SSL Certificate server name is incorrect

I get the message (Exchange server 2003 SP1)

The SSL certificate server name is incorrect
ID no: c103b404
Exchange System Manager

When I try to open the propertie-page of any public folder.

Does anyone knows of a way to correct this ?

TIA
Rudy Steyaert

Rudy,

I assume this is related to the fact you specified HTTPS / SSL on the
overall "default web site" in IIS.

If SSL is configured for your Exchange OWA, it's only necessary to force SSL
on the Exchange FOlder, not the Public or ExchWeb.

As the Public Folder properties in your Exchange system manager are making
use of the IIS-features in background, they try to use SSL for this as well.

However, this is not supported in the ESM... even not by installing the
SSL-certificate on the server itself locally.

Feel free to post your status afterwards.

Kind regards,

Peter

"Rudy Steyaert" <Rudy_Steyaert@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I get the message (Exchange server 2003 SP1)
>
> The SSL certificate server name is incorrect
> ID no: c103b404
> Exchange System Manager
>
> When I try to open the propertie-page of any public folder.
>
> Does anyone knows of a way to correct this ?
>
> TIA
> Rudy Steyaert

Someone may have attempted to create Secure Newsgroups using the Public
Folder functionality. You need to investigate this also.

Nue
"Peter De Tender" <peter.detender@uptime.be> wrote in message
> Rudy,
>
> I assume this is related to the fact you specified HTTPS / SSL on the
> overall "default web site" in IIS.
>
> If SSL is configured for your Exchange OWA, it's only necessary to force
> SSL on the Exchange FOlder, not the Public or ExchWeb.
>
> As the Public Folder properties in your Exchange system manager are making
> use of the IIS-features in background, they try to use SSL for this as
> well.
>
> However, this is not supported in the ESM... even not by installing the
> SSL-certificate on the server itself locally.
>
> Feel free to post your status afterwards.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Peter
>

> "Rudy Steyaert" <Rudy_Steyaert@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I get the message (Exchange server 2003 SP1)
>>
>> The SSL certificate server name is incorrect
>> ID no: c103b404
>> Exchange System Manager
>>
>> When I try to open the propertie-page of any public folder.
>>
>> Does anyone knows of a way to correct this ?
>>
>> TIA
>> Rudy Steyaert

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/15/2006 2:42:30 PM
Thanks Peter
Removing SSL from the Exadmin folder does the trick !
I'm not sure if this is a save operation in the context of OWA, but since I
can't connect to this folder from the outside I don't think it hurts.
Kind regards
Rudy

"Peter De Tender" <peter.detender@uptime.be> wrote in message
> Rudy,
>
> I assume this is related to the fact you specified HTTPS / SSL on the
> overall "default web site" in IIS.
>
> If SSL is configured for your Exchange OWA, it's only necessary to force
> SSL on the Exchange FOlder, not the Public or ExchWeb.
>
> As the Public Folder properties in your Exchange system manager are making
> use of the IIS-features in background, they try to use SSL for this as
> well.
>
> However, this is not supported in the ESM... even not by installing the
> SSL-certificate on the server itself locally.
>
> Feel free to post your status afterwards.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Peter
>

> "Rudy Steyaert" <Rudy_Steyaert@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I get the message (Exchange server 2003 SP1)
>>
>> The SSL certificate server name is incorrect
>> ID no: c103b404
>> Exchange System Manager
>>
>> When I try to open the propertie-page of any public folder.
>>
>> Does anyone knows of a way to correct this ?
>>
>> TIA
>> Rudy Steyaert

I cant configure my exchange 2007 server on my entourage
I cant configure my exchange 2007 server on my entourage Pls HELP! Yossi Rozano wrote: > I cant configure my exchange 2007 server on my entourage You really need to provide more information. What version of Entourage? What error messages do you receive? Have you verified with your administrator that you have the correct information? -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <http://nine.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/youtalk> Twitter: follow <http://twitter.com/meck&...

Match Account ID from combining street names and numbers
In one sheet, have a column with a street number (A): 115 in Column B, have a street name: Northwest. In workbook 2, have an additional street number column(C), and a street name column(D), and a 5th column with an account number, column (E) I need to find the account number in workbook 2 for a combination of street number,and street name found on the given row from the first workbook. There can be many street numbers on the same street, but only the combination of the desired number and called for street should return a value. Desired combinations are always found on the same row ...

Resource availability across servers?
An interesting discussion came up at work yesterday. There MAY be a need for us to physically separate our military projects from our commercial ones. If we end up having to do something like this, would it still be possible to see resource availability across all projects? We have resources who work on both commercial and military projects. If these projects reside on completely separate physical servers, could we still take full advantage of the enterprise capabilities? Kevin: This can't be done OOB, but it certainly could be handled programmatically. -- Gary...

If NIC teaming good or bad for Exch2003 server?
Hi there, For exchange2003 server running on branded server hardware such as HP, if network card teaming (of 2 nics) a good option for exchange2003 or not? How do you guys doing? Just using 1 nic or what? Many thanks! Leemutpo - The good thing about HP is that it will present one virtual NIC to the OS. Generally, unless my client has good network hardware with relatively current IOS levels and good network and server support teams, I will try to steer them clear of NIC teaming. Granted, it is good for redundancy. However, it does have the occasional problem, depe...

The ability to set the naming convention for EFT files.
Some banks have limits on the length of the file name that can be submitted for EFT. With the new naming convention the file names are all to long. Can you devise a method for setting the namin converntion. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www....

How do I change my business name in Money 2007?
I installed Money 2007 and initially put in a business name that I'm trying to change now. I click on Business, and I go to Account settings and I change the name there. This changes it everywhere except for on the invoices that I print. The template's placeholder for <<company name>> is still putting what I had originally put in there. Where do I change this!? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! How about in the Invoice Designer that gets installed along with M2007? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http...

name ranges #2
Hi, Sheet2 has the formula: =VLOOKUP($B$3,Sheet1!$B$2:$D$15,2,FALSE) in cell c8 How can I use a range name (names-1 for example) that refers to: Sheet1 range B2:B15 in a way that i have a small arrow beside cell B3 that show all the names in the range (names-1)? Please give us more detail, this question is not clear. What does VLOOKUP have to do with the range names and what do you mean by the names in the range names-1. And what do you mean by a small arrow which shows the names? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Khalil Handal"...

100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itreal
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itrealexams.com/ and get real time Q&As, Brain Dumps, Real Exams, Study material, E-Books, Video Exams and Labs for your all type of I.T Certification Exams. ...

pasting row to another workbook prompts because same defined name exists in new book
I have a set of weekly spreadsheets, all the same except for the dat that is entered onto them. What we ned to do is cut and paste lines from last weeks workbook int this weeks one. The problem is I have set up data validation on one o the columns based on a list of names, and so now it prompts ever singl time we try to paste into the new workbook, because the same define name 'tradelist' is in the new sheet. is there any way I can stop this prompt somehow because tis driving u mad and taking up time clicking yes or not (when it makes no differenc if we click yes OR no because its e...

Certificate, Directory Security or web browser
Hi, In Directory Security of Exchange 2003 IIS default web site, in what way a certificate request using that Directory Security is different from a certificate request using web browser? Thanks Yba I don't believe that the certificate is automatically installed when you issue the request using a web browser. When you use IIS Manager and request a certificate (to a local CA only), the request is immediately granted, the certificate is issued, and it is automatically installed onto IIS. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.fe...

Name
Hi, I need to use Name to define 3 discount rates. This needs to be done so that when the user of the spreadsheet enters "discount 1" it gives a value of 10%, "Discount 2" gives a value of 12% and "Discount 3" gives a value of 17.5%. Using Name I have managed to get it so that they enter for example " =Discount_1 " it gives a value of 10% but I want it so that when they enter "Discount 1" they get 10%. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly f...

Remove the opportunity name field from form
I try to remove the opportunity name field from the opporunity form. I have set the attribute properties to 'no constraint', but I still get a lock Icon before the field on the form. Any ideas what might be locking this (it will be something standard, because we never used this field) and what we can do about it? Regards, Freek The name field is the Primary Attribute of the opportunity and therefore it is locked. You can see that when you open the Opportunity in the customizations area and view the second tab "Primary Attribute". I'm not sure but I don't thi...

Multiple domain name and multiple SMTP virtual server
Presently, my Exchange 2003 server holds mailboxes of four internet domain names. I have only one default smtp virtual server. Everything works fine. I have set "Send a copy of NDR" to a local mailbox. Therefore all non-existing user's mails of ALL domain reaches to this single mailbox. Is it possible to designate a separate mailbox for each domain? I found an article in Microsoft site, explaining to create separate smtp virtual server for each domain. Should I have to create smtp virtual server only for this purpose? Is there any workaround? TIA J Justin In order to creat...

Chart Axis naming question
When you set up a chart in Excel, you can format the axis' size, decimal point, etc. Is there anyway that you can add text into the axis title instead of it being just the numerical value? So, for instance, if my line chart has the Y axis with a scale of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, is there anyway I can format the access to say 1 - Expert, 2 - Advanced, etc??? i know that I can move the chart into Powerpoint and put a text box down the axis, but I was hoping there may be a way do just do that in Excel. Thanks!! Hi, Have a look at Jon's page on creating arbitrary axis scale. http://pelti...

server rejects messages
Some of our clients have been complaining that email they send to us keeps bouncing back to with the following error message: Recipient address: @Server.domainxx.com:User@smtp.domainxx.com Original address: User@domainxx.com Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused Remote system: dns;Server.domainxx.com (TCP|10.11.1.11|65002|62.190.112.34|25) It is fairly consistent that some clients cannot send us ANY mail, it all gets bounced back at them. we can't figure out why or where the messages are be...

Copied CRM database to new server
Hello all, I have been testing our upgrade options to CRM 4.0 but this error comes in before that. I have successfully created our CRM server on a new server and everything works fine for all users except for me. I noticed in my roles, I am only set as a system administrator. I can only see a few basic items in the my workplace area. I cannot see cases/account/contacts... Why has this changed just because i installed the CRM server? and how can i fix it? Regards Ian Ian, check your user profile. there is a 'restricted access' flag at the bottom of the user profile screen -...

INSERT INTO Table, values derived in code from separating a name
Hi, I have a field called [Contact Name] which is the result of a combo box. On not in list the user is asked if the name they enter is too be added to the list. The name is separated into two strings "str1l" and "str2" in code form a module as the function is called up from the not in List on the Combo box. str1 is FIRST_NAME str2 is LAST_NAME The fields in tblCUSTCONTACTS are "FIRST_NAME" and "LAST_NAME" Now I wish to INSERT into the tblCUSTCONTACTS the two strings. strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] " _ ...

Incorrect Loan Principle Calculated
I am using Microsoft Money 2004. I have a loan set up and have had Money automatically add loan payments into my bills and deposits. I entered $389.87 as the Principle + Interest when creating the account, but when I record the bills as being paid, money just sets that amount as going straight to the principle. Basically, my loan is getting paid off too fast in Money because it is not calculating any interest. I have been doing this for a year and now have 12 past payments. I noticed that the first two payments and the last two payments seem to have interest calculated for them, bu...

version differences in excel 2007
I have a large workbook in excel 2003 which uses an embedded lookup macro to report certain data by date. works well. I now need to run this workbook in excel 2007, and have some problems. - I get the range label error, although all ranges are defined names. - lookup is across multiple ranges, either as a vlookup, or as and 'intersection' between defined range names. - If I try to run it in my Student/Home version (at home), the macro will not load or run. If I run it in the Enterprise version (at work), it runs though slowly. If I run it in Office Mac2008, it won'...

Small Business Server 2003 and Gmail
Set up POP3 for gmail to be delivered via sbs 2003, but mail sent to my gmail account is not picked up by the server and the following error message appears in the SBS Administration Report: An error occurred during a POP3 transaction to server <pop.gmail.com [michaelediso@gmail.com]>. The error is 1232 (The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help. ). Any ideas? I believe this is not supported since GMAIL requires SSL and MS POP3 Connecter does not allow for this. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Micr...

Incorrect function GetInputCount Error
Getting Incorrect function GetInputCount when launching RMS POS when we enable Pinpad. Any ideas other than reinstall? -- Jason Clements Pinch A Penny ===================================================== ===================================================== Starting working fine as so as we hooked up the pinpad. Never seen this error before! ===================================================== ===================================================== "Jasoncleme" wrote: > Getting Incorrect function GetInputCount when launching RMS POS when we > enable Pinpad. Any idea...

temporary file names via Get-Date
The "PowerTip of the Day" article at http://app.en25.com/e/es.aspx?s=1403&e=2867&elq=8322eea60ce14904acb144f2ae454b60 displayed this code to generate temporary file names PS C:> (Get-Date -format 'yyyy-MM-dd hh-mm-ss') + '.tmp' 2010-03-18 09-48-08.tmp I recoded it to do it this way PS C:> (Get-Date).Ticks.ToString() + '.tmp' 634045027709549764.tmp Now suppose I later wanted to turn that "634045027709549764" back into a legible date-time expression like "2010-03-18 09-48-08". Is that possible? ...

Exchange server 2003 needs to be rebooted, clients stop connecting
Outlook stops working, you cannot send or receive mail, it just seems to disappear into a queue, then, Outlook starts to disconnect from Exchange, users cannot start Outlook. However, the Exchange management program continues to work fine. originally thought the problem may of been to do with sophos, but removed it and still getting the problem, the only way to correct it so far is to reboot server errors in log: 9127 1022 2107 2122 2114 2266 2080 enabled dsaccess logging also have a problem where as the event logs dont show full deatils of error eg The local compu...

Custom Attribute For Network Logon Name
Might seem like a simple question, but can anyone point me towards a method of setting up a custom attribute which will allow the user of CRM to select from a list of domain user accounts. Thanks, Mike. anyone any ideas on this? ...

in excel when I open my workbook the file name is followed
the word [GROUP] when I try to sort the data in the spreadsheet I cannot -- I want to get rid of this [group] after the file name but can't figure out how to do it. Can you help? If you look down at the worksheet tabs you will see that two or more tabs are white in color. Note which ones are white. This means they are "grouped". To ungroup, select one and Right-click "ungroup" or just click on one not in the group. NOTE HERE: when sheets are grouped, what you do to one is done to all. If not sure how long you have had them grouped, I would suggest a careful ...