define identifier for every single csv data of a table? Something like an identifier which could be mapped to a identifie defined within the excel sheet. Sorry I'm a newbie but maybe you have some hints. Thankx, Sve ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Auditing changes to distribution groups
Whenever I add or remove someone from a security group I can find a corresponding eventid between somewhere between # 620-640 with the change. I don't always see this for distribution groups. Sometimes there's no audit logging of these changes. Does anyone know under what event ID and where DL list changes are audit logged? ...

"Theme" and "recently used" font list
How do I change the "theme" and "recently used" font list? "WD2000: How to Turn off the Font Most Recently Used (MRU) List" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199785; for Word 2002, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289506; for Word 2003, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820917. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &g...

Offline Address Lists #2
If I'm in mixed mode with Exchange 2000 and 5.5 and I'm in the process of migrating everything, should I check the 4.0 and 5.0 compatibility box under Recipients/Offline Address Lists? I'm trying to work through an issue where my users, after their mailboxes are moved to the new 2000 Exchange, no longer see the Offline Address Book. I see the Default Offline Address List in my ESM - yet there is no offline address list for my users to download. Thanks, Mark Mark, Pls make sure you OAB Server is also change to exchagen 2000 In ESM\Recipient\Offline Address List>left Panel&...

List Box 01-23-08
I found the property control that will allow me to select several rows of records within my list box. I would like those selected records to print out on a report. How do I distinguish between those that are selected and those that are not and have them print out on a report along with other records that appear on my form? Thanks ...

Modifying default Crystal report template on CRM 1.2
Hi, I recently added a custom schema field in Leads. Now I want the added custom field to show up in the Leads report. After I added the custom field into the report template, when I view the report Crystal Viewer returns an error, "Unable to query". Can anyone help me? Thanks. ...

Distribution Lists, Multiple copies sent?
I recently implemented an exchange server as part of a small business server install for our organization. We had previously hosted mail at our ISP. We had several listserv's there, which i converted to distribution lists by adding the people on the lists to our AD as contacts. When a staff member sends a message to this list, it appears to send multiple times (looks like four or five). What could be the causes of this? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

How to re-insert Windows Mail in the top of the Start Menu list?
Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system, to avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the Start Menu list. The program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an icon on the desktop to access it, but it would be good if it could be restored to its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer link) of the Start menu (what you get when clicking on the encircled Microsoft symbol in the lower left corner of the screen). How should that be done? AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client, ...

Visio: how flip the background template from Port to Landscape?
Visio 2002: Flowchart background template has flipped 90 degrees from landscape to portrait. How do I rotate it back to landscape? Please help.... Problem solved...thanks "nbsnancy" wrote: > Visio 2002: Flowchart background template has flipped 90 degrees from > landscape to portrait. How do I rotate it back to landscape? Please help.... ...

Handling MRU File List
I have an SDI style app that has a list of recently used files on the FILE menu. How do I handle what happens when one of those filenames is selected from the menu ? -- Lordy Lordy wrote: > I have an SDI style app that has a list of recently used files on the > FILE menu. How do I handle what happens when one of those filenames is > selected from the menu ? > > > > MFC's processing of an MRU selection is a subset of the processing of a File Open command. So you probably don't have to do anything to support the MRU list. For both a File Open and a...

Listing 'last used' date
Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants me to try and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables etc., and link a 'last used' date, in order to delete those that are no longer used. Has anyone any ideas about how to go about this? Mike MacKinnon wrote: > Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants > me to try and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables > etc., and link a 'last used' date, in order to delete those that are > no longer used. > > Has anyone any ideas about how to go abou...

where do i get a SIPOC diagram template?
Try http://www.asq.org/sixsigma/tools-exchange/tools-templates.html John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm Visio Wishlist http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07A221F0-E904-49FC-99BE-FA2848A54527@microsoft.com... > On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:45:01 -0800, Carlos <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >where do i get a SIPOC diagram template? Google enter "SIPOC Visio template" gives you...

check numbers in a list
good day excelers,i have 7 columns d:j and 557 rows of seven digit part numbers.what i have to do is check new part numbers against the existing list,(unfortunately they are not in numerical order) and to highlite them if possible.i can put the new part number in columns k2:q2.is there a method to do this.any info will be greatly appreciated. thx wynb -- wynb 1. Select D1:J557. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting. 3. Select "Formula Is" under Condition 1 and put: =COUNTIF($K$2:$Q$2,D1) 4. Press the Format radio button and format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA &...

Canadian Banks not listed!
I just bought Money 2004 'CANADIAN' edition. There are no Canadian Banks listed. I tried following the advice for regional settings and to switch to US and back. None worked. I have searched this newsgroup and have found a number of similar problems posted. I think MS should step up to the plate and tell us if this is a known problem, they are working on it, and wait for the patch. ...

Linked excel template to excel database
I have created an excel template (form) that is linked to an excel database. I would like to add a couple of macros to the form (Save record to database and continue) and one (Save record and exit). When I try to create the macro with the RECORD MACRO, it does not record the dialog box that pops which asked you if you want to create a new recorded in the database. There is no need to save each individual record just the database. I am trying to make it an easy step for those entering the data so all they have to do is hit the macro and not worry about not saving the template (whic...

Accessing Global Address List details with VBA
I have code that reads names from a local Distribution List and looks up the name in the Global Address List. The purpose is to retrieve a few of the details about the user that appear in the properties dialog box ... such as Street Address, City and State. My problem is that I only have Outlook 2003 which apparently does not have the GetExchangeUser object. How can I retrieve these pieces of information without the GetExchangeUser object? Here is my code so far ... which works as long as I have manually selected my local Distribution List. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Empty custom Address List in Outlook
I don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem yet so I'll start here. I created a custom Address List in the Exchange System Manager. I previewed it, and it looks good. When I go into Outlook and switch to that List, it's empty. I checked the security and it's inheriting from the parent. So it has the same permissions as the default Address Lists. Any ideas? Exchange '03 SP1 on Server '03 SP1, using Outlook '02 SP3 Can you check in OWA and see if it's also empty? James Chong MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com mcoppa@gm...

List of Missing checks for year or several months
Please tell me how I can run a report that will list only the missing checks from the register. Thanks. Great question. Hmmm. (Five minutes later he returns...) Nothing obvious appears to me. I know how I'd do it--since I don't see an obvious way to get there in Money--is that I'd pull the transactions for the account into Excel using MoneyLink. Then I'd sort by number, do some formula/copy/paste special values/ (repeat) stuff until I had it down to just unique check numbers. Then I'd do a formula looking for cases where the number is more than the previous number + 1. ...

Template for 17x11 ledger brochure 4 panels each side
Looking for a Publisher template for a brochure, 17 x 11 (ledger) paper, four panels each side. Any help would be appreciated. Best way is to setup your printer for tabloid and then create your brochure. Insert a page for side two. You can take a look at Publisher's built in templates for ideas, but there will not be any templates for tabloid stock. The four panel templates presented in Publisher are usually created on legal stock. If you need help setting up your brochure post back. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tami.z" <Tami.z@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Numbering a list of calculated Rows.......Advice Please
Can anyone advise me how to number the first column of my worksheet. I want the number to automatically increment when I enter the first cell of following row. I do not want this number to be entered manually. I need to be able to delete rows randomly and for the the row numbers to automatically renumber in numerical order with no numerical gaps. For example if I have a column 1,2,3,4,5, and delete 3, I would like the column to automatically renumber as 1234 and not 1,2,4,5. I hope I have explained myself correctly. I have a copy of Excel 2002 InsideOut, but can't find a method to do ...

How to eliminate from Outlook Address Book drop down list
When I create a new message, and select the "To" button, Many categories show up that either I created individual folders in the past in contacts, or the categories no longer exist in my outlook. How do I eliminate those from showing up in the drop down list? Thanks, TJ Go to properties of the ones you want to remove and untick "show this folder as an e0mail adress book". Jet >-----Original Message----- >When I create a new message, and select the "To" button, Many >categories show up that either I created individual folders in the >past in c...

Distributing Changes in Workbook
Hi, This is a newbie question. Suppose a worksheet has been developed and it was distributed to a number of people who have been entering data into their own copies of the workbook. If a change is made in the 'master' worksbook to VBA code or a cell formula to fix a problem, what is the best way to distribute the VBA / formula changes to the different users while allowing them to keep the data in their copies of the workbook? I hope this question makes sense. TIA! This sounds like a good reason to distribute the VBA code as a separate workbook (as an Addin). Then you could just...