Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

  I have a problem that I cannot put a handle on with my exchange
server. Some outbound messages do not reach their destination. The
problem happens with certain destinations.

  However the confusing part is that some messages are able to make it
through.  This would mean that there are no problems with DNS or MX
lookup or any connectivity issue since some emails manage to make it
through.

  I'm at a loss and can't figure where to look first I hope that
someone might have an idea.

0
izzo.paul (1)

You'll have to provide more information. Are you receiving NDrs if so can
you share them? Is there any pattern to the failures, eg sender or
destination. Check your SMTP logs to see if they provide more information.
Do you have a PTR record configured for your Exchange server?

Nue
<izzo.paul@gmail.com> wrote in message
>  I have a problem that I cannot put a handle on with my exchange
> server. Some outbound messages do not reach their destination. The
> problem happens with certain destinations.
>
>  However the confusing part is that some messages are able to make it
> through.  This would mean that there are no problems with DNS or MX
> lookup or any connectivity issue since some emails manage to make it
> through.
>
>  I'm at a loss and can't figure where to look first I hope that
> someone might have an idea.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/21/2006 9:43:17 PM
it would be helpful to see the full text of any NDRs involved...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

<izzo.paul@gmail.com> wrote in message
>   I have a problem that I cannot put a handle on with my exchange
> server. Some outbound messages do not reach their destination. The
> problem happens with certain destinations.
>
>   However the confusing part is that some messages are able to make it
> through.  This would mean that there are no problems with DNS or MX
> lookup or any connectivity issue since some emails manage to make it
> through.
>
>   I'm at a loss and can't figure where to look first I hope that
> someone might have an idea.

0
sconkey (3059)

Charting Email Viruses
Hi I have very little experience with Excel graphs and I would appreciate some help. I have a table with dates and times when a virus was intercepted by our virus checker program. It goes from 2001 to present and has about 30'000 entries :-( A fragment is listed below. I would like to plot the number of arrivals of each virus vs time, and also a combined graph with each and all viruses vs time. The time granularity could be weeks or months, but also hours. ===================================== Date Time Virus 24.01.2002 15:59 Hybris 24.01.2002 17:00 Hybris 24.01.2002 23:06 Badtrans....

Autocomplete for email addresses in a cell
When I am filling in a cell I will often use the "@" symbol, for email addresses or directions etc. I would like to turn this feature off but haven't been able to find a way to do so. Unchecking the autocomplete for cell values option in the Advanced Excel Options doesn't do the trick. Excel Options, Proofing, Check Ignore internet and file addresses Kevin U wrote: > When I am filling in a cell I will often use the "@" symbol, for email > addresses or directions etc. I would like to turn this feature off but > haven't been able to f...

Random emails tracked in CRM 3.0
Hello- Would anyone know why emails that have not been set to track in CRM would appear against random companies within CRM 3.0. ? This is a new company I've joined, and there was no IT handover, so I'm trying to bodge my way through things. They use Exchange 2003. I have checked the users' settings- they do not have 'track all emails' set. Many thanks L ...

I can't send emails!
I sent an email yesterday, but have been unable to ever since. I get the following error message: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'maymorning@o2.co.uk'. Subject 'Re: Long time no hear...

Photos in emails...outlook express
The digital photos I send to others (and myself) are oversized. I'm an Outlook Express user and I know that when I started using Express, it sized the photos for the screen. It then went through a short phase of oversized and then went back to normal resized photos. It's a year later and now they're oversized again. I do have a new digital camera but the first week of two of using it the photos would resize. How can I make sure my photos are resized to fit the screen? Both sending and receiving. Thanks Matt Hi, Matt - This is a group to support Outlook from the Offi...

Outlook2K3 unable to add attachment to email
I recently attempted to add an image attachment to a new Outlook 2003 email & get a message box: Operation Failed (no other info). This seem to occur trying to attach any file. OL is installed as part of Office Pro. OS is WinXPsp2. Detect & repair didn't help. Attachments work ok in OE v.6. Any suggestions as to what I can look at to resolve this? thank you, -- Dale Sampson http://www.dalesplace.net ...

SBS2000
Users are reporting that when mail is created and sent it just stays in their outbox. No mail has been recieved over the weekend and mail will not get sent even from domain user to domain user. Server: SBS2000 (win2k SP4) running the usual services including MS-Exchange2000-SP3, SMEX (latest ver)+IMSS. OfficeScan(Latest ver). WorkStations: WIN98, WIN2k, WINXP using Outlook2000+XP Users can move mail around in their mailboxes/subfolders but when they hot send the mail just stays in their outbox. When I browse to "M:\DOMAIN\MBX\User\Outbox\" I can see the mails (.EML) When mail is...

outlook is for pop email
When I try to use Outlook on my WinXP Pro machine running office 2003 to get my email or send email, I get this message whenever I click on send/receive: The Operation Failed. Object could not be found. Been trying to solve the problem. Using MS knowledgebase article #312354 that addresses the problem was of no help at all. Did as instructed in the article, but I keep bouncing out saying my user name or password is not correct, but they are correct. Came across this statement from the microsoft.public.outlook newsgroup while trying to find the answer to my problem, and I am wondering if wha...

Emails detected as containing Spamheader
May I know what is the reason emails send thru MS Outlook Basic Edition 2003 is detected as containing Spamheader by Declude JunkMail ? How to fix this problem ? Bluecp <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > May I know what is the reason emails send thru MS Outlook > Basic Edition 2003 is detected as containing Spamheader > by Declude JunkMail ? How to fix this problem ? Outlook 2003 isn't including the "Message-ID" header but relying on the SMTP server to add it. Aparently your server is not, and so Declude is stating the message is junk. Declude i...

Problems with email collection in Outlook 2003
A colleague's computer is not collecting emails from her ISP (TalkTalk in the UK, if it's relevant). She has an old laptop running Outlook 2000, which is set to leave messages on the server. When she picks up messages from the old laptop, she gets all the emails, but if she does the same with the new laptop, she gets nothing. We've tried leaving the old laptop switched off and sending test messages to this email account, but it's not being picked up, even though it shows up on the ISP's webmail account and www.mail2web.com. We tried deleting the account informatio...

email
The time recorded on all my incoming email is clearly and unequivocally incorrect, by several hours. I haven't yet checked to see if my outgoing mail is arriving at its assigned destination also with an incorrect time. My OS (Vista) date/clock is showing the correct values. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how I might resolve this issue? I thought I was undecisive but now I''m not too sure "Pompeygill" <Pompeygill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4795D99B-8C65-433A-94CA-2E9AAADA619D@microsoft.com... > The time recorded on all ...

Outlook Sends Internal Email to Internet
Outlook 2003, Windows XP SP2, Windows SBS 2003. There are two accounts configured: one for pop3 internet email via an ISP the other the Exchange account. If the ISP account is set to default, internal email is sent over this connection. If I set the Exchange account as default external email account needs to be selected before it will go via the ISP. What gives? I always thought it didn't matter which account was the default since mail gets routed depending on domain. Any ideas, anyone? Forgive me if this should have been posted on the Exchange forum. Outlook 2003 changed...

Catch all email for Exchange2003
Hi, Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to have a catch all email for all domains? My Exchange server is handling 5 domains and I want all emails sent to those 5 domains that can't be delivered to user mailbox will be delivered to this 'default' mail box. Thanks for any suggestion. Hadi Set up a maibox for non-deliverable e-mail within the properties of the smtp virtual server within the ESM. Go to the messages tab of it and configure who gets the NDRs. -- David Wyatt MCSE, MCSA 2000/2003 Messaging This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no r...

Email printed mystery
I am totally confused how this happened, if anyone can clue me in i would really appreciate it. AD 2k3 mixed Exchange 2k3 I have a user, we will call him Mike, who was working at home via Outlook Web Access. At one point Mike's cat jumps up on the keyboard and lays down and a sensative company email from "Sally" to "Kate" and "Mindy" prints on his printer at home. Mike says he never had this email in his mailbox and never had it as an attachment either, nor on his desktop. Mike has never seen this email that just printed. I ran message tracking to...

Cannot edit email address
Using Exchange 2003, SBS 2003. Just changed a user's email address (hosted by external IP) and want to change it in Exchange. No matter how many times I edit this in Server Management or AD Users and Computers, whenever my user sends out an email, the reply-to email is always the old one that I DON'T want. It currently shows two email addresses, and the primary is the old email. I select the new address, click the "make primary" button and looks like it works. As soon as I close the properties screen and reopen, the old email is back as primary. How can I once and for...

Automatically send a copy of an email when its sent.
Hi, We have a shared malibox for our sales enquiries. We have several staff connected to this mailbox. Everytime an email is sent from this mailbox we want to be able to Automatically send a copy to another mailbox. I thought it would be possible to use rules, but its not. Is there anything that can be set on the Exchange System Manager?? Please help, this is really bugging me. Thanks in advance. Simon Lee Take a look at SelectiveJournaling application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "Simon" <simonrlee22@hotmail.com> ...

Importing new email address in Windows Mail
I'm trying to find the correct settings so my new email server will work with Windows Mail. When I check for new mail, Windows connects with the Gmail server, but then times out. Can someone help me find the right settings so I will have email? When it 'times out', it should give you an error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Scr...

BCC email from exchance
How can I setup in Exchange 2003 that all emails send FROM a certain email address gets BCC to another email address? ...

merging Excel worksheets by email
If a person emails his worksheet to me which is set up the exact same way, how do I go about merging it with mine? Please be specific since this is new to me. (Excel2000) Barbara B Copy and Paste? Sorry, can't be more specific without knowing more about the problem. Anders Silv=E9n "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> skrev i meddelandet = news:Gtzob.10145$Px2.5091@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net... > If a person emails his worksheet to me which is set up the exact same = way, > how do I go about merging it with mine? Please be specific since this = is > new to me. (...

How do I change my email address for Office Online?
How do I change my email address for Office Online? ...

My Homepage and Emails
On the "My Homepage" I have 53 emails in progress... However these emails have all been either sent or received, and are not "open" as such. Is there anyway to "close" off these emails so it does show in My Email and as In Progress? Select all from the In Progress Queue and Action >> Delete If they are emails, this will clear it from the In Progress Queue, but won't delete the actual record. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Biyoojok" wrote: > On the "My Homepage" I have 53 email...

Create a search folder to look at all emails in one folder and selected criteria in other folders
Hi! Is is possible to create a search folder that shows ALL the email in the Inbox while only showing the unread email is other folders and subfolders? I would like to use this as a modified Inbox. Thanks, PJW I don't think you can do that since a search folder only allows one set of criteria. <phil.whitacre@cox.net> wrote in message news:1144603155.163778.133800@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi! > > Is is possible to create a search folder that shows ALL the email in > the Inbox while only showing the unread email is other folders and > subfolders? I wou...

Email Address Based On Recipient Policy
Ok. I have this question. I recently upgraded my Exchange 5.5 to 2003 by adding 2003 Exchange to the organization. All mailboxes have been moved over. Now, my 5.5 was setup that email addresses get generated based on First Name and First Initial of Last name. The recipient policy on 2003 is still set to default that email address = user name that you create which is ok by me for now. Here comes the problem. Some users even before migration, we changed their email addresses to something else for all different reasons. So now their email addresses can be just first name or just l...

Can not send email to Yahoo Account
I host my own domain: office.mydomain.com When I tried to send email to yahoo accounts, I get the following message: ************************************************************************************************************** Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: DAFDFD Sent: 1/15/2007 5:18 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xyz@YAHOO.COM on 1/15/2007 5:18 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct addres...

pictures in Outlook7 email?
When I am sent a picture in the new Outlook email and they are "embedded" in the white area, I can't get them out. I used to just right-click and save the pic. Can't do that now. I can only copy the clipboard (which seems to be a dead end) or a Word file..... There must be a new way. If I understand your post correctly, please see: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm "mrpc" <mrpc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46A0F363-0CF3-4E66-9921-E111949F53C1@microsoft.com... > When I am sent a picture in ...