Sort address list by using LDAP query

I am not sure if it is possible on Exchange 2003. Currently our address book
is sorted alphabetically by its display name entries. I want to sort it so
all distribution lists will become on top of the list and followed by user
names.
On Exchange System Manager, under 'All Address Lists', I have an Address
List with the following LDAP query (using 'Custom Search'):

(&(&(mailnickname=*)(|(&(objectCategory=user)(company=*))(&(objectCategory=group)(displayName=*)))))

Is there any LDAP keyword that I can add here so it can be sorted as I want?

Thank you in advance,
Tan
0
Bandradi (1)

No, there isn't. Users can use the "All Groups" Address List, or you can try
renaming Distribution Groups to have a character like - and see if that puts
those on top of the list (start by creating a new test group and see if that
works... ).
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Tan Bandradi" <Tan Bandradi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am not sure if it is possible on Exchange 2003. Currently our address
>book
> is sorted alphabetically by its display name entries. I want to sort it so
> all distribution lists will become on top of the list and followed by user
> names.
> On Exchange System Manager, under 'All Address Lists', I have an Address
> List with the following LDAP query (using 'Custom Search'):
>
> (&(&(mailnickname=*)(|(&(objectCategory=user)(company=*))(&(objectCategory=group)(displayName=*)))))
>
> Is there any LDAP keyword that I can add here so it can be sorted as I
> want?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Tan

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/31/2007 2:36:22 PM
Bharats right.

Stick a space before your Groups Display Names, All groups will then be at
the top of the GAL.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
1/31/2007 4:16:32 PM
Scrap that,

I just tried it and it doesn't work. I had read this from an old Exchange
2000 article but it doesn't seem to be working!!

_ works

I'm just going to try and see if I can fix it by playing around with some
group atrributes.

I'll get back to you.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
1/31/2007 4:27:18 PM
On Microsoft Exchange 5.5, I used * character before display name, and it's
work well.

But now I have to follow standard naming of distribution list on our
organization, so I am not allowed to use that method anymore, hiks...!

Thanks for your help anyway,
Tan

"Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:

> Scrap that,
>
> I just tried it and it doesn't work. I had read this from an old Exchange
> 2000 article but it doesn't seem to be working!!
>
> _ works
>

> I'm just going to try and see if I can fix it by playing around with some
> group atrributes.
>
> I'll get back to you.
>
> Oliver

Have users use the All Groups address list - that's what it's for.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

> On Microsoft Exchange 5.5, I used * character before display name, and
> it's
> work well.
>
> But now I have to follow standard naming of distribution list on our
> organization, so I am not allowed to use that method anymore, hiks...!
>
> Thanks for your help anyway,
> Tan
>

> "Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:
>
>> Scrap that,
>>
>> I just tried it and it doesn't work. I had read this from an old Exchange
>> 2000 article but it doesn't seem to be working!!
>>
>> _ works
>>

>> I'm just going to try and see if I can fix it by playing around with some
>> group atrributes.
>>
>> I'll get back to you.
>>
>> Oliver

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

auto sort?
Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet in the correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new row? would be a big help for my reservations workbook thanks D You could try the worksheet change event: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) <<Sort Code>> End Sub This should re-sort your selection everytime the worksheet changes. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Dave" <post@site.com> wrote in message news:%23czt38POFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to make a dated entry insert ...

Web query timeout setting.

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

LDAP Write access?

sort by day of the week?
Excel 2002 I have 10 years of grain prices...one price for each trading day of th year. In 'A' we have the date, in 'B' the price. What I need to do i get a list of prices for Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc... Possible? (I really, really don't want to do this manually) Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com add a column = weekday(a1,1) etc and do a sort on this colum -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you. You saved me 3 or 4 hours of excruciating data entry. Thi was the last step of a vital report. Now I can do my char...

Using INDIRECT within functions

sorts not sorting

How to use count for calls per hour

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

Format List Box!

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...