SP2 "Manage Settings" for Public Folders

I just ran into an issue where the "Manage Settings" was unavailable in
Exchange System Manger.

Has anyone else ran into that problem and found a resolution?

Khan

0
kvhollis (2)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:34:04 -0400, "Khan Hollis"
<kvhollis@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I just ran into an issue where the "Manage Settings" was unavailable in
>Exchange System Manger.
>
>Has anyone else ran into that problem and found a resolution?
>

>Khan

Its only avail for child folders.

0
adavid (8731)
6/21/2006 3:16:20 PM
"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:34:04 -0400, "Khan Hollis"
> <kvhollis@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I just ran into an issue where the "Manage Settings" was unavailable in
>>Exchange System Manger.
>>
>>Has anyone else ran into that problem and found a resolution?
>>

> Its only avail for child folders.

Thanks, Andy.  That was it.  Someone had asked me about it today and I
looked at it and indeed - it was disabled.  Never thought of checking for
child folders.

Many thanks for your reply.

Khan

If PF is not mail enable, than answer is yes,
I have seen it before (-:

oz

--
Best regards, Good Luck
Oz Ozugurlu

MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
Http://www.msexchange911.org
Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)

"Khan Hollis" wrote:

> I just ran into an issue where the "Manage Settings" was unavailable in
> Exchange System Manger.
>
> Has anyone else ran into that problem and found a resolution?
>

> Khan

0
oz3871 (37)

SP2 "Manage Settings" for Public Folders
I just ran into an issue where the "Manage Settings" was unavailable in Exchange System Manger. Has anyone else ran into that problem and found a resolution? Khan On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:34:04 -0400, "Khan Hollis" <kvhollis@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just ran into an issue where the "Manage Settings" was unavailable in >Exchange System Manger. > >Has anyone else ran into that problem and found a resolution? > > >Khan > Its only avail for child folders. "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com>...

Manage settings wizard on Exchange 2003 Public Folders
I'm looking for a way to programmatically access the "Manage Settings > Modify Client Permissions > Replace A User" function over our entire public folder store at once. I need to do about 800 changes in a find/replace format and there isn't much rhyme or reason to it. Are there any applications out there that will do this for me? Is there a way to write a script that will do this and import the names from a csv or text file? I've asked this question a few times but noone has known how to go about it. I KNOW there is a way to do it and I KNOW that someone know...