tasks to cell phone

How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when
f.e.
this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone.

0
fwitkowski (13)

On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner"
<fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote:

>How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when
>f.e.
>this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone.

If you're using a Smartphone you can sync tasks already with
ActiveSync.
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/14/2005 8:03:40 PM
"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote:

>On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner"
><fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when
>>f.e.
>>this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone.
>
>If you're using a Smartphone you can sync tasks already with
>ActiveSync.

Has to be Smartphone running Windows Mobile 5 though and the
server has to be Exchange 2003 SP2.

Otherwise, you have to be docked locally to sync tasks to Outlook
which in turn sync to Exchange.
--
_____________________________________
Ed Hansberry

0
fwitkowski (13)

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

Cell contents-display extends into next cell (???)
Hello, all [=D What's probably a very simple format-setting has got me baffled.... I was copying some columns & then pasting them (paste special > values) into a fresh worksheet, in order to get rid of all the tick marks at the beginning of the cells. The tick marks are gone. But now, for some reason I can't figure out, in the column's cells on the new sheet--in a column formatted as General-- when there's too much text to fit into their own column, it's extending into the neighboring cell. For example, if Column A is 75 pixels wide, and I happen to have 85 pixel...

How can I modify these cells?
I have a column of data that contains "Franklin Fund - Dividend Earned" in each cell. Is there a way to remove the "- Dividend Earned" from each cell without manually editing individual cells? MANY years ago there was a spreadsheet called QuattroPro which, IIRC, had a way to highlight a 'column within a column' and delete it. Of course I can do it manually but it will be a big time consumer. Thanx! Vic Baron -- There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't "Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote i...

Cell can left indent; anything for right side of cell?
Is there a way to leave more space between the end of a word and the right side of the column? I indented the left side of the column by using the indent option set to "1" in the alignment tab of the formatting box. Besides adding an extra column to the end of the row and making it very small in width and extending the border to that extra "spacer" column, is there a way to make this space? My spreadsheet is done and if I have to do this, I'll have tons of work re-writing code. I was going to use Word for the final presentation of the data, but it didn't work ou...

how do I change cell references automatically in formulas
In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns. Each week I add a new row. I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the first row to the last.. Each week I have to change the data range to reflect the new last row for each chart. Is there someway I can do this automatically? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "jnw3" <jnw3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3551F9-FBC6-4841-95B4-618AB1893190@micros...

If date in this cell is 3/1/06 then in this cell I want Wednesday
Is this possible? Say I have a worksheet and I have the date in one cell. With that, would I be able in another cell, have some type of code that says if cell A1 is this date, to reference the Windows calender or another function, then place the actual day in this cell. -- right click on mouse click on format cells numbers tab custom enter dddd in box this will give you Wednesday -- davesexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31708 View this thread: ...

Defining same name for cells in different sheets
Does anyone know the answer to this one? I want to give the same range name to the same cell reference in a series of worksheets. I find I can do this by pre-defining all my range names on a "master" worksheet and making several copies of the sheet (try it, it works!) But let's say I have done this, and entered all my data on the sheets I have created, and suddenly realize I need another range name. I haven't found any way to define a new range name and apply it to the same range on several sheets. This is not the same as a 3-D reference, which I tried. (3- d referenci...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

Alternating cell shading colors for every other merged cell
I am trying to get every other merged row to be a certain cell shading color. There is some discussion in the newsgroups about alternating colors for every row, but in my case I had merged cells and the formulas given didn't turn out right on my tables since they were based on the row numbers. Does anyone know how to have alternating cell colors for merged rows? (the merged rows are random sizes) Thanks. Not an answer to your question I'm afraid, but just for info, most people in here steer clear of merged cells like the plague - they tend to cause far more problems than they ever se...

I have a problem with some calculations in a spreadsheet. I have some numbers that have functions tied to them to figure out the value I want to show... Example.... Cell B30 SUM(ROUND(B28,3)*B29 I now have other cells H20 = B30 H19 = H15 H23 = h20 - h19. All cells are showing a currency format. But when you do the subtraction the H23 shows something different (Looks like a rounding issue).... It is simple I want to calculate what is shown in the cell. What do I need to do to do this? Thanks, Rog ...

Can Comments be automatically converted to text cell values?
I have a large number of cells with Comments. I'd like to basically convert the Comments to text values in cells (in a column right next to the cells that have the Comments). Is there a function or other tool for doing this in Excel 2000? Hi Tom, You can use a User Defined Function to do that. Cell Comments http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#mycomment --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "t...

Populate phone call activity info into a case
Since it does not appear that you can open a case from a phone activity, is there a way to create a rule that: 1. Open a case with the sender(caller), subject, and details of the call populated. 2. Open a case and will allow a user to choose another user to assgin this case to. 3. Send an email to the new case owner with the details of the case (better yet, with a case hyperlink) Unless there are better ways to achive this. I know about several add-ons but not ready to buy any of them now. My personal bias is that phone call activities are fairly useless. As the case offers a large tex...

can't close (complete) tasks
Hello, I am getting the following error when trying to close (as completed) tasks: Server was unable to process request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception c...

task manager
Hello, my friend got a virus I think aviraplatinum2010 and there is no way to get access to System in control panel, or internet or Task Manager or the dos box it will open and close as fast. There is no way that it will read from cd or dvd rom and it will not access usb key. He is pretty screwed in my opinion. He has an HPpentium4 with XP with regular updates. How can I get access to Task Manager: I tried ctr-alt-del and crt-shift-esc. There must be a way to get access to it. thank you How about trying from Safe mode? From the Windows Help: To start the computer ...

Can I use the grouping and lock and protect cells
I want to be able to make some cells so that they cannot be chaned and also use the grouping? Hi bfisher Read this from Dave Peterson If you protect the worksheet in code, you can do more things Add this to a general module: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember it after closing the workbook.) (you could use the workbook_open even under ThisWorkbook, too.) I...

Selecing cntrl + arrow key to move to next populated cell
Hi, This bugs me about excel, and it leads to mistakes, so I thought I'd ask: When I select Control key plus the arrow key, I thought this skipped all blank cells and took you to the next populated cell. What I've found however is that it sometimes ignores cells with content, and my cursor goes to the bottom of the sheet, leading me to believe that a column is empty when it is not. Why does excel do this? does it depend on the data type of the data in the column? please help, I can't figure it out. thanks, Craig Ctrl-Down (for example) If the active cell is: Empty - goes...

Changing color of many cells and borders at once
Hello, could someone please help with this I have one basic template I use, this template has a number of clones for each of our individual customers with there own comapny colors for the font and borders. Problem is the base template s always being improoved, so after a number of changes are done the ss must then be reporduced for each customer by changing each cell, border, lines etc to their own company color. I would like to produce some code or procedure to do this quickly or do once and then just rerun the code each time. I was thinking the way to do it would be to create the code t...

Can you filter or sort by a cell's formatting? #2
Can you filter or sort by the formatting of a cell - these were formatted manually and do not have conditional formatting applied to them - thanks You can even use a UserDefined Function that can return the colorindex. Chip Pearson has a nice function at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm MalibuinthePeg wrote: > > Can you filter or sort by the formatting of a cell - these were formatted > manually and do...

change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart
When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Hi Momo, >When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my >column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first >column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Because Excel does not work with the data cell formatting for its graphs but only with the data cells volumes... BTW: Afaik you can not use different colors within the x...

Task alarms going off way too early
I have set up some recurring tasks with alarms, but I am having trouble getting them to behave. For example, I have a task that is supposed to have a pop-up reminder every Saturday. Well it popped up this morning with the message that it was due in 4 days. I have checked the settings, they are set for a weekly task, beginning last Sat and continuing indefinitely with an alarm at 8:00am each Sat. This pop-up is not showing an overdue task that I forgot to clear, it is showing something several days early. Am I setting something up incorrectly, or is this related to syncing my Sony Clie, or...

Linking cells in a worksheet to other worksheets in a workbook
I'd like to be able to link a cell in one worksheet to another worksheet, so that when I click on the cell in the first worksheet, the other worksheet opens up. I have a spreadsheet where the first page (worksheet) has a listing of items contained in other tabs (worksheets). I'd like to be able to click on the first worksheet "index" and have the appropriate worksheet pop open with the contents of the index. Thanks for your responses! (In Excel 2003) Select a cell to which you would like to add a link. Select Insert->Hyperlink. Click the "Place in this doc...

Undeliverable...554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter
When sending an email message, a user gets: Alert message says: A mail message was not sent due to a protocol error. 554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter - cyber.net.pk Sender receives this notification: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Receiver Name Here (E-mail) on 9/26/05 11:47 AM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxxxxx;l=xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx MSEXCH:IMS:xxxxx:xxxxx:xxxxx (xxxxx) 554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter - cyber.net.pk The Word file mentions a person's email address with cyber.net.pk as ...

3.0
System Environment: W2003 Server SQL 2000 CRM and SQL on different servers Two errors: Duration and Subject. Have searched here and in the CRM KB (Customer Source) . We exhausted our included Software Assurance Support Cases resolving issues that were not fixed by the hotfix fix. In the user's own words: Outlook 2003 SP2 CRM Laptop Client (3.0.053) Goal: Create a Task within Outlook, Save, and Close the task within Outlook. Process: 1 - Open Outlook and click the Create New Task icon in the CRM Toolbar. 2 - Click the Regarding button and select the Case I want to associate the Tas...

how do I merge 2 cells in excel without loosing data
how to merge two colums? one contains text rows the other contains numeric data without loosing any of the data this means merging the data also thanks for your help Try Debra's nice coverage at her: http://www.contextures.com/xlCombine01.html She also provides some examples of how to format the numeric data part when it's combined with text under the "Formatting Examples" section - scroll down towards the end of the page -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "wimmat" <wimmat@discussions.micro...