Stop use of Distribution List

Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list?

Since you have so much detail of how you are setup and if there are specific
people or groups you want to restrict from using it, I will answer your
question with the same amount of detail....YES.  Add more detail and we can
give you a better answer.

"brendanrtw" <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution
> list?

0
haigo (15)
11/3/2005 8:04:07 PM
On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:09 -0800, "brendanrtw"
<brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list?

Yes. If you look on the properties you can set delivery restrictions
on who can and cannot send messages to that list. Even members of the
list can be restricted from sending to it.
0
mark7219 (5666)
11/3/2005 8:06:46 PM
On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:09 -0800, "brendanrtw"
<brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list?

You mean as in sending email to it?
There are delivery restrictions dialog boxes, yes.
200x: ADUC
5.5: In the Exchange admin gui.
0
adavid (8731)
11/3/2005 8:45:15 PM
Excellent, thanks for your help guys. Will look into it further.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:09 -0800, "brendanrtw"
> <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list?
>
> Yes. If you look on the properties you can set delivery restrictions
> on who can and cannot send messages to that list. Even members of the
> list can be restricted from sending to it.

Hi Mark,
is there a vbscript to set many members to send messages to list.?
Unfortunally, property windows give me ability to set single user, not a
group.

If I have more than 50 user.

Regards
Vito

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:09 -0800, "brendanrtw"
> <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list?
>
> Yes. If you look on the properties you can set delivery restrictions
> on who can and cannot send messages to that list. Even members of the
> list can be restricted from sending to it.

0
Umbro (1)
3/2/2006 3:26:46 PM
Are you using a mail-enabled group?
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Vito Umbro" <Vito Umbro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mark,
> is there a vbscript to set many members to send messages to list.?
> Unfortunally, property windows give me ability to set single user, not a
> group.
>
> If I have more than 50 user.
>
> Regards
> Vito
>

> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:09 -0800, "brendanrtw"
>> <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution
>> >list?
>>
>> Yes. If you look on the properties you can set delivery restrictions
>> on who can and cannot send messages to that list. Even members of the
>> list can be restricted from sending to it.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/2/2006 3:31:11 PM
Hi Bharat,
Yes I'm using Universal Distribution List with mail enabled.
In the properties I'm able to set Exchange propertyies.

Tks for help
Vito

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Are you using a mail-enabled group?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Vito Umbro" <Vito Umbro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mark,
> > is there a vbscript to set many members to send messages to list.?
> > Unfortunally, property windows give me ability to set single user, not a
> > group.
> >
> > If I have more than 50 user.
> >
> > Regards
> > Vito
> >

> > "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> >> Yes. If you look on the properties you can set delivery restrictions
> >> on who can and cannot send messages to that list. Even members of the
> >> list can be restricted from sending to it.

0
VitoUmbro (1)