tail or other realtime monitors for SMTPSVC exyymmdd.log files?

I'm trying to find an inexpensive way to spot-check / monitor the
various log files in realtime for my Exchange environment of 2000 and
2003.

I have tried a handful of "tail" implementations and all of them seem
to work to a certain degree but none of them are able to successfully
keep monitoring the text files that Exchange updates as part of the
SMTPSVC.

I'm using the W3C format and when I "tail" these files, it won't keep
updating properly as new data is appended to the end of this file.

Is anyone else monitoring their logs in realtime and if so, what
utilities have you had great luck with?

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

Log Font Width Problem
Hi, I used to create font using different width than the default one. I opened the text having width factor 120% than a normal one of 100%. I gets the current width factor using the screen devicecaps and lfwidthfactor and all. But i didn't get the correct output. when i zoomed in or zoomed out my device contests. pls help me regarding this issue. srVas, Widths are a really bad way of measuring fonts, height is what you should use - or actually measuring the string you want to output. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "srVas" <it_srini@gawab.com> a �crit dans le ...

.jpg files in outlook 98
I am sending a picture via software that is set up as a .jpg file. But Outlook 98 somehow converts it to a .bitmap file upon receiving. Is there a setting to have it stay as a .jpg file? Any help would be wonderful..thx! ...

Workbook file size increasing
A file was created in XL 97 (I think) currently being opened & saved in XL 2002. It has one sheet. It contains a roster with employee names in cells A2 - A20 and dates for the month B1, C1 etc through to AF1. In some cells there is a 'X' to indicate that the employee is to work that date. Each cell has a border and some have shading (to indicate weekends). Each month the file is updated to show the new roster and the 'X's' for each person are moved into differing cells. The file is saved. No additional data is added. The file in July was 3.6MB, now its 5.4MB!...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

Contacts File Link?
I have several computers on a home network and WLM does a fine job of keeping the contacts in sync on all the computer. I am giving one of the systems to a friend. What is the best way to un-sync the contacts file on the system that I am giving away so they can have there own contacts file? Uninstall WL and reinstall with a new WL ID or Passport? Create a new Windows user. Remove the old user. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2099F8C5-9BCE-4229-A3D2-5187C1F4FFF9@microsoft.com... > I have several...

Export to Text Files Based on Field Value
I have an Access table with personal information (e.g., first name, last name, birth date, etc.) for thousands of people. The table is sorted by state. I want to be able to run a macro on that table that will create separate pipe delimited text files for each state with all fields included. Any help would be appreciated? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201005/1 Instead of exporting the table, export a query based on the table. You will have to have some code that loops through the states and modifies the quer...

Embedded Gif files saving
Does anyone know if the new outlook 2003 supports the saving of embedded gifs and Jpeg files to anything other than a bitmap file? ...

How to import Eudora files into Outlook
I've searched the forum, and everyone seems to have already been able to bring their old Eudora files into Outlook. I am now trying to do this but cannot figure out how. I'm not even sure exactly where to find my Eudora files, much less get them over to Outlook 2007. Can someone help me here. My hard drive crashed last Friday and I have rebuilt a new one except for my email program. I have been using Thunderbird temporarily, but I really don't like it. My Eudora files are saved to a hard drive and Thunderbird imported them with no problem. But I can't for the life of me figur...

Excel example files
I teach an excel class at a local school and need to find some files that I can use to test the students. This is a basic class and was wondering if anyone knows if Microsoft or some other site may have files that I can use as quiz material. Thanks Hi Dig what topics exactly were you hoping these files would cover? how are you planning to use them. i've probably got some you could have if you'ld like to be a touch more specific. Cheers JulieD "Dig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b8d01c486b9$a637c100$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I tea...

Is there a way to extract files from the Off line files cache
I have a laptop that used to be a member of a SBS 2003 domain and was utilizing folder redirection of My Documents. The laptop was never reconfigured to remove it from the domain and the user continued to use the domain login. Since that time (about a year ago), the computer and user were removed from the SBS domain. So far so good, the user on the laptop was happy.. Today, the laptop was worked on and was removed from the domain. Now, the question is, where are the files that used to be in My documents? I beleive they are cached in the Offline files folder (C:\wind...

File Stuck In Outbox
I have a 6 MB file that can not be sent or deleted from my inbox. I followed the "Assistance" suggestions on the MS web site but had no luck. Any idea? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/...

Saving .csproj files
Any help would be appreciated for the following problem. I've already spent a day at this, and enough is enough. I'm writing a ORM program. and in the process of running it against a database, I'm creating dozens of classes. I want to insert these classes into the .csproj file automatically. I can do it just fine manually, and I can do it also programatically up to the point that I save the XmlDocument object. At that point, for some Redmond reason, the XmlDocument.Save method insists on writing an xmlns="" attribute to the node. This causes Visual Studio to puke upon t...

How to delete a .mny file...
I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely transfer. I repeated the import and opened a new Money file (with a new name.) This time it went smoothly. Simple question: can I just delete the old Money file I first created? Is it as simple as going to "my computer" and deleting the appropriate .mny file? Thanks for any response. EL In microsoft.public.money, EL wrote: >I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and >for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely >...

Multi file filter and add question
We have eight excel files each containing 12 sheets with 33 names on each sheet (296 names per file) The same names feature in each of the files. We record daily/weekly payments against each name and we are trying to pull the total that each person has paid, from the eight files, as we need to transfer this figure into one new system. We are planning to manually total all of the entries over the eight sheets but I wondered whether it would be possible to do this automatically. Can anyone tell me is it possible to do this and if so how? Thank you Try Pivot Table on each sheet and combin...

Shared files losing data! Help!
I have several excel 2000 files (they were originally created in excel 97) which are shared, by several users (5-8) and they all have permission to change the cells. The track changes is setup to keep history for 365 days. These files have been working fine since 2001. In the last few months, the users have reported missing data sporadically, and recently is occuring more often and now they are reporting that some times when they hit the save button, they see a worksheet disappeared. FACT 1: I have discovered that the users have never "accepted or rejected Changes" since t...

convert or open .pub file
I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I do not have publisher, any ideas on how to open it, and readers that I can download. No trial is offered for this program to download? I tried acrobat distiller (microsoft said it would work) but it dosent work thank corey corey wrote: > I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I > do not have publisher, any ideas on how to > open it, and readers that I can download. ================================= Best bet would be open it in the Publisher version that created it. There are no Publisher viewers. Here's some info you ma...

What files are run to open an attachement?
We are securing out PCs with GPO in win2k. We have created a list of programs that the users can run, excel.exe, outlook.exe, and so on. When a user double clicks and attachment they receive a restrictions error becasue an exe is being called on that is not permitted. Does anyone now the exe that is trying to run? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks Adrian. It definitely sounds like you are preventing access to one or more drives. Please see if either of the two previously mentioned KB articles help resolve the problem by redirecting the temporary location for extracting attachme...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

Maintaining formats of files
I have an issue with Excel "letting go" of formats when the file is moved. Of course the file links to other files, but if I want to send one of the files, or even open the file when the others are not open all of the percentages revert back to decimals, chart axis tables go nuts, etc. Is there any way to break a link with another file and maintain the format? THANKS! How are you saving your files? Are they really excel workbooks (*.xls) or something else (maybe .csv)??? Craig wrote: > > I have an issue with Excel "letting go" of formats when the file is m...

XML and Large FIle (Append)
It is my understanding that in order to append XML to a file you would have to read the file in as an XML document and insert the node. However, what if the file is close to 1GB in size? Would you require > 1GB of RAM to deal with reading this file in efficiently? Also, is XML an optimal solution when files get this large? I know I can solve my issue by formatting the records contained in my program into a comma delimited format which would make working with the file easier. However, I can't deny some of the benefits that having an XML file with my data would bring. Any thoughts? ...

How to accomodate the blankspaces in a file
Hi Continuing with the file and read/write aspect, i would like to know 1. When i get data from many edit boxes into a file i get data that has been obtained via GetWindowText I would like to get the whole data ie including the Blankspaces say An address has a MAX value of 30 char but in my edit box i give only 10 char, i need to add the BLANKSPACES into the Text file where iam storing it..///....How do i do that??? CString Item; m_Edit.GetWindowText(Item); //truncate everything past 30 chars Item = Item.Left(30); //now if Item has less than 30 chars then //this line will add as many spa...

Help with Links to Files
Hello, I have a file in Word 97-2003 compatibility mode. When I select the Office Button / Prepare I see an option to Edit Links to Files. If I convert the file to 2007 format the option for Edit Links to Files is no longer there. Where did they go? thanks, mitch This is strange. The Edit Links to Files option should be available even if you save in Word 2007 format. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently break the link to the automation object? You could press Alt+F9 to see that the field code for the object is still intact. (Note that you can only see the field co...

unable to read file #14
is the message when i try to open an excel file Is it a particular excel file, or all excel files? It it is just one, you are probably dealing with a corrupt file. To recover it, try starting a new instance of excel, choosing the Data - Import menu function, and importing the corrupt file's data into a new sheet. -- crispbd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10880 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274583 Any file or all files?...