streaming files

my exchange server is low on disk space. Is it possible that I can delete the
tempdfrgxxxx.stm in the \\exchange\bin folder. thanks in advance

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:26:04 -0800, "missing image from word document"
<missingimagefromworddocument@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>my exchange server is low on disk space. Is it possible that I can delete the
>tempdfrgxxxx.stm in the \\exchange\bin folder. thanks in advance

It shouldn't be there. Copy it out and then keep a close eye on it.
How big is it?
0
mark7219 (5666)
11/8/2005 5:51:27 PM
As long as you aren't in the middle of an offline defrag, the tempdfrg.stm
file shouldn't be needed.  It certainly won't be used again (it would be
overwritten anyways if it was).

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

<missingimagefromworddocument@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my exchange server is low on disk space. Is it possible that I can delete
> the
> tempdfrgxxxx.stm in the \\exchange\bin folder. thanks in advance

0
Ben
11/8/2005 5:54:45 PM
there are four files that date back to 2003 and the biggst one is 1GB

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:26:04 -0800, "missing image from word document"
> <missingimagefromworddocument@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >my exchange server is low on disk space. Is it possible that I can delete the
> >tempdfrgxxxx.stm in the \\exchange\bin folder. thanks in advance
>
> It shouldn't be there. Copy it out and then keep a close eye on it.
> How big is it?

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:21:11 -0800, "missing image from word document"
<missingimagefromworddocument@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>there are four files that date back to 2003 and the biggst one is 1GB

OK, then ditch them (Read Ben's follow up as well)
I'm a little concerned about why they're hanging around. Next time you
do an offline defrag you should not do it "from" the bin folder band
specify the /t switch
0
mark7219 (5666)

Making Design Gallery Objects available to other files in publishe
Hello, I created some custom objects and saved them to the Design Gallery, and they did appear under My Objects. However, I saved the file and opened up a new one and to my shock My Objects was empty. I opened the earlier file where I created and saved the objects and they were still there. Does this mean that the Design Gallery if file-specific and not saved in a Publisher Application file for use in other .pub files? Perhaps that is the default setting that can be changed later. Please help me on this matter. Thank you in advance for your support. Alcide <Alcide@discussions.micr...

List of File Extensions
Is there a list somewhere that contains the file extensions used in Office 2003 applications? I need to backup files before re-installing my OS. These include files that store settings, customizations, macros, Outlook address books, etc. ...

Accepting files
Is there a way to transfer the newest version of an EXCEL file (xls.) so as EXCEL 95 can open it ? I'm getting "Not a valid file" when I try to open the file. Or must I upgrade to the newest version ? Hi Dan AFAIK you'll need a Excel version 97 or higher to convert files to Excel 95. Though Excel 97 is sufficient you won't need the newest version -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dan wrote: > Is there a way to transfer the newest version of an EXCEL file (xls.) > so as EXCEL 95 can open it ? > I'm getting "Not a valid file" when I try ...

Automatic open locked excel file through access control
We know,Excel has prompt password to open it files. Is it possible to create a code that can supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we open the excel file through our access control in a form, the excel files can be opened automatically.But when the excel files opened from its default icon,it will prompt a password first. On Jul 10, 8:43 pm, "shiro" <s...@play.com> wrote: > We know,Excel has prompt password > to open it files. > Is it possible to create a code that can > supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we > open the excel file throu...

Why can I not attach a file on new emails?
Hi, I have an ongoing problem when I send an email. If I create a new mail and attach a file in Outlook the attachment appears in the body of the email and is not there when the recipient gets the email. If I reply to an email and attach a file the attachment appears in a newly created pane below the email body and the attachment is sent correctly. If I right click on the attachment and select "send to mail recipient" it also works correctly. Can anyone shed any light on why this happens and how I can fix it? -- Pdub Check your format. Rich text format will cause the sympt...

Where is reminder file?
While installing an add-in reminder file (Reminder Manager) I had some trouble and had to uninstall my existing add-in program, Extended Reminder, and then ultimately uninstall the Reminder Manager. Unfortunately it deleted all of my existing reminders (30 in all). I need these reminders. I had all these reminders on my lap top though. Is there a file on the lap top that I can simply copy over to my desktop and reinstall all those reminders? Thanks, Craig Hi Craig, Outlook processes Reminders from a special folder in your mailbox called the Reminders Folder. This folder is contained ins...

I can not remove the read only from a file on a cd why
Can someone help me. When I store a file on a cd and then retrieve it, I can not edit it, it comes back as read only. When I go to the file and try to change the attribue within the properties and remove the read only access it is denied. If I save on the hard drive I can make what ever changes I want. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Jeff Smith (212) 929-8024 Jeff, as far as I'm aware, it is still not possible to save a file directly to a CD, as it needs to be "burnt" via burning software . This includes any changes to the file if you have opened it directly from...

Auto save replaced my original file and now I need the original?
Does anyone know how to retrieve the file from before auto save which overwrote the original data? Excel If you don't have a backup, then I think you're in trouble. Any chance you've emailed a copy to someone--so an earlier version is in your sentbox (or the recipient can email a copy back???) Hols wrote: > > Does anyone know how to retrieve the file from before auto save which > overwrote the original data? Excel -- Dave Peterson ...

Notes to a File
Hello, I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do this in bulk. Any ideas? Thanks! "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8115371-3ADE-421B-90A5-3CCB833DC8D0@microsoft.com... > I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to > transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do > this in bulk. Export your Notes folder to a CSV or TSV file and open that in Wor...

Publisher 2007 will not load files
On my (HP Pavilion t690uk) computer, Publisher 2007 will not load *.pub files even when they have been produced by it and are listed under Recent Publications. There is an exclamation mark in a triangle warning sign and the Message: 'Publisher cannot open the file.' There is no such problem on my laptop (Acer Aspire 1400XC) running the same software. Publisher 2007 reads and writes files and reads Publisher 2003 files with no problem. Office diagnostics programme reported no errors found or corrections applied. The online continuation of the diagnostics programme reports an Ou...

Convert wav file to wma lossless how?
What is the simplest way to convert a wav file to a wma lossless? I ended up using adobe audition. But shouldn't there be a way to do this in windows media player itself, since it can read the file, it can also rip CD into wma lossless, so it should be able to covert wav into wma lossless, but using "save as..." I don't see such option. Running vista, WMP version 11. As far as I know, you can't manually convert files with WMP. The easiest way to do this is probably with dBpoweramp Music Converter - http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm You might need dBpow...

excel file won't open
We have an excel file we've been adjusting for the past week. All of the sudden the file only opens to an hourglass (file never opens and you have to "END TASK") Before we start spending hours searching, does anyone know of any reliable tools we might use to rescue this file? >-----Original Message----- >We have an excel file we've been adjusting for the past week. All of >the sudden the file only opens to an hourglass (file never opens and >you have to "END TASK") Before we start spending hours searching, does >anyone know of any reliable tools w...

Xfer from Deleted File
Well, here I am once again! I finally got a money file that is useable! Believe me, it wasn't easy, but I did it! Now I'm attempting to reconcile, and I find that after doing the export/import to get a clean file, my transfers are all bent out of shape! Somehow I knew that would happen. It isn't a problem with small accounts, but with my larger accounts, it's going to take a lot of time to sort them out. Instead of transferring the transactions to my personal account, it transferred them to a supposedly deleted account. Is there any easy way to handle these tr...

How do I convert Autocad drawings to editable Visio files?
I'm a longtime Visio Technical 5.0 user. One of the features of 5.0 we use every day is the Autocad drawing conversion. When importing, you can either import each layer into a "Displayed Layer" or a "Editable Layer." We import into an Editable Layer on most occasions. I downloaded the Visio 2003 trial, and attempted to import an Autocad drawing, and the entire thing was imported as a picture, rather than individual pieces. I was interested in upgrading to the newest version of Visio, but need this ability. Is there any way to do this, or any plans to add thi...

Simple File Saving question...
Everytime I open an Excel spreadsheet it opens to the last cell that I edited. Does anyone know how to make an Excel spreadsheet open to the top left cell on the first worksheet everytime... regardless of where I saved it last? Thanks, Ian Hi Ian, Try this Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Range("A1").Select End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the...

Access file size limit for 2003 and 2007 and memory issue
(1) Can someone tell me the max file size of Access file?(2) Also, when I open a 2GB Access file, does it uses 2 GB of memory?The reason I asked is that when I opened such file, I see theavailable memory in the Tasks Manager window went down to zerogradually.(3) I saw some posts that suggested using table link to deal with thesize issue, but would the performance (speed) go down when runningqueries using tables from two different Access file?- Grasshopper - "Grasshopper" <excelmodeling@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174962344.143858.324700@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...>...

How do I remove links to external excel files
I need to remove the links to another excel file from my new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- creating the spreadsheet from scratch? Thank you. TinaS Remove links means convert those formulas to values? If you can find them, just copy|paste special|values. But they can be difficult to find. I'd use Bill Manville's addin to help find the pesky ones. Findlink.zip from http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp (And it's easy to use. TinaS wrote: > > I need to remove the links to another excel file from my > new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- >...

saving excel files #2
Hi all , I am having a strange prob in excel whenever i save an excel file, it asks for extension (*.xls) there is something wrong with the settings this i know like when u save a new book on desktop it will save it as vikram.xl instead of vikram what is the way out i dont want this file extension along with the nam -- Vnagpa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26734 You can either hide the ext...

Accessing Pub files across a network
Hello, I have 2 PC's.. One is running XP Home Edition where the .pub files reside. The other is running XP PRO...I am unable to access Publisher 2000 files from the XP Pro box over the network. I get the error message "The file is locked because it is currently being used by another program. Please close the other program and then try opening or importing the file again". I am able to access other MS OFFICE files in the same directory across the network. So it doesn't seem to be a file permission issue. Both PC's are running MS Publiser 2000. Any help on this ...

hyperlink to existing excel file
When I create a hyperlink to an existing excel file and then click on it, explorer opens to the folder that the file is in instead of the excel file opening. Just to test I pointed it to a word document and the doc file opened fine. How do I get a hyperlink to open the excel file? Thanks. Are you sure it isn't to the folder instead. Only way I can reproduce that is if I select the folder instead of the file when I create the hyperlink. As expected if I use a hyperlink to a particular file it will open.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "purplehaz" <software@for.me> wrote i...

Saving Publisher Files to BMP or JPEG
Hi, I have created a publication in MS Publisher but wish to save the format so I may us it in the body of a Outlook email. How do I save to a BMP or JPEG format so I may do this? I don't wish to use it as an attachment. Can someone help? Frank In Publisher 2002-03, file, save as, files of type, scroll down to the image extensions. Older versions, select all, copy, paste to MS Paint or some other editing program. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussi...

XSDObjectGen and generating multiple .cs files for multiple schema
I'm looking for a good tool to generate C# classes (from XSD-schemas) to (de-)serialize XML corresponding to those schemas. XSDObjectGen almost meets these requirements -- only, I need to generate a ..cs file for each common .xsd file that is included (xsd:include) -- there are a lot schemas which include several common .xsd files (full schema at http://www.witsml.org/schemas/WITSML120_2003-01-30.zip). The "/s" switch would have beein ideal for this, only it still generates only one .cs file -- maybe this is only for "imported" (as opposed to "included&quo...

.PST file updates too often --> Backup overload
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if I'm in the right group, but please direct me to the right place otherwise. I'm in charge of backup procedures in our organisation. Our customers use Outlook for e-mail management, and store their data in .PST files. I noticed that the .PST modified date stamp for the file gets changed to current date when Outlook is being closed, even if no change has been made to the file. All attached .PST files get their date changed. Also for many users, the date stamp also changes at a seemingly determined frequency (at every 4 hours in some cases) while their...

Save for Web (.htm) file
I have two similarly structured XLS file. One file "A" is much longer...perhaps 2000 rows long...when saved as a htm file it is around 500KB. I take another XLS spreadsheet that looks like the same structure...rows and colums...only about 560 rows...when I save this as webpage .htm it ends up being 11.2MB. What the heck happened? How do I get it down in size. There is no apparent reason why a smaller file ends up being 11 time larger that the smaller file when saved! Thanks, --confused ...

How to put the "file path" in a footer or at the bottom of the pag
I want the "location of the document" in the computer to be printed on the document so I can locate it if necessary. It was called "inserting file path" in the older version. Thank you. Basically it's just a field, {FileName \p}, where the \p switch means to include the path. You can insert this in Word 2007 by clicking Insert > Quick Parts > Field, choosing FileName in the list, and checking the box for "Add path to filename". If you want a building block to appear in the header or footer gallery, go to Office Button > New; in the sear...