Some emails Hung up in Notes mailbox, some are being sent though?? Updated Notes Connector

I need everyone to still have access to Notes, simply because we have
10+ years of data in there, and they will need access to it every day.
So I found a way to eliminate their mail accoutn in notes, and have
their emails get forwarded to Exchange. But, i have one accoutn that
works perfect every time. 2 of the other accounts, it seems that the
email is held up in the exchange.box, and just sits there? a few of the
other accounts work spiratically?

I have Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2, the newest Notes Connector, Domino
7, Notes Client 6.5.1 on the Exchange Server, Server 2003 SP1 w/latest
updates.

You need to migrate the Notes data to Exchange to remove the need for
co-existence. Based on my experience the Notes connector is not something
you want to be stuck with. Look at the Notes Migrator from Quest for this
migration.

Have you confirmed that the forwarding address in Notes matches the Exchange
proxy address? Also are the two problem accounts in the same format as the
account that is working? Do they all have the same set of proxy (email)
addresses stamped on their AD user object?

Nue
"rhalljr" <spam2005account@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I need everyone to still have access to Notes, simply because we have 10+
>years of data in there, and they will need access to it every day. So I
>found a way to eliminate their mail accoutn in notes, and have their emails
>get forwarded to Exchange. But, i have one accoutn that works perfect every
>time. 2 of the other accounts, it seems that the email is held up in the
>exchange.box, and just sits there? a few of the other accounts work
>spiratically?
>
> I have Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2, the newest Notes Connector, Domino 7,
> Notes Client 6.5.1 on the Exchange Server, Server 2003 SP1 w/latest
> updates.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/10/2006 3:34:23 PM
I do know that they have the same info for the Proxy address. I need to
have them co-exist for only a couple of weeks. I am deleting their need
for Mail in Notes, and a couple of the email accounts work fine. But
there are a few that are giving me a hard time, as far as forwarding
from notes.

Because of this, i am only planning on migrating one user at a time, and
setting them up, making sure they know how to use it, then moving on to
the next user. We are a small company as far as staff is concerned, but
its vital that we have minimal down time for email, as far as each user
is concerned.

Nuevo wrote:
> You need to migrate the Notes data to Exchange to remove the need for
> co-existence. Based on my experience the Notes connector is not something
> you want to be stuck with. Look at the Notes Migrator from Quest for this
> migration.
>
> Have you confirmed that the forwarding address in Notes matches the Exchange
> proxy address? Also are the two problem accounts in the same format as the
> account that is working? Do they all have the same set of proxy (email)
> addresses stamped on their AD user object?
>
> Nue
> "rhalljr" <spam2005account@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I need everyone to still have access to Notes, simply because we have 10+
>> years of data in there, and they will need access to it every day. So I
>> found a way to eliminate their mail accoutn in notes, and have their emails
>> get forwarded to Exchange. But, i have one accoutn that works perfect every
>> time. 2 of the other accounts, it seems that the email is held up in the
>> exchange.box, and just sits there? a few of the other accounts work
>> spiratically?
>>
>> I have Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2, the newest Notes Connector, Domino 7,
>> Notes Client 6.5.1 on the Exchange Server, Server 2003 SP1 w/latest
>> updates.

Do you ever get any NDRs from the emails that stay in the Exchange.box? Have
you tried creating a new forwarding address in Notes and adding a new email
address in Exchange to see if that will force an update?

>I do know that they have the same info for the Proxy address. I need to
>have them co-exist for only a couple of weeks. I am deleting their need for
>Mail in Notes, and a couple of the email accounts work fine. But there are
>a few that are giving me a hard time, as far as forwarding from notes.
>
> Because of this, i am only planning on migrating one user at a time, and
> setting them up, making sure they know how to use it, then moving on to
> the next user. We are a small company as far as staff is concerned, but
> its vital that we have minimal down time for email, as far as each user is
> concerned.
>
> Nuevo wrote:
>> You need to migrate the Notes data to Exchange to remove the need for
>> co-existence. Based on my experience the Notes connector is not something
>> you want to be stuck with. Look at the Notes Migrator from Quest for this
>> migration.
>>
>> Have you confirmed that the forwarding address in Notes matches the
>> Exchange proxy address? Also are the two problem accounts in the same
>> format as the account that is working? Do they all have the same set of
>> proxy (email) addresses stamped on their AD user object?
>>
>> Nue
>> "rhalljr" <spam2005account@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I need everyone to still have access to Notes, simply because we have
>>> 10+ years of data in there, and they will need access to it every day.
>>> So I found a way to eliminate their mail accoutn in notes, and have
>>> their emails get forwarded to Exchange. But, i have one accoutn that
>>> works perfect every time. 2 of the other accounts, it seems that the
>>> email is held up in the exchange.box, and just sits there? a few of the
>>> other accounts work spiratically?
>>>
>>> I have Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2, the newest Notes Connector, Domino
>>> 7, Notes Client 6.5.1 on the Exchange Server, Server 2003 SP1 w/latest
>>> updates.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/10/2006 4:23:53 PM
Havent gotten an NDR's.

Yeah, when i do that, it add "@salient" to the end of the originating
address. I also double checked the proxy, and its the same across all
addresses.

I just reinstalled the exchange server, and had to remove all email
attributes from all users, and i have been reconfiguring all of them.
The first on is the one that worked fine, the rest have been spiratic.

Rodney

P.S. thanks for all your assitance... i really appreciate it!!

Nuevo wrote:
> Do you ever get any NDRs from the emails that stay in the Exchange.box? Have
> you tried creating a new forwarding address in Notes and adding a new email
> address in Exchange to see if that will force an update?
>
> Nue
> "rhalljr" <spam2005account@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I do know that they have the same info for the Proxy address. I need to
>> have them co-exist for only a couple of weeks. I am deleting their need for
>> Mail in Notes, and a couple of the email accounts work fine. But there are
>> a few that are giving me a hard time, as far as forwarding from notes.
>>
>> Because of this, i am only planning on migrating one user at a time, and
>> setting them up, making sure they know how to use it, then moving on to
>> the next user. We are a small company as far as staff is concerned, but
>> its vital that we have minimal down time for email, as far as each user is
>> concerned.
>>
>> Nuevo wrote:
>>> You need to migrate the Notes data to Exchange to remove the need for
>>> co-existence. Based on my experience the Notes connector is not something
>>> you want to be stuck with. Look at the Notes Migrator from Quest for this
>>> migration.
>>>
>>> Have you confirmed that the forwarding address in Notes matches the
>>> Exchange proxy address? Also are the two problem accounts in the same
>>> format as the account that is working? Do they all have the same set of
>>> proxy (email) addresses stamped on their AD user object?
>>>
>>> Nue
>>> "rhalljr" <spam2005account@yahoo.com> wrote in message

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

multiple email identities

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

Updating a chart Automatically

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

Updating Credit Card Information
I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this problem. On 2005-03-23, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from > several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the > transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this > problem. Well it depends on how long you've been tr...

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Shared email account
I am new XP user. I have set up separate XP accounts for me and for my wife. I would like to have both of us to be able to use the same Outlook email address. How do I set up Outlook so that the 2 XP accounts look at the same Inbox, Sent Items, Address Book, etc.? Thanks, Dan P Locate the pst-file for the account that now has all the e-mails in it. Move the pst-file to a location both can reach (for instance C:\Outlook) Start Outlook fot that user and it will prompt you for the new location. Once configured close Outlook for that user and logon as the other user Open Outlook and choo...