Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 2007?

Has anyone installed Symantec Mail Security for Exchange on an
Exchange 2007 Server?  I have installed it on an Exchange 2000, and
2003 server but one of my clients wants to go to Exchange 2007 and I
havent seen any details on if my current Symantec Mail Security 5 for
Exchange will work or not.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Chad

On 5 Feb 2007 11:13:40 -0800, webit.csullivan@gmail.com wrote:

>Has anyone installed Symantec Mail Security for Exchange on an
>Exchange 2007 Server?  I have installed it on an Exchange 2000, and
>2003 server but one of my clients wants to go to Exchange 2007 and I
>havent seen any details on if my current Symantec Mail Security 5 for
>Exchange will work or not.
>
>Any help would be great.
>
>Thanks,
>Chad

I would ask Symantec.
0
adavid (8731)
2/5/2007 7:19:16 PM
On Feb 5, 1:19 pm, Andy David {MVP}
<ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2007 11:13:40 -0800, webit.csulli...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Has anyone installed Symantec Mail Security for Exchange on an
> >Exchange 2007 Server?  I have installed it on an Exchange 2000, and
> >2003 server but one of my clients wants to go to Exchange 2007 and I
> >havent seen any details on if my current Symantec Mail Security 5 for
> >Exchange will work or not.
>
> >Any help would be great.
>
> >Thanks,
> >Chad
>
> I would ask Symantec.

After a 30 min call I found out that Symantec will be releasing a Mail
Security for Exchange version 6 build at the end of Feb 07 - beginning
March 07 that will be compatible with Exchange 2007.

Hope I answer someone elses question on this issue.

Thanks,
Chad

On 5 Feb 2007 12:18:15 -0800, webit.csullivan@gmail.com wrote:

>On Feb 5, 1:19 pm, Andy David {MVP}
><ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>> On 5 Feb 2007 11:13:40 -0800, webit.csulli...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >Has anyone installed Symantec Mail Security for Exchange on an
>> >Exchange 2007 Server?  I have installed it on an Exchange 2000, and
>> >2003 server but one of my clients wants to go to Exchange 2007 and I
>> >havent seen any details on if my current Symantec Mail Security 5 for
>> >Exchange will work or not.
>>
>> >Any help would be great.
>>
>> >Thanks,
>> >Chad
>>
>> I would ask Symantec.
>
>After a 30 min call I found out that Symantec will be releasing a Mail
>Security for Exchange version 6 build at the end of Feb 07 - beginning
>March 07 that will be compatible with Exchange 2007.
>
>Hope I answer someone elses question on this issue.
>
>Thanks,
>Chad

I wonder if it will screw up servers as efficiently as version 5.
0
adavid (8731)
2/5/2007 8:36:25 PM
On Feb 5, 2:36 pm, Andy David {MVP}
<ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2007 12:18:15 -0800, webit.csulli...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> >On Feb 5, 1:19 pm, Andy David {MVP}
> ><ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

> >> I would ask Symantec.
>
> >After a 30 min call I found out that Symantec will be releasing a Mail
> >Security for Exchange version 6 build at the end of Feb 07 - beginning
> >March 07 that will be compatible with Exchange 2007.
>
> >Hope I answer someone elses question on this issue.
>
> >Thanks,
> >Chad
>
> I wonder if it will screw up servers as efficiently as version 5.- Hide quoted text -

>From what I have read Exchange 2007 has some built in Antispam and
Antivirus...I wonder how good that will be.  I do have to say when
Symantec's Mail Security 5 for exchange is working..it works great.
It does use alot of resoures though.

Access security problem
I have access file not open because of security . i have the access file and the MDW file too so i want to know how to open this file and see the tables and the data The easiest way is to set up a shortcut to open the .mdb file using the .mdw file. The Target entry in the shortcut needs to be of this form: "FullPathFileNameToAccess.exe" "FullPathFileNameToYourDatabase" /WRKGRP "FullPathFileNameToYourSecurity.mdw" Here's a real example of mine: "C:\Program Files\MicrosoftOffice2003\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\Documents and Settings...

Outlook 2007 Crashes Upon Opening
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2007 SP1 MSO 12.0.6425.1000 and always errors out and closes when I start it. Everything that I can see points to the mso.dll file. I swapped it out with another copy (have the orig) and still same result. My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600 Below is the info from the event log, hope someone can assist. -------- Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6316.5000, stamp 4833a470, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp 49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00dfef5d. Fo...

Excel and Windows Live Mail
Hi all I update my Mail add-in and VBA code examples to avoid the error if you use Windows Live Mail as your default mail program. More information in the blog post : http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2010/04/25/windows-live-mail-wlm-and-excel-problem-part-two/ If you have problems let me know so I can update the code/add-in if needed Thanks -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Lost message served up by exchange
Hi all, Here is an interesting one for you. We are running an Exchange 2003 (SBS) server with a user connecting to it with Outlook 2003. The user said that a mail alert was shown for an email that had been delivered. However when going to the inbox the message could not be found. We have done a search through all his folders to see if we could find the message but to no avail. Upon checking the exchange 2003 server's message tracking centre, it had recorded that a message had been sent to the user and had been delivered to their local store. Thus the email has been lost. Could anyon...

Exporting Junk E-mail Senders
Here's a funky question that I can't figure out the solution. Is there a way to export junk and adult content e-mail senders so that I can keep Outlook filtering the same addresses both at home and at the office? Thanks. ...

Exchange System Object Container
Hi, My Exchange System Object Container has been accidently moved to a different OU in the AD. Since then there were other changes to Exchange Public Folders new Stores etc which has rcreated a new Exchange System Object Container in the. Is this going to cause any problem? thanks Simon Simon: I have never seen this happen before, but I'll bet it is NOT GOOD. :-) Exchange can sometimes be really picky on the location of objects in Active Directory (such as the Exchange Domain Servers and Exchange Enterprise Servers groups MUST be in the CN=Users container!!!!) ...

Exchange Calendar update tool = unable to find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005
When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the following message "Unable find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005". I have given my user account full permissions to each exchange store. What else could be causing this problem? alos how do i grant exchange view only admin, exchange full admin, and send as rights to my user account manullay. This script is not working for me? thanks "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in message news:%23AssN4YYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the follow...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

XEXCH50 issue with smtp mail incoming from an external MS server
Hi, I received a complaint that an external contact could not send mail to our exchange 5.5 SP 4 mail server, but had no problem sending to our non-MS mail servers. I have applied the patch from MS03-046, to prevent denial of service hacks with XEXCH50. When I examined the logs I found multiple entries like... The event log shows an entry MSExchangeIMC, SMTP Interface Events, ID 4153 x.x.x.x attempted to submit without using authentication. The submission was not allowed. and the SMTP log shows 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : A connection was accepted from x.x.x.x. 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : <<&l...

Exchange 5.5 & W2k SP4 #2
Hi, Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 and Windows2000 server sp4. thnx Michiel Runs just fine here. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821543 MightyM wrote: > Hi, > > Can anybody tell me if there are known problems between Exchange 5.5 sp4 > and Windows2000 server sp4. > > thnx > > Michiel -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

Migration Exchange
Hello. I am getting ready to migrate another domain into my domain. They have exchange and so do I (2003). They want to be able to continue receiving emails from their old email addresses and their account on my server will be their new primary eamil address. My question is this, if I add their domain names (3 all together) into my exchange server, will it populate to all of our current staff as well. I thought about using their old email addressess as an alias, but I am not clear on how to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Kathy would you be able to create Receiptant Polic...

SelfSSL for Exchange 2003 HTTP/RPC
Will using the SELFSSL utility still allow me to use Exchange 2003 RPC /HTTP? I just want to make sure that my users are not prompted to accept a certificate when they fire up their Outlook 2003 form afar - its okay to be prompted for OWA. Server certs are quite cheap now... as little as $20. Why not get one from a trusted CA? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "<<JP<<" <jp@msn.com> wrote in message news:ugM9f43KGHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Will using the SELFSSL util...

Opportunity>Quote 'Mail Merge' Issue
Dear Forum Members: When I add three 'different' products (Product A, Product B, Product C) to an Opportunity and then try to Produce a Quote in Word (Mail Merge), I get the 'same' product 3 times (Product A, Product A, Product A). I think there may be an issue with the database fields I have placed in my XML template. Please help! Thanks, I see the problem, yet I still need advice on how to repair the Quote in Word. The Mail Merge is creating 3 Quotes for 3 Recipients. For example, Quote #1 has has Product A three times, Quote # 2 has Product B three times, Quote # ...

Exchange outbound mail
Hi Exchange Users, i'm new to exchange and wondering if you can help. MS Exchange is working fine but there is a minor thing with the outgoing side if things. Can i configure Exchange to sent mail to my Domain Providers SMTP Server ? (belive you can since it could be done in Exchange Server 5.5) I use POP Beamer to download from my Domain Providers POP3 server and forwards to the Exchange Server. specify your Domain Provider's SMTP server as a smart host "Steven Jones" <steven45@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:Xns9595AB1002D8Csteven45ntlworldcom@194.168.222...

error with exchange 2003
since last week, the application log is full of following message: the service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\src\lra\abv_dg\serveragent.cpp(4511) this is domain controller (win 2003 server) and exchange server (exchange 2003. the network is running with 8 local computers. i could not find any help related to this error message and i need some help with this issue. thanks Any help from http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=service%20threw%20an%20unexpected%20exception%20which%20was%20caught&safe=images&ie=ISO-8859-1&as_ugroup=microsoft.publi...

Outlook changes mail settings
I have two questions. 1. Every time I reboot my computer I have to go to outlook and change the settings (the username and the pop server). Is there a solution for this? 2. I am getting about 20 email that say they are from microsoft and they contain viruses I do not open then and I do not have any viruses on my computer, I have scanned about 20 times and have not found anything. I have also followed the steps from my antivirues software on removing the SWEN_A virus and there is nothing there. Is there away to get these email to stop other then changing email? (I love my email address)...

My IMAP Inbox is showing in calendars, not in the mail folder
Help. This is driving me mad. When I click on the IMAP master folder in the mail view I don't see my inbox. It's in the calendar view and I want to move it back. any help gratefully received. Adam ...

WSS Email notification is not sending the e-mails
The email notification is set on for my lists. This should send an e-mail whenever the owner is assigned, but we get no e-mails. We're using an "Assigned to" field, thinking this is the owner. Is this correct or do I need something else? Thanks ...

Outlook 2007
I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the Outlook.pst file residing in the Offline Files folder. Any ideas? DakkonA <Nicholas.Bauer@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use Vista's Offline Folders ability to synchronize my > Outlook PST file (crude, but generally works). However, for some > reason when I'm in Offline mode, Outlook simply refuses to read the > Outlook.pst file residing in the Offli...

Exchange Certificate HowTo
I am looking for a howto on implementing Verisign Certificates into the Exchange environment. Currently all of our users have Digital ID's from Verisign to encrypt e-mail messages. We attempted to install these certificates into Outlook 2003 with no luck. When sending to user while attempting to encrypt it says that we are unable to send encrypted mail to this user even though we have his/her digital ID locally. My question involves how to get the server to recognize the certificates or how to enable exchange to see the certificates. We are using WIn2003 SBS with Exchange 2003 and on the c...

load generator against exchange 2007 virtual instance in ESX
Anyone tried Load Generator against Exchange 2007 in vmware esx environment? I understand that this isn't supported by Microsoft, but it's very important for us. In our case (similar hardware, dedicated raids for database etc), physical instance OUTPERFOMS virtual instance dramatically... *** Physical instance results**** Action Profile: MMB3 Length of a 'simulation day': 1 hour length of the simulation: 1 hour Client type: Outlook 2003 Cached mode User Count: 300 TaskName Count AverageLatency 95th percentile Latency BrowseCalendar 30874 60 256 CreateContact 1040...

Exchange 2003 SMTP log monitor?
Is there a simple and free tool to watch the contents of the SMTP virtual servers log in real time much like the Unix tail command? I have tried some free tail implementations and none of them seem to be able to update the screen as events are written to the file. I am logging in W3C Extended format if that helps. ___________________________________________ Remove dots before at to reply direct - Jon ...

Money 2007 Deluxe OFX import error on only one account at bank
I have multiple accounts at R1CU and have them all set up for web imports. Today, I added two additional identical-type accounts that have been existing for a month at the R1CU website. The first account, let's call #14, imported transactions just fine. The second account, #15, will not bring anything in. It won't even search for the new account on import or ask me to which account the import should post. It just gives me the "import complete" window and transfers me to my list of web-enabled accounts and their download history. There, the #15 account isn't even lis...

blocking mail
Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to >have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >. >Yes, Create folder called "Accepted Email" then using Message Rules, set it so that any email that is "From" (choose everyone in your address book) goes into the "Accepted Email" folder. Then check In Box to see if anyone you know might have new email address. In reverse you could choose to have ...

replacement for favorites command in Excel 2007
In excel 2003 there was available web toolbar with favorites command. That allowed quickly to find files. For some reason web toolbar is not available in excel 2007. Is there any alternative for the favorites command or is this possibility of saving files locations just disappeared? Hi Kv, > In excel 2003 there was available web toolbar with favorites command. That > allowed quickly to find files. For some reason web toolbar is not available > in excel 2007. Is there any alternative for the favorites command or is this > possibility of saving files locations just d...