Store.exe eats all the CPU power

Hello I have exchange 2003 SP2 and this problem. Store.exe takes 60-100%
   of CPU Athlon 64 3000+. It leads to long clients response and
sometimes with time out error.
This repeats about 3 times a day. User load is very low (8 users)
I have tried to stop antivirus (NOD32) but it is still the same.
Restarting service or rebooting server doesn't help.

thanks,
LV

Check this out
Why is Exchange Store.exe so RAM hungry?
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/08/02/206012.aspx

Cheers
oz

Best regards, Good Luck
Oz Ozugurlu
____________________________
MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
Http://www.msexchange911.org
Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)

"Ladislav Veselý" wrote:

> Hello I have exchange 2003 SP2 and this problem. Store.exe takes 60-100%
>    of CPU Athlon 64 3000+. It leads to long clients response and
> sometimes with time out error.
> This repeats about 3 times a day. User load is very low (8 users)
> I have tried to stop antivirus (NOD32) but it is still the same.
> Restarting service or rebooting server doesn't help.
>

> thanks,
> LV

0
oz952 (210)
5/17/2006 11:18:01 AM
I have checked that link, but there are informations about exchange
memory allocation - not about the CPU load. I have problem with high
processor usage...
Exchange normally eats a lot of RAM memory because it's an exchange
issue. More memory more performance. But 60-100% cpu load is a serious
problem. As I mentioned below, users have timeout errors with outlook -
server is not responding because of processor overload.

oz@msexchange911.org wrote:
> Check this out
> Why is Exchange Store.exe so RAM hungry?
> http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/08/02/206012.aspx
>

> Cheers
> oz
>

> Best regards, Good Luck
> Oz Ozugurlu
> ____________________________
> MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
> Http://www.msexchange911.org
> Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)
>

> "Ladislav Veselý" wrote:
>

>>Hello I have exchange 2003 SP2 and this problem. Store.exe takes 60-100%
>>   of CPU Athlon 64 3000+. It leads to long clients response and
>>sometimes with time out error.
>>This repeats about 3 times a day. User load is very low (8 users)
>>I have tried to stop antivirus (NOD32) but it is still the same.
>>Restarting service or rebooting server doesn't help.
>>

>>thanks,
>>LV

What if you disable the NOD32 service, then reboot the server.
You may need to even go so far as to uninstall NOD

"Ladislav Vesel´┐Ż" <ladislav.vesely@seznam.cz> wrote in message
> Hello I have exchange 2003 SP2 and this problem. Store.exe takes 60-100%
> of CPU Athlon 64 3000+. It leads to long clients response and sometimes
> with time out error.
> This repeats about 3 times a day. User load is very low (8 users)
> I have tried to stop antivirus (NOD32) but it is still the same.
> Restarting service or rebooting server doesn't help.
>

> thanks,
> LV

0
exchangemvp (657)

onenote 2007 problem
hi from brazil. i have a hard problem with onenote. i can start and use it, but when i close the program the process continues endless, days and days on. it was working correctly, but two week ago the error started. i've tried google it, but it was useless. tried to wait days with the notebook turned on and the process running... useless too. tried to delete the onenote cache... didn't work too. tried to unistall and install again... the problem remains. besides the endless process, that i can finish from process manager ( but it once i use onenote and close, it comes b...

Combine EXE and DLL
Hi All, I finished my RemoteApp kiosk-type app. When it builds it makes the exe and a couple DLLs for the Remote Desktop ActiveX. I have tried placing the Dlls and the exes on the desktop of another computer (but the app crashes). When I go to publish, it makes a Clickonce installer which would mean I have to publish it to the server and stuff (it is possible, if its the easiest way). How can I just combine everything in a runnable (no install) exe (using VS2010 RTM and C#)? Matt On 21-05-2010 15:27, Matthew Arkin wrote: > I finished my RemoteApp kiosk-type app. When it b...

Turning a EXE into a DLL
I am new to VC ++ so I am in need of some help. I have an application written in vb.net and VB. The VB.NET application is using a control that leaks memory and I am trying to eliminate or greatly reduce this leak. So I am transfering it to C++. I have gotten it working as a MFC application using the VS 2003. Now I need to convert it to a DLL that I can call from a VB6 application. I have reviewed all sorts of information about how this is suppose to work. The main object from this is that the EXE has a dialog screen open with a bunch of buttons attached to it. I need to pass some param...

Browserchoice.exe -> malware?
After turning PC on, got HTML window prompting for BrowserChoice. The windows looks like a fake scam window. I closed window. Also, Shortcut icon "Browser Choice" has been added on Desktop, with target path C:\WINDOWS\system32\browserchoice.exe /launch Is the malware or some "legit" application and how to remove it? From: "Balzer" <balzer@nospam.microsoft.news> | After turning PC on, got HTML window prompting for BrowserChoice. The | windows looks like a fake scam window. I closed window. Also, Shortcut icon | "Browser Choice" ...

Converting JET Queries to MSDE Stored Procedures
We are converting to MSDE in Access2000. The biggest challenge seems to be migrating the queries to MSDE stored procedures. I was trying to find out if there are any tools out there that can make this migration easier. I would appreciate any advice and comments to help make this migration easier. We have about 300 queries to recreate as stored procedures. You don't mention if you are talking about a adp project here, or a linked mdb file? Are you using the enterprise tools to manage the MSDE (you can do this). Assuming a linked mdb file, then you have a few choices: #1 - don'...

extended stored procedures causing logical page errors?
Where do I get the latest SDKs for building extended stored procedures? I know they are frowned upon these days, but in this case I have no choice. Thanks. What version of SQL Server are you using? If it is 2005 or 2008 you should look at using CLR functions or stored procedures and all you need is dotnet. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Neil W" <neilw@netlib.com> wrote in message news:OWpTPZcfKHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Where do I get the latest SDKs for building extended stored procedures? I > know they are fro...

Dynamics.exe Event Viewer Error
One of my clients has seeing this error message pop up in their event viewer repeatedly for quite a while. Just curious to see if anyone else has come across this message in the past, or maybe know how to stop it from occurring: Faulting application Dynamics.exe, version 8.0.0.86, faulting module ZSDDMUI.DLL, version 6.2.411.0, fault address 0x00006b4f. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Hi Nevma This looks like a print driver issue: zsddmui.dll is a process belonging to the SuperPrint program . "zsddmui.dll is a ZSDDMUI" "belonging to SuperPrint" "from Z...

External Quantum rackmount tapedrive, power does not auto turn on
Hi Folks, I seem to be dealing with a strange problem, all the tape drives I have ever delt with as soon as you flip the power switch to on, the device stays on, and the "on" setting survives a loss of power. With this new Quantum LTO3 rackmount external tape drive, it has a "soft on" power button on the front of the drive. If you unplug power to the drive, then replug it back in... it does not "automaticly" turn on. In a server environment... this is not good. All servers need to "autoboot" in the event of extended power loss. We have very large UPS...

copy database to new store
We are opening another store and I would like to copy the existing database (items, cashiers, ect.) to the new stores computer but need to delete all the sales history and transactions. Can this be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Larry Yes this can be done. You can take the back-up and restore / install the database in the new store RMS system. You can also delete all sales transactions from the Admin. Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc 732-791-2894 www.diviasoft.com "Larry Jenuwine" <LarryJenuwine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52087...

Where should be the best place to stored Applcation Data Files?
Hi all, I've written an application which will write a data file (user settings & preference) in system folder ( returned by the API GetSystemDirectory() ), such that the settings will be retained in next execution. This approach work fine in Win98, 2000, XP. However, in Vista, it doesn't work! No file was allowed to be created under System32 and the error return is "Access Denied". The most strange thing is this problem only happened in some PC, even they are in same vista version! I can't find any reason for that. Microsoft seems try to block the write acce...

Info Required With Deleting Mail Box Stores, Help Please?
Quite a long time ago we had to re create our mail box stores and add the Mail boxes into these stores. This ment that we were left with the disused mail stores/faulty mail stores. We have tried to delete them but the following error comes up: "One or more users currently use this mail box store, These users must be moved to a different mail box store or be mail disabled before deleting this store" However all of the users are moved out of the stores and there are no accounts left at all. Has anyone else come across this problem before? If you have got a solution that would...

where could outlook possibly store emails if no PST was defined
O.k. I know that there has been a lot of post about this subject, but my case is somewhat different. Here is the setting: OS: Windows 2000 OL ver.: 2002 Environment: Exchange Server, Roaming profiles What happened: One user signs in to another PC, opens up his outlook, however, by default OL2002 is set to deliver mail to personal folder rather than to his exchange mailbox. Right before his eyes he sees his email disappear one by one. My Action plan: Go to the PC that he signed on where his email disappeared. Look at his profile folder which is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settin...

Outlook 2000 - create profiles with newprof.exe wit Internet E-Mail
Hi, we want to create our Profiles automatically with newprof.exe. Outlook is configured in the C/W-Mode, we use no Exchange Server We can create the service Personal Folder and Outlook Adress-Book, but we cant create the Service Internet-E-Mail. We get the following messages: Newprof -P c:\outlook.prf -S outputs the following: A New internet account was created. Reading descriptor file: [c:\outlook.prf]. Creating profile [Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings]. Unable to cross reference MAPISVC.INF. Creating message service [Internet E-mail]. Unable to create message service [Internet E-mai...

Exchange Public Folder store corruption
Hi, It seems that my exchange public folder store is corrupt, I cannot make a good full backup of the database anymore, the following event is written in the Application event log: Information Store (3336) The database page read from the file "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\S2\Public Folder Store (NLDHEXC02).edb" at offset 25041694720 (0x00000005d499f000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 759541227 (0x2d45adeb) and the actual checksum was 4034286837 (0xf07654f5). The read operation will fail with error -1018 (0xf...

Export Departments, Categories and Items from One Store To Import
Is there a way to export departments. categories and items from one store database to import to another store database? Both stores are using the same RMS 2.0 database, but we have done many department and category changes and added many other items and we want to transfer the items to another store, but not have to loose the transaction data or import the other store's transaction data. Basically we want to transfer the Categories, Departments and Items (with prices, etc.) from one store to another and overwrite any items that are existing in the old store database. Any thoughts ...

Be able to change address and customer account info @ each store
Be able to change address and customer account information in each store,instead of only at headquarters. Perhaps this could be an assigned security level. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups...

UPC Database for Liquor Store
We are working on a new installation and trying to find a database or list that we can upload into RMS that has all of the beer, wine, and liquor UPCs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Matt Matt, I have one, but you should anticipate some issues before you decide to use someone else's database, as opposed to building your own from scratch. Here are some of the issues: 1) Length of the barcode. Some end users use all 12 UPC A characters, some use the 1st 11 characters and some use only the middle 10 characters, leaving off the preamble and check digits. ...

Fitting a power or exponential trendline
How do I fit a power or exponential trendline to a data series in a chart? I only have the options of linear and polynomial trendlines. "Daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1698c01c417ad$a3132b20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I fit a power or exponential trendline to a data > series in a chart? I only have the options of linear and > polynomial trendlines. Y = exp( a * X) ===> log(Y) = a * X Chart|Add Trendline and select the type of model that you want. Jerry Daniel wrote: > How do I fit a power or exponential trend...

Newbie question on Admin vs Developer vs Power User
I'm learning Sharepoing/Moss now and there seems to be a definite distinction in all the course materials between Administrators/Developers/Power Users They seem to make a big point about identifying 'power users' in different sections of the work environment to handle a lot of the stuff, but then again, all the tasks seem to blur from one role to the other - and, if you gave enough of the tasks over to the 'Power users', as they call them, it seems to take away from the other roles. Now, maybe I've never worked in a business enterprise that's big enoug...

Program works when running from debugger but not as an .EXE
Hi have a MFC program that reads voltage measurements from a mulitmeter via GPIB using VISA API. The program works find when running from the debugger but crash with the following error when running from the actual generated executable (and I even Debug executable not the Release executable). I using Visual C++ 6.0 running on Windows XP. I got the following error signature: AppName: arc.exe (this is my program) AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 000085c0 any ideas? Please any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Have a look at this Article, it...

Stored Procedurs for GP-8.0
Hi All, Does anyone have idea why , after fresh installation and creating company using correct way - have not received any error while installation / or Creating Company the stored procedures name start with "SVC_------------' and "zDP_SVC----------" did not copied in company's DB. if so how to copy these Stored Procedures back to the DB - I m using Great Plains 8.0 - SQL-2000 with complete finance , Purchase, inventory , Sales Order Processing and Payroll . Also can i know the numbers of strored procedues and views that creates by default using each modu...

hq client--can't recognize store id or password
we use hq and store ops at our main warehouse. the computer that has hq client on it died so we had to buy a new one (the main database is safe on a different cpu). so, after setting up the new computer and installing store ops and hq client on it, when we try to connect i get an error saying: "Message contained an invalid Store ID/Connection Password. Message was not accepted." I had to install hq client on another computer just so we can communicate, but I need to get things working on this particular computer as it is used most often. I've already completely uninstalled all ...

How to get CPU type and speed, etc.?
What system service do I call to get info such as: Machine Mfr: Operating System: CPU Type and Spd: Physical Memory: Page File Size: Video Card: Screen Resolution: Network Type: Network Version: "Susan Rice" <srice1@cox.net> wrote in message news:m39xi.94472$6K3.661@newsfe10.phx... > What system service do I call to get info such as: > Machine Mfr: > Operating System: > CPU Type and Spd: > Physical Memory: > Page File Size: > Video Card: > Screen Resolution: > Network Type: > Network Version: Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI). Take a lo...

When will HQ send store information to store?
Hi, We have installed HQ with 3 stores. Two shoes stores, and another one is shirt store and it will not see shoes products. We have run this for a while. Now we want to clear everything in 1st shoe shop because we found some problem with item information. So we try to delete database at 1st shoe shop and then restore database from store blank database. After that we send 101 and 203-205 206 worksheet and then 401, we found that this shop cannot see other shop, because HQ didnot send store information. We would like to know how HQ detect and decide to send or not send all ot...

How can i link my publisher creation to a power point slide
I'm using Office 2003 and want to use a publisher creation on one of my powerpoint slides. I tried to copy and paste it and it doesn't work...any help would be greatly appreciated!! How complex is the Publisher creation? Might be better just to try to recreate the look in PowerPoint. You can save the document as an image and insert it into a slide. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "avanwinkle" <avanwinkle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7673440D-39C6-4318-ABFC-E010E3ED6546@...