Strange exmerge events during regular database maintenance

Ehlo group,

On Exchange 2007 SP1 with LCR I found strange events in applicaton log
during regular database maintenance.
A few minutes after regular database maintenance was start I found
this events in application log :
Event Type:       Error
Event Source:   ESE
Event Category:               General
Event ID:             482
User:                    N/A
eseutil (7173) An attempt to write to the file "C:\TEMPDFRG7173.EDB"
at offset 8209768448 (0x00000001e9572000) for 8192 (0x00002000) bytes
failed after 0 seconds with system error 112 (0x00000070): "There is
not enough space on the disk. ".  The write operation will fail with
error -1808 (0xfffff8f0).  If this error persists then the file may be
damaged and may need to be restored from a previous backup.

It looks like ESEUTIL try to do something and try to push tmp files to
C:\ and in this case C: is going to fill up.

Does anybody knows why ESEUTIL is running during database
maintenance ?
And if is running - why ESEUTIL try to push tmp files to system
partition ?

All of Exchange storage groups and databases keeps system files, logs
and EDB files on another partitions.
0
Lazy

On Nov 17, 10:47=A0am, Lazy Dog <lazy_...@gazeta.pl> wrote:
> Ehlo group,
>
> On Exchange 2007 SP1 with LCR I found strange events in applicaton log
> during regular database maintenance.
> A few minutes after regular database maintenance was start I found
> this events in application log :
> Event Type: =A0 =A0 =A0 Error
> Event Source: =A0 ESE
> Event Category: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 General
> Event ID: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 482
> User: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0N/A
> eseutil (7173) An attempt to write to the file "C:\TEMPDFRG7173.EDB"
> at offset 8209768448 (0x00000001e9572000) for 8192 (0x00002000) bytes
> failed after 0 seconds with system error 112 (0x00000070): "There is
> not enough space on the disk. ". =A0The write operation will fail with
> error -1808 (0xfffff8f0). =A0If this error persists then the file may be
> damaged and may need to be restored from a previous backup.
>
> It looks like ESEUTIL try to do something and try to push tmp files to
> C:\ and in this case C: is going to fill up.
>
> Does anybody knows why ESEUTIL is running during database
> maintenance ?
> And if is running - why ESEUTIL try to push tmp files to system
> partition ?
>
> All of Exchange storage groups and databases keeps system files, logs
> and EDB files on another partitions.

Hi Lazy Dog,

First of all try to take back of the Exchange Server, if you=92ll
receive an error at the main time, this mean that your Exchange DB is
corrupt.
Eseutil its running to check the health of the DB, also run the
following command to check if your DB is on clean state Eseutil /MH .
1.	with the /mh switch to check the consistency of the public and
private information stores. To do so, type the following commands at a
command prompt, pressing ENTER after each command:
eseutil /mh path\pub.edb
eseutil /mh path\priv.edb
where path is the location of the information store database files.
For example, if the database files are located in the Exchsrvr\Mdbdata
folder on drive C, type the following commands:
eseutil /mh c:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub.edb
eseutil /mh c:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv.edb
If the Eseutil.exe utility indicates that either database is not
consistent, proceed to step five and run the repair operations against
only the databases that are inconsistent.
Please let me know for the results.

Regards
Catastrophic Failure =93JV=94
0
Catastrophic
11/17/2009 10:35:40 AM
On 17 Lis, 11:35, "Catastrophic Failure \"JV\""
<catastrophic_fail...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 10:47=A0am, Lazy Dog <lazy_...@gazeta.pl> wrote:

Thanks for reply.

I know what ESEUTIL is, and I know how to use it.
My question is why I have this events during regular daily database
maintenance   (This maintenance is doing by System Exchange not by
Administrator)

Best Regards
0
Lazy
11/17/2009 12:54:31 PM
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:47:51 -0800 (PST), Lazy Dog
<lazy_dog@gazeta.pl> wrote:

>On Exchange 2007 SP1 with LCR I found strange events in applicaton log
>during regular database maintenance.
>A few minutes after regular database maintenance was start I found
>this events in application log :
>Event Type:       Error
>Event Source:   ESE
>Event Category:               General
>Event ID:             482
>User:                    N/A
>eseutil (7173) An attempt to write to the file "C:\TEMPDFRG7173.EDB"
>at offset 8209768448 (0x00000001e9572000) for 8192 (0x00002000) bytes
>failed after 0 seconds with system error 112 (0x00000070): "There is
>not enough space on the disk. ".  The write operation will fail with
>error -1808 (0xfffff8f0).  If this error persists then the file may be
>damaged and may need to be restored from a previous backup.
>
>It looks like ESEUTIL try to do something and try to push tmp files to
>C:\ and in this case C: is going to fill up.
>
>Does anybody knows why ESEUTIL is running during database
>maintenance ?

Sorry, I've never used LCR. Are you doing any sort of validation of
the database at that time? That's the only reason I can think of for
eseutil to run.

>And if is running - why ESEUTIL try to push tmp files to system
>partition ?

Because the /t parameter isn't specified and the current directory is
set to c:\.

>All of Exchange storage groups and databases keeps system files, logs
>and EDB files on another partitions.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
11/17/2009 2:28:56 PM
On 17 Lis, 15:28, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

> Sorry, I've never used LCR.

I thing (or I hope) that LCR have nothing to do in this case.

> Are you doing any sort of validation of
> the database at that time? That's the only reason I can think of for
> eseutil to run.

No, I don't do any database validation at this time.
This kind of errors we have only from time to time (once time for a
week)
0
Lazy
11/17/2009 2:55:43 PM
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:55:43 -0800 (PST), Lazy Dog
<lazy_dog@gazeta.pl> wrote:

>On 17 Lis, 15:28, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
><richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
>

>> Sorry, I've never used LCR.
>
>I thing (or I hope) that LCR have nothing to do in this case.

I said that only because your original post had that as part of the
configuration.

>> Are you doing any sort of validation of
>> the database at that time? That's the only reason I can think of for
>> eseutil to run.
>

>No, I don't do any database validation at this time.
>This kind of errors we have only from time to time (once time for a
>week)

Are there any backups that run around the same time? Are they
streaming backups or are they using snaps/clones that might require
verifying that the database is in good shape and contains no checksum
errors?

I can't say that I've ever seen ESEUTIL run as part of the scheduled
on-line maintenance tasks. Are there any scheduled tasks that run from
the O/S at that time?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
11/17/2009 3:22:50 PM
On 17 Lis, 16:22, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:55:43 -0800 (PST), Lazy Dog
> Are there any backups that run around the same time? Are they
> streaming backups or are they using snaps/clones that might require
> verifying that the database is in good shape and contains no checksum
> errors?

No, backups are starting after database maintenence.

> I can't say that I've ever seen ESEUTIL run as part of the scheduled
> on-line maintenance tasks. Are there any scheduled tasks that run from
> the O/S at that time?

No, ther is not any scheduled tasks.

> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

0
Lazy

Track registered products and trigger event
I have a very simple spreadsheet that has a column of serial numbers and next to it a column with a yes/no tracking whether a serial number has been registered or not. I want my sales team calling into an account once 50% of the serials are registered so I created a pivot table that simply has the yes/no field on the top and a count of each in the data. Then I created a pivot chart with the yes and no next to each other and the data labels displayed. So far so good and this does accomplish what I want at it's most simple level. What I would love to do though is: 1) change the count (a...

Access Database to Track Employee Times
Yesterday I had posted a question to see if anyone had an Access database that tracks employee times, very similar to a time clock. What I would like is to have a form that has all of the buttons on (Login, Break 1 Out, Break 1 In, Lunch, etc.) and when the user clicks these buttons, the time will be logged into a table. I would then like to report ONLY the times a person does not meet the rules of logging in, break times, etc. For example, if an employee clicks the login button anytime after 8:05 AM, I would like that time to first be copied to the master time table, and then...

database schema
Hello, Just need an input /advice... what are the deliverables for a typical software development project for an external customer. is it a norm to give the database design schema to customer, if yes, then in which format. Regards I think you need to get a contract project manager in asap. You are guaranteed to get the wrong thing right (most popular game in project management unless you have sought complete clarity from your customer on what will make the project successful and detailed this information in a Business case. The database schema is usually part of th...

Filegroup restore used to refresh database copy
I have TestDB1 comprised of 5 filegroups, which I've completed full/log backups to restore as TestDB2. When data changes within one filegroup on TestDB1, I've taken a diff' + tlog backup and tried to use it to restore on TestDB2 so that same filegroup would be essentially refreshed. My execution sequence uses the last full, last diff', and tlog from TestDB1 but this doesn't work? Why? Is there a way to do this ? Thx. -CqlBoy What do you mean by doesn't work? Are you getting an error or different results than you expected. Please provide more detai...

Where to find AdventureWorks database samples
Does anybody know where I can find the sample Adventureworks database? I need the most recent one for sql server 2008 sp1. Try this link http://www.codeplex.com/MSFTDBProdSamples Dave Ballantyne http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/sqlandthelike/ Andy B. wrote: > Does anybody know where I can find the sample Adventureworks database? I > need the most recent one for sql server 2008 sp1. > > Just what I needed. "Dave Ballantyne" <symlink@no5p323mmer> wrote in message news:%23EzXe6bxKHA.3560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Try this link > &g...

Windows XP event 1000
Anyone know about the Windows XP 64 event 1000 and 1001? What is this? Way too little information for us to give you any help, if you want more help copy and paste the event to your next post. To copy the event double click on it to open it then click on the clipboard icon at the top right, the one below the up/down arrows. Other than that you can see if you can find anything useful here: http://www.eventid.net/search.asp John user@domain.invalid wrote: > Anyone know about the Windows XP 64 event 1000 and 1001? What is this? thanks for the clipboard tip. I was clicking...

Event ID Error: 9785
We have used the database portability to transfer a database to another server and then moved the -configurationonly for those mailboxes to the new server. All user mailboxes are working fine but this error is coming up about every 2 minutes. We are using Exchange 2K7 SP2. MS knowledge base doesn't have any info on this error. What are the possible causes/fixes for this? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: Event History Event ID: 9785 Date: 12/9/2009 Time: 10:35:44 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCH2007B Description: An attempt to ...

Viewing tables in an SQL database
I can connect to my SQL Server 2000 database using "Import External Data" from Excel 2002 SP2. However, in the "Data Connection Wizard - Choose Data" dialog no tables appear. The MS sample database "Northwind" shows its tables. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks. I'd look at permissions in the database. My instinct would be to assume that Excel is using a database user which doesn't have any permissions on your database. Use Enterprise Manager to grant permissions to your user. On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:07:23 -0500, Andrew Chalk <achalk@XXXmagnaca...

Event ID: 8197, MSExchangeFBPublish
Howdy, I receive this error message everytime I reboot my new Exchange 2003 SP2 server running on Windows 2003 SP1 in a Windows 2003 domain. I've recently removed my first Exchange 2000 server in the org (followed KB 307917). To me it sounds like this error is occuring because "MSExchangeFBPublish" is trying to do something when the store has not been mounted yet. I've posted a number of events below to support this. Am I correct? If so how do I correct this? If I stop all of the MS Exchange Services and start them manually I don't not receive any errors. It only ...

strange queque
We are seeing an smtp queque with the name of our e2k server that we have disabled but have not remove yet on our e2k3 sp1 default smtp server. It which an internal smtp email address that does not exist. The smtp address uses the name of the two exchange servers and adding hypens and IS to it. It would look like E2K3SRV-IS@MYDOMAIN.COM sending to E2KSRV-IS@MYDOMAIN.COM. It looks like the E2K3 is trying to send to the E2K. We have moved all mailboxes from the E2K to the E2K3 and shut the E2K down to make sure everything works before we remove the E2K since it was the since exchang...

CEdit EN_CHANGE event is triggered twice on changing selected content?
Hi, I have the following problem: Normally, the EN_CHANGE event of a CEdit control is triggered once, if the caret is set within the control and a key is pressed. But if the caret is not only set but the content of the control is selected, the event is triggered twice! The thing is, I open a dialog window on the EN_CHANGE event. If the content of the edit control is not selected when changing it, the control gets updated immediately before the dialog is opened. But if the content is selected and is changed, the dialog gets opened BEFORE the change of the edit control gets visible. AFTER closi...

Strange but how to downgrade
It seems strange to do but we have done it. We upgraded from a Exchange 2000 to an Enterprise version of Exchange 2003 by error (we have 2003 Standard license). When we noticed we tried to reinstall Standard edition in another pc with a disaster recovery installation (to retain all settings); all worked well but now we have a Standard installation saying it is Enterprise. Any way to repair all this without having to reinstall from zero again? Thank you in advance. Emilio. You will need to re-install. Or install Standard on another box, add it to your org and move the mailboxes over. Or...

Useless identity database? #2
Hi, my "Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office X Identities/Main Identity/Database" has 300KB, the Office 2008 one 22MB. And I didn't even install Entourage! Can that file go in the trash? -- Tobias Weber ...

Event ID:2102 Source:MSExchangeDSAccess
Hello Folks, I am seeing Event ID:2102 Source:MSExchangeDSAccess error on Exchange 2000 Server (SP4 Windows) with Exchange SP# 3. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology Event ID: 2102 Date: 7/2/2005 Time: 7:00:02 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCH Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=1980). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: <Server list with FQDN> The connectivity with DC's is perfect andthe GC is online too. I rebooted all the GC's and Exchange and still the error comes again. POLICYTEST.exe is fine with the prvilege. Excha...

Regarding Event ID 1030
Hi All, I am getting this event id: 1030 in my Application log on a DC. So I refer to kb article: 842804 over http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842804. There are saying to verify the following: 1. Domain Controllers have the read and apply rights to the Domain Controllers Policy? - How I am going to verify this? 2. NTFS file system permissions and share permissions are set correctly on the SYSVOL share? - Please advise on this as well. Rest of the two measures I have verified, they are correct. Thanking You - NAJMUSSAQIB Hello NAJMUSSAQIB, If the GPO is ope...

Exmerge Permissions
Hi- I am trying to run Exmerge against an Exchange 2000 server for the purposes of archiving old users (those who have left the company) to PST. Many articles suggest creating an exmerge user for the sole purpose of running that utility. I am having trouble getting the permissions right. I create the exmerge user, put it in its own group, grant it Allow for Send and Receive for the server. However, then the user can't login interactively (or do RunAs...) on the server. If I add the user to the Domain Admins, it gets denied on the Send and Receive. What is the recommended setup for...

Weekly Maintenance Plan
Hello: The weekly maintenance plan that runs every week on Sunday morning in SQL 2005 failed for the first time in two years. The SQL error log stated: "Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly." Any ideas? childofthe1980s On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 04:14:03 -0700, childofthe1980s <childofthe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello: > >The weekly maintenance plan that runs every week on Sunday morning in SQL >2005 failed for the first ti...

Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance Lookup Very Slow
A client of ours on GP v6.0 has an issue with the document number lookup on the Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance window taking a couple of hours to return a result on their largest database and many minutes on their smaller databases. I notice KB article 857143 on Partnersource mentions the same issue for v8.0 but with no solution. Is there a known work around for this issue? They are soon to migrate to 8.0 but I would like to fix the issue in the short term and preferably not leave them with the same issue after the upgrade. Are they periodically moving receivables trans...

Exchange 2003 run database defragment show [Out of database page buffers]
run eseutil/p command on yesterday, after less than 24 hours, we found the error message "Operation terminated with error -1014 (JET_errorOut ofBuffer, Out of database page buffers) after 847,402.35 seconds" appear. ...

Deleting databases in exchange 2003
One of my storage groups has gone corrupt due to a hardware issue, and I managed to restore an older copy. I created a new storage group and have created new databases within this storage group. My problem is that when I take all of the accounts out of each database and transfer them to the new databases I am left with 2 accounts in each database that I can't delete or move, this in turn stops me from deleting these old databases and hence the storage group. these accounts are :SMTP mail and sytem mailbox. these 2 are in each database. How do I delete them? Any help is much apprecia...

Exchange Database recovered
I'm wondering if I can verify my Exchange server recovered correctly. Microsoft Server 2003 Standard SP1. Microsoft Exhange 2003 Enterprise Edition C: OS and Exchange install and logs D: only priv1.edb and priv1.stm files Boom goes the dynamite and the D: is gone. Get the full backup from last night. Use Backup Exec 10d to recover. Discover we are doing a “snapshot” backup and not using the Exchange Agent. So I can’t do a Remote Storage Group type of restore. Instead run a job that copies back the 2 database files to a new D: drive. I thought I would have to replay the T-logs, b...

clear up for Event/Mutex etc.
I am using: CreateMutex() / CreateEvent() to create Event / Mutex. After program done. How should I clear up? Using CloseHandle()? Is it required? or it just is close automatically when handle is out of the scope? Handle will be out of scope when your program terminates :) So close them with CloseHandle(...) when you are done with them. -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft - MVP "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1137184482.030539.30430@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am using: CreateMutex() / CreateEvent() to create Event / Mutex. > After program done. How...

Obtaining a hot fix for Event 9582
Greetings! I have an Exchange 2000 Server standard edition (SP3 + latest roll-up) running on Windows 2K (SP4 + latest updates). The server has 2 GB of RAM and I do NOT have the /3GB switch in the boot.ini file. Yesterday this server began generating memory fragmentation errors. The event log item is below: "Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: Performance Event ID: 9582 Description: The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange s...

AfterUpdate event not firing when control is updated via code
I have a text box control on a form which is normally updated by the user. However, there are instances where a generic code is used in this field, and I have a button on the form that the user clicks to populate that control with the generic code. My problem is I have code in that text box control's AfterUpdate event that does not fire when the text box is updated by the command button's code. This is the underlying code of the command button (it pops up a form which updates the field in the main form... this is the code from that second form): Private Sub Command24_Click() D...

Close Event for the Database (?)
Is there a close event for the database? I have forms referencing other forms, and if the user closes Access without backing out of the forms, an error message pops up. It would be hand to just trap that error in an "On close" event for the entire db. Of course that might be a horrible thing when other errors are happening on close.... -- croy ...