strange free/busy symptoms.

Hi everyone,

TIA for any advice.

I am posting here because I do not thing at this time it is an Outlook
issue.  I have a user that cannot view free-busy scheduling when
creating a new appointment and / or meeting request.  What appears is
the white, diagonal lines bar  'No Information'.

Here is some other information:

This person (along with everyone else) is using Exchange / Outlook
2003, SP2 with all updates.

I've had him try the /cleanfreebusy switch with out any improved
results.

This does not happen all the time!  One out of six (or so) tries, he
will be able to view the scheduling fine.

He is able to properly open the users calendar and view it.  However as
soon as he attempts to create an appointment, the schedule becomes
'No Information'.

Different, known good computers result in the same symptoms.

Different sub-nets result in the same symptoms.

No other users have this problem, on the same Exchange server or on
different Exchange servers.

Any thoughts?

Andy S.

0
andsel (3)

Can't update free/busy for Exch 2003 clients.
We have two administrative groups, and the servers in one are in a separate domain and same with the other. The users cannot update their free/busy the second administrative group is all 2003 servers, the first is all 2000, so the free/busy was created with 2000, and has been reset based on the article to reset the GUID. All offline folders and the free/busy is set to replicate to all servers. Here is the error on the server: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8207 Date: 5/22/2004 Time: 6:20:01 PM User: N/A Computer: NVL-CS3N1 De...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #2
Just installed over Office 2003 the Business Contact Manager, and it keeps giving me error message "Database creation has failed" when I try to start it up. Upgraded over Office XP on Windows XP with all the latest updates. It's driving me mad. Suggestions? Thanks, T ...

move sharepoint databases Business Portal 4.0
I am attempting to move wss 3.0 databases from a sql 2000 to a sql 2005 on same server. I read the article id 862672, but this seems to apply to wss 2.0. I read a technet article that says to use preparetomove stsadm command before detach, but I get an error message that says ""Missing operation name or the operation name is invalid". Is there a new procedure for move sharepoint databases available? ...

Business Alert #3
Last night, Business Alert didn't send out any report. I created a Business Alert for testing. Test Mail with no problem. Test Alert with no problem. But it just won't send report on the scheduled time. I am using GP8-SP2 and I do have data for this Business Alert to send out. Please help. Thanks. Sam Sam, did you have it set to send an email or an alert? If email, you must have SQL mail running for the email alert to go out. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Frank, Thanks for your hint. I start the SQLSERVERAGENT in database server...

Business Contact Manager #23
I saw this on the web page for Office 2003 Professional: "note: Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 will be disabled in the presence of a Microsoft Exchange- technologies-based e-mail system". Does this mean that BCM will not work if MS Exchange is being used for E-Mail? Yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Chuck asked: | I saw this...

Strange permission problem
We are doing a mailbox mirgration from e2k to e2k3. everyone migrated is working fine with the exception of one individual. His mail was fine until we moved his mailbox to the e2k3 which is a member of the e2k (first exchange server). Whenever he tries to send he gets a message from the sys admin stating that he does not have the permission to send to this recipient. He can not send internally nor external. No one else is experiencing this issue except for this one user. Everyone is using the same system, XP/SP1 Outlook 03. Do you have any restrictions on sending in your SMTP Con...

Which Office 2010 Configuration Do I Need For Our New Business?
We are starting a new medium sized business and need help deciding which MS Office products we will need. Can someone direct me to the proper place to get this information? So far I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks Office 2010 is still in BETA. You could review all info out there for 2007 which is available for purchase. Saidas wrote: > We are starting a new medium sized business and need help deciding which MS > Office products we will need. Can someone direct me to the proper place to > get this information? So far I haven't been able to find a...

Free busy info publishing
Hi I am a newbie using Outlook 2003. Outlook is publishing the info to the vfb file but it is just a bunch of numbers. How does one make sense of the same. Is there a better way of publishing the same. regards Sam -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notif...

Business Alerts #4
I am trying to create a Business alert right now and for some reason when I go to select the tables for the alert to choose from and I select sales, I get nothing coming up. What I would like to do is create an alert on the Posting Definitions Master and get columns from the Sales Process Holds Master to show up in the report. Any idea why these wouldn't be showing up or why they aren't in my list? Thanks in advance. Brad ...

How do I bring up the Business Card Options in Task Pane?
I am trying to set up Business Cards to print 10 up, but can not find the Business Card Options, button/tool that is supposed to appear in the tasks. Any suggestions? Linda File, page setup...business cards. Click "Change copies per sheet button", side .75, top .5, set gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Linda Wilson" <LindaWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8FA3C40-DFAC-454A-AC0C-70DF6C00E2E3@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up Business Cards to pr...

Close Appointment in CRM changes Outlook appt to Free on sync CRM
I noticed a behavior, and it seems like it should not function this way. If you track an Outlook appointment in CRM, then close the CRM appointment, the next time CRM syncs to Outlook the Outlook appointment's free/busy is changed to free from busy. Granted the CRM appointment is now closed, but I don't think this should change the appointment to Free, which is an inaccurate representation of what the appointment was. If you agree, please post to this comment. Thanks. ...

Whynter Free-Standing Hot and Cold Water Dispenser with Storage
List Price:$164.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000V6R7HW Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000V6R7HW Feel like a I got a real steal on this water dispenser. It is a stainless steel appliance that is very contemporary in design. Both the hot and cold water functions are as advertised. Easy to setup and use. The child lock on the hot water is a brilliant feature especially if for home use. From box to first use in less than 10 mins. Hot water is very hot, cold water is very cold. Great sized item if you lack space. Great looking item. I am...

Modifying an existing business portal feature
Is there a way to modify existing business portal pages/events? In Great Plains we accomplish this with dexterity based triggers and modified forms. All of the documentation I have found is able integrating your own application with the business portal and there is no mention about modifying existing features. ...

Problems with MS Excel Help (Office 2000 SR-1 Small Business)
Just recently, when I go to help, when I click the "See Also" items, I get "an error has occurred in the script on this page" from Internet Explorer running script. Other data is: Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: Object doesn't support this property and Method. Code: 0 URL: mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft% 20Office\Office\1033\xlmain9.chm::/html/xlfctSIN.htm Also, in VBA help, for objects the items usually at the top of the page for properties, methods, events, etc. are replsaced by a small box with a period in it, and clicking these does nothing. I have unin...

reloaded Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business after reloading Vista
I had to reload my operating system. I re-installed Microsoft Money. It wants me to register again. I enter the key but it tells me the online services have expired. Now we all know that by now. How do I get around this so it does not become inoperable in 60 days. Chris In microsoft.public.money, Chris Fazio wrote: >I had to reload my operating system. I re-installed Microsoft Money. It >wants me to register again. I enter the key but it tells me the online >services have expired. Now we all know that by now. How do I get around >this so it does not b...

I cannot see a collegue's free/busy appts on the calendar?
I am trying to schedule a con call and cannot see my attendee's free/busy time to see when they are available. Do they have to allow me to see it on their end? If so, I don't know how to do this. ...

No Longer have Administrative Role (Business Solutions 1.2)
Hello I have accidentally deleted the Administrative Role from my CRM. (Business Solutions 1.2) Every user that now tries to log on get a Licence Error Telling the user The selected user or user trying to log on has not been assigned a security role or license, and does not have sufficient privileges for this action. For more information, contact you system administrator. Is there any way that I can reinstate the Administrative Role or is there some tool that I can use to reinstate the Administrative Role? On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:12:13 +1000, "Paul" <paulmNOSPAMmesser@ho...

Money Plus Home and Business / password after windows reinstallati
Dear, I am using the trial version of Money Plus Home and Business. After a total reinstallation of my OS (XP Home), I tried to open my .mny file. This file was using a simple password (not live id). When trying to open my file I have to do 2 consecutive logins, the first displays no message and the second fails with 'The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again.' I have a backup but which does not contain most of my data. I am however able to restore this money backup, my password is accepted. Please help.. -- Panos ...

List of free time in Outlook
I want to be able to print a list of free times (ie those that I am available for appointments) from my Outlook calendar. Anyone know how to do this? I don't want to have to use the meetings scheduler. Mike Cameron ...

Addressbook strange behaviour
Closing and reopening outlook leads to the following error: Clicking on addressbook button, outlook displays a message box that "microsoft exchange server is preventing......". Addressbook continues to display that message as long as i click on the 'show names from the" dropdown box. To work around i have to do these: a) Close outlook b) Remove my outlook profile c) Create a new outlook profile (the service i use is exchange server) After all, outlook behaves just fine. If i close and reopen..... Thanks in advance baspet ...

Getting a strange error when I try to view an XML file from VS.NET
The error message that I'm getting is: "Cannot find the file 'C:\text.xml' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available". I've attached the file that I have saved at C:\text.xml. It's a simple XML file that I threw together for testing. But it's giving me that error. Does anyone have any idea why I might be getting this, and (more importantly) how I can fix it? Thanks! -Scott begin 666 test.xml M/#]X;6P@=F5R<VEO;CTG,2XP)R!E;F-O9&EN9STG=71F+3@G(#\^#0H\<75O M=&4^#0H\5&...

Setting up Business Units
I'm getting ready to set up 3 different business units, I can't seem to find any reference material on setting this up. Each BU is in a different country, using differenc currency, anthing special I need to know? Thanks, Ansley The system does not support multi-currency, so that is probably going to be a problem for you (unless you have found another solution for that). Otherwise, there is nothing "special" about BU setup. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Ansley" <Ansley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D83A0B47-CD24-4797-9379-B435...

Business Portal 2.0 Install
Greetings, I've installed Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 and am attempting to install GP Business Portal 2.0 and setting it up as a server farm. We are running GP 9.0. Windows SharePoint seems to work fine, I can go to http://servername and see the portal site. However when I try to open businessportal site http://servername/sites/businessportal I get you are not authorized to view this page. I'm using the login of the site admin so I'm not sure what the issue is. The IIS directory security is set for Integrated Windows Authentication and SSL is not required. I'm not ...

does CRM support IE7? I have a strange issue...
Hi, I'm admin of the CRM. if I access the users page using a Win 2003 computer with IE6, I can add / edit etc... a user account from my XP station with IE7 Beta 2, I can'T !!!! on the 2 systems I'm authenticated as myself. does it an IE7 issue? or else? thanks. Jerome. Curious I'm using IE7 Beta 2 with no problems at all. Make sure that Outlook is not open (it will knock out Settings area in CRM) and try clearing cookies in case that's a problem but got 4 people here currently using IE7 without this problem Roger "J�j�" <willgart_A_@hotmail_A_.com...

Strange Calendar Template Behaviour
If I create a new calendar (one page for now) and change the picture and shrink down the calendar bit to a 1/4 of the page, and then save it as a temple, I expected that when I create a new calendar based on the template, it look like the template I created earlier. Well, it does until I then change the date range at which point the formatting of the new pages is as the very _original_ page. It's as if Publisher 2003 is retaining its original format hidden somewhere inside the template I created ready to spring itself on you just when you don't want it and thought you had got rid of it...