SSL and OWA

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C5180A.9A5FDB00

All - If I setup up OWA with SSL, does it require a certificate (User or =
Computer) on the users computer as well? =20

Thanks,
Brian
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C5180A.9A5FDB00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All - If I setup up OWA with SSL, does =
it require a=20
certificate (User or Computer) on the users computer as well?&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C5180A.9A5FDB00--

0
Brian

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C517FD.87274670

Generally, no.  The only thing that a client workstation should be able =
to do is verify the web certificate back to the signing certificate =
authority.  If it can't, the client workstation should trigger a =
security prompt about a non-trusted certificate.

  "Brian P. Hammer" <bhammer@le "DASH" aviation.com> wrote in message =
  All - If I setup up OWA with SSL, does it require a certificate (User =
or Computer) on the users computer as well? =20

  Thanks,
  Brian
------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C517FD.87274670

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>Generally, no.&nbsp; The only thing that a =
client=20
workstation should be able to do is verify the web certificate back to =
the=20
signing certificate authority.&nbsp; If it can't, the client workstation =
should=20
trigger a security prompt about a non-trusted certificate.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Brian P. Hammer" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:bhammer@le">bhammer@le</A> "DASH"=20
  aviation.com&gt; wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23kAnmzDGFHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:%23kAnmzDGFHA.=
3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All - If I setup up OWA with SSL, =
does it require=20
  a certificate (User or Computer) on the users computer as well?&nbsp;=20
  </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C517FD.87274670--

0
neo7948 (622)

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01C5183A.009212B0

Thanks....
  "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message =
  Generally, no.  The only thing that a client workstation should be =
able to do is verify the web certificate back to the signing certificate =
authority.  If it can't, the client workstation should trigger a =
security prompt about a non-trusted certificate.

    "Brian P. Hammer" <bhammer@le "DASH" aviation.com> wrote in message =
    All - If I setup up OWA with SSL, does it require a certificate =
(User or Computer) on the users computer as well? =20

    Thanks,
    Brian
------=_NextPart_000_006D_01C5183A.009212B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks....</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"neo [mvp outlook]" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:neo@online.mvps.org">neo@online.mvps.org</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:e6wJYCEGFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:e6wJYCEGFHA.3120=
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>Generally, no.&nbsp; The only thing that a =
client=20
  workstation should be able to do is verify the web certificate back to =
the=20
  signing certificate authority.&nbsp; If it can't, the client =
workstation=20
  should trigger a security prompt about a non-trusted =
certificate.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    <DIV>"Brian P. Hammer" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:bhammer@le">bhammer@le</A> "DASH"=20
    aviation.com&gt; wrote in message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:%23kAnmzDGFHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:%23kAnmzDGFHA.=
3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>All - If I setup up OWA with SSL, =
does it=20
    require a certificate (User or Computer) on the users computer as=20
    well?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01C5183A.009212B0--

0
Brian

OWA sll
At my office we use Exchange 2000 and OWA for external users. Users can contact OWA through standard http and through https. When using OWA through standard http and a user wants to forward or reply an e-mail message, the original message will be copied in the new message. When using OWA through https and a user wants to reply or forward an e-mail, the original message is not copied. The new message is blanco. Only the header of the original message is visible in the new message. How can I change this, so through https OWA the original message is also copied in the new message at reply o...

OWA Password Expiration #2
We are running a FrontEnd/BackEnd setup, Exchange 2003 SP1, and Windows Server 2003 SP1. We are planning to implement secure password policy in the near future. I have attempted to research this on this forum, but still would like some clarification. I have implemented the 'Change Password' policy for OWA and this works fine (when you know the old password, password isn't expired or set to 'must change at next login'). I have the fix 833734 installed, via SP1. I made the metabase changes discussed in Article 833734. It seems that when the account is set to 'mu...

OWA Intermittent page not found
Running Exch2003. OWA has been working fine for months, however a couple of weeks ago OWA users from the internet complain of "page not found" when using the URL. OWA is working fine internally, so this isn't an Exchange/IIS service issue. Are you using NLB with multiple FE servers? Nue "FR" <FR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A925BE9F-5431-4238-AA2C-21CEDDE7BE4B@microsoft.com... > Running Exch2003. OWA has been working fine for months, however a couple > of > weeks ago OWA users from the internet complain of "page not found&...

Owa and Outlook system folder in different language than applicati
I've installed Outlook 2003 in all enterprise workstations, in italian. Echange it's on windows 2003 Enterprise and exhange are in English. Some of them when open outlook/owa find system folders (inbox,sent items,recycler,etc.) not in italian as I expected but in english.... how can resolve it? Why my OWA logon page (using ISA 2004 web-form authentication) it's in english and not in italian? The language of the special Outlook folder names is determined by the language of the Outlook client that first touches the mailbox, or the language of IE if OWA first touches the ma...

OWA
I need to be able to edit a DL using OWA is this possible? If so, I am unable to find it with the new version. E2k7, Win2003Server "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@CO.CHELAN.WA.US> wrote in message news:4A15ED8C-3E60-44EB-B743-024DCF4096DD@microsoft.com... >I need to be able to edit a DL using OWA is this possible? If so, I am >unable to find it with the new version. > > E2k7, Win2003Server Personal DL? Have your Exchange Admin install SP1, which should return Contact based DL functionality. Server based DL? Nope. For future reference, OWA is not part of...

OWA Password Notification
Hi Guys, I recently noticed that my OWA 2k3 users are no longer being notified to change their passwords as defined in AD (Set to notify 14 days before the pwd expires). The problem only began about 3 month ago. Note that I can reset the passwords using OWA, this is useless though as users aren't notified when to reset... Any ideas ?? P.S. The only changes over the past 3-4 months are the ones done via windows/exchange updates.. Thanks -Donavan It could be that the "PasswordChangeFlag" in the Metabase for some reason has changed. Make sure its set to "0". Ch...

OWA authentication problem #5
When trying to access mail boxes in my organization trough OWA, I get the login screen; but it doesn't allow me to access them after entering the login information. It seems it is not authenticating. Any ideas? Manolo On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 08:59:01 -0700, Manolo <Manolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When trying to access mail boxes in my organization trough OWA, I get the >login screen; but it doesn't allow me to access them after entering the login >information. It seems it is not authenticating. >Any ideas? >Manolo Front End / Back End? Integrated Auth?...

owa not working on safari
I have one user who has a mac, using safari "all of a sudden" owa says invalid password and will not let them on. The mac is less than 6 mo. old, latest everything I guess. Did maybe a recent mac patch break it? It did used to work, anyone else seeing this? On Mar 20, 10:58 pm, dlw <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have one user who has a mac, using safari > "all of a sudden" owa says invalid password > and will not let them on. > The mac is less than 6 mo. old, latest everything > I guess. Did maybe a recent mac patch break it? > It did...

OWA custom theme: frameborder color
Hi all, Am currently creating a custom OWA color scheme (initially based on the default blue, though i realise this isn't a good long term plan). Everything is going well, *except* for the blue frameborder separating the folderlist from the main content. I've managed to grab a copy of the page defining the frameset (see below), but it appears to be based on some sort of template, and a can't find either the template, or where it grabs the frameborder colour from. Any help, suggestions or clarification would be dearly appreciated! Mike ===== begin frameset code <!--Copyrig...

Exchange 2007 OWA default page
Dear all, I have a question here. 1) I am used to Exchange 2003 and the default web page for OWA is http://www.company.com/exchange what is the default page for Exchange 2007? I ask this question because the system will popup the dialog box to ask for username and password but will bring the user to another page for login again. The URL is as follows http://www.company.com/owa Thanks. Regards, Kueh. "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote in message news:OFv9yg3OHHA.4372@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I have a question here. > > 1) I am used...

OWA 2003
We currently have 1 Exchange 2003 Front End OWA server in the DMZ and had 1 backend server that has all of our mailboxes behind the firewall. We have since added a second mailbox server behind the firewall and moved over a single mailbox (mine) to test connectivity. When trying to logon to OWA from outside the network I keep getting prompted for my password (the password is correct). When moving the mailbox back to the old mailbox server I can logon without a problem. Any idea on what needs to be configured to make this work? I have been digging on the MS Knowledgebase with no luck s...

OWA-SBS 2K3
Stand alone SBS 2k3 using a firewall with 80 and 443 forwarded to the server on the LAN. The internal domain is mydomain.local. I can access both companyweb and our external website using host headers, however I cannot use the mydomain/exchange to get to the OWA interface because of the translation. Trying to solve this, I have created a new website in IIS named webmail and defined a host header for webmail.mydomain.com and set the IP to the server;s internal IP adresss(192.168.1.5). I want the path for the home directory to point to the OWA app. I have turned all permissions on for th...

OWA Domain Prompt?
I have a question about OWA on a Exchange2003 server How do I turn off the domain prompt so I can just use the username and password when logging in from OWA? Currently it needs DOMAIN\USERNAME to login (on older browsers it has domain on third box below). I think I had this working at one time and may have gone away after installing Mcafee SpamKiller. Thanks Ed Ed <jonesej@isi.edu> wrote: >I have a question about OWA on a Exchange2003 server > > >How do I turn off the domain prompt so I can just use the username and >password when logging in from OWA? > >C...

FE OWA FBA help needed
Greetings- I have a single FE Exchange 2K3 (SP2) server with a BE Exchange 2K3 (SP2) cluster (A/P). OWA is working fine but when I enable FBA on the FE server it continues to perform normal authentication. Side note: Per the MS Customazation Guide I did the following: To configure forms-based authentication to work without SSL for your development environment 1. Open Registry Editor. 2. Go to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWeb 3. If it does not exist already, add an OWA subkey to this key. 4. Under the OWA subkey, add a DWord...

OWA Error #11
Hi, When I try to create or reply to messages in OWA, the body of the message is unavailable. I just see a small red x on the upper left hand side and the body of the message to read or view is blue and I can not type into this area any longer. I have made no recent changes to the server so I am a bit stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks David I just realized it is a client issue, as If I try through another computer, it works fine. Any suggestions still appreciated. Thanks "David" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:ulff4bL0EHA.752@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > ...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

OWA bug? Mouse randomly jumps
OWA bug? Mouse randomly jumps I have two computers on my network that are having an interesting issue. When they are creating a message and typing away in the body of the message, randomly when they hit a key, any key, they system will act as if the mouse was clicked. If the mouse is over the send button, it would have sent the email. If the mouse was over the start button, the start menu would have come up. Where ever the mouse was left at, it will act as if it was clicked. It is very random but often. This only happens in OWA, not in outlook or any other place. Both systems are run...

SSL?
OK, this has got to be a stupid question with an obvious answer, but I can't find it ... I want to do some SSL/TLS programming using Visual Studio .NET 2002, *not* using .NET managed code (actually I don't much care if it's in an MFC context or just raw Win32). Where do I start looking for the documentation on the APIs I'm going to need?? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk Hi, "Tim Ward" <tw2@ipaccess.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4f5aakF1h6igeU1@individual.net... > OK, this has got to be a stupid question with an obvious answer, ...

OWA attachment problem #2
Hello, I'm experiencing unexpected behaviour in Outlook Web Access. When i attach a Level1FileType-file to an e-mail and i save it in the drafts folder instead of sending it, then i should not be able to access the attachment when i re-open the e-mail from the drafts-folder according to this article/webcast: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fservicedesks%2Fwebcasts%2Fwc061600%2FWCT061600.asp Since this article states: if you're working on a message and you attach one of these Level 1 attachments and you work for awhile and then you close the message to save it i...

Access OWA 2003 from Japanese language clients
Hi all, i have some problem with my Client who are using the Japanese Language version in their Notebook, when they want to access OWA they only can see their mails and when they are trying to reply, forward or create a new mail they can doit but when they klik the send button suddenly an error message appears in Japanese language and it said that "Cannot fond out code page for this language on the server. Please contact to server manager." I'm using cluster for Exchange server 2003 Backend, I 'm wonder is there somethhing must be install in Exchange Server BE & F...

SetUp Exchange OWA 5.5 on WIN 2000 Server
Hi, I have using a Windows 2000 Server WIth Exchange 5.5 SP4 ANd I setup a OWA on Exchange 5.5, When I open it on IE , It display Error Type: Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8) Object required: 'Application(...)' /exchange/USA/logon.asp, line 12 And I Check on MIcrosoft Website http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248718 Follow his step to Fix it .. See . RESOLUTION To resolve this problem: 1.. Start the Internet Information Server (IIS) Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in, and expand the Transaction Server folder. 2.. Click Computers, click My ...

OWA keeps asking for user name and password
Exchange 2000 with SP3. When the users try to use Outlook Web Access, they keep getting the user name and password box and can not access their email. Any thoughts? If they are entering their username, domain and pw correctly, they should hit cancel the next time the box pops up. Their email should load. What version Internet expolorer are they using? Later versions require this format: domain-name\username in the user name field. >-----Original Message----- >Exchange 2000 with SP3. When the users try to use Outlook Web Access, they >keep getting the user name and password...

Setting Up OWA in Exchange 2003
Where can I find info on how to properly setup OWA on Exchange 2003. So far I haven't found any articles on technet that will expalin this. Is there an article number that details this setup for a single domain one exchange server on a windows 2003 server. On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:17:01 -0700, Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where can I find info on how to properly setup OWA on Exchange 2003. So >far I haven't found any articles on technet that will expalin this. Is there >an article number that details this setup for a single domain one exchange ...

Rollup and OWA Attachments
ADVERTISEMENT We recently installed the Post RTM Rollup on 30 of our 60 mailbox servers and have noticed that certain attachments are being partially stripped when opened in OWA (whether through a frontend or directly to the backend). This includes any html or text doc. For instance, if I send a text file with only the following line and I open it in OWA, the file is empty: "<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">" The line is completely stripped. Any html file with any reference to javascript has those parts stripped as well. (i.e. if I save yahoo.com as a single ...

OWA 2004 logs into 403 Forbidden Error
Hi all.... I did a bit of a search for the following, but it seems I couldnt narrow it down. Users of OWA on the network (externally) sometimes get stopped right after the login screen with the 403 Forbidden Error (the server denied the specific URL). I have tested this, and depending from what computer you try and connect, it either works or it doesnt. From my home machine, no problem, it always works. From my neighbours, I can never get it to work. So I presume its a security setting on the client?? It will either consistantly work, or not work from any machine. Has anyone seen th...