SP2 broke OWA : HTTP 500 - Internal server error

I just installed SP2 over the weekend and when I came in this morning I
noticed that OWA was no longer working for the accounts that are on the SP2
Server.  All other servers OWA accounts work fine.

Any Ideas.

Thanks

Heith

0
hcook1 (4)

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:28:35 -0800, "Microsoft" <hcook@connect-it.biz>
wrote:

>I just installed SP2 over the weekend and when I came in this morning I
>noticed that OWA was no longer working for the accounts that are on the SP2
>Server.  All other servers OWA accounts work fine.
>
>Any Ideas.
>
>Thanks
>
>Heith

Is Sp2 applied to the Front End server as well?
0
adavid (8731)
12/27/2005 9:29:02 PM
"Andy David" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:28:35 -0800, "Microsoft" <hcook@connect-it.biz>
> wrote:
>
>>I just installed SP2 over the weekend and when I came in this morning I
>>noticed that OWA was no longer working for the accounts that are on the
>>SP2
>>Server.  All other servers OWA accounts work fine.
>>
>>Any Ideas.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Heith
>>

> Is Sp2 applied to the Front End server as well?

No SP2 is only on one exchange server.  We have 4 exchange servers plus the
front-end server.  I think putting SP2 on the front-end server will fix the
problem, but I also think it might break OWA on all of the non-SP2 servers
until they are upgraded to SP2.

0
hcook1 (4)
12/27/2005 9:58:10 PM
It won't break OWA on the other servers if you apply SP2 to the Front-end
server.

SP's should always be applied to Front end servers first.  In the case of
OWA, a FE server that is at a *higher* revision (SP2) can still serve
requests to Back-end servers that are at a *lower* revision (SP1), but it
doesn't work the other way around.  A Front-end server at SP1 cannot serve
OWA requests to a Back-end server that is at SP2.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Heith" <hcook@connect-it.biz> wrote in message

> "Andy David" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:28:35 -0800, "Microsoft" <hcook@connect-it.biz>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I just installed SP2 over the weekend and when I came in this morning I
>>>noticed that OWA was no longer working for the accounts that are on the
>>>SP2
>>>Server.  All other servers OWA accounts work fine.
>>>
>>>Any Ideas.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Heith
>>>

>> Is Sp2 applied to the Front End server as well?
>

> No SP2 is only on one exchange server.  We have 4 exchange servers plus
> the front-end server.  I think putting SP2 on the front-end server will
> fix the problem, but I also think it might break OWA on all of the non-SP2
> servers until they are upgraded to SP2.

0
Ben

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

OWA jumping mouse

Relay from unstruted server

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Relay Servers?

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Error in Outlook Today

Microsoft Exchange Server

OWA Calendar Views
I am hosting an Exchange 2003 SP1 server with many users connecting via OWA. Many of the users (including my boss) are not fond of the 7 day view and much prefer the 5 day "Work Week" view within Outlook. Are there any modules that I can load to implement this "Work Week" view within OWA? I am aware of the control click method in the OWA calendar but my boss does not like that solution. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

error 553

80070005 error #2

OWA Calendar
Hello, Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have some sort of tools to do this? Users could still make changes through Outlook and we would like to be able to display the calendar on our website. Thoughts? TIA, Jason "Jason King" <jasonk@bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%230ps86yIFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently > make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have so...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server