System attendant won't start after Exchange SP3

Hello,

I will appreciate it if someone can help. I am running an exchange 2000
enterprise server on a windows 2000 server SP4. After installing exchange
SP3, service attendant crashes on startup. I applied SP3 hot fix, but the
problem remains the same. Event viewer error log 9149 and 1005 are logged.

Thanks

Olu

0
News

Try looking a

http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9149&eventno=1228&source=MSExchangeSA&phase=1

Whenever you have an error in the evnet logs, check out http://eventid.net
for some very good advice. It's free, but you can subscribe for  small fee
and some extras. I subscribe just because it's an invaluable tool and I want
to do my part to ssee that they continue....

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"News" <news@m.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I will appreciate it if someone can help. I am running an exchange 2000
> enterprise server on a windows 2000 server SP4. After installing exchange
> SP3, service attendant crashes on startup. I applied SP3 hot fix, but the
> problem remains the same. Event viewer error log 9149 and 1005 are logged.
>
> Thanks
>
> Olu

0
rasilon1 (689)
8/29/2004 10:18:32 AM
Thanks Hank, I already tried eventid, but no luck still. Any other idea will
be appreciated
"Hank Arnold" <rasilon@aol.com> wrote in message
> Try looking a
>
> http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9149&eventno=1228&source=MSExchangeSA&phase=1
>
> Whenever you have an error in the evnet logs, check out http://eventid.net
> for some very good advice. It's free, but you can subscribe for  small fee
> and some extras. I subscribe just because it's an invaluable tool and I
> want to do my part to ssee that they continue....
>
> --
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold
>
> "News" <news@m.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I will appreciate it if someone can help. I am running an exchange 2000
>> enterprise server on a windows 2000 server SP4. After installing exchange
>> SP3, service attendant crashes on startup. I applied SP3 hot fix, but the
>> problem remains the same. Event viewer error log 9149 and 1005 are
>> logged.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Olu

0
News

Starting a dialog box minimized
I would like my dialog-based application to start up with the dialog box minimized. One of the properties of the main window in a window-based application is to start minimized but that property isn't present for the dialog box. I've looked through the various messages but the only ones I see are ones that are sent to the window when it gets minimized - none to tell it to minimize. Ive tried placing "PostMessage(WM_SIZE, SIZE_MINIMIZED, 0);" in my "xxx::OnInitDialog()" function but that doesn't do it. How should this be done? Thanks, Ray Mitchell ...

Can Exchange messaging sessions be saved for posterior auditing?
Hi all, We just started to use Exchange Messaging in our enterprise. It looks to become a very useful tool for management. It has the advantage of the written word. You can see what was written before so it is potentially auditable. My boss is asking me if is it possible to save a log of everything that is written on the service. I remember icq had this very useful thing. Is possible to save a log on the server of everything that is written by the users? Is it any vendor with such a solution? Thanks in advance Sammy On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:03:27 -0600, "SammyBar" <samm...

still problem in Exchange server 2003
Dear All, I was posted the below message before some days and infact unfortunately no solution tell now the new thing I want to say that the problem solved for 3 days and come back again without any changing also I want to say that the queue nothing strainge in it except that our message status is alot of them have " Retry" and the result is failur and the log of my event viewer has a lot of event :The connection was dropped by the remote host.as below and I don't want to reinstall my alone exchange server 2003. so please Help by details even it diffecult but it will be sooooooo...

Email router doesn't start (Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemS
Hi I get this message in the event log when trying to restart the mscrm email router service. This was working until a day ago but not anymore. I have looked at the actual file and there is nothing in it like no data - 0KB. I have repaired email router but no luck.. any ideas what else i could pelase try. Regards Snow White Have you tried to restart the "Microsoft CRM Email Router" service on server? are you not able to access email router configuration ? Btw are we talking about CRM 4.0? /Aamir Hi Aamir this is crm 4.0 Yes i have tried to restart the service and the error...

Can't intall Exchange 2003 SP1 using /disasterrecovery switch
Hi, I am testing a disaster recovery on my test environment. My domain is a Windows 2003 child domain, therefore my Exchange 2003 SP1 also in an administrative group (meaning, I don't have permission at Org level). I reinstalled the Windows 2003, restored the system state, applied hotfixes and then successfully reinstalled Exchange 2003 in disaster recovery mode. However, when I tried to install the Exchange SP1 using disaster recovery I failed, I got error message that "Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services can not be assigned disaster recovery switch. Because: This is the...

McAfee Groupshield 5 for Exchange 5.5
Anyone still using this? Anyone willing to send me screenshots of the various tabs in the properties dialog? Cheers. ...

Exchange 2003 from SBS 2003
Hi there, Sounds stupid, I know, but just wanted to confirm Exchange 2003 that comes with SBS 2003 has exactly the same configuration, administration etc. as the stand alone product (I know setup can't be the same, as it's part of the SBS overall install routine). Thanks! Daniel Hello Daniel, product is the same as the exchange standart edition, with just some restrictions by the small business server packet and the additional pop3 connector, which is missing in the standart and enterprise version. Regards Roger "Daniel Mendes" <danielmendes@globo.com> schrieb...

Send from exchange mailbox alias email addresses
I want to "send from" an alias email address. Example, admin@123.com (set as primary), admin@abc.com Exchange 2003, recipients policy accepts these domain names. So if you send to either email the admin@123.com will get the emails. I can receive, but now I want to send as one of my alias email addresses. I open outlook, I have my "from filed" showing in the email, in the "from field" I want the email to come from one of my alias addresses; I type it in, outlook resolves to my primary email address, first problem. So I create a "contact" with ...

System.xml.xmlnode class and XSD file
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. I've done other web consuming client programs for services that passed datatables. This service i am trying to consume has it's function type as system.xml.xmlnode. When i added the web service, i thought it would generate an XSD for me, but it did not. It did for previous programs. I'm not sure if is supposed to. The service i am trying to consume is at: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx...

Automatic Legal Disclaimer on all outbound emails exchange
Hello. I am currently using a trial application to attach a Legal Disclaimer on our of outbound email. It's the GFI mail essentials. Is there a way I can do this straight from exchange without having to use this 3rd party software? Is there any freeware out there that will do the same? My trial is about to end and I also don't like the spam features of this GFI tool. I am trying to have this message on all outbound emails. This message is a PRIVATE communication. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, or use it, and do not disclose it to others....

How to get formulas starting from the referenced cells
Hi all, I've cells on a sheet which are referenced by formulas which are on different sheets (about 20) on the same workbook, and I'm looking for a way to get all these formulas. I've tried: 1) The Trace command, but I see only a table icon every time I've this type of reference 2) The Find command, but there are cell references wrote in different manners (ie B2, $B2, B$2, $B$2), and formulas which refer to results of other formulas that refer to the cells, so it's not so simple to trace all the dependencies Any help is appreciated Thanks Dario I'm not sure I full...

Outlook 2000 "Out of memory or system resources" problems
OS: Win XP Pro CPU/Ram: 1.3M Presario Laptop 256MB RAM I run Win XP Pro on Pentium 1.3M with 256MB Ram, I'm getting "out of memory or low in system resources" error while using OUTLOOK 2000. Some folders don't open and and I can't move items between folders. This started just 1 week ago. I've tried updating Office to with SR1 update. It was successful though I got one error "cannot apply patch to C:\config.msi\pt472.tmp....." saying patch may have been applied by other setup... I've tried reinstalling my McAfee virusscan, repairing office(whic...

auto start up and turn off
i'm researching about installation or configuration.. we are developing a pos program. our client wants to run the program when he turns the computer, and when he close that program computer must be turned off... i heard that when we install windows with script file, we could make that happen. anybody know any articles or instruction about this? Jake you can add the POS executable (exe file) in the startup directory for all users - this will launch the POS program when computer is turned on -- I don't know if you can get windows to shut down when an executable is terminated - ma...

Outlook 2003 sp3
Outlook 2003 sp3 Is there a way to set up a reoccurring date, like Christmas Day, so that is shows every December 25th, no start date? "Kevin Zawicki" <numberjack@wi.rr.com.nospam4me> wrote in message news:%23XLAJC7oKHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 sp3 > Is there a way to set up a reoccurring date, like Christmas Day, so that is > shows every December 25th, no start date? Every recurring calendar event must have a start date, but you can make it as early as you want. Personally, I don't see much use for creating an event who...

Error creating Distribution group SBS 2003/Exchange 2003
When I try and create a mail enabled dist group I get an error message that "Exchange could not create public folder" Then if I choose OK it says "Do you want to keep this dist group?" I have tried everything I can think of. We have to create these folders ASAP. How can I troubleshoot this? I tried network monitoring but that didn't help - unless I am doing something wrong. SBS and Exchange on same server obviously. Dan "Danno" <Danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try and create a mail enabled dist group I get an error message tha...

2 domain 2 forest but 1 exchange 2003
What is the best setup? I have 2 domains in 2 forest. Its 2 separate compagny but now i merge all. How can i merge 2 domain in 1 domain. After i setup exchange on this domain and its ok for all user. On 2 Jun 2006 19:39:04 -0700, "MeTa" <bmartinp@gmail.com> wrote: >What is the best setup? I have 2 domains in 2 forest. Its 2 separate >compagny but now i merge all. How can i merge 2 domain in 1 domain. >After i setup exchange on this domain and its ok for all user. Do you want to end up with one forest or do you need to retain the two? I prefer 1 forest for the glo...

revert to non-exchange email...
Hello, I have a client that is not sure that they want to go to exchange... Long story. So I have on of the users on exchange, with his files in exchange. Since the other users are in the domain are not using exchange, they don't get his emails. For the time being I need to pull his folders out of exhange, and put him back in his .pst file. At a later date I will move the everybody to exchange. What is the method to take the users data out of exchange back to his .pst? Use ExMerge to dump mailbox to a PST. Delete the mailbox (not the user account) in ADUC. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - E...

Files opening at start-up
I just got a new computer and was setting up defaults in Excel, and I mistakenly entered 'My Documents' in the Tools/Options/General field for "At startup, open all files in." So when I start Excel it tries to open EVERY file in My Domuments and I have to use Task Manager to kill it. I opened in Safe Mode to change that option, but that doesn't seem to work. (Ie, when I open Excel again in regular mode it goes back to opening every file.) Is there another way to fix this? THanks! Andrew Can you use Windows Explorer to rename that "my Documents" folder, then ...

system and hardware
can anyone recommand on the system and hardware requirements for 1000 and 2000 users deployment for ms crm 4.0? is there a document for the recommanded architecture as well? There's one for 500 concurrent here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3bf7ecda-7eaf-4f1c-bbfe-cae19bc8bb78&displaylang=en Dave Ireland "CRM Chief" <CRMChief@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31D356A7-603E-4856-B5F8-0BBC8EDC7768@microsoft.com... > can anyone recommand on the system and hardware requirements for 1000 and > 2000 users deployment for...

Money 2005 start-up error 12-13-09
After the most recent update, I am now getting an error message from 2005 standard, that it encountered an internal error and has to close. There no re-store function to previous install/update. Any idea what to do? I am receiving the same exact problem on two different PC's here. One PC has Vista and one has XP, so I am assuming this is a Microsoft problem and not one of either of the individual PC's I'm working on. Any guidance would be extremely helpful. "squirrel" wrote: > After the most recent update, I am now getting an error message from 2005...

exchange 2005 removal tips
I need to remove the first (of two) exchange server from a domain due to a rebuild need. What steps should I take to ensure everything has been replicated to the other exchange server? I saw this link in another post, but it targets pre-2003 exchange servers. TIA ... Chris http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931 I assume this is for Exch 2003 and not Exch 2005. :) On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:27:05 -0800, "chawk" <chawk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to remove the first (of two) exchange server from a domain due to a >rebuild need...

Updates will not load SP3
Office Updates will not load any updates. There was a 90-day trial version of Office 2003 installed when I acquired the computer. I uninstalled it so that I could load Works Suite 2001 and Publisher 2000 which I already owned. Publisher version is SR1, but SP3 will not load. I think the same problem exists for Word 2000 in Works Suite. What do I have to delete in order to get the updates to work for the 2000 versions I installed after uninstalling the trial version of Office 2003. I get the notice that a more recent update has already been applied even though it has not when I try...

Exchange pop3 does not respond
Windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 sp1 Macafee Groupshield We when shutdown the server and bring it back up the pop3 will not accept connections from clients and does not generate a Error. When you check the services the pop3 is running, but when you go to stop restart just the pop3 service it will fail to start and just show starting in the status. We must then reboot the server again, wait for all the services to start up then stop IIS and its dependency (which include pop3) restart those dependencies then restart pop3 and it works. However, today we did manage to get a error. Event ...

How Do I Troubleshoot Exchange?
I have re-booted both Client and Server, all Services appear to be Started and running OK. Clients receive some e-mail but not all, I can tell by amount of spam ;-), and can send all mail. ...

exchange 5.5 #12
I am getting an EventID: 246 An Internal MTA error has occured EventID: 246 Source: MSExchangeMTA Type: Error Category: Internal Processing An internal MTA error occurred. An attempt has been made to read beyond the end of an object. Attribute ID: 30. Object at fault: 060000NN. Offset reached: 1. Contact Microsoft Product Support Services. [MTA DISP:FANOUT 12 223] (14) in my event viewer - it is constantly coming up The knowledge base says this is for Exchange v5.0 although i have getting this on Exchange 5.5 Any offers of help would be g...