SSL OWA Front end server and back end server

Hello,

i have two exchange servers and i configured one to be a front end server. i
created a SSL Certificate on the front end server but i cannot access any of
the mailboxes. i created a certificate on the backend server and i could
https into the backend just fine. all my mail boxes are on the backend
server.

Any ideas on what i can do??

Thanks

0
crockett (7)

Does it work without SSL?  Try to get OWA working without SSL first.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Chris" <crockett@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i have two exchange servers and i configured one to be a front end server.
> i created a SSL Certificate on the front end server but i cannot access
> any of the mailboxes. i created a certificate on the backend server and i
> could https into the backend just fine. all my mail boxes are on the
> backend server.
>
> Any ideas on what i can do??
>
> Thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/26/2005 9:17:31 PM
i have taken off the certificates and it still will not work. it goes to a
error page not found 404

i am not sure what i did wrong??

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> Does it work without SSL?  Try to get OWA working without SSL first.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Chris" <crockett@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> i have two exchange servers and i configured one to be a front end
>> server. i created a SSL Certificate on the front end server but i cannot
>> access any of the mailboxes. i created a certificate on the backend
>> server and i could https into the backend just fine. all my mail boxes
>> are on the backend server.
>>
>> Any ideas on what i can do??
>>
>> Thanks

0
crockett (7)

SOP- Fulfillment and Back Order
Hello Everybody, We are using GP 10 build 1440. When we do the fulfilling of the orders, we click the button "fulfill all" and then zero out the ones which is not being fulfilled and do the back order. What is happening; is the system is not allowing us to do the back order after fulfilling the line items, especially for the lot controlled items and on top of that it won't allow us to exit from sales lot entry screen. Anyone experiencing this kind of issue ? Hi, GP has a tool for if you use Lot Number processing and run into situations where you se...

Problems with the Exchange Server
Does anyone know how to stop the Exchange server from going down everyday? What i am doing is re-booting the server and also re- starting one or more of the Microsoft Exchange services. Check your Event Viewer Application Log, look for any red Errors. What are some of the Event ID numbers? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Jason" <jason.lawrie@lineone.net> wrote in message news:46f701c3e41c$0ac4e940$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to stop the Exchange server from > going down everyday? > > What i am doin...

OWA
Have been using OWA for a while now...but with email addresses on one domain. I just added a new domain and added the first new email addy for that domain. I can log in fine for about 5 minutes after I create the account...then OWA just keeps returning the logon pop-up window when asking for my password. (Just as if I'd entered an incorrect password.) I'm using a very simple password for right now so that's not the problem.) All other users on OWa are working fine. AND, this new users is working fine via POP3...no problem...just can't log into OWA. Any help would be app...

SQL Server and CRM
Hi, I am having some difficulties trying to bring CRM back up online after an SQL server failure. I've had to rebuild the server and restore databases from backup. I've restored the master database, so the logins appear, and all other restores seem to have been successful, but the CRM server still says that it can't find the metabase, and the security service fails to start. Reading through the implementation manual on disaster recovery, it says to open the deployment manager and remap to the sql db. However, because the security service is failing to start (because it can'...

How do I trap for the "left side mouse" click
-- bundgaj Like this! AliR. P.S. you might want to ask a more meaningful question, if you want to get a meaningful answer. "james b" <jamesb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60131D3F-E085-4D03-B6F6-5CB6F4D38F79@microsoft.com... > > -- > bundgaj "james b" <jamesb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60131D3F-E085-4D03-B6F6-5CB6F4D38F79@microsoft.com... Maybe WM_XBUTTON*/WM_NCXBUTTON* are the messages you're looking for. Mark -- Mark Salsbery Microsoft MVP - Visual C++ > > -- > bundgaj I h...

How do I change my email server address to outlook?
I currently can not receive any incoming emails to outlook. They are going directly to the cable compnay provider. So what is the email server address I use for outlook? Check with your ISP - they normally will provide the incoming/outgoing email server addresses required for Outlook, as well as any authentication requirements. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Laura D. asked:...

can you modify msExchESEParamCacheSizeMax on windows 2000 server (not advanced)
Can you modify msExchESEParamCacheSizeMax on windows 2000 server (not advanced)? I have a windows 2000 server with exchange 2000 sp3/rollups and 2.5 gigs of RAM. 9582 errors are starting to get really annoying. Performance DOES suck when I recievce 9582 errors(not warnings), I even experience crashes when doing memory intensive processes on the exchange server during this time. I've looked high and low for articles and found the only thing I haven't tried: msExchESEParamCacheSizeMax. I set my value to 307200 (1200mb). Is this OK to do with just a windows 2000 server? Should I co...

CRM 3.0 server upgrade
I've got CRM 3.0 running on SQL 2005 on a Server 2003 machine. Is there any way to keep CRM running if we upgrade SQL to 2008? (Say, if we run it in 2005 compatibility mode?) -- -Andy Stevens ...

Unable to set server rules following server migration
Hi, I have just migrated our company from one exchange 5.5 server to another using exmerge. All appears to have gone well apart from server rules. Users rules are erroring and when we try to create new rules we get the following error messages: Outlook 98 - There is not enough space on the Microsoft Exchange Server to store all of your rules. The rules that failed to upload have been deactivated. Outlook 2003 - One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange Server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient...

Changing pop server automatically in VBScript
Hi, I need to do a programm in VBScript that change automatically the name of all the pop servers of all account in Microsoft Outlook 2003. How can I do ? Thank you for your help. Hi there If I was going to do this I'd start with customising a PRF file - see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403051033.aspx. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "gcharhon@sentinelbox.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to do a programm in VBScript that change automatically the name > of all the pop servers of all account in Microsoft Outlook 2003. > > H...

HQ Server #2
I have 2 questions concerning HQ Server:- 1- Is there a way to run HQ Server as a service? 2- Is there a way to specify more than a server name for the HQ server in the HQ client? for the remote client to be able to connect to another HQ server if the first one is busy or doesn't respond for a reason or anothre? something like the dialup phone numbers list that tries to connect to an alternative phone number if the number is busy. Such list will allow connections to several HQ server instances with different ports as well. 1. See KB 921200 2. Not possible "Nashat&q...

Outlook problems after recovering Exchange Server.
Our Exhange Server 5.5 hard drive died, installed new drive and rebuilt exchange and restored mailboxes. Now in Outlook when you compose new message and click on "Contacts" an error pops up saying "the contacts list this folder is associated with has been removed ...etc". However you can edit your contacts from the main screen just fine. In fact when you are looking at the address books dialog it shows two contact address books, one works fine, the other gives the above error. Where do I find where Outlook is storing the link to this invalid contacts list? I have ...

OWA Password Reset function error
When a User attempt to change Domain Password via HTTPS OWA, they receive the Internet Service Manager IIS 6.0 pop-up to enter Domain/Account/Old PW/ New PW. After filling out the info correctly and selecting Submit, the IIS 6.0 reply's with an Error. An Invalid Directory Pathname was Passed. This is 2003 SBS and OWA works just fine over HTTPS. With the exception of this PW function. Any idea's. Thanks, jim I have not personally used the change password function in OWA, but I believe the problem is related to authentication issues accessing the AD server. You may want to t...

OWA
Hi, I have created 6 new address lists to help my users in finding a mailenabled user. But these address lists can not be seen in OWA but can be seen in Outlook2003. In OWA I can only see GAL and Contacts. Can anyone help please. Thanks Alex Hi Alex, In OWA users can only see the GAL & their Contacts folder. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Alex Pearce" <Alex Pearce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193654A4-5FCD-4984-94EB-75731BD4D03C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have create...

OWA Calendar not working
Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Windows 2003 standard. Tuesday night, power outage, batteries ran out. Server booted back up wednesday morning, all is fine, except OWA calendars. When someone uses OWA and clicks calendar, it shows the default view with no entries and says "updating view" on the right, forever. Any help would be appreciated. btw, nothing unusuall in eventvwr or IIS logs. Happens for all users that i've check using OWA. Outlook calendar is fine. "Nick Pile" wrote: > Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Windows 2003 standard. Tuesday night, > power o...

OWA not allowing logon
When I go to http://swacu-exch1/exchange which is our exchange server it prompts me for a username/password I have tried to enter swacu\skarl and my password and also skal, I am a domain admin however it always denies me access, all other users are also denied access. I went into the OWA settings in the user properties and they are enabled. Can someone please give me a suggestion? We are running Exchange 2003 on windows 2000 sp4. Hi Shane, What happends when you specify your UPN username ie username@companyname.com. Does this work? Do you use ssl, & what authentication methods are...

Server not available
I created a profile under control panal and mail. When I start MS outlook I get this message. "No profiles have been created. To create a new profile, use the mail icon in the control panal". When I click ok I get this message. "Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to open the outlook window. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persist". This is a home computer and there is no firewall. Have you configured a valid account already? Contact your ISP for server details and then configure it in Control Panel-> Mail -- Robert...

Mark back ordered items on purchase orders.
My customer is looking for a way to mark on a purchase order when an item has been back ordered by her supplier. A check box or note box on each line of the PO would be great. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

OLE Server Error
Hello: I receive a OLE Server error when I try to put a Word document into my publisher document. I am using Publisher97 and Word 2000. I have also tried using Publisher9y and Word97 and get the same thing. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Go to the website www.microsoft.com/data and download and install the latest version of the MDAC Components for your operating system. -- Hi Cathy (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Hello: || || I receive a OLE Server error when I try to put a Word || document into my publisher document....

moving pst file to server
We do not use MS Exchange. Is there an option to save pst files locally on to the server? We do not wish to lose any email details. I have read that it slows down network speeds and actually will not function properly if pointing a pst file to the server. We are backing up regular files on to the server but the practice in our office is to also keep email attachements in Outlook as well as correspondence. Is there another option besides doing manual exporting of pst files on to the server for each workstation? Outlook can create/use files from a network lan/wan drive, ho...

Linked server query error
I have a query that runs against a linked server (tables are in dBase). When I run a simple select statement against one of the tables, I get an error: "Error converting data type DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP to datetime" Is there a way of tracing which record has this bad data in it? I'm running SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Thanks! Jerry Haynes (JerryHaynes@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have a query that runs against a linked server (tables are in dBase). > When I run a simple select statement against one of the tables, I get an > error: > > "Error...

OWA login requires domain
Hello, Server 2003 with exchange 2003 sp 2. When usres login to OWA, the must add the domain after their username. How do I fix this so just the user name works? TIA, Eric you mean before the username. you cant fix it... not without adding some javascript to the login page. do a google search, youll find the code "Eric K" <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B39C319-B97D-40B2-91C8-E2403C208829@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Server 2003 with exchange 2003 sp 2. When usres login to OWA, the must add > the domain after their username. How do I fix...

Exchange 2000 Server Standard Mailbox stores and 16 GB
Help Me if you Caaaaaann! What exactly does the 16 GB limit mean for the Standard 2000 Exchange server ? Article 319218 states that you can configure upto five stores in upto 4 storage groups. ie 20 databases. Does this mean that each one of these databases can be upto 16 GB max ? OR does the 16GB encompass ALL of the 20 databases ? If I create another Mailbox store, as we have hit the 16GB on our single store, can I move users mailboxes across to the new one ?? Many Thanks with Exchange standard, you are limited to one mailbox store and one public folder store... "Johnny 'Guita...

owa setup help
I have 3 exchange sites. my main site is the hub for all in/out mail to the real world. I need to setup owa so all of my sites can use it. I am putting isa in the dmz to authenicate users. I need a step by step guide on how to deploy this On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:53:05 -0800, "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 3 exchange sites. my main site is the hub for all in/out mail to the >real world. I need to setup owa so all of my sites can use it. I am putting >isa in the dmz to authenicate users. I need a step by step guide on how to >deploy this The...

SMTP could not connect to any DNS server
Hello group, Some of our mail gets out, some of it doesn't. I can't send mail between two accounts on different domains I manage. In the SMTP queue it always says "SMTP protocol error occurred." But it doesn't list this in the event viewer. I have the same setup at another location with this. 1 DC (DNS/WINS), 1 Exchange server point to the DC for all DNS. the "Configure external DNS servers" is not configured and shouldn't need to be from what I understand. Anyone have any ideas? Should I reinstall the SMTP server on the exchange box? Maybe something screw...