Team Folders migration from 5.5 to 2003

Are there any known issues with migrating Exchange/Outlook Team Folders from
Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using PFMigrate? We have many Team Folders on
our older Exchange 5.5 server that we MUST migrate over to Exchange 2003
with full functionality

Thanks,

FastEddie

These are Team Folders created with the Team Folders Wizard? I don't know
whether PFMigrate will migrate the folder home page setting and the custom
form that a couple of the folders use. You may need to handle those
manually.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote in message
> Are there any known issues with migrating Exchange/Outlook Team Folders
> from
> Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using PFMigrate? We have many Team Folders
> on
> our older Exchange 5.5 server that we MUST migrate over to Exchange 2003
> with full functionality
>
> Thanks,
>
> FastEddie

0
suemvp (4038)
2/4/2005 12:35:29 PM
Should work fine.  Here's a kb that list some issues that you may see with
pfs after moving them.  The important question here is, is your exchange
2003 in a different site as your 5.5?  if it is, you'll need to use the SP1
PFmigrate.  I'm sure you figure it out by now. :-)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843107

newsgroup purposes only."

"FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote in message
> Are there any known issues with migrating Exchange/Outlook Team Folders
> from
> Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using PFMigrate? We have many Team Folders
> on
> our older Exchange 5.5 server that we MUST migrate over to Exchange 2003
> with full functionality
>
> Thanks,
>
> FastEddie

0
mencina (41)

exchange 5.5 #30
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 251016 I was trying to following the instructions on how to troubleshoot this issue but the Kb doesn't show you how to resolve this issue. I found all tracking logs but it doesn't show the sender information. Doesn't anyone have a idea where i can find the sender info? Thanks, Al This issue may also occur if a user from the Internet sends an e-mail message to the public folder, and in the client permissions for that folder, the Default item under Name has anything less than Contributor permissions selected under Role. In this case, the NDR...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

Winfax 10 causes an error on Exit of Outlook 2003!!
Hi all Just installed Winfax 10 and since doing so, everytime I exit Outlook 2003 I get an error "Microsoft Office Outllok has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for this inconvenience." I did view the report prepared for sending to MS and there was mention of the Winfax plugin causing the problem. Anyone know of a workaround or perhaps I need to dump Winfax! Regards John Have you checked with Symantec yet to see if they have managed to get WinFax 10 to work with Outlook 2003? It usually takes them several months to bring WinFax up to speed, if they ever ...

No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to do?
No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to=20 do?=B4Can't move mail boxes either... Move Storage group? Can you install or add another hard disk? Drives are cheap now a days. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "John B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1255501c44294$a3ce0f00$a101280a@phx.gbl... No room on partition for more Exchange 5.5 mail ! What to do?�Can't move mail boxes either... Move Storage group? then you need to get another, larger drive and move your database/s to it ...

VC .net 2003 IDE subfolder question
I've been using VC6 for a long time, but finally switched to VC .NET 2003 ... in VC6 I was able to put subfolders within a project. But now I can only place subfolders within a SOLUTION (i.e. subfolders are "outside" of the projects). Is there some way to add a folder within the project? When I say "subfolder" I don't mean Windows directories, I mean just in the classview to visually categorize my classes within a project. My projects are pretty large and I just don't want to have to browse the huge list of classes in class view if I'm only working on a spe...

EXCEL 2003
hi Im performing Logical boolean operations using MS Excel. The only problem is that its displaying result set as "TRUE/FALSE" and I want to have the result in binary. Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? please tell me ASAP. thank "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? =--(A1>A2) returns 1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE. Similarly for =1*(A1>A2) "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

date formulas #5
Please help! I have given an example of part of the spreadsheet i am creating to outline my queery: Report in / Reply due / 1 Sept 2005 / 1 Sept 05 4 Sept 2005 / 18 Sept 05 / 14 Jan 00 / etc, / etc, I have entered the following formula in the 'reply due' column: B1 = A1 + 14 which calculates the date two weeks after the date in the 'report in' column. When i drag the formula down so it applies the entire 'reply due' column the cells aut...

Migrating Mailboxes from one domain to another domain
I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to do something and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I need to migrate user mailboxes from one server to another, easy enough right... well here is where my issues are. server one is in say abc.local domain server two is in say xyz.local domain there are the same users in both domains, with the same naming convention. so to clear that up if i have a user called ttest in domain abc, user ttest is also in xyz. the old administration had seperated these domains due to function and security, but now they want to...

Forward in outlook 2002 / 2003
Hello, I have an e-mail which contains a form. This e-mail must be forwarded to a lot of recipients. I've tested some mail readers, without any problem. But, in MS Outlook 2002 / 2003, when I try to forward the message, the html code changes, converting my <form action='http://xxx' name='f'> into <form>. What I mean is that I lose the essential parameters to send the form. Of course, when I recieve the e-mail forwarded by outlook 2002/2003, and I try to submit the form, it can't be able to send the data, because it have no information about where and how ha...

OE locks up when I select "sent items" folder
I get the permanent hourglass when i click on the "Sent Items" folder. I have tried various steps to resolve, including a SP repair. All updates are installed. Any suggestions. larry Goode wrote: > I get the permanent hourglass when i click on the "Sent Items" > folder. I have tried various steps to resolve, including a SP repair. > All updates are installed. Any suggestions. Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. Y...

Word as Editor in OL 2003
I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. Never mind. "hank" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:OlbM9zNvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a > setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. > Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. > > ...

ADC #5

Unable display folder
Hi, My system can not receive email. I upgrade it from Office 2000 to Office XP. Screen has message: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correcty installed and configured. I need help. Please email me cchen@glbtecx.com or call 949 450 8725. Thank you. .. ...

Blocking forwarding in public folders
Exchange 5.5 I need to create a new public folder which my users and people outside of the company will be posting to. Unfortunately, the data being posted is proprietary and the originator would like us to block the ability of our users to forward the posts outside of the company (for this folder only). Can this be done, and if so, how would I go about doing it. Thank you. that would not be easy, if it's even possible...if people have the rights to view the folder contents, and they also have rights to send/receive Internet email, I don't see how you could stop them from forwarding...

Exchange 2003 All Address Lists
In Exchange 2003, under System Manager | Recipients | All Address Lists, I do not want users in Outlook to able to see the default address lists: All Contacts, All Groups, All Users, Public Folders. I would rather create my own Address Lists which contain specific grouping of users. What is the best way to go about this? For example, should I delete the default address lists, and create my own? Yes you can do that. When you say "Groups", let's clarify something. You cannot filter them based on AD domain group membership. You must use an LDAP filter to identify groups...

2003 Ntbackup and Exchange 5.5
Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? Thanks in advance. You need to install the Exchange 5.5 admin program on the Win2003 box. This wouldn't be a supported config E55/Win2K3. "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote in message news:1148396571.906986.74070@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > > Thanks in advance. > On 23 May 2006 08:02:52 -0700, "Nate" <nnord@maxitd.com> wrote: >Possible? Anyone doing this? Any issues? > >Thanks in advance. Possibly not supported. The 5.5 admin is not...

Administrating an Upgraded Exchange 2003 Server..
This is really a preliminary enquiry... I have to perform an "in-place upgrade" of an existing Exchange 2000 Standard server, this is to take advantage of the max 75GB database size limit offered by Exchange 2003 Server SP2. I have performed a lab upgrade of a test 2000 Exchange Server and it worked perfectly, very straightforward it was too! My problem is that a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) communicates with the existing Exchange 2000 box and the BES box has Exchange 2000 Server Manager installed and working on it. The Blackberry people have posed the question ...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

Exchange 5.5: Reply to all mails send to a specific domain
After merging with another company we want to inform all mail senders about the domain name change. I think with Exchange 2000 an event sink could handle that. I'm looking for an Exchange 5.5 solution. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Manfred On 10 May 2005 01:25:58 -0700, "magriii" <magriii@gmail.com> wrote: >After merging with another company we want to inform all mail senders >about the domain name change. I think with Exchange 2000 an event sink >could handle that. I'm looking for an Exchange 5.5 solution. Any ideas >are greatly appreciated. > &...

OE to Outlook 2003
Hi everyone! I don't need newsgroups anymore...so....I am changing from using OE to Outlook. After importing all of my personal folders, etc. from OE I want to get rid of OE Identities that are taking up over 5GB of space on my drive. How do I do this? Can I just delete them or is there a process that I need to follow so I don't destroy XP or other apps? -- drumfreak One you've got everything in Outlook that you wanted, then you can remove your account configuration from OE via Tools-> Accounts... Any remaining data files from OE (like dbx-files) can then be dele...

Office 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am unable to view my received email messages in the Reading Pane; there is nothing in the pane but “from, to, and the subject”. The reader is blank where the message should be. I know that there is a button somewhere that I need to push. Can someone help me? ...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

Problem with CSocket.Create() on windows 2003
Hii i'm creating a CSocket object and calling its Create Method in a DLL and call this dll from an asp page..but i get an exception on Create(). This only happens with Windows 2003. the code is working fine with windows 2000 server. Also when i created a simple MFC dialog based application (exe) and called .Create() for it there..it worked fine even on 2003. Can someone please tell me if there is any issue with the CSockets in windows 2003 calling in a dll and how can it be resolved. I've also tried using CAsyncSocket but the problem persists. Any help is appreciable. Thanx and regard...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Install Problem
Hi, I've experienced this problem with three different SBS 2003 servers. When I install Exchange 2003 SP2 it fails to stop the EXIFS service and this causes the installation to fail. I did think it could be related to GFI Mail Essentials or Security but I've uninstalled both and it still fails. Any ideas? Thanks, Joe On Fri, 5 May 2006 14:25:29 +0100, "Spenceley" <joe@response-it.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >I've experienced this problem with three different SBS 2003 servers. > >When I install Exchange 2003 SP2 it fails to stop the EXIFS service...

Upgrade Excel 2003 to 2007 = loads of #div/0
There is a strange behaviour in my Worksheet since the upgrade from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. As soon as I "touch" some cells in the sheet, I get loads of #div/0 errors in some cells. Holding F9 (forcing calculations) until all cells have been calculated, solves the problem. When the problem occurs, the first offending cell has a simple subtraction, (three cells, one of them has a fixed 0 value), no divisions. Calculation option is set to Automatic. Can someone explain what's happening? This is not how Excel 2007 behaves. I would seem you have a corrupt w...