Stop use of Distribution List

Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list?

Since you have so much detail of how you are setup and if there are specific
people or groups you want to restrict from using it, I will answer your
question with the same amount of detail....YES.  Add more detail and we can
give you a better answer.

"brendanrtw" <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution
> list?

0
haigo (15)
11/3/2005 8:04:07 PM
On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:09 -0800, "brendanrtw"
<brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list?

Yes. If you look on the properties you can set delivery restrictions
on who can and cannot send messages to that list. Even members of the
list can be restricted from sending to it.
0
mark7219 (5666)
11/3/2005 8:06:46 PM
On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:09 -0800, "brendanrtw"
<brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list?

You mean as in sending email to it?
There are delivery restrictions dialog boxes, yes.
200x: ADUC
5.5: In the Exchange admin gui.
0
adavid (8731)
11/3/2005 8:45:15 PM
Excellent, thanks for your help guys. Will look into it further.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:09 -0800, "brendanrtw"
> <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list?
>
> Yes. If you look on the properties you can set delivery restrictions
> on who can and cannot send messages to that list. Even members of the
> list can be restricted from sending to it.

Hi Mark,
is there a vbscript to set many members to send messages to list.?
Unfortunally, property windows give me ability to set single user, not a
group.

If I have more than 50 user.

Regards
Vito

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:09 -0800, "brendanrtw"
> <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list?
>
> Yes. If you look on the properties you can set delivery restrictions
> on who can and cannot send messages to that list. Even members of the
> list can be restricted from sending to it.

0
Umbro (1)
3/2/2006 3:26:46 PM
Are you using a mail-enabled group?
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Vito Umbro" <Vito Umbro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mark,
> is there a vbscript to set many members to send messages to list.?
> Unfortunally, property windows give me ability to set single user, not a
> group.
>
> If I have more than 50 user.
>
> Regards
> Vito
>

> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:09 -0800, "brendanrtw"
>> <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution
>> >list?
>>
>> Yes. If you look on the properties you can set delivery restrictions
>> on who can and cannot send messages to that list. Even members of the
>> list can be restricted from sending to it.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/2/2006 3:31:11 PM
Hi Bharat,
Yes I'm using Universal Distribution List with mail enabled.
In the properties I'm able to set Exchange propertyies.

Tks for help
Vito

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Are you using a mail-enabled group?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Vito Umbro" <Vito Umbro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mark,
> > is there a vbscript to set many members to send messages to list.?
> > Unfortunally, property windows give me ability to set single user, not a
> > group.
> >
> > If I have more than 50 user.
> >
> > Regards
> > Vito
> >

> > "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> >> Yes. If you look on the properties you can set delivery restrictions
> >> on who can and cannot send messages to that list. Even members of the
> >> list can be restricted from sending to it.

0
VitoUmbro (1)

How to process a PO.xml file become WorkOrder can be used at POS?
I have a PurchaseOrder.xml file that have been created from SOManager, now how I can import/convert this file become a WorkOrder which can be re-called by POS and then sale items normally? I tried to use CreateWorkOrder event within QSBridge but it's not work. I think because this event will convert the current transaction into a work order transation, so first step should I make PurchaseOrder.xml into a transactin, and then call this event? If so, how do I do for each step? Many thanks. Phuong Nguyen Hi, Are you interested in cutsom solution for your requirements. Please drop a e...

Query set-up not using cross-tab
Hi, I keep running into this same problem when I’m building my query and I’ve tried several different approaches. It could be that it is beyond my knowledge but I don’t know what direction to take to find the solution. What is the "cleanest" way to build the following query. I have a table (I simplified the example): Empl Type THours Joe Billable 60 Joe Indirect 100 Mary Billable 160 And I want my query to look like this: Empl Billable Indirect THours Billable% Indirect% T% Joe 62 100 162 39% 63% 101% Mary 160 0 160 100% 0% 100% I tried a cross-tab query b...

POP3 using Exchange 2003
I am trying to allow a user to access his Exchange 2003 mailbox off-site using POP3 via Outlook 2003. After clicking “Test Account Settings”, all the items pass except “Log onto the incoming mail server”. The machine Administrator account, however, completes all items successfully. Even users created using the Administrator template are not able to log on; only the built-in Administrator account. All users have POP3 enabled on the “Exchange Features” tab. How can I allow my other users to access POP3? Thanks! ...

Using 'Option Buttons'
I'm trying to make a table that has 4 rows of 3 option buttons within it. The tricky part is that I want each row of option buttons to act independently of the other rows. I can't seem to be able to find a way to do this, because no matter what cell I link any of the buttons to they all just follow suit, so i end up with 12 buttons linked to one cell every time. I'm using MS Excel 2003 if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. If you're using option buttons from the Forms toolbar put a group box around the ones your want to op...

How to STOP autofit row height
I have a notebook that I want to have all row heights set from sheet to sheet. I do NOT want autofit to adjust row size. Is it possible to disable this "feature?" J Click the tab for the first sheet, then hold down Shift while you click the tab for the last sheet to select all sheets. Then click the Select All Cells button (empty gray 'box' where the column heading bar and the Row heading bar meet). Go to Format>Row>Height and type whatever value you want to use for row height. You can also drag any Row Separator while you have the cells selected instead of ...

How to Use Powershell to Exec an "ALTER PROC" Script on Every DB
Hi, I'm a PS newbie. How do i use it to update an SP on every DB? I've got 100 DBs on my instance and I need to make a small tweak to an SP on all the DBs. Thanks On 4/13/2010 7:17 AM, nzrdb6 wrote: > Hi, I'm a PS newbie. How do i use it to update an SP on every DB? I've > got 100 DBs on my instance and I need to make a small tweak to an SP > on all the DBs. > > Thanks Install SQLPSX (http://sqlpsx.codeplex.com/). Then from a PS cmd use something like: PS > $instance = Get-sqlserver "server\instance" PS > $instance.databases | ...

Using GIF image as macro button
I have a animated GIF that I want to place on the spreadsheet as m macro button, is thios possible. Currently I can get the image on the spreadsheet with a macro attache but the image is a picture and so not animated. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do I stop receiving multiple duplicate incoming mail?
I frequently receive double of the same messages in my incoming mail. I feel that I am doing something wrong when opening Outlook that may be causing this problem. Any help will be appreciated. Do you have rules running on your in-box? How about an integrated AV or Firewall? If AV or Firewall, disable the integration with Outlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Bill asked: | I frequently rece...

using the "save as" command for a jpg
I often get pictures I want to save to my "A" drive floppy. I usually get JPG pictures and when I right click on the picture and choose save as and pick out the A drive it will only let me save as a BMP format, which I don't want.... Help. How do I fix this so it will let me save as a JPG? John <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I often get pictures I want to save to my "A" drive > floppy. I usually get JPG pictures and when I right click > on the picture and choose save as and pick out the A drive > it will only let me save as a BMP...

Using Outlook with Windows XP
My mom has recently upgraded from Win 98 to XP and is having trouble with sending e-mail through Outlook Express. In order to get it to send, she has to close it and then open it again. She is also having trouble with mail being returned which may or may not be related. I understand that Win XP has some different security features and was wondering if someone could tell me how to change the settings/configuration so she will not have this problem sending mail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There should be no problem using Outlook Express, or Outlook (another more expanded pr...

"Use of OR condition in UPDATE Query"
I have a table that lists a set of diseases in several columns (say 2 columns, Disease1, Disease2). I want to create a new column (let us say, Diabetes) which would be coded as "Yes" for a row for which any one of the 2 columns has an entry for "Diabetes". Otherwise, it would be coded "No". I t would be an update query. I tried the following sql statement but it does not work: Update Table1 Set Table1.Diabetes = (IIF(InStr(1,([column1]), "Diabetes")>0 Or (IIF(InStr(1,([columnn2]), "Diabetes")>0, "Yes","No")); I ...

Now kids, stop the bickering. Just FYI
Can't we all just get along? Just FYI. On Nov 23, 4:52=A0pm, "Kevin John SmallBone" <k...@smallbone.org> wrote: > Can't we all just get along? > > Just FYI. THEN STOP IMPOSTERING ME, A** HOLE, JUST FYI! ...

use of HTML in vc++(mfc)
What is the use of HTML pages in vc++ ? priyanka wrote: > What is the use of HTML pages in vc++ ? Sometimes we can design a pretty UI in HTML page and use some controls to show it in our application. It's easy to show a HTML page using Microsoft Web Browser control, also CHTMLView etc. And sometimes we can use this feature to print something easily ^_^. On 21 Nov 2006 22:49:52 -0800, "priyanka" <priyanka.surjan@yahoo.com> wrote: >What is the use of HTML pages in vc++ ? I don't understand your question very good... However, if you are thinking of embeddin...

Using themes in word 2007
I'm getting confused with themes. I have put a style on a paragraph of text (list paragrph) and added a hyperlink within it. The hyperlink is blue. I have applied a customised theme that has the hyperlink red and a followed hyperlink green. But the link still stays blue! (And blue whatever theme I choose. However when I follow it and return to my word doc, it will change to the colour I specifed in my theme. What am I missing??! Also, how do I change the background text colours and using themes? Don't understand meaning of "test/background- dark1" in customisin...

vlookup uses only first 8 characters of the lookup value?
Has anyone else noticed this? VLOOKUP seems to use only the first 8 characters of the lookup value, so both lookup values 12345678 and 123456789 will match a table array value of 12345678. Anyone know of a way to change this so it uses all characters of the lookup value? On 29 Jul., 20:16, eggman2001 <sod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Has anyone else noticed this? VLOOKUP seems to use only the first 8 > characters of the lookup value, so both lookup values 12345678 and > 123456789 will match a table array value of 12345678. Anyone know of a > way to change this so it uses all chara...

download using netscape browser
I have not problem downloading transactions from visa card to money2001 using Internet Explorer browser but when I use netscape I will not download. I just get the download manager that says bankone.ofx.aspx and a notepad that has bankone.ofx1,2,3,or 4 depending on how many attempts I make. Is there something I can do with netscape so it will download to money? ...

Query not using criteria
I know this is going to seem very vague. For some reason my query that is accessing a table is not using the criteria that I've given it. I'm hoping you can help me with WHY. The Course_Code is a text field. It's very simple. I've done it a million times with other databases and queries. I can't understand why there's a problem with this one. Can you give me some clues of where to look for the answer? The source is an external database that I've connected to using an ODBC connection. I've tried using a criteria for other fields. One works (a number/te...

Matrix listings in item movements
When checking item movement history, I'd like to know how many items sold in the matrix as a whole. Can't seem to do that. Does anyone know if I can? For example: Say I have a shirt design; it's matrixed in red, white and blue; plus in small, medium and large. I'd like to know how many shirts sold in that design as a whole. Instead, all I get is how many sold separately per size & color. Thanks for any help. I had the same problem: very lame reporting features. Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a report that should work for you. Stuart >-----Original M...

Arrows and Lines from the Drawing Toolbar disappear after use
I'm using arrows from the Drawing toolbar. I draw an arrow on the spreadsheet and it shows up perfectly. When I move away from the arrow to do something elsewhere in the spreadsheet the arrow disappears, i.e. the color won't hold, but the arrow line is still there when you click on it. I need it to show up all the time. Any help will be appreciated. ...

Problem Accessing Macro on Network Drive Using Shortcut
I have a small network with 12 PCs all running word 2003 and Windows XP. There is a word macro on a network drive. I have a link in the startup directory pointing to the macro. This seems to work on most PCs but there are a few that have problems. On the ones it does not work it looks like it ignores the link. I can double click the link and it starts word and the macro correctly. This means the network and link are ok. I can put the macro in the startup dir and it runs correctly. I have disabled/removed anti-virus/firewall programs. I am thinking some word security feature go...

Name Already in Use
I have a field on my form that has a Control Source is Product. When I attempt to use Product as the Name Access 2003 tells me the name is already in use. I have several other forms the Control Source and the Name are the same but I get no error. I've checked the Tab Order and found no other field named Product. Any help will be appreciated James I found it. Have a form similar to a split form in access 2007 and the the same field name in the detail section. James "JamesJ" <jjy@Darwin_adelphia.net> wrote in message news:uqd4Xx9cHHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I...

How to switch between worksheets without using mouse?
How can you switch between worksheets tabs (within the same workbook) without using a mouse? i.e., what keyboard sequences do you need to do this? The only way I've found is opening a second instance of Excel and alt-tab between them, but then one spreadsheet is open in read only format. Can this be done? Please help the carpal tunnel people out there! Thanks, Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net) joemagiera@ameritech.net ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdn Joe Magiera wrote: > > How can you switch between worksheets tabs (within the same workbook) without > using a mouse? i.e.,...

Storing emails on Hard drive makes folder list VERY SLOW
Whe I save e.g. 50 emails in a folder opening that folder becomes very very slow Steven <dezinemail@pi.be> wrote: > Whe I save e.g. 50 emails in a folder opening that folder > becomes very very slow Why would you store individual messages in a Windows folder? -- Brian Tillman ...

I can not stop save warning message when I click Close (x) botton or Alt+F4
Hi experts!, I have created a workbook with a macro (assigned o a button), which saves the workbook under a different name when the macro button is clicked based on the infromation entered by the end-user. Accordingly I don't want the end-user to save that workbook under any other name or before completely filing the information needed. The macro enables saving only after all information is entered. I have disabled all commands functions, bars etc. and shortcuts (such as Ctr+S) to avoid end-user saving without cliciking the macro button. All work fine except Close Button(X) of excel on t...