streaming files

my exchange server is low on disk space. Is it possible that I can delete the
tempdfrgxxxx.stm in the \\exchange\bin folder. thanks in advance

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:26:04 -0800, "missing image from word document"
<missingimagefromworddocument@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>my exchange server is low on disk space. Is it possible that I can delete the
>tempdfrgxxxx.stm in the \\exchange\bin folder. thanks in advance

It shouldn't be there. Copy it out and then keep a close eye on it.
How big is it?
0
mark7219 (5666)
11/8/2005 5:51:27 PM
As long as you aren't in the middle of an offline defrag, the tempdfrg.stm
file shouldn't be needed.  It certainly won't be used again (it would be
overwritten anyways if it was).

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

<missingimagefromworddocument@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my exchange server is low on disk space. Is it possible that I can delete
> the
> tempdfrgxxxx.stm in the \\exchange\bin folder. thanks in advance

0
Ben
11/8/2005 5:54:45 PM
there are four files that date back to 2003 and the biggst one is 1GB

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:26:04 -0800, "missing image from word document"
> <missingimagefromworddocument@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >my exchange server is low on disk space. Is it possible that I can delete the
> >tempdfrgxxxx.stm in the \\exchange\bin folder. thanks in advance
>
> It shouldn't be there. Copy it out and then keep a close eye on it.
> How big is it?

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:21:11 -0800, "missing image from word document"
<missingimagefromworddocument@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>there are four files that date back to 2003 and the biggst one is 1GB

OK, then ditch them (Read Ben's follow up as well)
I'm a little concerned about why they're hanging around. Next time you
do an offline defrag you should not do it "from" the bin folder band
specify the /t switch
0
mark7219 (5666)

Opening a file in a macro (network)
I have a macro that requires opening a file in My Documents. This may be a networking question that may require onsite help but what I was wondering is if there is a way in the code to specify to open a file in My Documents from "the computer you're on" for example (not sure how to word that). I'm trying to avoid having to create a macro for each computer because I will have the same file stored in My Documents on each computer. Does that make sense? For example, the code right now reads (for the computer I am currently on - "Blinds etc" is how the computer i...

outlook .pst files appear empty
I have been trying to open, import, and even restore backup for a .pst file I made before reinstalling Windows on my computer. The import seems to work correctly but nothing changes. What is happening. I tried to install them on another computer running the same version of Outlook and the same thing. The file size is large enought to tell me something is there but........I don't know what to do. So if you open the files in Outlook using File | Open | Outlook Data File (command may vary if you're using an older version), you still get empty files in your Folder List? -- Jo...

Inserting files from outlook
Does anyone know how to insert files or attachments from an outlook mail box to access? I would appreciate any help.. Thanks, Terry Carroll Terrence Carroll wrote: >Does anyone know how to insert files or attachments from an outlook mail box >to access? I would appreciate any help.. > >Thanks, > >Terry Carroll Why not just leave them in Outlook and link to them? You can link to your Inbox in Outlook by using File, Get External Data, Link... and choose Outlook as the file type and then navigate to whatever mail folder you want. -- Message posted...

Backup fails at STM file
We are having problems with our backups on exchange 2003. we have 8 seperate stores and just recently we noticed that our tlogs were not being purged. so we after some digging and testing (removing and or disabling all anitvirus and removing our Netvault backup system). We used NTbackup and we have about 4 of our stores not backing up, it fails when it starts to backup the particular sotres STM file. Any ideas on how to check the integrity of teh STM file, or is the problem somewhere else? Thanks Check your event logs. Do you have any errors listed indicating database corruption? ...

Resources in a .LIB File
I have some code logic, included a number of resources, that I'd like to compile to a .LIB file to make it easy to use in several different projects. I haven't compiled a .LIB file since the DOS days. Does anyone know if .LIB files can contain resources in addition to code, and if there are any potential issues with storing code and resources this way? Thanks. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com > I haven't compiled a .LIB file since the DOS days. Does anyone know if > .LIB files can contain resources in addition to code, and if there ...

embedding flash file
Hi every one, I would like to embed a flash file in my excel document so that when I open the file I can view the player playing the clip automatically. Can some one please advice me how to do this? Thanks yakis Look at Insert | Object | From File I believe that with current restrictions on ActiveX objects, you may have to double-click on the displayed object to actually begin playing it. At least I did in the test I performed, inserting a .avi file into a sheet. "yakis" wrote: > Hi every one, > I would like to embed a flash file in my excel document so that when I open...

Copy from another excel file
I copy cell range A1:H1 from excel file X to cells range A1:H1 in excel file Y. But then, when I simply try to copy cells range A1:H1 in file Y to A2:A199,H2:H100 to create the same connection of cells in Y with cell in X it does not copy appropriately. in other words, it still copy range A1:H1 ..and shows copied cells as $A$1:$H$1.... when i tried to eliminate $ sign, it showed in the cell the formula-link itself instead of actual number how to make parallel copying from another excel file work ? Hi not really sure what your issue is? normally it sould be sufficient to enter = in a s...

Transferring Mail File
I want to transfer my email folders from my Windows XP computer to my Vista computer. The mail folders have a .dbx extension. I found their path in XP which uses Outlook Express and copied them to a thumb drive but i can't seem to get the folders onto the Vista computer which uses Windows Mail.. I found the path of Windows mail and I tried to copy the files to this folder but that didn't work. I have many emails in a "saved mail" folder and I really would like to get these emails moved to my Vista Windows Mail computer. Can you help? Thanks ...

shortcut files
Hi...I'm using Excel 2000 and I have a new hard drive (in addition to my main drive). Since we installed the new drive and my data was moved over, none of my shortcuts to my excel files work (even though I redirected them). Excel opens, but the file does not. In fact, if I double click on the file it will not open. There are only two ways to open the file. One is through the File Menu when Excel is open, and the other is to drag the file icon onto Excel. This is very irritating! Any ideas? Thanks. Jay The standard fixes for this problem....... Tools>Options>General u...

Personal Files #2
I moved a personal folder from a machine to a network so the machine could be reloaded. After reloading the software I copied the file back but when I open it in Outlook it looks like a new folder with just deleted items. The file still shows about 750mb in size but it's content will not display. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks ...

Your files are attached and ready to send with this message.
WHILE SENDING FROM A WEB PAGE "FILE - SEND - LINK BY EMAIL. THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS ENTERED IN MY MESSAGE. HOW DO YOU STOP THIS. "Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." Delete it --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | WHILE SENDING FROM A WEB PAGE "FILE...

OL2000 .nick file and fresh install of OL2003
Have a user who's been running OL2000 under W98SE for the past few years, who extensively uses the autocomplete function. I have brand new pc's coming in that will all be loaded with XP and OL2003. Will do the ..pst file copy off the old system and then do the .pst copy onto the new system, etc, etc. Is it possible to utilize any of the cached infro from the .nick of the OL2000 system on the OL2003 install? I know you move from a .nick format to a .nk2 on the change, but not clear if you can save any of the old info, or if the user will have to start on a fresh build of cached nicknam...

Re: Remove file from cache (VC++ 6)
I am writing a program that writes a backup file to a location selected by the user (potentially a diskette). Once the backup file is written, I would like to re-read the file to ensure that the backup media is OK. The problem is that the file just written is still located in the file cache and any attempt to read it just reads it from the cache (not the media itself). I would like to know if there is a way to remove this file from the cache prior to reading it to ensure the file on the media is good. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me on this. - Robert "Robert Ed...

Sheet.xlt and Book.xlt File Locations
I'm running XP with Excel 2002 SP2. I find one set of sheet.xlt and book.xlt files in a folder named c:\mark when I search all of my c: drive (inlcuding hidden and system folders). The default sheet template contains a footer I'd like to modify. If I modify the only sheet.xlt file on my hard drive and save it to the same place (or any of the many "\template" or "\xlstart" folders scattered across my PC) there is no change in the default sheet when I open a new instance of Excel. Any suggestions to get control of the system? Thanks, Mark If you open a new wor...

Error Message when I try to open Excel files
Just got a new computer with Windows XP Home Edition. The old compute was Windows 98. Whenever I try and open any of my Excel 9 spreadsheets, I get error message: "A document with the same '******.xls' is already open. You canno open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are i different folders. To open the second document, either close th document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents." If I click OK the spreadsheet is ready. It apparently wants to open the same file twice. Any suggestions a this is becoming aggrevating and somet...

Why can't I convert quatro pro .wb3 file in Excel #2
I have trid everything suggested in Excel and on-line but can't convert my *.wb3 file in Excel 2003. Downloaded the Office converter file and ran it, still nothing appropriate in add-ins. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Tom ...

No Log Files can be Truncated-Exchange 2003 Backup
Hi all, I recently did a full backup of my A and B information Stores in which A o went fine and truncated all the logfiles but on the B information store it said in the event viewer that "No log files can be truncated and all the log files are there. Any ideas what is going on and what can be done. -Aman On Feb 5, 4:04 pm, Andy David {MVP} <ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote: > On 5 Feb 2007 15:51:25 -0800, "Barundi" <pan...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >Hi all, > > >I recently did a full backup of my A and B information Stores in which ...

How can I locate links in an excel file and fix if incorrect?
I have a large excel file with some embedded links to other files. I am trying to find a way to locate the links and make corrections as the files they were linked to need to be changed. Any thoughts on how to locate them quickly, correct them and test to make sure links are gone? Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's website. http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm Dave; Thanks for the suggestion. Went to the site, downloaded the file looked for the links with "find links" and got a answer that no links were found, even though when you select ed...

Excel file association slow on opening worksheets
Hi, One of my client's PCs has this problem. If Excel is opened first and a saved worksheet is opened, it opens fast, But, if the file (.xls) is opened from explorer (or a shortcut), then Excel takes about two minutes to open and then the document is there. I've reset the file association, with no effect. Anyone any ideas ? Regards, Brian Google finds: http://www.mcse.ms/message2515857.html Slow opening Excel files through explorer http://www.mcse.ms/message1229458.html Slow Opening Files, Explorer Slow, Context click slow FIXED!!! ...

can i insert a pdf file as a comment?to appear only when clicked?
the same way one can enter a comment in excel and a viewer can only see that if they click on that particular cell-can i enter a pdf file the same way? if someone should click on a certain cell, a pdf file will pop up? You mean like using a hyperlink to the PDF file? dl wrote: > the same way one can enter a comment in excel and a viewer can only see that > if they click on that particular cell-can i enter a pdf file the same way? if > someone should click on a certain cell, a pdf file will pop up? ...

Outlook Data Files being automatically created
Hello, I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they eventually come back without any user creation. This is Outlook 2002, and on an Exchange 5.5 server. Any ideas on how to stop this? He is the only one with this issue in an environment with over 100 users. Thanks, Jeff Jeff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We > have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they > eventually come back without any user creation. ...

OFX FILES and SMALL BUSINESS ACCOUNTING
I have 2 questions: Does anyone here know if there is a group for Small Business Accounting? I can't find it. I download transactions into Money 2006 by selecting manual downloads. My bank is sends .OFX formatted data which updates the transactions. I also Use Small Business Accounting. My bank does not support Small Business Act. Nor can they provide me an .ofx file. They suggest capturing the .ofx download into Money, saving it, so it can them be uploaded into Small Business Accounting. Does anyone have anyone an idea how to do this? I have not been able to sort anything out or c...

How can I open a text file to the screen
Can anybody tell me how to open (print)a text file to the screen. For example, to click a botton and the file will be shown in the screen. Using something like the code below.(the code below is not good, but I want to give you an idea) private: System::Void ShwCrdBtn_Click(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) { FileInfo^ fi = gcnew FileInfo("C:\\MyFile.txt"); fi->OpenRead(); } -- Thanks Allen Basically, there are several things you can do depending on exactly what you want the result to look like. If the only thing you want to be vis...

linking cells from different files -fill down
I'm trying to fill the same formula (links) down a column on worksheet. I'm linking from the same cell from a months worth of files,only th file reference is changing as shown below.(11-1-05,11-2-05,etc..) Cell A1='C:\Reports\Nov\[11-1-05.xls]Production'!$Z$1 CellA2='C:\Reports\Nov\[11-2-05.xls]Production'!$Z$1 CellA3 ='C:\Reports\Nov\[11-3-05.xls]Production'!$Z$1 Thanks, Gre -- singlgl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- singlgl1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2638 ...

XML Schema, how to create one for this xml file?