SP2 fails to complete

Server 2000 SP4, Exchange 2003 SP1
SP2 install fails to complete, somewhat similar to KB 919076 but without
interupting mail flow.
Error message from install routine:

Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration
Services failed.
Error: 0xc107041d - 0xc007041d - The service did not respond to the start or
control request in a timely fashion. (EXIFS)

Looking in event viewer showed that error maessage immediatly preceeded by

Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 5.0.2195.6620, stamp 3de2893b,
faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault
address 0x6d701e43.

0
Steve3367 (862)

Updates faile to install
MS Automatic Update has downloaded a whole buch of updates, but I cannot get any of them to install, either singly or at shutdown. It looks like one of them might just cure my persistent junk mail problem, if only I could get XP Pro to take it on board. Anyone any ideas? Post in an XP forum or Windows Updates forum. This is not an Outlook problem. "martin_cartwright" wrote: > MS Automatic Update has downloaded a whole buch of updates, but I > cannot get any of them to install, either singly or at shutdown. It > looks like one of them might just cure my persistent junk...

Exchange2k3 SP2 Restore Error
I have an Exchange 2k3 cluster SP2 on Windows 2k3 sp2. We renamed a storage group recently and now a backup job from before the rename is failing. I'm not sure if it's related. The Backupexec error I get is "The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online and then try again. Do you think if I rename it back to what it originally was it will work? On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:12:24 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 2k3 cluster SP2 on Windows 2k3 ...

Reopening a Completed item
Can you reopen a Completed item? Once I close(Complete) a Phone Call Activity I can't find where to reopen it. Is that possible? Currently you cannot reopen a completed/canceled activity. You will need to recreate it again. You can view all activities via Workplace>>Activites Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >Can you reopen a Completed item? Once I close(Complete) a Phone Call >Activity I can't find where to reopen it. Is that possible? >. > ...

WaitForSingleObject() failing?
Hi I am writing a Windows Explorer type SDI MFC Application. This is a multi-threaded application. All the threads created by me are worker threads. Now there is a situation where one worker thread is still running & the main app thread creates another worker thread. I want to stop this. The first thread will finish then only the second thread can start. To achieve this i have used the function WaitForSingleObject() but this function is failing judged by its return value. The WaitForSingleObject() is used in the following fashion: void CMainFrame::OnToolsSaveInformation() { if(pApp-...

xsd:enumeration inheritance fails
Greetings I can't seem to inherit enumerated values from a globally defined type in my XML schema. XmlSchema.Compile() doesn't like it. Here's the schema. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xsd:simpleType name="MYTYPE"> <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string"> <xsd:enumeration value="Option1" /> <xsd:enumeration value="Option2" /> <xsd:enumeration value="Option3"...

IMF v2 from 2003 SP2
I had no problem with IMF with IMF1 , it worked great , but now i updated to sp2 where IMF2 comes as part of it ,i did uninstall the previous IMF and installed SP2 successfully according to the documents . after enabling filters in SMTP , not a single mail detected as spam ? no mails to smtp junk folder ? . please help . Thanks Thushya . Did you enable IMF v2 on SMTP virtual server? http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2005/10/exchange-server-2003-sp2-and-imf.html Also check the perfmon counters: http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/02/troubleshooting-imf-important_12.html -- Bharat S...

Process.Start(info) FAILS on Windows 2008
Hi OS: Windows Server 2008 / IIS7 The following code works fine on XP developemnt box, the compiled version of this code does not work on Win2008 Server. There is no error logged in the event viewer, I am totally stumpped, can you please advice... please Dim CampScheduleExePath As String = "C:\Production\CampaignSchedule\CampScheduleReport.exe" Dim info As ProcessStartInfo = New ProcessStartInfo(CampScheduleExePath, "2554/2/C/554/50") Dim p As Process = Process.Start(info) p.WaitForExit() p.Start() p.K...

Windows update fails to complete upload!!!
I am working on a brand new computer , dual core 64bit, 4 gigs of ram, terrabyte HD, ATi Graphics card, running Windows 7 64bit Professional. This computerwas built by an independent IT service guy with years of experience. The computer runs fine. Work on the internet and shows no problems when scanned by System Mechanic V9.5 which i just downloaded and installed. The problem is that it cannot install security and Windows up dates. no matter how many times I repeat the process. It says it installs some but after restarting the are not their. The update numbers are KB9734431, 97...

problem: Failed to create the mailbox
We recently encountered a problem: we cannot create new mailboxes on MSExchange 2000. "Failed to create the mailbox of /O=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/OU=xxxxxxxxxxx/cn=xxxxxxxxx/cn=testmail with error 0x8004010f. " In active directory everything goes OK, user gets mailaddress, we can set properies on that as usual. When we send the first mail however, the applicaton log generates above error. (also In Exchange SystemAdministrator, the mailbox is not visible) I found no references to this error... Hope somebody knows the answer to this one. Peter I am having same problem, When I create new ...

mstsc fails to connect on one of two laptops
I have to nearly identical HP laptops. Both are the same model, both are running Vista64 Home Premium. With mstsc, I can connect to my XP Pro SP3 system with no trouble at all. But on the other one, the connection fails with an illuminating "Cannot connect" message. No details as to why. I tried copying the Default.rdb file from the machine that can connect to the other one. That made no difference. I tried connecting as a different user, creating another .rdp file, but that didn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks, Jason In article <#UUSfR4wKHA.3564@TK2MS...

afxwin1.inl
I am running the debugger in VC++ 6.0. It says the assert is on the following line (27): { ASSERT(afxCurrentAppName != NULL); return afxCurrentAppName; } This happens when one of my dlls is executing. I tried adding the following as a global in the main code, but this did not help. CWinApp MyApp("xxxx"); // attempted to remove assert Also, I use multiple dlls. One of the dll's uses MFC (not the new problematic one) and is a normal dynamically linked dll. (use MFC shared dll and NO DllMain). Any ideas on how to fix the assert? TIA! Is it possible that you need to...

LoadLibrary fails for Windows XP SP3
Our MFC dialog based Installer application shows error loading =93newdev.dll=94 after Windows SP3 service pack is installed and also after update with IE8 and Security updates for windows. GetLastError() reveals error code 998 (ERROR_NOACCESS) As suggested in the thread from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q= 196069/ I tried to get the stack trace to trace the issue using =93user mode dump process and WinDbg=94. Since its windows system DLL I have limited clue to the issue. Please help. Further info 1. I tried loading the =93newdev.dll=94 from the small =93consol...

DPM 2007
Hi All, Can someone please confirm, is it possible to protect certain folders of a Windows XP Pro machine using DPM 2007? I've installed the Agent, but when browsing the volumes, I can't navigate any further than C:\, on our servers we can select any folder we like. Thanks, Ben http://www.2way.net.au Something I have discovered which is strange. I have the following folder structure on the XP machine: C:\Data\Development C:\Data\Software If I share the Data folder, I get an error when trying to modify the protection group stating "DPM cannot access the...

CRM 3.0 fails on Outlook 2003 after installing Office Update
I have a workstation that is running Office 2003 Professional with the CRM Outlook Laptop client. Outlook and the CRM client were working fine until an update was installed for office. Now I get this error when Outlook is started: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if error persists. We have tried the following different thing to no avail. Reinstall CRM client. Uninstall CRM client, repair Office, install CRM client. Uninstall CRM client, uninstall Office, install Office, install CRM client. ...

complete list of error message for exchange?
Dear all, Can anyone tell me where to download a complete list of error message for exhcnage? thanks sam There really is no one definitive place to do this, we have some articles such as the ones below that list error codes 266361 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes 0 to -1048 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266361 266367 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes -1051 to -999999 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266367 You can also use Error.exe to translate errors. Go to a command prompt and change to your Exchsrvr\bin folder If you are getting say a -1018 error, type error -...

Global Suggestions Tool Fail
When one searches Global Suggestions Tool in Partnersource, a How-To article is presented that only includes broken links. Microsoft should upgrade the Bank Transfer module to include multi company functionality. I have run into this issue on many occasions. Clients using multi-company often move funds around between accounts just like one does within one company. Your suggestions should be posted on ms connect https://connect.microsoft.com/?wa=wsignin1.0 Join the Dynamics GP Connection and search before you post. If you find your suggestion there, vote for it. Pleas...

Upgrade 3.0 to 4.0 failed: object named 'Attributetypes' already i
Setup failed with 2 errors of which the first appeared to be ignored on a retry but then the second would not continue. Now what? Log is: 16:53:55| Info| Metadata xml upgrade: pass 1 16:53:55| Info| Metadata xml upgrade: pass 1 16:54:34| Info| Metadata xml upgrade: pass 2 16:54:34| Info| Metadata xml upgrade: pass 2 16:54:55| Info| Updating metadata for custom many-to-many relationships 16:54:55| Info| Updating metadata for custom many-to-many relationships 16:54:59| Info| Upgrading the views in the MSCRM database 16:54:59| Info| Upgrading the views in the MSCRM database 16:...

Outlook 2002 SP2
I have email hosted by register.com and cannot retrieve email via pop3 using outlook 2002 SP2. I can send email using their SMTP server but cannot retrieve incoming without accessing their web-based email system. I have double checked my incoming pop3 server settings and they appear to be set properly. It also worked for about 2 years until last week when register.com was having email problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, - Jason I would contact the ISP to ensure that they did not change anything on their end - the most common thing usually being that they changed ...

Incomplete dialog box in Outlook 2002 sp3 on XP sp2
I am unable to use the dialog box in: Tools--->Options. Only half of it is seen. And the bottom option (notes) is barely readable. I have tried changing the resolutionand the the font size, tried "run outlook.exe /cleanviews" and ran Help-->Detect and Repair..all to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.... Mikro wrote: > I am unable to use the dialog box in: Tools--->Options. Only half of it > is seen. And the bottom option (notes) is barely readable. > I have tried changing the resolutionand the the font size, tried "run > outlook.exe /cleanviews&quo...

'In maintenance mode' status after Exchange 2003 upgrade to SP2 #2
Hello, I have upgraded all my Exchange 2003 (Enterprise edition) servers from SP1 to SP2. One of the servers display now in the status "In Maintenance Mode". The five other servers are at status "Available". Exchange is correctly running on all of them. It's the first time I see the status "In Maintenance Mode" and I cannot find any information on it. Do you have any idea? In the Monitoring tab on the server, the "Disable all monitoring of this server" checkbox is selected. uncheck it Here is the article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=2603...

Is the auto complete possible in GP ?
Hi In the most of cheap and normal programs while you creating Sales Invoice ,the item number appear immediately while you type the first character Example: If I have Items: Korean-lg , Kodak-camera , kolompia-motor .....etc Just you type "k" character... all the item numbers start with "k" will Appears . You can't do that In Great Plains from the first time you working on inventory Item!!?? Is that right ???? Is there a way to active this feature in GP without opening lookup button ? Without any customization or third-party products, you are correct that y...

IE 7 with Exchange 2003 SP2
Hi, System: Exchange 2003 back-end: Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP2 Exchange 2003 front-end: Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP2 Problem, After my customer apply the IE 7 on the both front-end and back-end Exchange 2003 servers, problem occurs on the Exchange system. 1.) From ESM, attemp to access help at any where, application crash occurs (This can be solve by un-install IE7) 2.) Offline address book does not work. Does anybody have this problem and how to solve it. Cheers, Didn't read your post until now because I didn't associate IE 7 with System Manager Help. Fou...

Excel 2003 with SP2 locks on startup
I've just loaded Office Professional 2003 (updating from Office XP) and have downloaded the SP2 update pack, but both Excel 2003 and Word 2003 lock up on start-up. It may have something to do with eirther the Virus scanner (Norton's Antivirus 2005 but probably unlikely) or the fact that MS Office Updates won't work as I suspect some of the earlier Windows Installer Patch files may be missing or corrupted from the XP version. I also couldn't uninstall Office XP in the normal manner from Install/Remove programs. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this. (Not...

operation failed when trying to send an attachment intermintantly
Our company is getting issues where intermintantly, when people try to send emails with attachments they get an operation failed. To solve this they have to delete the attachment and readd it and try again. It happens to a number of the company employees on a regular basis. The client is Outlook 2000 sp2. We are running Exchange 5.5 sp4. and the operating systems are 2000. Please help with any suggestions. It happens once a day per person on average, though not every time you send an attachments. Without an attachment the email sends fine. It also happens when trying to send the email...

SMS (text messages) and Exchange 2003 sp2
Hey everyone, We are running a Win2k3 domain and Exchange 2003 w/sp2. We are a Univ. and in light of what happened at Virginia Tech University the other day EVERYONE is talking about how to communicate with students in an emergency. Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to send text (SMS) messages to cel phones? When I try to send some test emails I get the following kick back: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 5555555555@cingularme.com on 4/17/2007 10:05 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your sy...