Strange Problem #2

I have Exchange 2003 running in a Win 2000 Server box.
I am processing mail for three different domains.
The mail for two of these domains works properly.
However, for the third domain I am having the following problem:
When someone in domain 3 replies to a message it is delivered as
name@domain1 (the first and primary domain) instead of name@domain3 .
If someone at domain 2 replies the mail properly comes from name@domain2
as it should.
As nearly as I can tell the setup for domain2 and domain3 is identical, but
I must be missing something.  If anyone can point me in the right direction
I will be eternally grateful and be able to sleep at night.

Thanks.

0
bob796 (14)

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:55:46 -0400, "Bob Becker" <bob@becker.org>
wrote:

>I have Exchange 2003 running in a Win 2000 Server box.
>I am processing mail for three different domains.
>The mail for two of these domains works properly.
>However, for the third domain I am having the following problem:
>When someone in domain 3 replies to a message it is delivered as
>name@domain1 (the first and primary domain) instead of name@domain3 .
>If someone at domain 2 replies the mail properly comes from name@domain2
>as it should.
>As nearly as I can tell the setup for domain2 and domain3 is identical, but
>I must be missing something.  If anyone can point me in the right direction
>I will be eternally grateful and be able to sleep at night.
>
>Thanks.

What do the users in domain3 have set for their default domain reply
addresses?
0
adavid (8731)
8/21/2005 3:02:19 PM
"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:to5hg1lj89p030i75t14m8is6d1bgi3fe3@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:55:46 -0400, "Bob Becker" <bob@becker.org>
> wrote:
>

> What do the users in domain3 have set for their default domain reply
> addresses?

user@domain3

0
bob796 (14)

parsing a date and time field #2

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

An Outlook 2003 Problem

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Macro

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Excel pivot table #2

Interesting Solver problem (Solver encounters an error)
Here's an interesting problem, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts o this. Recognize that my real problem is very complex (severa intermediate calculation including some iterative steps), but th problem I'm having seems similar (conceptually anyway) to this simpl problem. Given a data set: x,y 10,3.9 8,3.2 7,2.8 6,2.2 5,1.4 4.5,0.8 4,0.01 3.8,-0.4 3.6,-1 3.5,-1.4 3.4,-1.8 3.3,-2.4 3.2,-3.2 3.1,-4.6 3.05,-6 One could look at the data and say, "that looks like the curve y=ln(x) but with a different asymptote other than the y-axis and possibly scaling factor." So we choos...

CScrollView strange behavior with TabbedTextOut and CreatePointFont
Hello! I'm trying, for the first time, to write some text on a CScrollView and it's working very strange. I have a method CFont* GetFont(); Which looks like this: CFont* CMeProxyView::GetFont() { if (m_pFont == NULL) { m_pFont = new CFont; if (m_pFont) { // Default to 9 pt Arial BOOL brc = m_pFont->CreatePointFont(90, "Ariel"); } } return m_pFont; } In OnDraw I the call CFont* pPreviousFont = pDC->SelectObject(GetFont()); So the first time it will default to 9 pt Arial I the loop thru a CStringList and write out every CString in the list ...

Problems with MFC list controls
I have a large list control with many inventory control items displayed within. When someone single clicks on an item, it displays information about that item in another part of the dialog. I have a three-fold problem, the master list has multiple columns in it, in order to make the selection work properly, only column 0 can be selected, is there a way to make a valid row selection if you select an item using any of the other columns? Second issue is the highlight of the selection. Only column 0 in the list control will highlight, is there a way to make the entire row highlight when an...

Next button problems
I have a next button in a form that I have criteria for. I have a date field that has to be entered before going to another record. When I click the next button I get the pop up that says click update to continue but the form displays the next record instead of staying on the current record that needs updating. Here is the code that I am using. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Private Sub Command39_Click() If IsNull([Post Called Customer]) Then MsgBox "You must click the UPDATE button to continue!!!" Cancel = True End If On Erro...

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Problem with message routing between EXCH2K and EX2K3
We are running a ver simply Exchange topology, with an Exchange 2000 single server (ServerA) acting as "dumb" Information Store. Incoming and outbound SMTP email is relayed through a Linux based SMTP host relay on the same subnet, which handles all domain lookups for mail routing. ServerA is configured to use to the Linux SMTP server as it's smart host. The domain is a native Windows 2003 AD topology. My problem is the following: I have recently added a new Exchange 2003 Server (ServerB) into our Exchange site topology. If I create a user (UserA) on ServerA and then do a...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns