specify DC when creating a RUS?

According to every KB article i read you can't specify a DC when creating a
RUS, but i'm trying to create a RUS for a child domain and exchange is
picking up a 'former' domain controller...i thought i'd re-domainprep the
child domain to fix, but no luck..this is the scenario:

Our child domain was blown away and restored by some lovely remote staff, and
it didn't go so well. Anyhow, i'm trying to create a new recipient update
service for the remote child domain and its defaulting to the name of a DC
that no longer exists and I dont' have an option to change it. The DC does
not exist in DNS,  or the DSACESS tab of the exchange server, all FSMO roles
had been seized from it, and its been deleted from sites and services and the
Domain controllers OU...e2k3 on win2k3 native mode...any way to create a new
RUS and specify the DC?

0
knightly (222)

You can specify the server you want to use in ESM (exchange system manager)

Recipients/Recipient Update Services ..

Under the options right click properties and you can browse for a different DC
There isn't an existing RUS to be edited...its a new one being created.

"Mario Vlachakis" wrote:

> You can specify the server you want to use in ESM (exchange system manager)
>
> Recipients/Recipient Update Services ..
>
> Under the options right click properties and you can browse for a different DC
0
knightly (222)

Create One Record in a New Table from several tables
I have 4 "master" tables of information - Agent, City, Dept, and Level. I have a form that has a list box for each field in each of the 4 tables [4 fields total]. What I need is: The User clicks to select the field information needed in each of the 4 tables, then I want them to hit a command button and it creates a new record in another table with the selected information. Can anyone help me? Would greatly appreciate it! On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:00:03 -0800, DF2008 <DF2008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 4 "master" tables of information - Agent, ...

Ho do I create an A5 book
Hi All, I am using Publisher 2000, my question is how do I create a book A5 size? I would like to use A4 paper printed landscape so that I have 2 pages per sheet. Many thanks Martin File, Page Setup, Special Fold, Booklet, Landscape. I am assuming your default paper size is A4. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Martin Murray" <martin.jmurray@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:FD4FFE4B-6C46-4ED2-A44F-B0C2690A898A@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > I am using Publisher 2000, my question is how do I create a book A5 size? I > would like to use A4 paper ...

Upgrading Win 2K3 DC's to Win 2008
I have the need to upgrade all existing Win 2k3 domain controllers (3) to Win 2008 DC. The reason is that W2K3 AD won't allow us to set password policy to a policy group but to apply globally. Our environment: Exchange 2007 on W2K3 R2 - 64 bit Sharepoint server MOSS 2007 on W2K8 R2 32-bit All current DC's are on Wk3 Standard SP2 Please give me some idea how to accomplish this (unless there's a way to apply password policy to a selected group instead of to all users). Thanks Bill Hello Bill, If i understand your environment correct the DCs are "...

Creating XML from a DB

Creating and destroying objects in different threads
A quick question that seems to be relevant to MFC ('cause the problem doesn't appear on non-MFC code): I have a program that creates objects in one thread, and then needs to destroy them in another. The destructor causes an exception to be thrown, but without any helpful information. I vaguely recall from when MFC became multithread friendly that there is an issue in the memory leak detection mechanisms; the lists of allocated blocks are kept in thread-local storage, so can't be accessed when a block is destroyed from a different thread. Is this the case? I can't bel...

I want to create fancy Emails .
I want to make and send fancy Emails. Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ? FDLeyda Do you mean, HTML formatted e-mails? Go a Bing search for HTML email. For example, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_e-mail. "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message news:OxnwPFK8KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... I want to make and send fancy Emails. Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ? FDLeyda I understand IncrediMail might fit that bill: http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash.aspx --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microso...

Event Error in Creating Quick Campaign
Hi All, When Creating QuickCampaign, while opening create Quick Campaign Wizard, Iam getting 3 alerts, one with the message '1' and another with the message '<present date>'. Later alert is' <crm form cannot load object> An Error occured due to error in crmform customized field. Error in crmform field' like that. Please help me to resolve the problem. Hi Sushma, Where did you launch Quick Campaign from? For instance, if you launched it from Accounts, check to see if there is any custom Javascript code in the Account form that is causing the problem. ...

I need to create a data warehouse database, have only vague ideas
Hi Everybody, I am tasked with creating a data warehouse database and SSRS reports to support billing and decision-making. Using a manually-created report as a guide, I've created a few tables and imported, transformed, and created new data or updated existing data in these tables. What I don't have, though, is any kind of formal data warehouse development training, so I'm often left to wonder if there's a better way to do what I'm doing. For instance, I created an SSIS package in production that outputs a full customer list in a text file, then another package o...

Problems when creating Install file
Hi! I have migrated a VB application from Visual Studio 2003 to VB 2008 express, and I am having some difficulties when it comes to creating an installation file. At first, I can not create an installation project in my solution, I can just publish the project, but when doing so the extra files that the project uses (for example excel templates) do not get copied to the computer where I install the project. My questions are: 1.- Do you know how can I get my excel templates to be included in the install file? 2.- Do you know where I can find a good manual about how to create in...

Create a list and validation problem
Hi, I have a long list (50,000+) of product codes in a column with repeated entries and would like to create a product list with one entry per item. Using a countif and then deleting all repeated items is unpractical so I would like to know if there is some other way of doing this. I could create a pivot table and take the list from it, but I assume there's a better way (as this procedure is hard to include in a macro). Also, I am using data validation from a list to input information. However, when I use the freeze panes comand the data "combo box" no longer appears. ...

creating a worksheet in a worksheet?
Can you select a certain group of rows and columns, then separate tha from the rest of the worksheet? As if it could make its own littl worksheet, so I could edit the # of columns and the sizes of thos columns without it changing the entire worksheet? If so, how do I d that? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Excel Forum user who thinks "skaskaska >" suffices as their name, or even that symbols look okay within name/author field in newsgroups. No. Among other things you cannot change the width of a cell within a column, the entire column must have the s...

How to create AND MAINTAIN a new style???
I am sick to death of creating new styles that would save me tons of effort reformatting all the time, only to have them NOWHERE TO BE FOUND the next time I need them. What happens to a new style when I create it??? What impossibly esoteric and arcane directory does it get saved in??? It should be saved in your normal.dot or normal.dotm (depending on version of Word) template, unless the checkboxes about where to save it have been changed, and thereafter it will appear in all new documents based on that template. It's also possible to create new styles that aren't saved to ...

Need to create blank summation column
Hello everyone, I need to create a column which will display the multiplication of two previous columns with the stroke (input) of one key. In other words, all other rows are dependent on that one entry at the top. So normally, until the variable is entered, the column would display a bunch of zeros. I, however, want it to display an empty field until such time the user enters in a number at the top of the column. What command do I need for this? Thanks! =if($c$1="","",yourformula) "Randy" <randall@global.t-bird.edu> wrote in message news:051701c3...

Creating Financial Reports for 2009
I'm in the process of YE close and am at the point of creating 2009 financial reports. I've clicked on Advanced Reports and duplicated all of the 2008 reports with report names starting with 2009. Then using the Open button and clicking Layout brings up the report. I've double click each column header and changed the year to 2009 where columns depend on a year. When I go to save the report, GP blows up and closes. Currently running GP 10.00.1237. Logged in as "sa". Have tried on both workstation and the server and get the same results. Any help or ideas would be ap...

How do i create a new Enterprise Template in MS ProjectServer/PWA
I want to create a new Enterprise Template. how do i go about it. Hi Morpheus, I am assuming that you are on Server. if you are not on server, then tehre are a couple different options. First, I assume you have the permissions to save a template as that is required. Second, you need to be on the Server instance that you want to save the template to for everybody. Third, the method is to create the schedule and then save it as a Template instead of project in the "type' option. "Morpheus" wrote: > I want to create a new Enterprise Template. how d...

Outlook 2003 can't creat file
Hi, I'm having an outlook 2003 problem that is driving me nuts. Our users recieve emails with an attachment called form1.doc. After a while they are are not able to open attachments with this name, they get an error stating that outlook can't create the file If the sender renames the attachment then the recipient can open it. I'm wondering if someone knows if there is some sort of cache or limitations that can be cleared. The only way that I have been able to resolve this is to reimage the computer. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks Domenic Domeni...

Publisher 2007 crashes when trying to open website created with 20
One of my websites works with 2007 because it was named index.html within its file but the other doesn't that was named by its name.pub, I tried to rename it index.html but it didn't work, its icon became one of IE instead of Publisher like my first website. I ran office diagnostics and no error was found. Any help much appreciated. ...

Auto Send Email With Attached Word Doc Created From Merge
I have an excel file. This file has 4 columns - sign, first name, last name and Email. My goal is to create a button on each line (or link) that will automatically create an email using the email address in that record. Not only will it say Dear first name and last name, but it will also have a word document attached. This word document will automatically generate with the sign number and save itself as sign###.doc. (# = number in the sign field) The email will then open in outlook with: Subject of - "Testing 123" Body of - "Dear First name and last name," Attachment of -...

TOUGH QUESTION:Can a query create a relationship between two tables?????
Hi Everyone I run 2 make table queries and want them to have a relationship afterwards. it doesn't have to enforce referntial integrity as i only need to view the fields of the other table. Also i run these queries everyday so new tables are produced everyday and the relationship has to be severed before the query is run. So is there a query that can delete a relationship from 2 tables aswell? Cheers I would suggest an alternative approach. Rather than use make table queries, create your tables and relationships with the correct data types and lengths. Make table queries are pr...

How can i create a query on text input to return closest match?
I would like to create a text based parameter which will return the closest match? e.g Drink is the search citeria, the search will look for the word drink in every record and bring up those with the closest match Can you explain what you mean by closest match? Looking for the word Drink in a field and returning all the records where "drink" is included in the field would be simple. Field: SomeFieldWithText Criteria: LIKE "*" & [Enter word] & "*" But if you wanted to enter DRINK and find Drink or Drank or Drunk or Dink or Rink Or Dunk or .... in...

Adding 2008 R2 DC and SMB "clients"
I'm working on adding 2008 R2 DCs into my 2003 domain. I've done all the adprep steps and everything checks out health-wise. I'm running the 2008 DC wizard and I get to the screen that talks about the "new more secure default for the security setting named 'Allow cryptography algorithms compatible with NT 4.0'" section and it worries me. We have some FreeBSD Unix machines that use SAMBA, LDAP, etc. to authenticate against AD. Will the FreeBSD/SAMBA/LDAP auth be affected by adding a 2008 R2 DC into the domain? Does it matter what the domain...

how to create monthly calendar
when creating a monthly calendar the monthly icons do not appear at the botom of the screen - why Are you asking about the page tabs? What version Publisher? Generally: View, status bar. Post back if you are using 2007. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "whiskers" <whiskers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2FC3818-9D75-4E1B-9589-E9BBD46B252C@microsoft.com... > when creating a monthly calendar the monthly icons do not appear at the botom > of the screen - why Monthly icons? ...

Can't publish or create PDF files
Hi When I try to publish my newsletter or save it as a pdf file I get the error message " The file E:\HOG \pulication1.pdf is locked becasue it is currently being used by another program, please close the other program and then try opening or importing the file again" When I press the show help button it just says the same as above and also says to make sure that I have read permissions for the file. Publisher is the only program that I have open when I try to create the pdf file and I would guess that I must have read permissions as I was the one that created it in the fir...

when dc fails
I have Exchange 2003 sp1, 2 windows 2003 DC's. If I am authenticated to one DC and have Outlook open and the DC that I am authenticated to fails, I would expect Exchange to not care but this happened to me last night. Exchange gave me an error and all the messages I was sending went into my outbox and didn't get sent until the failed DC came back. Is this normal behaviour? Exchange would rebuild its list of DC/GC and once the DSAccess cache was flushed Exchange and Outlook would start "working" again. How quickly did the problem DC come back up? Nue "Bad Bea...

How to generate hyperlink to create appointment with subject popul
I know that you can use java to insert a url like 'http://crm/activies/appointments/edit.aspx' but I need to go one step further. I want to pass the id of the parent entity and the subject of the appointment. I have played around different variables, but 1. I am not sure that crm will even make use of passed variable 2. what those variables would be called. Ideally, I am wanting a link like: 'http://crm/activies/appointments/edit.aspx?id=' + accountid + '&subject="Demo Appointment"' Is this possible? You can pass the id of the parent entity usi...