sqlservr.exe process and memory usage #2

sqlservr.exe keeps going up and up all the time on our exchange 2003 box.
can I just start and restart the process? How big should it get? What's it
used for?

I see 4 instances of it. also, Backup exec is on this machine. Thanks for
any info on this. I'm trying to figure out what's eating memory up.

Thanks.

0
fukuzz (18)

"Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>sqlservr.exe keeps going up and up all the time on our exchange 2003 box.
>can I just start and restart the process?

You can kill it if you like. It's not used by Exchange.

>How big should it get?

How long is a piece of string?

>What's it
>used for?

Accessing a database, but not one that Exchange uses.

>I see 4 instances of it. also, Backup exec is on this machine.

Well, there ya go. That product, IIRC, uses a local MSDE database. Why
you have four instances of the process, I can't say. Might be time to
engage their support folks or look for help in a place that
specializes in that product.

>Thanks for
>any info on this. I'm trying to figure out what's eating memory up.

How much memory? How much do you have on the machine?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

> "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>sqlservr.exe keeps going up and up all the time on our exchange 2003 box.
>>can I just start and restart the process?
>
> You can kill it if you like. It's not used by Exchange.
>
>>How big should it get?
>
> How long is a piece of string?
>
>>What's it
>>used for?
>
> Accessing a database, but not one that Exchange uses.
>
>>I see 4 instances of it. also, Backup exec is on this machine.
>
> Well, there ya go. That product, IIRC, uses a local MSDE database. Why
> you have four instances of the process, I can't say. Might be time to
> engage their support folks or look for help in a place that
> specializes in that product.
>
>>Thanks for
>>any info on this. I'm trying to figure out what's eating memory up.
>
> How much memory? How much do you have on the machine?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
fukuzz (18)
4/29/2007 6:53:13 PM
Probably has Sharepoint, WSUS and Blackberry all on the same server too,
that plus the BackupExec would make for 4 instances of sqlsrvr.

> "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>sqlservr.exe keeps going up and up all the time on our exchange 2003 box.
>>can I just start and restart the process?
>
> You can kill it if you like. It's not used by Exchange.
>
>>How big should it get?
>
> How long is a piece of string?
>
>>What's it
>>used for?
>
> Accessing a database, but not one that Exchange uses.
>
>>I see 4 instances of it. also, Backup exec is on this machine.
>
> Well, there ya go. That product, IIRC, uses a local MSDE database. Why
> you have four instances of the process, I can't say. Might be time to
> engage their support folks or look for help in a place that
> specializes in that product.
>
>>Thanks for
>>any info on this. I'm trying to figure out what's eating memory up.
>
> How much memory? How much do you have on the machine?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
awebb7472 (650)
4/30/2007 1:03:50 AM
My guess is that they don't, but that's a guess.

"Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks again everyone. I'll start by calling BE support to see why I have
> 4 instances of SQL going.
>

> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
>> "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>sqlservr.exe keeps going up and up all the time on our exchange 2003 box.
>>>can I just start and restart the process?
>>
>> You can kill it if you like. It's not used by Exchange.
>>
>>>How big should it get?
>>
>> How long is a piece of string?
>>
>>>What's it
>>>used for?
>>
>> Accessing a database, but not one that Exchange uses.
>>
>>>I see 4 instances of it. also, Backup exec is on this machine.
>>
>> Well, there ya go. That product, IIRC, uses a local MSDE database. Why
>> you have four instances of the process, I can't say. Might be time to
>> engage their support folks or look for help in a place that
>> specializes in that product.
>>
>>>Thanks for
>>>any info on this. I'm trying to figure out what's eating memory up.
>>
>> How much memory? How much do you have on the machine?
>>
>> --
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
>> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
awebb7472 (650)

Barcode Reader #2
MS GP ver.9 anybody using barcode reader with GP for invoce/PO. its possible with GP ? how to solve this issue. rgs saf ...

Box and whisker plots #2
Can anyone help? Does excel have a box plot graph function. i.e. like a bar chart except the bars are "floating" with the top value on the box representing the 75th centile, the bottom of the box representing the 25th centile, then error bars from the top of the box representing 90th centile and error bars from bottom of box representing 10th centile. I also would like to put a line within the box representing the median. Thanks John Hi, See Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.and...

How do you create an "html" file? #2
How do you create an "html" file? We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display monitor ...

Related Data Between 2 Different Workbooks
Hello everyone, I need to create 2 workbooks, which have data relationships. I don't know how to get data connect when I change data in the first workbook, this data will also be automatically changed in the second workbook. Please give me a hand. Thank you very much and I am looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Peter -- freeecoom ------------------------------------------------------------------------ freeecoom's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27507 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470378 On...

Pivot Charts #2
Hello Is it possible to add a secondary axis to a pivot chart Also is it possible to display the 'grand total' on a pivot chart as well as the data that makes the grand total Thanks in advance James ...

problem combining 2 formulas
Hello, I have two rates of exhange and I want to find the mid point and deduct 3% all in one formula. The bank buy rate is 1.6706 (cell a1) The bank sell rate is 1.6085 (cell a2) so =sum(a1-a2)/2 gives me the difference beween the two rates and I divide by 2 to find the basis for the mid point which is 0.03105 (cell a3) Then I create another formula (a3 + a2)*0.97 to give me the mid point -3% (or 97% of it the same either way) How can I combine the two formulas? I always seem to have a problem with circular refererences. thanks kinsey -- kinsey "kinsey" <kinsey@d...

I can't open Office Data File from CDs #2
Dear technical experts, I have been facing a security problem with Microsoft Outlook files. I exported Outlook items into Office outlook files (with the extension is .pst). The exported files were firstly saved on my computer (different path and location in comparison with default path of Office Outlook files in Documents and Settings). I can open my exported files easily. Because the size of outlook items is very large, I would like to save Office outlook files on another storage device in stead of using hard drives of my computer. I made copy these files to a flash drive (USB dri...

Office 2008 12.2.0 Update will not install?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to install the 12.2.0 Update and I get the red exclamation point on the disk in the installer. the error message ins the installer is: "You cannot install Office 2008 12.2.0 Update on this volume. This update requires Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later." The computer is a MacBook Pro with 10.5.7 and office 12.1.9 installed. thanks in advance, tb. On 7/21/09 12:50 PM, in article 59b7889b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "tbInSM@officeformac.com" <tbInSM@officeformac.com> wrote: > &g...

converting lead error in 1,2
I get this error when i try to convert a lead to to an account and contact. Deos anyone have any ideas? Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information...

altitude crm connector #2
is there anyone who has experienced with altitude crm connector? how does it work? what does it provide? ...

Blocking Spam #2
Is there any way to set up a filter that will block email when the name is changing but the IP address is staying the same? For example, I may get multiple emails with the following addresses. XYZ@maillists.com, yut78@maillists.com, hyu87@maillists.com. Is there any way to set up one filter that blocks all of these (ie. users@maillists.com or something like this)? thanks Use just domain name in Junk Filter f.e. "maillists.com" or *@maillist.com (without commas) "Craig Burson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e9401c39d5b$17fdf550$...

Data Entry problem #2
When I enter numbers into spreadsheets they get changed to two decimal points (e.g. 250 = 2.5). I know there must be some global setting, but I don't know where. Can anyone help? one way; Ctrl+A to select the entire sheet. Then format>cells>number tab Alternative; Tools>options>Edit tab>uncheck the fixed decimals box HTH "Bob Shepard" wrote: > When I enter numbers into spreadsheets they get changed to two decimal points > (e.g. 250 = 2.5). I know there must be some global setting, but I don't know > where. Can anyone help? Hi Bob Just had...

pictures from memory card/camera
I really liked the camara/scanner wizard in Windows XP. When you connect a memory card or camera you can see every photo, checkmark the ones you want and then proceed to import and name the batch of photos. In Vista/7 I don't see any such option. The only option I see is the give a name to all the photos on the card/camera. You can not individually choose which photos to download etc. This is like a serious step back and loss of a cool feature. How can I get this functionality in windows vista/7. If not, is there a free 3rd party app I can use to regain the lost features...

HQ locks up for 7 mins. during each synchronization
During and after Synchronization you can't access items, print stickers or do anything other than run reports for a full 7 minutes each time. We synchronize every 15 minutes. We began experiencing this system freeze about 3 weeks ago. It is sure killing our productivity. Does anyone have any ideas on cause or fix. Please e-mail me at jnovoseller@yahoo.com. or respond here. Thanks. Joe JoeNovo wrote: > During and after Synchronization you can't access items, print stickers or do > anything other than run reports for a full 7 minutes each time. We > synchronize every 15 ...

Outlook 2003 problems #2
Just recently I have not been able to right-click on messages in m inbox in order to do a number of things (i.e. show as read or unread). When I right-click it doesn't do anything...no hourglass...no nothing. This is very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! Mat ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

(ofxhttp400) Fidelity process problem
what are my work-arounds for this error when I try downloading my Fidelity information? Thanks. I have this same issue. Does anyone have an answer to this question? TIA. >-----Original Message----- >what are my work-arounds for this error when I try >downloading my Fidelity information? Thanks. >. > In microsoft.public.money, sherman wrote: >I have this same issue. Does anyone have an answer to >this question? This is from the OFX spec: :Note: The server must return a code in the 400s for any problem that prevents it from :processing the request file. Processi...

Toolbars #2
Hi there, When using toolbars TBBS_WRAPPED can be used to wrap the tool bar at a specific button location. When TBBS_WRAPPED is set though the break happens automatically. How would I accomplish this: I want the toolbar only to break at the point where the toolbar buttons no longer fit on the screen (lllloooonnnngggg toolbar) and to break at the first button that becomes invisible (too far to the right). For me, the toolbar is just fine when using Small Icons but when using Large Icons the toolbar is too long for one line. Also if I add buttons to the toolbar (customize it) and make...

Data Points #2
How if possible can i get the data points in my chart to sit on the line itself. i.e. i have the numbers running along the bottom. 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 but the data states something should be on the 20 line, however the data point shows in the middle of 20 and 25 so the person lookin a tthe graph thinks the value is 22.5. how can i stop this. Thanks Craig Change the chart type from "Line" to "XY (Scatter)". The "Line" chart is very misleadingly named. It has nothing to do with whether you want a connecting line or not. A "Line&...

Bad (blank) messages stopping Outlook #2
This could be an Exchange bug OR an Outlook bug (or both). Hence the cross-posting. We are running Exchange 2003, and clients are accessing via Outlook and POP3. Occasionally, completely empty messages (no sender, no message, no body) will appear in mailboxes, and Outlook will choke. We must then go into OWA, which clearly shows the message to be completely empty, and delete the message before Outlook can receive again. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a fix/work-around? The message Outlook produces at that point is as follows: ---------- Task '(email account name...

My 2 Outlook 2003 profiles download both sets of messages
I am running Outlook 2003 on MS XP. Have used one profile for years with no probem. Just added a new profile for my business email and I'm set up to ask for which profile to use each time. No matter which profile I use, incoming message from both email accounts are downloaded into the current persona folder's inbox. My business messages and home messages are now pretty mixed up. Have double and triple checked my settings in each profile and don't see any errors. When I run the "test settings" that part works fine. Have contacted my ISP but they find...

Processing large files with TextFieldParser
ASP.net 3.5/SQL Server 2008 I've got a large (1.1m rows) csv file which needs parsing and sticking into sql server - the job needs doing every day and if anything the csv will get larger over time. At present I'm using a TextFieldParser to parse the csv line by line and add to the database. This fails probably 2 times in 3, if it's going to fall over it's usually at around 200,000 lines. Looking for suggestions as to how to do this robustly, on a shared server which doesn't allow bulk insert. Fair to assume the server is a factor in failure but I can't ...

Installing Rollup 2
We are planning to install CRM 3 Rollup 2. I need to make sure that there are no issues with installing the Rollup on the server and not installing on all workstations right away so that we are prepared for any problems that may occur. I have installed rollup #2 at multiple clients and the installation went pretty smooth. Good luck! Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Aug 9, 1:58 pm, AAA <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are planning to install CRM 3 Rollup 2. I need to make sure that there > are no issues with installing the Rollup on the server and n...

1 new Airport + 1 License + 2 Computers with Office = Trouble
OK, here is my problem. I have one G3 imac, one g4 imac and one g4 laptop computer. i put my office for mac on the g4 imac and g4 laptop computers. as far as i can tell this is not a problem, hence the note below off of the microsoft website. "The license agreement for Office v. X allows you to install your licensed copy of Office on a single computer, such as a desktop computer or workstation, and allows you, as the primary user of such computer, to install a second copy on your portable computer, such as a laptop, for your own personal use. The license agreement does not allow you to ...

Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2
Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2 Discount Watches Site : http://www.watchespurchase.com/ Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2 Link : http://www.watchespurchase.com/Longines-3997.html Longines Evidenza Chronograph Mens Watch L2.643.8.73.2 Information : Brand : Longines Watches ( http://www.watchespurchase.com/Longines.html ) Gender : Mens Code : L2.643.8.73.2 Item Variations : L26438732 Movement : Automatic Bezel : Fixed Case Material : 18k rose Gold Case Diameter : Dial Color : Silver...

upgrading from Office v. 4.2.1
Hi, I have version 4.2.1 on Microsoft Office. Can I use the upgrade version of Office 2004 for Mac to upgrade this version? Thanks. Any help would be appreciated. In article <1112793138.437316.197000@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, john.randino@verizon.net wrote: > I have version 4.2.1 on Microsoft Office. Can I use the upgrade version > of Office 2004 for Mac to upgrade this version? > Thanks. Any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately, the earliest version eligible for upgrade is Office 98. However, you may be able to find a copy of Office 98 or 2001 pretty cheap on Eb...