Strange communicaiton problem between E2K3 BE & FE servers

Hi there,

Exch2003SP1 with BE & FE config, both running on w2k3 (no sp) servers.

All in  a sudden, around 11am this morning, outgoing internet emails pending
at BE's
"Internet Mail - _6f11108f04be1b4fa16208b3824b69aa_S (SMTP Connector)"
queue,
in which when force it to retry, at additional queue information,
it said "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt".
However there is no problem of incoming internet emails at the moment.

Already restarted both SMTP virtual server at FE & BE, didn't help on the
outgoing mails problem.

On both BE & FE servers, can telnet each other's port 25.  Both can telnet
to 3rd parties mail server port 25.

To temporary enable outgoing mails, in SMTP connector I changed the
bridgehead server from FE to BE,
then BE server directly sent all outgoing mails.

When I changed the bridgehead server back to FE, when someone else sent
outgoing email,
it queued at BE's "Internet Mail - _alphanumeric_string_S (SMTP Connector)"
queue again.

I'll reboot the server later tonight.  Just wondering if this problem being
seen before & any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0
leemutpo (79)

Download smtpdiag and see what it reports.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=bc1881c7-925d-4a29-bd42-71e8563c80a9&displaylang=en.

-GT
"Leemutpo" <leemutpo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Exch2003SP1 with BE & FE config, both running on w2k3 (no sp) servers.
>
> All in  a sudden, around 11am this morning, outgoing internet emails
> pending at BE's
> "Internet Mail - _6f11108f04be1b4fa16208b3824b69aa_S (SMTP Connector)"
> queue,
> in which when force it to retry, at additional queue information,
> it said "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt".
> However there is no problem of incoming internet emails at the moment.
>
> Already restarted both SMTP virtual server at FE & BE, didn't help on the
> outgoing mails problem.
>
> On both BE & FE servers, can telnet each other's port 25.  Both can telnet
> to 3rd parties mail server port 25.
>
> To temporary enable outgoing mails, in SMTP connector I changed the
> bridgehead server from FE to BE,
> then BE server directly sent all outgoing mails.
>
> When I changed the bridgehead server back to FE, when someone else sent
> outgoing email,
> it queued at BE's "Internet Mail - _alphanumeric_string_S (SMTP
> Connector)" queue again.
>
> I'll reboot the server later tonight.  Just wondering if this problem
> being seen before & any suggestion?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!

0
GT
2/10/2006 11:59:21 AM
Hi GT,

When problem happened, i run smtpdiag on both be & fe, no special errors
found, btw on both fe & be server, i run smtpdiag my@email.addr
recipient@outside.addr

What else should i test?  many thanks!

"GT" <DSS4u@+++nospam+++HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
> Download smtpdiag and see what it reports.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=bc1881c7-925d-4a29-bd42-71e8563c80a9&displaylang=en.
>
> -GT
> "Leemutpo" <leemutpo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Exch2003SP1 with BE & FE config, both running on w2k3 (no sp) servers.
>>
>> All in  a sudden, around 11am this morning, outgoing internet emails
>> pending at BE's
>> "Internet Mail - _6f11108f04be1b4fa16208b3824b69aa_S (SMTP Connector)"
>> queue,
>> in which when force it to retry, at additional queue information,
>> it said "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt".
>> However there is no problem of incoming internet emails at the moment.
>>
>> Already restarted both SMTP virtual server at FE & BE, didn't help on the
>> outgoing mails problem.
>>
>> On both BE & FE servers, can telnet each other's port 25.  Both can
>> telnet to 3rd parties mail server port 25.
>>
>> To temporary enable outgoing mails, in SMTP connector I changed the
>> bridgehead server from FE to BE,
>> then BE server directly sent all outgoing mails.
>>
>> When I changed the bridgehead server back to FE, when someone else sent
>> outgoing email,
>> it queued at BE's "Internet Mail - _alphanumeric_string_S (SMTP
>> Connector)" queue again.
>>
>> I'll reboot the server later tonight.  Just wondering if this problem
>> being seen before & any suggestion?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help!

0
leemutpo (79)

Oulook Express 6 Connection problem
Recently, I am having serious problems not being able to secure a connection when sending e-mail via Outlook Express6. I am getting a Cannot find server message Number 0x800cccCO131. Many times, Outlook disconnects altogether and I frequently get a "Can't Find Page" message for either Inbox, or Sent folders although in some instances thhe message disappears and the folder appears as I wsitch folders. This is all very disconcerting and affects my business as well as costing many hours of lost downtime. Need help fast (before I lose my mind--or business). Stan Bodner Hi - ...

trying to export .aba file from Palm Desktop to .csv file and having problems with irregular characters
I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? Here's a pic of what they look like" http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=howtoeliminatesquareseu6.jpg > I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of > the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that > are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? > Here's a pic of what they look like" I hate to ask what...

Hosted Project Server 2007 / 2010
Hi- Anyone currently using a hosted instance of Project Server 2007? I would be interested in your experiences regarding how well the solution is working for you has it been cheaper than hosting internally your experiences re service packs, CUs, server patch levels etc. vendor resopnse to issues connectivity issues customizability (can you do your own or does vendor need to do them) security backup / restore surprises (hidden costs, inability to do expected functions) We are seriously looking at the costs of moving to 2010 (Sharepoint Enterprise CALS, etc.) and hosting may b...

GP 8.0 + SQL Server 2000 SP4 (installing SP 4)
Hello there, We have running the GP 8.0 on a SQL Server 2000 database with no service pack. I've just downloaded the SQL Server 2000 SP 4 and I'm planning to upgrade the database. I'm concerning as to whether or not there might be side effects on the GP functionality if I install the SQL Server SP 4. Is it safe to make this upgrade ? or Are there some technical issues ? Thanks in advance. Kind regards Cesar I've been running sp4 for months with GP 8, sp2, and I've had no problems. ...

I can't get Outlook to connect to an IMAP4 server
I'm trying to connect Outlook 2000 SP3 (Windows XP Pro, all patches installed, 700 MHz Pentium III, 320 Mb RAM) to Mercury/32 v. 4.01 (Windows 2000 Pro, all patches installed, 350 MHz, 416 Mb RAM). The machines are on a small network running Ethernet (100Base-T full duplex) using a Linksys router/switch. The IMAP server PC has a static IP (192.168.1.222) - the Outlook machine does not. I know that the static IP is correct - can connect to Mercury's HTTP server by pointing Internet Explorer 6 at the IP. I have two problems: 1. When I create an IMAP account, I do not get an...

Multi-Server jobs do not run on master server MSX
Hello I defined one of my server as master server (MSX) for multi-server jobs. 3 other servers (in fact: instances) are defined as target. My problem is that some jobs are defined as Multi-Server jobs, but I cannot make them run on the MSX, except if I also create the same job for local use, which I think is a bit stupid. Of course, I cannot enlist a target as master. So how to make jobs that run locally AND on targets ? Pierrot ...

offline sync problem
Yesterday I had a customer's 8 register system lose internet connectivity, so all the registers went off-line. They are using RMS 1.2 SR3 on a SBS Professional 2003 Server with XP SP2 registers. When internet connectivity was restored today, all but one of the registers sync'd. On the register that did not, the last transaction in the batch was at about 7:40pm yesterday. No transactions were recorded after that time. I manually took the register off-line today and could not find any batch or blind-closed batch with any transactions after 7:40pm. I also checked, via MS Acce...

server error 03-01-10
i keep getting this error and i dont know how to fix it The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Windowa Mail', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "d" <d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:906AB3BC-7B68-42EB-8A09-45A341BECD31@microsoft.com... >i keep getting this error and i dont know how to fix it > > The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have en...

Problem with Table Column Not Expanding
I've got text in a table column that extends beyond the visible edge of the column. It appears that Word 2007 is not actually extending the table as it should but stops right at the page break. On the Table tab of Table properties, make sure text wrapping is set to None. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message news:%23IRfeJbgKHA.5564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I've got text in a table column that extends beyond the visible edge...

dashed line printing problem
Hi, I am having problem in printing charts which has dashed lines. Whenever I make a graph which has dashed line instead of solid line, on the computer screen those lines appears to be dashed but when I print the graph those lines come to be solid. I believe it's bug in excel. I was reading and microsoft suggest installing service pack 3 for the office to get the problem rectified. I installed the service pack but the problem still persists. Can somebody help me if he know the work around with this problem. Prashant ...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
After un-installing Norton Internet Security using Add/Remove Programs I get the message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" when trying to run Outlook. I have tried removing all account info, running with /safe etc, reinstalling office xp, reinstalling Windows 2000 but still cannot start outlook. Any ideas anyone??? ...

problem with header rule...
i seems to have a problem with only one rule type.. i have a rule that says to permanently delete any mail which contains certain words in the header.. i also have the same basic one for words in senders and recipients names... but on those rules i have no problems with it just checkin the perm. delete only, but on the header rule it turns on the stop processing more rules checkbox automatically if i have the perm. delete on... i dont want the stop one on.. just the perm delete... for now i just moved this rule to last place so it is the last one to process anything ayways, but i wou...

Problem when trying to make initially invisible a dialog base app
Hi all.. I programmed a dialog based application that shows an icon in the traybar. Since all functionality is made from a menu shown when user clicks on that icon, I want the dialog to be invisible at startup. I tried it by using SetWindowPos(........., SWP_HIDEWINDOW) and ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) API's in OnInitDialog method but always the dialog is shown. What can I do? Thanks Jaime > > I programmed a dialog based application that shows an icon in the traybar. > Since all functionality is made from a menu shown when user clicks on that > icon, I want the dialog to be inv...

Problem with Outlook 98 Not Closing
We have some clients who recently began running Outlook 2003 over dialup RAS without any problems, but when they use a LAN or dialup connected machine with Outlook 98, the Outlook client won't fully close unless they manually close it with task manager or logoff or restart the machine. A dialog stating that Outlook is exiting remains on the screen and doesn't disappear. The problem began once they started using Outlook 2003. Interestingly enough, Outlook 97 exits without any problems. Does 2003 make some changes on the Exchange server that cause Outlook 98 to try to run some...

calender problems
By mistake I imported(old Schedule plus import) another user's calender into my outlook (I meant to just look at his calender). Now, of course, "people" (I still have this in testing mode) so no big deal, yet) think they are looking at my calender instead of his. How can I fix this? Also, his admin assistant has to view his calender, however, she has to use another Exchange server and you can't use two Exchange servers. Since I screwed up the import, viewing her boss's calender(in OWA) is impossible. Please advise. "amyb" <amy@npsg.ncifcrf.gov> wr...

SMTP VIRTUAL Server
Hello all, I have a brand new Exchange 2003 Enterprise server that works fine. The problem is that whenever I restart the server or cold boot, the Default SMTP virtual Server in Exchange System Manager (under protocols) has to be stopped and started manually. I have the service pack and hotfix loaded. Any suggestions? Thank you I would check your Event Viewer Application log for any errors after your reboot. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Tpoole" <tpoole89@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OZlVjASaEHA.1488@TK2MSFTNGP09.ph...

Installing Service Packs on Exchange Server 2003
Have one Exchange 2003 front End server and two Exchange 2003 back end servers. Have not installed any service packs on these systems yet. Just got OK from change control board to install these. Just wanted to know what would be the best process to install these ? Do I need to go to SP1 first then SP2 or does SP2 contain SP1 updates as well? Do I do the front end server first? Thanks! On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:58:02 -0700, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have one Exchange 2003 front End server and two Exchange 2003 back end >servers. Have not installed any s...

Update Problem 06-28-10
Recently, I downloaded & installed updates by going to the Windows Update site -- just like I regularly do, . The update process went fine -- all updates were installed. NOW, however, the program (Acronis) that I regularly use to backup my hard-drive crashes with a BSOD specifying a kernel error. I guess that I will have to UNinstall these updates to be able to run that program. Is there any way I can find out which update is causing the problem so I only have to UNinstall only one of these updates? I use WinXP Pro SP2. On 2010-06-28 2:52 p.m., MN wrote: > Rece...

DPM 2007 SP1: Windows Server 2008 R2: Could not connect to SQL Server Reporting Server because of IIS Connectivity issues
Hi, I'm experiencing "Could not connect to SQL Server Reporting Server because of IIS Connectivity issues" and checked the wildcard script mappong permission for ISAPI Extentions in IIS 7: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795696.aspx Actually in my Windows Server 2008 R2 this was already ok But still it does not work. Did anybody get this to run? Thanks, Adrian Adrian Miller ...

ftp server
hi everybody I need to create a ftp server on a pc. The pc will: wait for a ftp connection from a remote computer accept or refuse that client do ftp stuff like get put delete files, for example I look into msdn and find nothing for now. Any clue will be appreciated. Thanks! -- Normand Bilodeau There are a HUGE number of really good FTP servers available free; why write one? joe On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:35:58 -0500, "Normand" <n_bilodeau@videotron.ca> wrote: >hi everybody >I need to create a ftp server on a pc. >The pc will: > wait for a ft...

Problem with XmlSerializer
When i make a call to XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); I get this error Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key what is the cause of this? <jw56578@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1126047360.427054.306130@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When i make a call to > > XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); > I get this error > Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key > > what is the cause of this? > Don't use a string...use an object XmlSerializer xs = new XmlS...

Starting POP3 virtual servers
Can someone please tell me how to start a virtual POP3 server? The POP3 service is started but I need to stop and start the virtual servers .... thanks all, jON Using Exchange System Manager How to Start, Pause, or Stop a Virtual Server http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/66531489-40b3-456e-8d8d-0544dd12762f.mspx "Jon Rowlan" <jon.rowlan@sads.com> wrote in message news:eDX4V1EkGHA.4660@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can someone please tell me how to start a virtual POP3 server? > > The POP3 service is started but I need to s...

Server and Client based Rules in Outlook
HI, I created both Server and Client based rules in Outlook to respond to emails. The client based one is "if an email comes from a specific email, respond with a specified template". The server based one is "If an email comes from a specific email, respond with a message from the server". My issue is that these rules will only respond once to an email address, is there a way to have the rules respond to an email address no matter how many times it comes in? We can't use out of office assistant because those responses have been blocked from going ...

Share point installation on windows server 2008 R2
I have registered for MS partnership programs and gat the setup CD for Windows Server 2008 R2 and installed it. I have even the sharepoint Installation cd 64-bit. When I tried to install the sharepoint server I got the exception as there are compatibility issues. I have also searched for a solution on microsoft site and I was told that I should install WSS3.0. I have downloaded it and installed. After installation, the sharepoint server also got installed and when I try to add any new document under shared Documents section, I am getting an exception. Would any one help me in ...