Swedish characters in the Display name #2

I have a problem with Swedish characters in the senders' names on outgoing
e-mail.
Previously we have formatted the display names like:

Last name, First name

This is causing problems for some external recipients, since their e-mail
program reads this as two addresses (Last name as one name and First name as
another)

I tried changing the display name for one user to "First name Last name"
instead, but then the Swedish characters are not shown when he/she sends an
external e-mail. Example:
"Åke Jönsson" becomes "Ake Jonsson"
or
"Åsa Holmström" becomes "Asa Holmstrom"

Exchange 2003 SP1 and Outlook 2003 Swedish clients. Before I changed the
display name the Swedish characters were shown (for example "Holmström, Åsa")

Hi,

We are sorry for our delay due to the service policy. Registered Technet
subscribers have priority to receive responses from Microsoft Support
Professionals in the Technet newsgroups. By using your registered email
address, you are guaranteed a response, and will receive a response more
quickly. So, I have not received your post until today.

My understanding of the issue is: After changed the display name order to
"First Last", the Swedish characters are not shown when the internal user
sends an external e-mail. If I have misunderstood anything, please let me
know.

Since this is a language character related problem, to effectively
troubleshoot this kind of issue, I suggest you contact your local Microsoft
CSS support as they have the best software and language resource to help
you. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged
call.

Please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

If you still want to discuss this issue in the Technet newsgroup, please
help to collect the following information to isolate this probem:

1. I'd like to confirm with you whether this problem would disappear if you
change the display name order to "Last, First"?

2. Does this problem only occur on outgoing messages? If you receive a
message from internet which contains Swedish characters in the sender's
name, would the local recipient read this display name correctly?

3. Create a POP3/SMTP account for your Exchange mailbox, and then send a
message to another internal user. So we can force Exchange to deliver this
message via SMTP connection (using the SMTP virtual server). Would the same
problem occur? You can check the message header to verify that whether the
display name has been changed.

4. Can you see the correct display name when query a user in GAL?

If everything is working fine when you use "Last, First" display name
order, I have another suggestion.

You mentioned that the reason why you changed "Last, First" to "First Last"
is that some email applications may recognize this name as two address.
Based on RFC 822, the display name was closed by quotation marks. For
example, you can see "Pat Cai" v-patcai@microsoft.com . So, if you can
custom this email application, we can adjust this feature.

Hope the information helps. If anything is unclear, please feel free to
post here.

Regards,

Pat Cai
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada. This and
other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

v-patcai (151)

Compare and Merge #2
I know that I cannot compare and merge a protected workbook but if I make a copy of the data in the spreadsheet and save it with a differnt name, it stills doesn't allow me to merge the two. ...

Form #1 that filters form #2
I have a form #1 customers and form #2 orders. I put a button on form #1 to open form #2 filtered but customerID. However, when I go to data enter the second...tenth customers the order form does not save the information into table or form. What am I doing wrong and How can I correct this problem? On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:09:01 -0800, Jennifer <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form #1 customers and form #2 orders. I put a button on form #1 to >open form #2 filtered but customerID. However, when I go to data enter the >second...tenth customers th...

OWA and SSL #2
Hi Just managed to get my Exchange 2000 OWA working and accessible on port 80 thru our firewall. next step is to implement SSL. I want to use my own certificates (cheapos won't let me buy one from verisign!). can someone point me in the right direction to create and install my own certificates plus get owa working with ssl? Advice greatly appreciated. Brett ...

Display form from an VB application in Excel
Dear All, I have the following problem with a macro. I hope somebody may help me. Problem: I want to display a VBA form created in an VB application on top of an Excel worksheet to enter some information. But when I show the form after opening the Excel workbook, the macro automatically switches back to the application showing this form (and not on top of the Excel workbook). Code: .... 'Open Excel workbook Set xlS = clsApp.GetApplication("excel.Application") Set xlsWB = xlS.Workbooks.Open(filename) xlS.Visible = True 'Show form on top of that Excel workbook frm.Show vbMod...

Original Journal Entries take a long time to display
Hi Does anyone know if the following procedure stated in the KB925326 is included in service pack or hotfix ? The reason i'm asking this is i want to avoid having to manage modifications on the indexes or any modifications which are not included within a service pack or hotfix. In the effort to keep the production and test environment as "vanilla" as possible... This would be considred as my last resort option. Thank you for your input... Pat, I am running 10.0 SP3 and this fix has not been included in this service pack -- for the longest time, this has not been inco...

scheduled deposit #2
is there a way to schedule an automatic deposit on the 4th wednesday of every month? Still no. "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e3101c3fe0f$f85f8540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to schedule an automatic deposit on the > 4th wednesday of every month? ...

Event ID: 7010 #2
Hi, I keep getting event ID 7010. Some sort of esmtp extention for exchange server communication? Is there a way to disable this on exchange 2003? thx jason On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:25:21 -0600, "jason.sigurdur" <comp.techs@aspenview.org> wrote: >Hi, I keep getting event ID 7010. Some sort of esmtp extention for exchange >server communication? > >Is there a way to disable this on exchange 2003? > >thx jason > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555372&sd=rss&spid=1773 ...

Invest in our children
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

How do I sort names Alphabelically in my lists
In the last Windows all I did was press "Sort" and it all happened. A change of Windows version shouldn't affect how Excel works. Which windows version have you changed from and to? Have you changed Excel versions as well? Which version of Excel were you using before, and which version are you using now? If your problem is in changing from Excel 3003 to 2007 you may wish to look at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA101491511033.aspx or http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm or http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleI...

2 User Profiles, 1 Outlook Profile?
I am running Windows Server 2003 and Office 2003. I have 2 accounts that require access to the same Outlook data - emails, email accounts, address book, rules, calender etc. Only 1 account will be used at a time though i need outlook to be exactly the same for both profiles. How is this done? ...

Preview #2
How can I turn the preview pane on/off in Outlook? I turned it off, how do I get it back on? Jeff Outlook 2003? View-->Reading Pane Select where you want the pane to show. "Jeff T." <jeftho@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:Ogu9S180GHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can I turn the preview pane on/off in Outlook? I turned it off, how do > I get it back on? > > Jeff > It's Outlook 2000 and I got it figured out, I right click a blank area and s...

CToolBarCtrl bitmap not being displayed
Hi All, First, let me say I am a 'newbie' to MFC, therefor I ask for your indulgence... I am attempting to display a toolbar in an SDI app, using a CToolBarCtrl class. In the CMainWnd class, I declare a protected CToolBarCtrl* m_ToolBar variable, and pass the ON_WM_CREATE message to the 'OnCreate' message handler. afx_msg int CMainWin::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT cs) { BOOL rtn = FALSE; TBBUTTON buttons[2]; m_ToolBar = new CToolBarCtrl; if ( ! m_ToolBar->Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | CCS_TOP, rectDefault, this, IDR...

PST File #2
Is there anyway in the PST file to have auto archiving turned off completely? Even better if I could disable it. Also the variable "ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=FALSE", if I change that to TRUE, will this update the default profile, rather than delete the old one and recreate it? I.E. turning cached mode on (Not all clients have the cached mode part of the PST) and turn off auto archiving (If I can do that) Thanks, Andrew Here is our current PST file: ; ************************************************************** ; Section 1 - Profile Defaults ; ************************...

2 Subforms, can't change link fields for one
I have two subforms on my main form. The second is a copy of the first, but I want to link it to separate fields on the main form. When I open the main form in design view, the first subform shows in design view, but the second is just a blank control. The controlsource field is set to the same as the first. When I try to change the link child/master fields, it says: "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." and blanks it out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, =Ray= ...

remove "Protected Storage System Provider" do not help #2
After updating from Outlook2000 to Outlook XP(2002) OutlookXP keeps asking for passwords for every account :-((( I have tryed the trix "remove Protected Storage System Provider" in the registery (done by the letter as described in two Q-articles) but it do not help or change anything :-((( Please help -- erik Denmark ...

Importing data #2
Importing data into customer, item, suppliers, and GL master files. This is a brand new company and I need to import the master files from another system. I am able to easily dump each file to excel, but how do I import into GP? -- Gino S. GPK Computers Gino, Usually you would use an import tool like Integration Manager or eConnect. If this is a one time import, you're probably better off with Integration Manager. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "Gino@GPK" <gino@gpk.net.au> wrote in message news:5B6CAB1C-FA16-408A-8242-8B1B9E80B011@microsoft.com... > Impo...

Totalling a group of worksheets #2
How do I summarize a continguous series of worksheets on to a summary page? e.g. I have a number of worksheets A,B,C,.......K. I also have a summary worksheet. I want to total cells A1 in the group of worksheets and show the total in the summary worksheet -- Thanks BJ Try this: On the Summary sheet, select the cell where you want the A1 summary to display. Type =sum( Then click on the Sheet A tab Hold the [Shift] key down Click on the last sheet's tab Release the [Shift] key Type ) and press [Enter] The formula should look like: =SUM(A:K!A1) Does that help? *********** Regards...

Defrag Question #2
Can I use the Windows disk defragmentation tool to run a defragmentation on the C and D drives of a server that holds our Exchange 2003 mail database? The Server I want to defragment is Windows 2003 Standard Edition, SP 1. Thank you. -- Carolyn What problem are you trying to solve by doing this? see http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/tips/defragmentation.asp "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACD390E-75AE-4C19-8F6F-3BFE1DA41F2E@microsoft.com... > Can I use the Windows disk defragmentation tool to run a defragmentation on &...

yahoo e-mail #2
I have just lost my job, and want to get my yahoo e-mail to load automatically into Outlook. I have been unsuccessful. Can you help? You will need a paid yahoo premium account to work in Outlook - see their mail help pages for instructions. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. While thinking hard, suzanne <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> queried: | I have just lost my job, and want to get my yahoo e-mail | to load automatically into Outlook. I have been | unsuccessful. | | Can you help? There is a free 3rd party...

Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe #2
I received a pop-up message that my 2004 version of MS Money Deluxe would expire on 9/1/2007. It said that I would loose online services. I see that the 2007 Version has changed the three year online service capability to two years. Are there any other reduced functions in 2007 deluxe vs 2004 deluxe? Also, I seem to recall that MS Money updates have come out in the summertime in the past. Can anyone verify this? Al Some things in M07 that changed from previous versions: 1) No more multi-select projected balance in Bills. 2) They are trying to hide and then deprecate Advanced Bud...

Outlook 2003 & Outlook Express #2
I have been using Outlook Express without any problems. Because some of software will only work with Outlook I setup Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manger. I have found the program (Outlook) crashes for no apparent reason. I have both Outlook and Express running together. Is that the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:55:49 -0700, "Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been using Outlook Express without any problems. >Because some of software will only work with Outlook I >setup Outlook 200...

unable to sort in Select Names box
I just migrated from 98se/OL 2000 to XP proff/OL 2002. Now when I open a new email and click the "To..." button, and it opens the "Select Names" box, and I go to select a recipients email the fields won't let me sort like I used to. Plus there are additional entries with fax numbers, how do get it to sort and NOT display the fax number entries? Also, is there any way I can make this "Select Names" box bigger so I don't have to scroll right to see the if it is the correct email address if they have multiple email address's? Thanks Ted No...

Outlook rule based on value NOT in name?
Hi, I have a lot of SPAM coming in with the sender's address set to my e-mail address. However, the name is different. I would like to setup a rule like this: If the sender's e-mail address = XXXXXXX, but the sender's name <> YYYYYYYY then move to the junk folder. Can this be done? All I see are rules to look for a string - not look for the absence of a string. I use e-mail to transfer notes to myself and also transfer information between mail accounts and computers, so I do send myself e-mail fairly frequently. I'm using Outlook 2003. Thank you for your time! -...

Upgrading to Outlook 2003 #2
We are about to upgrade to Outlook 2003. I'm curious if anyone has experienced problems upgrading their Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. Also, if you have Office 2002 installed and only upgrade Outlook, if you have had problems. Thanks. 1) the biggest problems we;re seeing involve using the old profile. For best results, do a clean install - and since that's impossible for many people, at least make a new profile. You can use the old pst in the new profile. 2) if you only upgrade outlook you loose the ability to use 'office envelope' features - notably word as your ema...

File Names for MSN Portfolio and for MSMoney05
I am tryng to employ syndhronization with M05. Although it takes overnight, eventually my portfolio as kept in M05 then is available on MSN. When I close MSN it asks to save my file to the same name that M05 uses. Is this correct. Are they now in fact the same file, just available in two different places--on my local computer and on MSN servers, or should they be saved on my computer under two different file names as they were before I upgraded to M05. If I do not allow the MSN to back up onto my computer (to avoid my original file from being overwritten), then M05 thinks that it cannot s...